Page 21 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Actually, I think my He-Ro is done for and will never arrive. No single figure has ever taken this long before... the only time it was even close was my two Mer-man figures because they were held up at customs. But obviously a single He-Ro figure shouldn't have any delay.

Unfortunately, though, I believe that Mattel's stance with non-receipt is "tough luck, mate". Which is amazing for such a big company. The only way to get a refund is to reverse the charge and then order under a new account in the future (because they ban you from their order servers).
    And it's the same policy for international returns/replacements, too. They won't do it, so you're stuck with the figure.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    When I first moved to england to find a job in design studio, I worked at Royal Mail for 4 months to pay the bills.

There's a lot of lazy folks working there.

I also work from home, so when I get a "we tried to deliver" card through the door on a regular basis, I find myslef holding to that opinion!
    My local Post office staff also leave a lot to be desired!
    O.k. ... but I don't think it's fair to criticize a whole organisation based on one persons opinion - as you put it, there's apparantly ''lazy'' people working there - my experience with Royal Mail has been a pretty positive one over the years, so I find it a bit tactless to dismiss the whole MOTUC delivery issue as being the result of ''lazy'' workers at Royal Mail ... after all, I'm a strong believer in that if you want something delivering fast or ahead of usual economy/international/standard delivery times - then you should be willing to pay extra for that service - be it action-figures or anything else ... it's just the way it works ... yes, it doesn't always go to plan or arrive when you expected it too - but it's wrong to suggest that delivery services do this on purpose or because they are incompetent ... I'm sure you wouldn't like somebody denouncing your field of work based on a very small example ...

Us U.K. fans should be willing to wait for shipments from Mattel ... even though they seem to be a bit hit-and-miss across the board ... however, in the same breath I fully understand that it must be a little disheartening to have waited for nearly a month for a figure to arrive to find it has bad paint apps or other damages ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; August 28, 2009 at 05:00am.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

My He-ro arrived yesterday, looks great! Hhhmmm i wonder what colour the staff is???

Still time for them to turn up, so watch this space!

Nothing again today, not sure if its time to start being concerned or not. I've never waited this long for a MOTUC figure before.

dont worrie yet mine is not here yet
    New adventure wanted
    quakke / icarius / disk of doom skeletor / kayo / tuskador / artilla / staghornbattle blade skeletor/ thunderpunch he man / to tall hoove/ missle armour flipshot, spin fist hydron, staghorn
    mini boglins, moc Ghostbusters, moc Turtles, Transformers and M.A.S.K wanted

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    O.k. ... but I don't think it's fair to criticize a whole organisation based on one persons opinion - as you put it, there's apparantly ''lazy'' people working there - my experience with Royal Mail has been a pretty positive one over the years, so I find it a bit tactless to dismiss the whole MOTUC delivery issue as being the result of ''lazy'' workers at Royal Mail ... after all, I'm a strong believer in that if you want something delivering fast or ahead of usual economy/international/standard delivery times - then you should be willing to pay extra for that service - be it action-figures or anything else ... it's just the way it works ... yes, it doesn't always go to plan or arrive when you expected it too - but it's wrong to suggest that delivery services do this on purpose or because they are incompetent ... I'm sure you wouldn't like somebody denouncing your field of work based on a very small example ...
    Go find out why they strike then!
    I never said nor suggested the delivery service delay stuff on purpose.
    I just said they are lazy. That's my experience. I was only giving a possible explanation as to delivery irregularity.
    I've worked there, I know what it can be like. Simple as that.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

i now have 3 of my 4. going to try to check out the stone colour today then decide which to open after work!

1 has a green stone. 1 has a red stone. 1 I can't tell at all. Still waiting on the 4th. i'm praying for purple for all 3!!)
    Last edited by Fneh; August 28, 2009 at 01:06pm.
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

I just said they are lazy. That's my experience. I was only giving a possible explanation as to delivery irregularity.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that's fine ... but I found your comments a bit dismissive and a tad arrogant ... I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but it is! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I think he found your comments to be a bit of a blanket statement and a bit of a generalization, as if you were insinuating that ALL members of the Royal Mail are lazy instead of the small minority who are probably the lazy members. In general, Royal Mail provide a good, quick service, its very rare that things get lost or are delayed in my experience. Plus, they arent the only people who strike. Teachers, Doctors, Drivers...alot of people strike and there are lazy people in every profession.

Fair enough!
    But I would again say to check out the reasons for some of their strikes and then ask yourself if you still I'm wrong calling them lazy.
    www.eamonart.com

He-Ro arrived today - at last! Purple stone.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that's fine ... but I found your comments a bit dismissive and a tad arrogant ... I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but it is! ...
    I don't really want to get caught up in this, but I think Eamon was a little sweeping too.
    Royal Mail is a very large organisation, and one that varies from area to area. It seems a little unfair to sum up the whole organisation. I have to say, local to me, my Royal Mail is generally very good (hoping not to jinx myself).
    Personally I believe that Matty's irregular dispatching is as much at fault as Royal Mail.

Anyway... to those that haven't received their He-Ros as of yet, I'd say hang in there a couple more days. On past occasions, the 15th has nearly come around again by the time my figure arrived.
    Many people (myself included) seemed to have a fluke where Man-At-Arms arrived unexpectedly early; maybe we shouldn't use him as a guide for typical delivery times.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Alright, friends... let's keep this on topic.
    If we want to debate the motivation levels of the Royal Mail employees,
    take it to PM or the Other forum.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Hi there,

i have a question to you from U.K.

I think there are some differents in shipping between the United Kingdom and the rest of europe. I wanna know how long you guys wait for your figs using the cheap shipping.

Whatīs the average waiting time ?

Did you guys almost wait for close 3 weeks ?

Some of you ever waited for 6-7 weeks ?

Did your parcels take a route over New Zealand ?

Someone miss a fig ?

I got my figs almost in 3 weeks ( to Germany ), but starting with Hordak ( 4 and a half ) itīs going worst. Coming Monday, iīm waiting since 7 weeks on MAA. Thatīs the most waiting time i ever heard from people in my country. From that point, they are almost lost. No help from the german postoffice, still waiting for the answer from german custom.

Thanks to everyone for information

I typically wait 3-4 weeks after ordering.

All of mine thus far have come through Germany.

I've never had to wait more than a month at most, normally quite less.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, lots of peoples Man-At-Arms arrived unexpectedly early - I didn't keep tabs, but I think it was barely three weeks.

I've been very lucky and haven't lost a single figure as yet, although I think there are some on this that never received their Hordak, etc.

Hope this helps.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Mine usually take between 2-4 weeks to arrive. No problems so far with figures being lost in the post or anything (touch wood).

I was hoping we might get Triklops a bit early like MAA but it's probably not gonna happen.
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    1 of my He-Ro's arrived!

He is very handsome figure! Reminds of Tom Welling from Smallville. The overall figure is great - I got the purple stone.

Quality issues - Elbow joints loose for some reason

Minus points - Cape is way too thick and hard, No muscle shading.

Overall great figure though - My new favourite....until the next one comes out.

Got my first He-ro figure on Monday, my second today - third tomorrow? I'm hoping

I am not from the UK but I have an idea...since most of the experiences that you people describe in this topic seem to be identical to those experienced by others living in the old continent (parcels going through Germany first, parcels arriving after about a month, MAA arriving unexpectedly early etc.) what about changing the topic title to "Any European collectors receive their MOTU figs yet" so that all the others from Germany, Finalnd, Spain etc. can share their experiences too? It would be pointless to open dozens of other similar threads since the fate of all our MOTUC seem to be the same. Do you think it's a good idea? Well, if not just forget it, of course.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

I know what you're saying, Arthur... but we have no knowledge of how the postal systems work throughout Europe. Whereas, the UK postal system is pretty straight-forward due to the country being so small.

Thus, when one of us gets our figure(s), the rest of us know that ours should be arriving at a very similar time (depending on when it was shipped, of course). When most of us say "not here yet", it reassures the rest of us that ours hasn't necessarily been lost.

If this thread becomes a European catch-all, then it won't be useful any more in that regard. It will simply become a forum for complaints. Perhaps someone could start up a separate European thread that is not just about whether we have received our figures yet or not? But more about the general European shipping experience, instead.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Thus, when one of us gets our figure(s), the rest of us know that ours should be arriving at a very similar time (depending on when it was shipped, of course). When most of us say "not here yet", it reassures the rest of us that ours hasn't necessarily been lost.
    That's exactly what I was saying because when people post here that their figure arrived mine usually arrives the day after. Seems they arrive exactly at the same time across Europe and yes, if not for this thread I would have panicked quite a few times.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Glad more people seem to be getting their He-Ros today, seems they just got help up in the post (lets not start on the Royal Mail debate again! )

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    1 of my He-Ro's arrived!

He is very handsome figure! Reminds of Tom Welling from Smallville. The overall figure is great - I got the purple stone.

Quality issues - Elbow joints loose for some reason

Minus points - Cape is way too thick and hard, No muscle shading.

Overall great figure though - My new favourite....until the next one comes out.
    Yes, he does have a slightly Tom Welling look. The one I opened to display has a purple stone as well.
    And he has a loose left arm too - when he holds his staff, its hard to get it to stay up; maybe this was a production problem if you have the some problem?
    I have to say though... everyone is on about muscle shading, but I've never noticed it on my figures in the first place. I have Mer Man on my left computer speaker in front of me, and Man-At-Arms on the right, and I don't see any such shading - am I missing something?

Arthur - I understand your point, but as said, the postage service varies in each country. If you feel the need, why not start your own thread for your own particular country?
    ~jay firestorm~

Right. Now I'm furious with Mattel.

They did to me what they did to that other guy on here. Labelled my single figure with a value of $40. Which is why it was held up as if it was two figures - customs had it. And now I'm supposed to pay a near 12-pound charge for an item that only costs about 13 pounds to begin with? Because Digital River screwed up?

Of course, the Post Office won't believe me, so I won't even try. Any advice, people?

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

My He-Ro came today, $20 value so no fee's. Mint condition, mailer was in mint condition too, they are packing them better for sure. From looking at him in the box, his paint work is fine, no sloppy paintwork or marks.
    Last edited by MastersOfTheUK; September 1, 2009 at 08:01am.