Page 187 of 221 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 5502

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    sorry guys - but is anyone still waiting on mays subscription figures??? ...

i still haven't gotten my FFM & karatti yet, starting to think they aren't coming
    Yes, my Karatti, Silk Spectre, etc haven't arrived yet either. Will probably be receiving a customs note any day now...

@ Neil: Many thanks for the estimates. I think i'll try international express (quarterly).

Hi

I've never had a subscription and wondered do you get an invoice by email before they take money from your account?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    Hi

I've never had a subscription and wondered do you get an invoice by email before they take money from your account?
    Yes you do. They remind you by email that it's 'almost' time for your sub to renew.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Yes you do. They remind you by email that it's 'almost' time for your sub to renew.
    Thanks. Also I'm toying with idea of getting the 2014 Sub, I just dislike you don't actually know what your paying for! Will there be any reveals at SDCC for the 2014 line?

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    Thanks. Also I'm toying with idea of getting the 2014 Sub, I just dislike you don't actually know what your paying for! Will there be any reveals at SDCC for the 2014 line?
    They usually show Sub Exclusive, January, February and March figures and the Q1 item ($40) They might also show the Q2 item ($38) as they did show the Q2 item last year at SDCC (Fighting Foe Men) but that could have been done because of the price of them and making sure subbers knew what they were signing themselves up for.

It's always the quarterly items that are a nightmare as many folks don't want obscure 3 packs like the Fighting Foe Men, however next year those slots could be for deluxe figures like Modulok ($40), figure with small pack in figures like Glimmer and Kowl ($38) and maybe Stridor ($35). I think next year will be a lot easier to sell your unwanted items and not take a loss on them. I'm still waiting until SDCC though as there just isn't any reason to subscribe until we at least know what the Q1 items are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hi all. I've done some rough postage and VAT calculations for the 2014 subscription that I thought I would share. My sums are in the attached document, and a summary of the options is below. Do have a look through and see if you agree with my maths.
    Why is shipping $28.95 in Q4 via DHL? Shouldn't it be at least $58.99, since we are getting 5 items like in Q1? Infact with 2 oversized items in Q4, it will likely be slightly more expensive than $58.99
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Why is shipping $28.95 in Q4 via DHL? Shouldn't it be at least $58.99, since we are getting 5 items like in Q1? Infact with 2 oversized items in Q4, it will likely be slightly more expensive than $58.99
    Oops.

You see, this is why I said check my maths!

The sub using International Express works out at $890.19 for the year - which is £577.03 or £48.09 per month.
    Not as cheap, but still cheapest!

Hi all, haven't been on here much in the last couple of weeks.
    Quick question: international express? Is this new? Is it gonna be tracked?

DHL for me has been a revelation in terms of speed; I got Octavia the day before I got my shipping notice from Mattel.
    However the price has been a huge hike that I will struggle to keep up going forward. Plus, I've been stung by customs for every item bar one.

What's the deal with the express method guys?
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    Hi all, haven't been on here much in the last couple of weeks.
    Quick question: international express? Is this new? Is it gonna be tracked?

DHL for me has been a revelation in terms of speed; I got Octavia the day before I got my shipping notice from Mattel.
    However the price has been a huge hike that I will struggle to keep up going forward. Plus, I've been stung by customs for every item bar one.

What's the deal with the express method guys?
    As I said earlier in the thread. i phoned Brady in custom services at Matty and he told me that International Express is DHL, and it will be tracked.

Hi all. Received a figure in the post this morning.... not at home to open it, but I guess that it must be Octavia. The only other thing I'm expecting is the Spirit of Hordak, and he wasn't posted that long ago. Anyway: whichever figure it is, it's arrived sans customs which is a happy surprise.

Edit: Yeah, it was Octavia - and what an awesome figure she is!
    Last edited by Neil; July 3, 2013 at 04:03am.

My sub Octavia turned up today with no customs.

Octavia arrived this morning, with no customs!!! This is the first month EVER that I haven't had a customs charge, about bloody time. She's stunning!

Octavia arrived this morning for me also with no customs and she is an amazing figure!. Still waiting on my Spirit of Hordak though.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Court Magician
    My sub Octavia arrived today too, no customs for me either.

Have I missed something or is a single figure arriving without customs fees now newsworthy? I've never been charged on any single boxed figure since the line began, so if people have now started getting charged on single figures with the regular shipping option then that is a bit of a worry!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Have I missed something or is a single figure arriving without customs fees now newsworthy? I've never been charged on any single boxed figure since the line began, so if people have now started getting charged on single figures with the regular shipping option then that is a bit of a worry!!
    Yes, it's very much newsworthy. Considering I've had a customs charge EVERY month. This is the first time EVER that I've escaped one.

With the price of the figures now at $25 and the customs limit lowered to £15 even single figures can now get caught by fees.

Yes, it's very much newsworthy. Considering I've had a customs charge EVERY month. This is the first time EVER that I've escaped one.
    You've been charged for single figures EVERY time since the line began?

You've been charged for single figures EVERY time since the line began?
    Yes, this is the first month I haven't had a customs charge

Yes, this is the first month I haven't had a customs charge
    Given how pretty much nobody has ever had to pay for single figures prior to this year's prices, you must have some sort of claim to compensation. You've paid out literally hundreds of pounds it would seem that nobody else has had to.

Given how pretty much nobody has ever had to pay for single figures prior to this year's prices, you must have some sort of claim to compensation. You've paid out literally hundreds of pounds it would seem that nobody else has had to.
    I think he means this year he's had a customs charge every month.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    i was charged on customs on a single figure twice in the previous 2 years (ie once in 2011 and once in 2012)and that was when prices were lower. so for me any time any figures slip through customs it's newsworthy!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I think he means this year he's had a customs charge every month.
    I asked him specifically if he has been charged "every time since the line started". If he actually is claiming to have been charged every time for the last 5 years, I outright don't believe him.

Octavia arrived in East Anglia today.

My day-of Octavia arrived today. With a massive splodge on her head. :/
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    My day-of Octavia arrived today. With a massive splodge on her head. :/
    Maybe Merman got excited lol.