Page 69 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5853

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    If this is what Moss Man smells like, I shudder to think what odour Stinkor will have!!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I was not bothered about Moas man having a smell but im glad he does now as I really like it. He makes a good air freshener lol. If you like pine anyway.
    I dont see why they couldn't have put more flocking around the joints though, looks a little odd to me having those bare spots and seems enough room for them to have added more and not have effected the articulation.
    I like how his club can clip on his belt too.
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 10, 2010 at 05:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I was not bothered about Moas man having a smell but im glad he does now as I really like it. He makes a good air freshener lol. If you like pine anyway.
    I dont see why they couldn't have put more flocking around the joints though, looks a little odd to me having those bare spots and seems enough room for them to have added more and not have effected the articulation.
    I like how his club can clip on his belt too.
    I wouldn't mind as long as he DID smell of pine!

Regarding the flocking, that was the problem all along - any more and the joints were seizing. Hence the whole asking fans if they'd go for an unflocked Moss Man instead.
    Personally, the non-flocked areas are nowhere as severe as I had imagined.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Mine smells pretty much like Pine. On mine their seems to be quite a gap between his shoulder hole and his shoulder, enough for flocking to not get in the way of the articulation thats why I thought they could have added more.

I just checked mine to get an idea of what you mean.

On the one I have open, there is a patch on the shoulder joint where it is not flocking, but I think if it was flocked, it would severely limit articulation (if you should want to pose him with his arms reached upwards )
    Maybe they vary, but mine only has the actual shoulder joint and very immediate surrounding area unflocked.
    ~jay firestorm~

Both my Moss man and reissue Stratos turned up yesterday. Really liking Stratos actually. Oh dear though, Moss man stinks!! The poor fuzzy fella is going to have to stay boxed up and on top of the wardrobe, no way I can display him with the others and stink the place up, what a shame.

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Both my Moss man and reissue Stratos turned up yesterday. Really liking Stratos actually. Oh dear though, Moss man stinks!! The poor fuzzy fella is going to have to stay boxed up and on top of the wardrobe, no way I can display him with the others and stink the place up, what a shame.
    I've found that if you give him a chanve to air for a couple of days, he only smells if you get really close.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    It's weird, cos my 2x Stratos (I got the original release) are probably my least favourite of the releases so far. I want to like him - I love all pre-Filmation characters, and he should be cool - but somehow he isn't. I think the drab grey colour doesn't help; I'd have much prefered him in the silvery-blue kind of grey used in some other media.

Also, I notice that Moss Man doesn't have "breathing holes" on his plastic bubble. I'm wondering if this has caused a sort of "build up of smell"; he may indeed smell better once opened for a couple of days.
    ~jay firestorm~

I was not looking forward to Stratos, Mossman or Zodac as I never reallly liked their previous toy incarnations but in the end that is what made me really like the Classics versions once I had them.
    Moss-mans smell seems to be fading already and I have only had him 24 hours so anyone who does not like the small just needs to put up with it for a few days and it will be alot more bearable. Maybe put him out in the shed or garage for a few days lol.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Just got back from a weekend with my brother in Glasgow and guess who was waiting for me on the doorway. The Nature God himself, Moss Man. Tremendous! Not opened him yet so am looking forward to experiencing the extreme smell!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

I wonder if they deliberately released him around the start of spring? Seems appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I wonder if they deliberately released him around the start of spring? Seems appropriate.
    Well, Scare Glow was originally planned for Halloween (but pushed back due to production needs), so you may be right!
    ~jay firestorm~

Stratos and Moss Man turned up today, separate orders. Really impressed with both figures - I've had to stick Moss Man in a clear zip lock sandwich bag for the time being as he does honk a bit!

My first Moss Man come today, not had a wiff of him yet, will have to have a sniff later.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Must have been lucky - my Mossy has a relatively low level of odour.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Must have been lucky - my Mossy has a relatively low level of odour.
    Same here, he does not smell strong at all.

Wanted:

Got mine and he smells something fierce!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Wonder of wonders mine just turned up, and I must have gotten the "mild-cheddar" version as the honk is barely detectable. Perhaps that's what you get when your ears are un-flocked.....it's easier to wash behind them.

Trap-jaw MIA and RIP.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine just arrived and had a strong scent as soon as i opened up the mailer box , then i went to smell through the air holes and see there are none as i guess thats jusr for painted figures

Quote Originally Posted by lee gray View Post
    Mine just arrived and had a strong scent as soon as i opened up the mailer box , then i went to smell through the air holes and see there are none as i guess thats jusr for painted figures
    Yeah I noticed the lack of air holes as well.

Wanted:

Nothing for me yet...crap.

here's a wee pic of my battlecat...so chuffed...it looked awesome in pics but its even better in real life..lol

next thing now is trying to get a hold of a mossman (anyone have any spare..?)

anyone in the north-east still waiting for MM? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Got my Mossman on Saturday, smells really strong so leaving him to air out. Swapped the heads as I really like the updated one. Didn't realise you could attach his club to his belt.

Still haven't opened up Battlecat yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    anyone in the north-east still waiting for MM? ...
    I've had one the other day, still on waiting the second one.

Wanted: