Page 155 of 226 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Well, I have to say that surprises me.

I've been buying toys from American companies on and off since 1995 and I don't think I've ever had to be pay VAT on the cost of the item + shipping. I've only ever been charged on the value stated on the customs label. Very odd.

I guess I should count myself lucky all these years.

Anyway: thanks very much for pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    Had my ransom note today for my 2 Vykron's. £18.57 this time. Ouch again.
    After receiving and paying the ransom note on 21st August, my 2 Vykrons's showed up today. This only happened after I had called Royal Mail/Parcel Force on Friday to find out what was going on. Their operator's response, and I quote:
    "I can see you paid for it, we just haven't sent it."

Unbelievable.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Court Magician
    Has anyone received their Sir Laser-Lot yet?

I haven't but then again I didn't buy it so maybe that's why..? 8-P
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Nope, no Laser Chump here yet.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    No sign of SLL yet, but I do expect to have him by next week, hopefully.

They shipped SLL really close to sale day so I guess next week seems reasonable. I ordered a DKR Stealth Fusion Batman on sale day. No sign of that yet, either. If I get a customs charge on that ($25) I'm crapping my boxers as far as next years MOTUC sub is concerned ($25 per figure)
    Last edited by karg182; September 5, 2012 at 07:25pm.
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    If I get a customs charge on that ($25) I'm crapping my boxers as far as next years MOTUC sub is concerned ($25 per figure)
    You'll have to let us know about that please mate.

Still no SLL for me either.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Laserlot arrived in Canterbury this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Laserlot arrived in Canterbury this morning!
    Gah! Still waiting on my SDCC stuff. If Laserlot is arriving then I think it's time for another, slightly more forceful phone call to Parcelforce.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Ugh I've just had a ransom note for £11.50! It's either my ONE single Laser-Lot or my Thundercats Mini-Mates

EDIT - my SLL came today - the ransom is for the mini mates. Great(!)
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; September 6, 2012 at 03:18pm.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

My SLL also came today.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Court Magician
    I got my SLL today too.

SLL turned up for me as well - not a bad figure, I don't quite understand all of the hate - sure he's very blue and could do with a different colour round his middle but I think he fits in quite well with the rest of the line.

Called Parcelforce (again) and this time had more success. Apparently my SDCC stuff arrived on the 22nd and they'd sent a note (which never arrived). So I paid for that. Then they said another parcel had arrived this morning (presumably SLL & Blue Lion) and would I like to pay for that one too?

A bit of an expensive morning really.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    SLL turned up for me as well - not a bad figure, I don't quite understand all of the hate - sure he's very blue and could do with a different colour round his middle but I think he fits in quite well with the rest of the line.
    I totally agree, SLL is actually a really cool figure. The QC on him is perfect, nothing wrong whatsoever and the plume was easy to take off and manouver. Like Spector, SLL is cooler in hand than how he comes across in some photos. I'm really looking forward to Cy-Chop as I think he'll end up being my favourite joint with Draego-man this year for the new figures.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Called Parcelforce (again) and this time had more success. Apparently my SDCC stuff arrived on the 22nd and they'd sent a note (which never arrived). So I paid for that. Then they said another parcel had arrived this morning (presumably SLL & Blue Lion) and would I like to pay for that one too?

A bit of an expensive morning really.
    Hi, i need to do this, did you contact your local PF depot or a National one, cos my local wouldn't help at all
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got my SLL today.

£21 is customs for Laser-Lot and the Blue Lion through Parcel Force.
    Not impressed, especially since Laser-Lot is about as exciting in person as I expected... the extra cost makes me even less interested in him.

I wish I could go back to getting my stuff through Royal Mail as I barely ever got customs charges through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Hi, i need to do this, did you contact your local PF depot or a National one, cos my local wouldn't help at all
    Local depot. I'd try ringing again and hope you get a different person as the first time I called the person refused to help unless I gave them a parcel number. Second time around the person couldn't have been more helpful.

Local depot. I'd try ringing again and hope you get a different person as the first time I called the person refused to help unless I gave them a parcel number. Second time around the person couldn't have been more helpful.
    Well after 2 unhelpful phone calls and an unanswered e-mail, I decided to just turn up there Friday after work. I packed my angry eyes and stormed in ready to give someone an ear bashing. "Good afternoon how can i help" said the guy - damn he's being nice, "er can you tell me if you have a package if I give you my postcode?" "Of course, no problem" He took the details went over to his computer. Then his head rotated 180 degrees and he said "There is no package only zuullllllll (and 2 Vykrons)" ok that part didn't happen, but he did tell me there was a box with an £18 charge and I was lucky as it arrived on the 25th and was due to be sent back on Tuesday, "Didn't I get a card" I then told him about the calls etc. he gave me a card with a tel no on and told me it will come straight through to this room. I thanked him and left with a large box.

Vykron is awsome I orinally was only going to have one of each, but using some extra bodies I had lying around I have 2 of each on display, I need to post the pics when i'm home

Also Sir Laser lump arrived Sat morning by RM, no charges, he's ok, nothing special but I've no problem with him joining my MOTU's either
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Well after 2 unhelpful phone calls and an unanswered e-mail, I decided to just turn up there Friday after work. I packed my angry eyes and stormed in ready to give someone an ear bashing. "Good afternoon how can i help" said the guy - damn he's being nice, "er can you tell me if you have a package if I give you my postcode?" "Of course, no problem" He took the details went over to his computer. Then his head rotated 180 degrees and he said "There is no package only zuullllllll (and 2 Vykrons)" ok that part didn't happen, but he did tell me there was a box with an £18 charge and I was lucky as it arrived on the 25th and was due to be sent back on Tuesday, "Didn't I get a card" I then told him about the calls etc. he gave me a card with a tel no on and told me it will come straight through to this room. I thanked him and left with a large box.
    The increasingly-common missing card problem is worrying. Considering the amount we're paying in 'handling' charges, these cards really ought to arrive promptly through our doors. We shouldn't have to be chasing our packages down!

The increasingly-common missing card problem is worrying. Considering the amount we're paying in 'handling' charges, these cards really ought to arrive promptly through our doors. We shouldn't have to be chasing our packages down!
    Yeah at least when RM handle them, it's a simple case of the postman putting either the red card of happiness or the silver card of dispair (customs) the PF one is mailed out and looks a lot like my wage slip at work!

the PF one is mailed out and looks a lot like my wage slip at work!
    The slip of trickery? You think you're being paid, but really you're being charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    The slip of trickery? You think you're being paid, but really you're being charged?

Some pics
    DSC_0255.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0251.jpg
    DSC_0254.jpg