Page 154 of 235 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5864

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

What did you buy? I bought the letter opener (2x), comic, the blower and the hat ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Nianotreve :

Had a note from my new mortal enemy Parcel Force, waiting for me when I got home - £20. Must be my 2 Vykron's and a Dana
    Update
    It was not Vykron!

I bought this from AFX's Ebay store, only cost £12 ($20) + £10 postage. For some reason they put a $50 insurance value on it which meant I had to pay another £20 to get it from ParcelForce

While Tytus and Megator fight over the Sword, an opportunist sneaks up and nicks it!

Great the axe you got for tytus dude ! So awesome !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Had my ransom note today for my 2 Vykron's. £18.57 this time. Ouch again.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Did anyone order a single Vykron and get customs charged on it? Still waiting for mine to turn up
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

£32 customs for my Vykrons and other SDCC order.

The £11 custom order was for something else - yes today I have been royally stitched up with 'handling fees'...

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    ok guys not MOTU related but i purchased zuul on the 23rd of july from matty they said it shipped and i'm still bloody waiting. is this about right, i've had no failed delivered noticed from royal mail or anything
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Did anyone order a single Vykron and get customs charged on it? Still waiting for mine to turn up
    I'm still waiting for my single Vykron as well mate.

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    ok guys not MOTU related but i purchased zuul on the 23rd of july from matty they said it shipped and i'm still bloody waiting. is this about right, i've had no failed delivered noticed from royal mail or anything
    Its not uncommon for figures from Matty to take up to 5-6 weeks, strange thing is sometime it can take only 2-3.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Nianotreve :Great the axe you got for tytus dude ! So awesome !
    Thanks, you mean the shield right? It's from the Ephialtes (300 movie) figure, there are a few usable parts, like the spear and helmet, also the cape

Still no sign of my 2 Vykrons and Dana ordered on the first day they were available
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Still waiting on my Spikor, and that shipped in July. here we are at Aug. 22. Was really confused we nothing shipped this month, wasnt the snake man two pack supposed to come out in august? and im looking at SLL, and it says he appart of the the 2012 sub. really confuse.

My single Vykron just came today, no customs

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by ajdawgfan View Post
    Still waiting on my Spikor, and that shipped in July. here we are at Aug. 22. Was really confused we nothing shipped this month, wasnt the snake man two pack supposed to come out in august? and im looking at SLL, and it says he appart of the the 2012 sub. really confuse.
    Snakemen has been moved to next month (Sept) along with Mekaneck and Dragon Blaster Skeletor. Laser lot is part of the 30th sub (With Spector, Dreagoman etc) not the main Club Eternia sub, so you'd need to buy on the day/now if you didnt sign up for this additional sub.

My Sub Spikor only arrived 10days ago so you could still be in luck
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    My single Vykron just came today, no customs
    Cool! Hopefully mine has arrived too!

EDIT: Got a customs note today for £11.84! for 1 Vykron! what's worse is I ordered 2 Vykron's seperatly, no doubt I'll get another customs note in the next day or so.
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; August 23, 2012 at 04:07pm.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Evil Master of D&B
    Just had to pay £27.34 to release three Vykrons! Half the charge was the 'clearance fee' as Parcel Force decided to charge me the higher rate this time. What a rip!

Cool! Hopefully mine has arrived too!

EDIT: Got a customs note today for £11.84! for 1 Vykron! what's worse is I ordered 2 Vykron's seperatly, no doubt I'll get another customs note in the next day or so.
    Arr man that sucks!

Looking at the remaining months for this year we could get hit with customs every month:
    Sep: Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, SnakeMan 2-pack (Parcel Force are gunna have a field with this one just like when we got three items at once in June )
    Oct: Frosta, Ratlor
    Nov: Dekker, Randor
    Dec: Mosquitor, Procrustus, and while its will be sent seperate from the Sub there's also Granamyr at what $80 I think, thats the Parcel Force Christmas bonuses taken care of

Wanted:

Anyone else still waiting for their Vykron? I still have him & Dana missing & wondering whether it's time to put in an inquiring call to Parcel Force.

I'm having a minor dilemma about how to handle the Sep figs.
    I usually order all my figs separate to avoid charges and don't buy beasts/large items, but I definitely want the Snake Men which are liable to be hit by customs if sent alone, so I was thinking that I might buy them, Mek and DB Skelly together this month.
    Do you think it would end up costing more buying them all together, or separately?
    I know customs is a gamble and if they slip the net it will obviously work out cheaper.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I'm having a minor dilemma about how to handle the Sep figs.
    I usually order all my figs separate to avoid charges and don't buy beasts/large items, but I definitely want the Snake Men which are liable to be hit by customs if sent alone, so I was thinking that I might buy them, Mek and DB Skelly together this month.
    Do you think it would end up costing more buying them all together, or separately?
    I know customs is a gamble and if they slip the net it will obviously work out cheaper.
    The only way to look at it is to assume that everything that should be charged import duty, will be charged import duty.
    That way you never under-budget and you can always be pleasently surprised.

The snakemen set is $44. That's £27.71. It will charged duty.
    If we assume the standard $9.95 shipping on all items (including the Snakemen) then:

If you order separately:

Dragon-Blaster Skeletor: $22 (fig) + $9.95 (shipping) = $31.95
    Mekaneck: $22 fig + $9.95 (shipping) = $31.95
    Snakemen: $44 fig + $9.95 (shipping) + $8.80 (VAT) + $12.70 (handling fee) = $75.45

Total cost: $139.95

If you order everything together:

Dragon-Blaster Skeletor: $22
    Mekaneck: $22
    Snake Men: $44
    Shipping: $15 (I've guessing here, it might only be $10, it might be $20)
    VAT: $17.60
    Handling Fee: $12.70

Total cost: $133.30 (give or take $5 either way).

So, to my mind it will probably be cheaper to have everything shipped together.

Fantastic, thanks for breaking it down like that, that definitely helps.
    I'm going to get them all shipped together then.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Well shipping for the Palace Guards 2-pack and 2 individual figures is $22.10 for the standard international shipping option. I just added the 3 items on Matty just now, so I'm guessing shipping would be the same for the Snake Men, Mekaneck and DB Skeletor...

So I work it out as:

If you order separately:

Dragon-Blaster Skeletor: $22 (fig) + $9.95 (shipping) = $31.95
    Mekaneck: $22 fig + $9.95 (shipping) = $31.95
    Snakemen: $44 fig + $9.95 (shipping) + $10.79 (VAT) + $12.70 (handling fee) = $77.44

Total cost: $141.34

If you order everything together:

Dragon-Blaster Skeletor: $22
    Mekaneck: $22
    Snake Men: $44
    Shipping: $22.10
    VAT: $22.02
    Handling Fee: $12.70

Total cost: $144.82

Remember VAT is charged on item value AND shipping value! I'd order all 3 seperate as the Snakemen are more likely to slip through customs, but if they don't, then you'd still save a couple of quid...
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Anyone else still waiting for their Vykron? I still have him & Dana missing & wondering whether it's time to put in an inquiring call to Parcel Force.
    Yep, still waiting on 2 Vykrons and a Dana here

Given Parcel Force a call & they have refused to help with my inquiry unless I give them a parcel number.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Remember VAT is charged on item value AND shipping value! I'd order all 3 seperate as the Snakemen are more likely to slip through customs, but if they don't, then you'd still save a couple of quid...
    Is that something that's recently changed?
    I haven't been charged import duty on anything since Megator, but every time I have been charged in the past I've only been charged VAT on the cost of the item and not the cost of the postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is that something that's recently changed?
    I haven't been charged import duty on anything since Megator, but every time I have been charged in the past I've only been charged VAT on the cost of the item and not the cost of the postage.
    Nothing's changed - the comment is incorrect - VAT is only charged on value of the goods not shipping. I'm in the same boat as you, haven't had a customs charge for well over a year now - long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Nothing's changed - the comment is incorrect - VAT is only charged on value of the goods not shipping. I'm in the same boat as you, haven't had a customs charge for well over a year now - long may it continue.
    The comment isn't incorrect at all. I suggest taking a look at the HMCR website:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...00014#P26_2848

Value Added Tax (VAT) - Import VAT is charged at the same rate that applies to similar goods sold in the UK and applies to commercial goods over £15 in value, and on gifts that are over £40 in value. However, please note that commercial consignments sent to the UK from the Channel Islands do not benefit from any relief of import VAT. The value of the goods for import VAT is based on the:

-basic value of goods, plus
    -postage, packing and insurance, plus
    -any import (Customs or Excise) duties charged.

As with customs duty, the cost of postage is excluded from the calculation for VAT on gifts except where the sender has used the Express Mail Service (EMS) as opposed to a standard mail service.
    Nothing has changed with this. It's always been this way since I've been buying online. The only thing that changed was the theshold going down from £18 to £15. The only time shipping isn't included in the value VAT is charged on is when the item is sent as a gift. Since Matty items ARE NOT sent as 'gifts', then the shipping value is included when VAT is calculated. Hope this helps.

Hopefully this will put this myth of shipping value not being included in the value to rest.
    Last edited by blackiecats; September 3, 2012 at 11:48pm.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

[QUOTE=blackiecats;3113683]The comment isn't incorrect at all. I suggest taking a look at the HMCR website:

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...00014#P26_2848

Fair enough - I stand corrected per the link, however whenever I have had to pay a customs charge from Matty and any other international site it has always been calculated on the value of the goods.

It has been this value that has been entered onto the customs label and the amount not including shipping that has been used to determine the charge. As such - it seems that I (and many others) have been getting away with it somewhat. This is seemingly down to the mis-understanding of the people at the other end filling in the form.

I must say that the whole process is very hit and miss with some never getting caught and also a variety of charges arising on the same packages each month.