Page 67 of 231 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5754

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by little noise View Post
    i paid £40.00 for battle cat and a further £12.00 for fully insured trackable postage from the states....eamons pic sold it for me and just couldnt resist..lol
    So now only another £16 tax and his finally yours ;-) lol

Just had my bill through - £11.33, which I assume means they managed to mark the label with the correct amount. Still very annoying for something that only just comes above the customs limit, but could have been far worse.

Now the long walk to go pick it up...

Received a card yesterday for £11.33....just went to the post office handed the guy the card he was bit busy with other stuff, he handed me the box and didnt ask for the payment...i stood there looking at him... he stood there looking at me thinking like "ye!?" so i just said thank you and walked off....LoL! may Buddha bless the the post office and all it's lazy ass employees!

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    So now only another £16 tax and his finally yours ;-) lol
    hopefully i dont get hammered with the customs charge as i have asked for the parcel to be marked lower value and a gift etc...but you never know...lol

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little noise View Post
    hopefully i dont get hammered with the customs charge as i have asked for the parcel to be marked lower value and a gift etc...but you never know...lol
    Good luck with that; I've heard that due to whatever red tape, they're not allowed to mark it as a gift (though may be wrong).
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Got the Grayskull Stands and reissue Man-At-Arms today. They actually arrived on Saturday but I had to wait until I could afford to pay the £11.33 fee.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Got the Grayskull Stands and reissue Man-At-Arms today. They actually arrived on Saturday but I had to wait until I could afford to pay the £11.33 fee.
    Blimey, people seem to be forking out tons on customs.
    Seriously guys, I'm convinced that it's easier to order items seperately. It works out cheaper in the long run - and you don't have to wait so long as it gets held up by customs.

~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Normally i'd agree with you, but this is the first time in ages that i've had to pay a fee on a group of items.

I had Adora, Beast Man, and x3 Battle Armour He-Man's shipped together back in January and no customs charge. It seems like it really is just luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Normally i'd agree with you, but this is the first time in ages that i've had to pay a fee on a group of items.

I had Adora, Beast Man, and x3 Battle Armour He-Man's shipped together back in January and no customs charge. It seems like it really is just luck of the draw.
    Same story with my Battle Cat this month. I also got away with multiple He-Mans and Beast Mans when the line began.
    However, after I got stung on Stratos (which, IIRC, started this whole thread ), it just didn't seem worth the pot luck to having to sometimes fork out almost as much as the figure cost in the first place.
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    I've ended up paying £26 total in customs charges for 5 sets of stands and Battle Cat. Arrived yesterday. Don't know if that's a high negative record or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    I've ended up paying £26 total in customs charges for 5 sets of stands and Battle Cat. Arrived yesterday. Don't know if that's a high negative record or not.
    What value did the numbskulls put on the box?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    £60 or $60, I think. It is a little bit irritating and a burden on the purse strings, but I just find it best not to worry about it, to be honest. I like the figures, it's fun setting them up for display. The financial aspect is always secondary, if that, to me.

Evil Master of D&B
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    As I've said several times previously in this thread, I'm seriously considering going the ebay route with future "big" characters/beasts (i.e. Tytus). It's quicker to receive them, and I just dodged customs this time by sheer fluke.
    Question is, what will we do next year if subscriptions are 'all in' only?

Quote Originally Posted by switcha View Post
    Question is, what will we do next year if subscriptions are 'all in' only?
    Guess we're either going to end up paying customs fees 8 out of the 12 months (4 months with monthly + quarterly figures shipped together, and 4 months with beasts), or we don't subscribe and have to go on Matty/ebay every month and not have the sub exclusive figure.

edit: actually, that'll probably be 9/12 months. No doubt the sub exclusive month is going to result in fees too.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; March 23, 2010 at 02:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    £60 or $60, I think. It is a little bit irritating and a burden on the purse strings, but I just find it best not to worry about it, to be honest. I like the figures, it's fun setting them up for display. The financial aspect is always secondary, if that, to me.
    With I was in your boots Having to really juggle finances at the minute,

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Guess we're either going to end up paying customs fees 8 out of the 12 months (4 months with monthly + quarterly figures shipped together, and 4 months with beasts), or we don't subscribe and have to go on Matty/ebay every month and not have the sub exclusive figure.

edit: actually, that'll probably be 9/12 months. No doubt the sub exclusive month is going to result in fees too.
    I know, I've had the same worry. As it is, I'm preying that Wun-Dar isn't packed in with the regular figure this year, as that again will take us into customs fees territory.
    ~jay firestorm~

Blimey, people seem to be forking out tons on customs.
    Seriously guys, I'm convinced that it's easier to order items seperately. It works out cheaper in the long run - and you don't have to wait so long as it gets held up by customs.

I always order figures separately - when you check it you will see that on 4 figures the difference I'm paying is like $8 so it's not a lot when you consider how much you would pay in customs if the package's value was '"noticed" by HM. Also, if things go wrong you can loose 4 figures in one go and hardly ever all 4 boxes would get lost. As for the time you loose - 1st BC was without any customs and came on Tuesday while the "customs" one came on Friday so not much of a problem there ;-) Unfortunatelly whether we like it or not, we cannot avoid the possibility of being stung by customs in such cases - with BC and other large figures their value will always be over the allowed limit, so not much of a choice here..

As it is, I'm preying that Wun-Dar isn't packed in with the regular figure this year, as that again will take us into customs fees territory.
    I think he definitely will be in the same package (it'll mean cheaper shipping for DR). The question is whether he'll have a value of $0 or $20 on the invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Unfortunatelly whether we like it or not, we cannot avoid the possibility of being stung by customs in such cases - with BC and other large figures their value will always be over the allowed limit, so not much of a choice here..
    That's very true. Fo me, I just went along the lines that the more Battle Cats, the bigger the box (and just a single mailed Battle Cat box was large as it was), and the more attention it would gain in the customs department and more likely to be picked. I dunno, just the weird way my brain works!
    This time round, I was extremely lucky, and for my two separate Battle Cats, didn't get stung with customs once. That's probably my luck over for the decade.
    ~jay firestorm~

My second Battlecat came today with a customs charge of over £13. Annoying as I didn't even want a second one only ordered it by accident. Got my first Battlecat last week with no custom charge. The value of the item on the second BC box I got was $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    My second Battlecat came today with a customs charge of over £13. Annoying as I didn't even want a second one only ordered it by accident. Got my first Battlecat last week with no custom charge. The value of the item on the second BC box I got was $50.
    Well, there are several people on this thread asking if anyone has a Battle Cat going spare... maybe you could strike a deal
    ~jay firestorm~

Court Magician
    Had to pay £16.90 customs charge today on a Battle Cat and a set of Stands worth $42 which were wrongly declared at $80. That's me done with the big figures and possibly the 2011 sub, if DR can't declare the correct value on the larger figures then I'll skip them.

I put my seconde Battlecat on ebay yesterday. Had to put it at £45 which may seem like me being greedy but that only just covers what I had to pay to get it! I was tempted to not pay the custom charge and let them send it back to matty but im not sure what it would be like trying to get a refund for a returned item off matty considering the problems other have reported with them. Has anyone returned an item successfully with no problems and got a refund before?

My Battel Cat still hasen't turned up yet, I'm kinda starting to get a little worried!
    Last edited by Angel-T; March 29, 2010 at 10:21am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    My Battel Cat still hasen't turned up yet, I kinda starting to get aittle worried!
    Things can take ages to get through customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I put my seconde Battlecat on ebay yesterday. Had to put it at £45 which may seem like me being greedy but that only just covers what I had to pay to get it! I was tempted to not pay the custom charge and let them send it back to matty but im not sure what it would be like trying to get a refund for a returned item off matty considering the problems other have reported with them. Has anyone returned an item successfully with no problems and got a refund before?
    I've heard that returning a figure (due to wrong / missing parts, damage, etc.) is nigh on impossible. Might have improved in recent months, but this was certainly the case early in the line's life. Once again, us overseas collectors have very little comeback if we have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Things can take ages to get through customs.
    They can indeed. The only time I tried to order multiple figures in one order (Stratos, as detailed at the start of this thread), I had to wait about three weeks for them to get through customs. In the meantime, I'd become convinced they'd been lost in post and bought two more on e-bay!

Another reason I personally don't see the point in chancing multiple items in one order - not only do you often get whacked with a heavy customs charge, but when you do, they take ages to even get through customs.
    ~jay firestorm~