Page 190 of 235 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5859

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Icers, CC and NA He-Man's this week via DHL, still great service and with the charges and shipping, the figures worked out to roughly £28-29 each, so not too bad.

I'm definitely getting the quarterly option next year via DHL (or the equivalent)
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I've just posted a live feed in the post above yours!
    Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Got my Icers, CC and NA He-Man's this week via DHL, still great service and with the charges and shipping, the figures worked out to roughly £28-29 each, so not too bad.

I'm definitely getting the quarterly option next year via DHL (or the equivalent)
    My Icer is still on the way - Shipping for him is $13.75. Does this shipping price reflect DHL method? I only ask as I'm sure i selected DHL for my Filmation sub but hes not here yet. Thanks.

$13.75 is the normal international shipping method.
    Average deliver is three weeks, give-or-take.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    $13.75 is the normal international shipping method.
    Average deliver is three weeks, give-or-take.
    Thanks very much!

About to sub up. So with the quarterly, DHL/international express is definitely the way to go right? On mattycollector it says it'll be cheaper for the first quarter, and obviously much faster.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Court Magician
    Always gone the eBay route for MOTUC figures but as I now realise I have around 30 of them and am likely to be quite taken with a number of releases in 2014 (at least I hope I will be!) I am considering a subscription for 2014 but am still on the fence, I see it would be around £330 for the year for such a subscription but I can't see anything on their site about how much shipping is to the UK. Can anyone help me out with some information?

It's about $13 for an individual figure on the monthly option, and about $70 or $58 on the quarterly option depending on which shipping method you choose. I've gone with the monthly because I don't really think I'll save that much after the guaranteed customs charges on the quarterly option to make it worth waiting at least 3 months for new figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    It's about $13 for an individual figure on the monthly option, and about $70 or $58 on the quarterly option depending on which shipping method you choose. I've gone with the monthly because I don't really think I'll save that much after the guaranteed customs charges on the quarterly option to make it worth waiting at least 3 months for new figures.
    Do you tend to use the slower shipping option (3 weeks)?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone still on the fence about cancelling their CG order? I like it but its alot to pay out with uk shipping and no doubt custom fee for it to be a display piece
    Still undecided!

It wouldn't be 3 months if you went with the faster shipping method since the figures would be delivered within a day or two of the (for example) March release. With the slower shipping method you'd only just have received February's figures by then.

Definitely keeping my Grayskull order. It's pricey and will reduce the amount of Horde Troopers I can buy, but it looks awesome and since I have two boys it'll definitely be played with!

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    Do you tend to use the slower shipping option (3 weeks)?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone still on the fence about cancelling their CG order? I like it but its alot to pay out with uk shipping and no doubt custom fee for it to be a display piece
    Still undecided!
    Yeah I use the slow option

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    It wouldn't be 3 months if you went with the faster shipping method since the figures would be delivered within a day or two of the (for example) March release. With the slower shipping method you'd only just have received February's figures by then.

Definitely keeping my Grayskull order. It's pricey and will reduce the amount of Horde Troopers I can buy, but it looks awesome and since I have two boys it'll definitely be played with!
    I meant a 3 month wait for each quarterly shipment not the delivery option.

But won't you pay customs handling fees every month at £8 each time? That's £24. With DHL isn't it £5? (so your saving £19 per quarter already!) Plus you will have only just received the February items and be waiting another 2-3 weeks for the March items when others using DHL will have the whole quarter around the time your February stuff shows up. So you'll only be ahead of those with DHL shipping with the figures on the first month of each quarter pretty much

Plus the monthly $13.75 shipping is not tracked. At the end of the day I think UK fans are crazy NOT to go with the DHL quarterly shipping as the benefits outweigh the cons by miles! Especially if you've been getting hit by customs every month in 2013!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    But won't you pay customs handling fees every month at £8 each time? That's £24. With DHL isn't it £5? (so your saving £19 per quarter already!) Plus you will have only just received the February items and be waiting another 2-3 weeks for the March items when others using DHL will have the whole quarter around the time your February stuff shows up. So you'll only be ahead of those with DHL shipping with the figures on the first month of each quarter pretty much

Plus the monthly $13.75 shipping is not tracked. At the end of the day I think UK fans are crazy NOT to go with the DHL quarterly shipping as the benefits outweigh the cons by miles! Especially if you've been getting hit by customs every month in 2013!
    I've only ever had to pay to customs on an individual figure once and that was octavia, if it had happened every time then I would definitely go quarterly. I know I'd save money if I did but I'm not convinced its enough after the guaranteed customs on just the q1 shipment which will be over £25 to make it worth waiting over 3 months for any new figures at all (the anticipation would just kill me lol). Don't get me wrong if I get stung every month then I'll probably regret it.

I've only ever had to pay to customs on an individual figure once and that was octavia, if it had happened every time then I would definitely go quarterly. I know I'd save money if I did but I'm not convinced its enough after the guaranteed customs on just the q1 shipment which will be over £25 to make it worth waiting over 3 months for any new figures at all (the anticipation would just kill me lol). Don't get me wrong if I get stung every month then I'll probably regret it.
    Gotcha Hopefully it works out and at least the single figures avoid customs I know I'd get hit every time on single figures,so that option is out for me. I can wait an extra month for the Q1 stuff as I've been having my 2013 sub shipped to a US friend and thus waiting on those.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

If it helps, I estimated the complete cost of all the options for the 2014 (including the cost of the toys + postage + VAT + import handling fees) on page 186 of this thread. Blackiecats was good enough to point out the error in my maths for International Express (Quarterly) so these are the revised figures:

International Post (Monthly):
    - $981.38 per annum

International Express (Monthly):
    - $1140.80 per annum

International Post (Quarterly):
    - $909.52 per annum

International Express (Quarterly):
    - $890.19 per annum

I went with the International Express (Quarterly). Of course, if you think you can avoid the import duty, then your mileage may vary. Single figures may slip through, but remember that Club Eternia only ships single figures on six out of the twelve months of the 2014 sub. If all six of those figures manage to miss the VAT and handling charge then the total cost of International Post (Monthly) will fall from $981.38 to $877.34. Which isn't much less than the International Express (Quarterly) option... especially considering I based the monthly shipping options on 2013 postage rates, and we know they'll be higher for 2014. And it would only take one of those six figures to be caught at customs for International Express (Quarterly) to be cheaper.

Personally, I've never used DHL for a sub before, I'll get my first taste of their express shipping when I get Castle Grayskull in November. Can you believe that's only four months away now!
    Last edited by Neil; July 22, 2013 at 06:00am.

This is non-MOTU related, but I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in this thread (I just can't find it) - I've just been charged £20 in fees on a £25 'gift' package. Is there anyway of claiming back the handling fee as well as the VAT?

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    This is non-MOTU related, but I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in this thread (I just can't find it) - I've just been charged £20 in fees on a £25 'gift' package. Is there anyway of claiming back the handling fee as well as the VAT?
    Yes there is so long as you have proof of the value and still have all the labels including the customs label declaring the parcel as a 'gift'. There is a claim form you can print out, which I'll find the link out for you

Spirit of Hordak arrived yesterday - no customs. So that's 2 out of 2 which makes me a happy camper :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Octavia is a very cool figure. Shame she has loose ankles though. She's almost worth the silly amount I have ended up paying for her.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

If it helps, I estimated the complete cost of all the options for the 2014 (including the cost of the toys + postage + VAT + import handling fees) on page 186 of this thread. Blackiecats was good enough to point out the error in my maths for International Express (Quarterly) so these are the revised figures:

- $981.38 per annum

- $1140.80 per annum

- $909.52 per annum

- $890.19 per annum

I went with the International Express (Quarterly). Of course, if you think you can avoid the import duty, then your mileage may vary. Single figures may slip through, but remember that Club Eternia only ships single figures on six out of the twelve months of the 2014 sub. If all six of those figures manage to miss the VAT and handling charge then the total cost of International Post (Monthly) will fall from $981.38 to $877.34. Which isn't much less than the International Express (Quarterly) option... especially considering I based the monthly shipping options on 2013 postage rates, and we know they'll be higher for 2014. And it would only take one of those six figures to be caught at customs for International Express (Quarterly) to be cheaper.

Personally, I've never used DHL for a sub before, I'll get my first taste of their express shipping when I get Castle Grayskull in November. Can you believe that's only four months away now!

Wow thanks for that break down mate
    I probably would have gone with International Post (Quarterly) but will more then likely go with International Express (Quarterly) now. So International Express (Quarterly) comes via DHL? Anybody know what their like for things like delivering parcels when your not in? Do you have to pick it up from the depo or will they leave it at a neighbours if your not in? Cos my nearest DHL depo is probably 30+ miles away.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Wow thanks for that break down mate
    I probably would have gone with International Post (Quarterly) but will more then likely go with International Express (Quarterly) now. So International Express (Quarterly) comes via DHL? Anybody know what their like for things like delivering parcels when your not in? Do you have to pick it up from the depo or will they leave it at a neighbours if your not in? Cos my nearest DHL depo is probably 30+ miles away.
    I ordered Granamyr on Tuesday as a tester for DHL. I was very impressed. He was delieverd on Thursday. I phoneed DHL on the Wednesday as I was going to be out during the day. The very pleasant lady explained that if I left a signed note of authority with the tracking number on the door then the delivery man would leave the parcel on the porch/suitable place. This worked fine. Note sure if you can get them to leave the package with a neighbour though.
    I paid the customs fee (£21.30) on line and I was very impressed with the whole process. As such I will definately be using the DHL quarterly shipping option for 2014.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    DHL's good for me as their depot it a 5 min walk from my house, and they're open late so i can collect after work. my Filmation sub is with them and my 2 2014 subs (quarterly shipping) is with them

Got home today to find a Royal Mail notice in the door, must be my sub GP He-Man and Clamp Champ, (paid customs on single Octavia last month, these 2 escaped it!) annoying thing though with RM they're only open such short hours I'll have to get up early and go before work and take the box in with me.

Oh well I got my 2 2014 subs with DHL
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll be signing up for my subs this week, just not sure which option to go for! I did a new sums and if I went by this year then the quarterly option via DHL next year which cost more! That is including customs.

I don't mind waiting every quarter for the figures (the time flies by any way) but if its going to cost me more even if its by £20-30, then I might just stick to monthly.

Decisions, decisions....
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

- $981.38 per annum

- $1140.80 per annum

- $909.52 per annum

- $890.19 per annum

So going with the option International Express (Quarterly) = $890.19 per annum - that roughly works out at £48 a month!? seems alot? Plus any non sub figures getting released. Am i looking at the math right lol?

The quarterly international express is easily the best option at $58.99 per quarter (and unless the slow shipped parcels avoid customs EVERY month, DHL is the cheaper option.

If we compare the first quarter only:

DHL Quarterly: $58.99 shipping, $28 customs VAT, $7.70 handling fee = $94.69

International Post Quarterly: $70.99 shipping, $28 customs VAT, $12.30 handling fee = $111.29

International Post Monthly: Jan $13.69, Feb $21.69, Mar $21.69 = $57.17 for shipping. This method might avoid customs on some parcels, but if just one gets customs on it, that's an extra $10 for Customs VAT and $12.30 for Royal Mail handling fee. So that included, DHL is only around $15 more expensive. If you get customs twice (say on both Feb and Mar shipments) DHL then becomes cheaper!

At the end of the day that $15 is worth it to get your figures guaranteed to be delivered within 2-3 days. Saving $15 is not worth losing your Two-Bad or Modulok in my opinion. Plus you have a greater chance of getting a replacement if something is wrong with any of your figures. With the cheap shipping you might get the January figure before the quarterly folks, but your Feb figure will likely arrive around the time DHL folks get their whole quarterly shipment, so you will only be ahead of them with the January, April, July and October figures.

To me the only option to go with is the Quarterly International Express (DHL) and it's the one I'm going with for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lee-ra View Post
    So going with the option International Express (Quarterly) = $890.19 per annum - that roughly works out at £48 a month!? seems alot? Plus any non sub figures getting released. Am i looking at the math right lol?
    I work it out at $69.89 per month for Q1 (including customs and fees). That's around £45.50 (but remember that includes shipping for the sub exclusive, the other quarters will have only have 4 items)
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 29, 2013 at 06:05pm.

I ordered with the monthly shipping (like I currently have) but now think the quarterly option might be a better idea. How hard do you think it would be to get Digital River to change my order?