Page 158 of 227 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5663

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Subscription stuff arrived Saturday, customs charge free. Wasn't expecting that now, having had incurred charges on practically everything I've ordered on Matty recently. Charge was calculated on $80 price. Figures are pretty great but my Skelly has slight scratch issues on the right thigh. This is undoubtably down to the black plastic. Apart from that, nice haul. I think the sculpt on the one Snake Man guard is INCREDIBLE and is making me look forward to Rattlor in about a month's time!!
    I agree that this month's haul is great but like you my DB Skelly has a huge scuff and the black plastic showing through - mine is on his right bicep though. I can kind of hide it if he's posed just right but very disappointing. I hope this black plastic nonsense does end soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Direct conversion of the price is £155 Adam but me, I'm bracing myself of nearer £250 once shipping and customs are added.
    Agreed - I've done a few calcs and estimating shipping at $75 and assuming that customs gets calculated on the value of the goods that gets us to about £250.

Anyone have a clue/better estimate of what the shipping is likely to be? I reckon it's a must to use trackable/insured for this bad boy.

Sure it's a lot of cash but I'd regret it more if I missed out. My plan is to start a CG fund by selling off all my old PS3 games etc and saving a few quid a day from pocket change - that way should be easily acheivable.

Any other good ideas?

I'm assuming £250 for Grayskull as well.
    By the time you take postage and duty into account a direct $ to £ coversion is usually about right.

I'm just going to try and put aside £20 per month.
    That should cover the cost if it's a little more than that.

Guess I'll just put off getting a mobile phone again.
    It's cheap to be a Luddite.

Incidentally, my day of sale Snake Men arrived todat. No customs charge.
    I guess the sub order came in too large a box this month.

My friend just dropped off my cy-chop. Would've had Rattlor and frosta and weapons pak too if it hadn't been for a glitch in his subscription renewals. Pretty good we have it in hand a half day before the sales go up.

Bad news is, it's the worst figure I have ever seen. Honestly, it now displaces Spector as the worst ever. Oh well.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

My DOS Mekaneck arrived this morning! Always cool to get the previous months order before placing the next!
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Got my DOS Snakemen today. They look ace.
    Still waiting for a ransom note for the sub package.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Anxious to get home and see if I have a big box or ransom note waiting for me.

I just placed a huge order - 7 figs and the wepaons pak - god knows how much I'll get stung for on that!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Anxious to get home and see if I have a big box or ransom note waiting for me.

I just placed a huge order - 7 figs and the wepaons pak - god knows how much I'll get stung for on that!
    It will likely still work out cheaper than if you ordered them seperate... I bet you saved about $30 on shipping?
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I guess - shipping was $48 for that lot, hopefully it will work out cheaper overall unless customs is huge.

I just noticed that I accidentally ordered a regular He-Man that I don't need.
    I had him in my cart pre-sale as I was testing something and I was sure that I removed him, but apparently not!

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    My figures taking a little while than longer to arrive prompted me to go check my history and for some reason Matty is still showing my Club Eternia Sub as 'in process' for September. No idea why this would happen, but it now seems to have screwed up my October renewals as my Club Lion Force and 30th Subs have renewed but not the Eternia one.
    Still waiting on a decent response from Matty on this. I didn't dare take the chance with missing out on the Club Eternia figures for this month so got them DOS. If Matty does come through and honours my sub I may have spares to offload to those interested.

No sign of my DOS Snakemen from last month. I assume they're in customs hell and will emerge sometime soon.

Court Magician
    Still no sign of the September sub for me,I'm usually one of the last,but this has been one of the longest waits!

Here's my latest shipping and arrival dates. I wish I'd kept a track of August's figures too.

Mekaneck / Dragon Blaster Skeletor / Snake Men
    Shipped: September 18th
    Arrived: October 11th
    Duration: 23 days

Zodak
    Shipped: September 20th

Frosta / Rattlor
    Shipped: October 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I guess - shipping was $48 for that lot, hopefully it will work out cheaper overall unless customs is huge.

I just noticed that I accidentally ordered a regular He-Man that I don't need.
    I had him in my cart pre-sale as I was testing something and I was sure that I removed him, but apparently not!
    At a guess, I'd say customs will be around £22 VAT + £8 handling fee. You probably will pay slightly more if your hit by customs, but then if you had attempted seperate orders you'd likely would have missed out on some of the quick sell out figures...

Received Septembers subs Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Mekaneck & Snakemen 2-pack also received a £17:86 customs charge.

PICT0316.jpg

Yes! 1st DB Skelly is here! :-) Sadly it does have a paint loss on his bicep, luckily visible only when his hand is positioned in a certain way so.. whatever. The way I will be posing him - not an issue. But I would prefer this figure to be perfect as this was always my favorite variant so a little disappointed by this.. Yet, he is one cool figure to own after so many years - a great refresh indeed! :-) And I do like the dragon, although I was hoping the collar is a separate piece, but it isn't so finding a position where the head doesn't look constantly up is a bit of a challenge ;-)

photo.jpg
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Got my day of sale Snake Men yesterday. No customs charge thank goodness.

Court Magician
    This isn't looking good for us.... Just did some quick workings and this is what we're looking at.... ouch!

I wanted 2... 1 for MOC and 1 to play with...

Still gonna do it?

1 Castle

CG ($) - $250
    Shipping ($) - $198
    Total ($) - $448
    Total (£) - £295.68
    Import Duty (4.7%) - £13.89696
    Import VAT (20%) - £59.136
    Carrier Handling fee - £12
    Total 1 x Castle GK - £380.71296

2 Castles

CG ($) - $500
    Shipping ($) - $368
    Total ($) - $868
    Total (£) - £572.88
    Import Duty (4.7%) - £26.92536
    Import VAT (20%) - £114.576
    Carrier Handling fee - £12
    Total 2 x Castle GK - £726.38136
    Total 1 x Castle GK - £363.19068

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm assuming £250 for Grayskull as well.
    By the time you take postage and duty into account a direct $ to £ coversion is usually about right.

I'm just going to try and put aside £20 per month.
    That should cover the cost if it's a little more than that.

Guess I'll just put off getting a mobile phone again.
    It's cheap to be a Luddite.

Incidentally, my day of sale Snake Men arrived todat. No customs charge.
    I guess the sub order came in too large a box this month.

Just seen the shipping costs for CG and swift33uk's estimate above.

I'd really love a castle but > £350 is just to much for me - its at the point where I feel they are taking the p. and its not worth it.

To be honest I think they will struggle to hit the target on this basis.

Gutted

Those are sobering figures.
    Economies of scale doesn't even work.
    Shipping for ten Castle Grayskulls is $2830.56!
    How does that make sense?
    Last edited by Neil; October 16, 2012 at 03:42pm.

Shipping on Grayskull has now reportable been lowered to $100 but even so I still think this is going to work out to be to expensive for me, especially when I consider its going to be way too big for me to display anywhere so will probably just remain in it's box in storage and rarely see the light of day.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Still no parcel. Looks like it's being 'customised' :-(

I would love a CG but I have no room for it and can't afford it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Shipping on Grayskull has now reportable been lowered to $100 but even so I still think this is going to work out to be to expensive for me, especially when I consider its going to be way too big for me to display anywhere so will probably just remain in it's box in storage and rarely see the light of day.
    Same here, but its something I just can't pass up.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Court Magician
    Pretty good news about the Shipping price error... though Shipping for 1 x Castle is $94, shipping for 2 is $198... so think there may still be some tweaking required on the shipping calculations...

None the less... prices per castle much more closer to Neil's earlier estimate and much more palatable. No massive saving for ordering multiples it seems:

3 x CG:

Total - £859.63
    Per Castle - £286.54

2 x CG:

Total - £587.09
    Per Castle - £293.54

1 x CG:

Total - £295.37

Quote Originally Posted by swift33uk View Post
    Pretty good news about the Shipping price error... though Shipping for 1 x Castle is $94, shipping for 2 is $198... so think there may still be some tweaking required on the shipping calculations...
    It's the parcel dimensions that bump up shipping. A box containing more than one Grayskull will be huge! I can imagine that shipping multiples will cost more than shipping each Castle seperate due to the bigger dimensions. When I've sold stuff internationally on eBay in the past, it's been cheaper to split the goods into 2 seperate parcels rather than one large parcel (again due to the dimensions of the package)

I think the shipping prices are now correct.

Well, I've preordered mine now.
    I was never realistically not going to get a Castle Grayskull.

Now I have to go and see a man about selling a kidney.

Quote Originally Posted by swift33uk View Post

None the less... prices per castle much more closer to Neil's earlier estimate and much more palatable. No massive saving for ordering multiples it seems:

3 x CG:

Total - £859.63
    Per Castle - £286.54

2 x CG:

Total - £587.09
    Per Castle - £293.54

1 x CG:

Total - £295.37
    That makes things a bit more palatable - feels like I earned $100 overnight while sleeping!

Pity that there are no economies of scale for ordering multiples but at this much I think I'm in although I'll wait till the end of the window to see if any further news emerges