Page 186 of 232 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 4,626 to 4,650 of 5786

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Octavia arrived today. Love her! Though I've spent a small fortune on toys this month, so it was a relief there was only one figure due with the sub.

Picked up some more clamshells, then grabbed an extra Man At Arms via Early Access, along with a He-man and She-Ra on Matty for my son as its his birthday soon. Not to mention a bunch of Ninja Turtle figures from the new cartoon (again for my boy) at Toys R Us.

Also received a MOC Teela (released in 2008) from a nice chap in America, which was conveniently encased in a clamshell.

Now I'm just waiting for a MISB Commemorative 10-pack which I bought last weekend and I'm all set. Been hunting that thing for years.

Can't wait for the SDCC exclusives! Hopefully I'll be able to pick those up with minimum fuss.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Nope, just Octavia this month. Tons of figures in July though - Clamp Champ, Icer, & New Adventures He-Man!
    ah that makes sense ithought filmation started this month , plus im thrown off by all the review sites getting na he-man early
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Trans22 View Post
    Subscription $25
    Man that sucks, I take it it wasn't via Royal Mail being this fast? If we start getting sub fee's on ever single figures (I did with Snake Face) I'm gunna have to reconsider next years sub or get it via a US Orger.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

anyone still waiting for the FFM/karatti ?? ...

are folks who are receiving octavia already signed up for super-fast shipping ?? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

How much is this super fast shipping? I'm pretty sure I only got billed the day before yesterday (for my regularly priced shipping sub), so looking at waiting til at least the 1st before the stuff arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    are folks who are receiving octavia already signed up for super-fast shipping ?? ...
    Yes mate. DHL deliver my toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfighter View Post
    How much is this super fast shipping? I'm pretty sure I only got billed the day before yesterday (for my regularly priced shipping sub), so looking at waiting til at least the 1st before the stuff arrives!
    It varies from month to month based on how much stuff is being sent. Octavia cost me £18. Though I had to pay £12 on top of that for import charges when she arrived. DHL usually send a text and/or call.

I went for the faster method when it was explained that I wouldn't get a refund or a replacement if I used non-trackable shipping and my toys went missing during transit. I couldn't take that risk with King He-Man or Ram-Man. I always intended to revert back to the slower option, but Matty aren't great to deal with at the best of times, so was worried they'd mess up my subscription if I called. It's nice having your figures arrive so early though. Just a bit expensive, but I've grown used to it over time.
    Last edited by Nephilim; June 16, 2013 at 08:30pm.

Well that was a bit of a nightmare managed to order Octavia and a pack of flight stands but the matty page wasn't loading properly

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Yes mate. DHL deliver my toys.

It varies from month to month based on how much stuff is being sent. Octavia cost me £18. Though I had to pay £12 on top of that for import charges when she arrived. DHL usually send a text and/or call.

I went for the faster method when it was explained that I wouldn't get a refund or a replacement if I used non-trackable shipping and my toys went missing during transit. I couldn't take that risk with King He-Man or Ram-Man. I always intended to revert back to the slower option, but Matty aren't great to deal with at the best of times, so was worried they'd mess up my subscription if I called. It's nice having your figures arrive so early though. Just a bit expensive, but I've grown used to it over time.
    What's the most you've paid in a month with DHL, including customs?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know which shipping options to go with.

It's either going to be quarterly with DHL or monthly with DHL.

I've decided I want them to be trackable, epsecially if these next 2 years are to be All-Stars years. I do't want anything to go 'missing'

But if I went with just monthly shipping via DHL, how much am I looking at each month? I've had a customs charge every month so far anyway, so that won't be anything new.

What's the most anyone who usually uses DHL has paid in 1 single month in total?

Figure(s) + DHL Shipping + Customs = ??
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

anyone still waiting for the FFM/karatti ?? ...

Yeah, my eBay reseller friend is getting his FFM/karatti shipped with julys figures. Don't know if its because he took the sub lite. Now he worrying he won't be able to sell them that late. Also doesn't know when octavia is shipping either.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Shipping Options for Club Eternia 2014

Hi Everyone,

Just looking at the shipping options for next year's Club Eternia sub.
    Thought I would save some money and choose the Quarterly shipping option... but when it comes to choosing the method of postage I'm given two options:

International Express: $58.99 shipping for the first quarter
    International Postal: $70.99 shipping for the first quarter

Neither method is trackable, and there's no option for DHL.
    (It's the same deal with the monthly subscription: $32.99 for international express, or $13.69 for international postal.)

Now don't get me wrong $58.99 is a good deal... there are four $25 figures and one $40 item in that first quarterly delivery.... but as I was opting to get my items every three months I was hoping to get parcels more quickly, and to have a trackable shipping option. I don't see how Mattel can say that missing figures won't be replaced without selecting a trackable shipping option, and then not offer us one in the first place!

Can anyone offer any insight into what this "international express" postage might be? I misprint? DHL in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    What's the most you've paid in a month with DHL, including customs?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know which shipping options to go with.

It's either going to be quarterly with DHL or monthly with DHL.

I've decided I want them to be trackable, epsecially if these next 2 years are to be All-Stars years. I do't want anything to go 'missing'

But if I went with just monthly shipping via DHL, how much am I looking at each month? I've had a customs charge every month so far anyway, so that won't be anything new.

What's the most anyone who usually uses DHL has paid in 1 single month in total?

Figure(s) + DHL Shipping + Customs = ??
    Hard to say off the top of my head mate, I can go back and check if there is a particular month you're thinking of? The cost does stack up though, especially with larger/multiple items. Next month will be a bit pricey I'd imagine as there is a fair bit coming out.

Taking a quick glance at my emails, a recent example I can give you is the shipment containing He-Man, She-Ra and the clamshells I just bought (those arrived today actually, I only made the order 3 days ago, thats mental lol). That was £24 with an extra 19 quid added on in import charges.

Whilst the cost of shipping for the Fighting Foe Men and Karatii back in May was £24 too. With an added customs fee of £23 (I think - just reading old text messages DHL have sent me.)

Hope that provides some insight for you buddy. Just depends on personal preference really.

I was perfectly content with the slower shipping last year, but took into account the hassle of finding replacement figures if anything got lost in the post (especially the harder to find items like Fang Man etc.) and it didn’t seem worth the headache this time around. Over cautious perhaps, but the added benefit of getting everything delivered so fast is pretty cool, so I don't mind.

Shipping our stuff quarterly in 2014 sounds like an attractive option. Least in theory. Knowing me though, I need a MOTUC fix every month, so probably couldn't wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Can anyone offer any insight into what this "international express" postage might be? I misprint? DHL in disguise?
    I'm assuming International Express is DHL or something similiar... If I sub next year I'll probably go with the International Express quarterly option sent direct to me in the UK (for 2013 my sub goes to a US friend) I can live with customs fees 4 times next year as it will likely work out roughly the same as having the stuff sent to my US friend and then on to me... maybe...

I know so far this year I've paid $84 for Ram Man, Fighting Foe Men and 8 regular figures (including early access figs) to be shipped to me from my US friend. So in theory $168 is the rough cost to ship the 2014 stuff over to me. US shipping will probably be around $18 per quarter, so that's another $72. Total $240.

Direct Express shipping is around $236 for the year. Though that doesn't include the customs fees... Guessing customs will be around £20 per quarter, so the direct option might be around £80 dearer...

I guess it all depends on SDCC. If we don't see Madame Razz or Scorpia revealed in the first quarter, I'll be less inclined to subscribe. Also if we get Stridor or Night Stalker revealed as the $38 quarterly items, it will also put me off due to lack of space to put them. I can't be trying to offload them at a loss like with the FFM

It really all depends on if I get 1 of my top 2 revealed mainly as I'll be convinced to sub for that figure alone! If there is neither Madame Razz or Scorpia revealed and we get horses for the quarterlies, I'll likely take my chances with DOS for just $2 extra (while pre-ordering from BBTS incase they pull a Fangman trick again) Of course that will free me up to sub to another Filmation sub or a POP sub should either of those happen. The SDCC reveals will be what decides it for me
    Last edited by blackiecats; June 17, 2013 at 06:15pm.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Octavia arrived today. Love her! Though I've spent a small fortune on toys this month, so it was a relief there was only one figure due with the sub.

Picked up some more clamshells, then grabbed an extra Man At Arms via Early Access, along with a He-man and She-Ra on Matty for my son as its his birthday soon. Not to mention a bunch of Ninja Turtle figures from the new cartoon (again for my boy) at Toys R Us.

Also received a MOC Teela (released in 2008) from a nice chap in America, which was conveniently encased in a clamshell.

Now I'm just waiting for a MISB Commemorative 10-pack which I bought last weekend and I'm all set. Been hunting that thing for years.

Can't wait for the SDCC exclusives! Hopefully I'll be able to pick those up with minimum fuss.
    Congratulations on the 10-pak. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it and was it through eBay?
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Congratulations on the 10-pak. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it and was it through eBay?

Thanks dude! Cost me £429 plus £33 shipping.

I wasn't gonna buy it but my girlfriend knew how much I wanted the 10-pack, so said she'd pay £200 towards it on behalf of my kids (as a father's day present). It's a lot of money obviously, though one of the rarer items out there and I love the commemorative stuff. Plus I've noticed it going for nearly double that price, so I don't think I got a bad deal.

I've never seen it being sold in the UK before, so changed my settings on eBay to include a US search and it came up through that. It hasn’t arrived yet though.

I'm after one of those ToonSeum autographed Swords of Power - signed by Lou Scheimer next, but I don't think I'll have much luck.

Hard to say off the top of my head mate, I can go back and check if there is a particular month you're thinking of? The cost does stack up though, especially with larger/multiple items. Next month will be a bit pricey I'd imagine as there is a fair bit coming out.

Taking a quick glance at my emails, a recent example I can give you is the shipment containing He-Man, She-Ra and the clamshells I just bought (those arrived today actually, I only made the order 3 days ago, thats mental lol). That was £24 with an extra 19 quid added on in import charges.

Whilst the cost of shipping for the Fighting Foe Men and Karatii back in May was £24 too. With an added customs fee of £23 (I think - just reading old text messages DHL have sent me.)

Hope that provides some insight for you buddy. Just depends on personal preference really.

I was perfectly content with the slower shipping last year, but took into account the hassle of finding replacement figures if anything got lost in the post (especially the harder to find items like Fang Man etc.) and it didn’t seem worth the headache this time around. Over cautious perhaps, but the added benefit of getting everything delivered so fast is pretty cool, so I don't mind.

Shipping our stuff quarterly in 2014 sounds like an attractive option. Least in theory. Knowing me though, I need a MOTUC fix every month, so probably couldn't wait that long.
    Cheers for that mate.

I think I'm going to go with the quarterly shipping option with International Express. i just wonder how much of a customs charge that will be with 4 monthly items + the sub exclusive. I've had a look on the 'customs duty calculator' and if the items come to $140, and the shipping is $58.99, then the customs should be around £25 every 3 months, not bad.

most of you on here seem to have more sense than me on here. in the uk is the quaterly option a good idea, considering the items will get higher customs charges. i am happy to get my MOTUC quarterly. also do you pay monthly on in large quartely lumpo sums? also can you add filmation figures into these?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    most of you on here seem to have more sense than me on here. in the uk is the quaterly option a good idea, considering the items will get higher customs charges. i am happy to get my MOTUC quarterly. also do you pay monthly on in large quartely lumpo sums? also can you add filmation figures into these?
    Quarterly shipping will (likely) result in lower customs charges as you'll only have to pay the handling fee once each quarter, instead of (potentially) every month (the VAT component would be the same with either shipping method). Of course whether you get hit by fees or not is always completely random.

According to the Matty website you'll pay quarterly for the figures.

No Filmation sub has been announced for 2014 (yet). If one isannounced then, going by how it's been done in the past, the two subs would only ship together on the second shipment.

I asked Digital River customer service about the International Postal vs. International Express vs. DHL shipping. This is the reply I got this morning:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Unfortunately, no information was communicated to us yet whether or not DHL will still be an option for overseas customers. We are also unsure on which courier will be used for International Express shipments.

We have already contacted our Mattel support team for further information regarding the shipping methods available for overseas customers. As soon as the information is provided to us, we will communicate it to you via email as well.

I'll keep you all posted when I hear more.
    I'm definitely going to choose the Quarterly shipping option regardless, but I'm happy to wait and get all the facts before placing my order.

Thats interesting, I posted the same question in the ask matty forum yesterday at mattycollector and got a different answer by email:
    "Dear Grizzzlor,

Thank you for contacting Matty Collector.

Looking through the forums we noticed that you had some questions
    regarding International Express. International Express is simply the
    new name for our DHL traceable shipping option. We apologize for any
    confusion this may have caused.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this message. When
    replying, please be sure to include this and any other pertinent
    correspondence in your message.

Sincerely,
    Brady O.
    Digital River
    Customer Service "

Got Spirit of Hordak today. great figure, like it much more than i thought I was going to
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Total Cost Comparisson of the 2014 Subscription

Hi all. I've done some rough postage and VAT calculations for the 2014 subscription that I thought I would share. My sums are in the attached document, and a summary of the options is below. Do have a look through and see if you agree with my maths.

First, a few provisos going into these figures:

• These are worst-case-scenario calculations based on being hit for import fees on every eligible parcel. It may not happen, but it's the only way I can budget.
    • I've based the postage for the monthly sub at its 2013 rate. The shipping costs have risen in 2014, but I don't know by how much. So it's likely the cost of getting figures shipped monthly is going to be a little more expensive than stated below.
    • I have counted each of the $38, $40 and $35 quarterly/holiday items as two figures for the purposes of working out shipping.
    • We know the $40 items ships in quarter one. I've guessed that we have $38 items in quarters two and four, and the $25 item in quarter three. It doesn't make much difference.
    • When calculating VAT and import duty I've assumed that International Post deliveries will come through Royal Mail and so the fee is 20% of the cost of the item +£8 handling. I've assumed International Express shipping comes through DHL and the fee is 20% of the (cost of the item + shipping cost) + £5 handling fee. That casts the quarterly option in a poorer light, but experience tells me that's how it's going to work.
    • To keep everything in the same currency it's easier to convert the handling fee into dollars. £5 is $7.71; £8 is $12.34.
    • As all quarters are (more-or-less) equal in terms of product, I've assumed the same quarterly shipping rates for each quarter. If anything, it's going to less expensive in quarters two and three.
    • The cost of the subscription bonus figure and map ($25) is not included in these calculations, but the postage and VAT for the item is.

So these are the results:

International Post (Monthly):
    - $981.38 (£636.14) per annum, or £53.01 per month.

International Express (Monthly):
    - $1140.80 (£739.48) per annum, or £61.62 per month.

International Post (Quarterly):
    - $909.52 (£589.56) per annum, or £49.13 per month.

International Express (Quarterly):
    - $854.15 (£553.67) per annum, or £46.14 per month.

So it will be cheapest to choose the International Express shipping option, and get the parcels quarterly. Not very surprising, but nice to see that the numbers back up that assumption. Assuming International Express is trackable (and I think it probably must be) this also has the advantage of protecting us against missing items, and the parcel should arrive quickly. Of course, you have to be the sort of person who will wait up 2-3 months longer to get some figures.

I guess I'm surprised that the difference between the shipping options isn't greater than it is, but I can manage £46/month next year. Might even have enough spare cash to save up for a new gaming console!
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry guys - but is anyone still waiting on mays subscription figures??? ...

i still haven't gotten my FFM & karatti yet, starting to think they aren't coming
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Thanks for those breakdowns Neil, very helpful
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I asked Digital River customer service about the International Postal vs. International Express vs. DHL shipping. This is the reply I got this morning:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Unfortunately, no information was communicated to us yet whether or not DHL will still be an option for overseas customers. We are also unsure on which courier will be used for International Express shipments.

We have already contacted our Mattel support team for further information regarding the shipping methods available for overseas customers. As soon as the information is provided to us, we will communicate it to you via email as well.

I'll keep you all posted when I hear more.
    I'm definitely going to choose the Quarterly shipping option regardless, but I'm happy to wait and get all the facts before placing my order.
    I phoned Brady in Matty's customer service, and he told me that 2014 will have DHL, trackable shipping for customers in the UK.

sorry guys - but is anyone still waiting on mays subscription figures??? ...

i still haven't gotten my FFM & karatti yet, starting to think they aren't coming
    Did you go for the sub lite? I'm still waiting on karatti/FFM
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw