Page 7 of 226 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Zodak was on the doorstep as I went out this morning.

For the price he cost, I'd have hoped a little more care would have gone into painting that belt. It's terrible!
    My two have pretty good belts, maybe you got unlucky.

I have to say, so far I've been really lucky with paint jobs. Touch wood.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Court Magician
    Nothing for me yet, but then again he didnt ship untill the 21st, hopefully he will show up by the end of the week.

I got mine yesterday. I'm not so bothered by the paint - it looks fine to me, although I'm not too finicky about these kinds of things. What did make me laugh, though, is how off-center his loin cloth is. Is everybody else's like that? Or does it vary from figure to figure?

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Mine is slightly off, although I didn't notice it until you pointed it out.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

My Zodac finally arrived yesterday.

His armours not attached at the back, and it's proving to be a struggle to put in!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Got mine a couple of days ago and everything if fine with him. Belt paint job is pretty much perfect.
    I dont want to jinx myself but I have not had any problems at all with these figuresw so far and I have all of them except Stratos. No damaged boxes, paint problems, broken etc. So many people seem to be having problems with damaged boxes etc just wanted to show they are not all like that (touch wood)

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    My Zodac finally arrived yesterday.

His armours not attached at the back, and it's proving to be a struggle to put in!
    After removing my own figure's armor, I also struggled to get the little blocks back into the holes (and keep them there). I assume that is what you are talking about. The best way that I found was to rotate the armor slightly until I could perfectly line the block up with the hole - then push it in hard.

It seems that the reason this is so difficult is that the little block comes in naturally on an angle, because of the way the strap wraps around the figure, and that block then doesn't fit into the hole properly. So it will keep coming out unless you first jig it around to make it perfectly line up before you push it in.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

I have yet to receive my Zodaks. going by previous history i don't expect him to arrive for maybe another week. *grumble*

Still not got Zodak yet. It's never taken this long and it's the first time the next figure will be on sale before a package arrives. For an air mail service, it's not very good is it?

Still not got Zodak yet either, but mine have taken up to 35 days in the past.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Still not got Zodak yet. It's never taken this long and it's the first time the next figure will be on sale before a package arrives. For an air mail service, it's not very good is it?
    Who said anything about air mail?

Mail on the Move use all sorts of methods - including shipping to other countries first - to get the job done for as cheaply as possible. Mattycollector.com only offers you International Mail or UPS Mail. Nowhere does it promise air mail.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

I think that really, in this day and age, air should be the way it's done and if it's not then they should maybe offer you the opportunity to pay for guaranteed airmail but at a cheaper rate than UPS which USPS certainly offers. The fact that many in the UK already have Zodak proves it is airmail anyway, as if they were using surface shipping, nobody would have him yet.

Looks like my Zodaks came today but didn't have time to pick them up today, will do tomorrow. £11.83 customs charge.

Wanted:

I think that really, in this day and age, air should be the way it's done and if it's not then they should maybe offer you the opportunity to pay for guaranteed airmail but at a cheaper rate than UPS which USPS certainly offers. The fact that many in the UK already have Zodak proves it is airmail anyway, as if they were using surface shipping, nobody would have him yet.
    It would be nice... but unfortunately it isn't possible any more since the US government made changes to their postal service.

If Matty wanted to ship these via air mail, it would now cost around $40 per item. USPS is not cheaper than UPS. Not any more!
    This "day and age" only means that getting it for $10 is possible, not that we should get any better service (considering what just happened with the postal charges from the USA). In fact, Mail on the Move takes about 16-23 days... none of us get our figures in the 7-10 days that it takes for air mail, and this isn't the same thing. Not in the way you're assuming, anyway. Most of the time they fly it over to Germany and then ground transport it from there to the UK.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

16-23 days isn't that bad a wait if you ask me. Sure I'd like the figures sooner but 6 or 7 quid is pretty good!

Like Merman, I am getting a Hordak from another board member. Last time Merman was here in 4 or 5 days for the same $9.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I don't have my Zodac yet - perhaps Scotland is way down the list!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    16-23 days isn't that bad a wait if you ask me. Sure I'd like the figures sooner but 6 or 7 quid is pretty good!

Like Merman, I am getting a Hordak from another board member. Last time Merman was here in 4 or 5 days for the same $9.
    This doesn't tally with the whole postage for a figure is around $40 though.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Looks like my Zodaks came today but didn't have time to pick them up today, will do tomorrow. £11.83 customs charge.
    Same here, just got in and found the letter. Will have to get them tomorrow.

This doesn't tally with the whole postage for a figure is around $40 though.
    Sorry I don't follow?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

My figures were a little beat up again this month but not as bad as last month, bring on the protective slip cases.
    I don't know why because I knew he didn't come with it but as soon as I looked at one of my Zodaks in hand I was a little disappointed he didn't come with the 200x staff.

Wanted:

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    As this seems to be the UK collectors threads now, I was wondering if anyone was travelling over the pond to SDCC and willing to secure some He-Ro's for fellow .org'ers? I think most of us would be prepaired to pay a bit extra to offset their travel expensives, so everyone wins.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

Sorry I don't follow?
    I think he's asking how you can get the figure from a fellow collector in the USA to the UK for such cheap postage, considering the USPS price hikes.

Which I'd also like to know.

By the way, it seems that it might not be quite $40 for these smaller figures. That was based on a Grayskull, so it might be a bit less. Obviously, they aren't that much smaller, though, so it's still an insane cost.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

It's coming...

Sorry I don't follow?
    I meant, how could postage costing $9 get a figure to the UK in 5 days if Matty's shipping takes so long? I'm guessing the figure was sent USPS for that price and this perhaps shows up what a huge difference it makes getting something sent by a friend and not an ebay merchant.

No sign of my Zodaks yet either, will be giving it untill monday before I start the whole dreaded phone matty business. Hopefully they will turn up soon.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I haven't ordered any MOTUC figures yet but am thinking of doing so soon... just wondering how much these are generally costing per figure taking into account postage and customs charges? Seems to be quite steep from what I gather.