Page 96 of 232 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5786

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Yeah, I got my shipping confirmation for this month's sub figure (first of 2011) this morning.
    Got mine this morning as well.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Got mine this morning as well.
    have you been charged yet mate? ...

EDIT: sorry - i just realised we've already paid for these when we signed up for the sub! ... my bad ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 15, 2011 at 10:54am.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Got my shipping notice for Vikor today.
    Looks cool, can't wait.
    Last edited by Woodland Warrior; January 15, 2011 at 10:51am. Reason: spelling
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got mine too

Panic over - got my shipping confirmation on Sat.... phew.

My last 3 outstanding Buzz-Offses arrived.
    All sealed up for 2010, just 2011 to worry about now!

With all the hassle we have over customs fee's with MOTUC and what did I go and do the other day, order two $20 CD's off a musicians website can't believe I didn't remember to order them separately, will probable get stung of around £8 customs now
    Well I got these CD's delivered last week with no customs fee's which I was pretty happy about. But today I got a invoice in the post from FedEx asking for £15.20 customs fee!!!
    How can they bill me after delivery? Anybody know where I stand with this, can I refuse to pay or will they eventually pass it on to a debit collector and it end up costing me even more? Is it to late to refuse delivery, (i.e. put them back in the envelope and give them it back) then I can just order them again separately?

Thanks in advance for any help, I know it's a little off topic.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I missed out on buying Vikor!
    I got my sub one on the way but really wanted one MIB!

If anybody has a spare MIB Vikor, please let me know!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I missed out on buying Vikor!
    I got my sub one on the way but really wanted one MIB!

If anybody has a spare MIB Vikor, please let me know!
    he sold out pretty darn fast to be fair! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Warrior
    Well I got these CD's delivered last week with no customs fee's which I was pretty happy about. But today I got a invoice in the post from FedEx asking for £15.20 customs fee!!!
    How can they bill me after delivery? Anybody know where I stand with this, can I refuse to pay or will they eventually pass it on to a debit collector and it end up costing me even more? Is it to late to refuse delivery, (i.e. put them back in the envelope and give them it back) then I can just order them again separately?

This happens when I orded stuff from Sideshow, they ship it via Fedex then you get a bill soon after from Fedex for the charges, £15 odd is bloody steep though, I paid just under £19 for Comiquette which was around $200 or so. Mind you they go through on a different rate apparently.

Anyways, back to the Matty shenanigans, was annoyed to see Vikor gone so picked up a spare Goddess and 3 of the guard packs, hoping I get the mythical white sack of Eternia that sails magically through customs with nary a glance given to it.

Hey guys - just been browsing the various forums and over at Mattycollector one of the mods said there was an issue/error with the shipping costs being charged when people ordered the guards and stands.

I just wanted to check with everyone - I ordered:

1 x Guards $40
    3 x Stands $36

Shipping $22.10 for the standard international shipping - does this sound about right?

Hopefully I get the white mailer bag to sneak past customs.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Hopefully I get the white mailer bag to sneak past customs.
    This is what I live in hope of!

I ordered 3 Palace Guards and 1 Venkman total = $140 with an addtional $22.10 for shipping.

I had to order stands separately because of the silly situation with the site not processing them earlier, and the shipping on those was higher than the Guards and Venkman ($36!!). It's something I didn't really twig at the time and i'm now taking it up with Matty (smashing my head against a brick wall is more like it).

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    This is what I live in hope of!

I ordered 3 Palace Guards and 1 Venkman total = $140 with an addtional $22.10 for shipping.

I had to order stands separately because of the silly situation with the site not processing them earlier, and the shipping on those was higher than the Guards and Venkman ($36!!). It's something I didn't really twig at the time and i'm now taking it up with Matty (smashing my head against a brick wall is more like it).
    Thanks for the reply - shipping sounds about right then.

I've got a feeling it's going to be an expensive year!

Got my shipping confirmation on Sat as well plus bought 1set of guards ;-) All in all good day ;-)

Btw, in case you missed it Vickor is coming back with a second batch ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Many people seem to be getting a refund on shipping due to having to order the stands after their first order had them removed. I've e-mail customer service as well, so fingers crossed.
    Also that type the word thing at the end... pain in the a***! As my vision has been pretty bad of late & especially bad today as both eyes were zapped with an argon laser yesterday - total nightmare.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

But today I got a invoice in the post from FedEx asking for £15.20 customs fee!!!
    I always try to avoid ordering something that the seller ships using FedEx and UPS as you can get burned on taxes with those! £15.20 does seem high for a £30ish purchase.... weren't there any mention of the fees on the package? If there wasn't, it's a bit underhanded to later slap with a random money request!

I'd ring them and see where you stand if you send the items 'Return to Sender' £15 is a lot to pay, as I bet sending them seperate would have only cost £3-£4 more.....

So, how many Royal Guard packs did folks buy? I got two myself!

Delighted to see that there was a reason for Vikor's quick sell out.
    www.eamonart.com

Do you UK folks get stuff late over the festive period? Im still waiting for my KG, Weapons pack and Buzz-Off.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Delighted to see that there was a reason for Vikor's quick sell out.
    Just one set for me Eamon - I did toy with a second but as it was an expensive month I held off. I figured I could always add more to the ranks further down the line.

I can tell you exactly where you stand here, and several possible outcomes.

When this first happened to me with Sideshow stuff, FedEx left a "missed you" note so I called to arrange going to pick up the package. At the same time, I asked the manager about customs charges. She laughed before commenting, and her exact words to me were "no, we don't collect money - we're just a delivery company, so there are no charges for you to pay".

Based on that fact, I picked up the package and placed other orders with Sideshow in disbelief that there was an apparent loophole in customs charges.

A week later, I got the same type of bill through the mail that you mentioned yourself. It included a ten quid surcharge for FedEx fronting the customs fee, so I thought, stuff that - she assured me there were no charges yet they now have the cheek to ask for ten quid extra! So I ignored the letter.

Some time later they sent another bill, with extra charges on it for late payments. Of course I ignored that as well. Then they sent a letter saying it had gone to a debt collector. Then I got one from said debt collector asking for the money. Both of those met no reply from myself. Finally, the debt collector sent a different letter offering to settle for 50% of the (current) total owed!

Now that was tempting, as overall it would mean slightly less money paid out than the customs bill itself (i.e. minus their preposterous ten quid surcharge). But by this point I was sick of it and didn't get around to paying. I still might... one day.

Meanwhile, other Sideshow packages arrived - without charges at the time, but the same bill after the event and ultimately followed by the same debt collection process. But it never goes any further than that described.

So your options are:

1. Pay the bill, but feel ripped off,
    2. Wait for a few letters, before paying a (significantly cheaper) settlement,
    3. Ignore everything and never pay.
    4. Take the package back to FedEx, unopened (or resealed), and say you refuse delivery.

Options 2 and 3 will no doubt affect your credit rating, so that's a matter of personal circumstance and choice. It seems there are no conditions that will stop FedEx delivering packages to you, though, as their billing department is completely separate. And of course, the shipper is their actual customer anyway. We're just the poor sops who are supposed to clean up their mess. Option 4 is untested, but I assume they will have to return it by law and you will then have to fight their billing department about it later.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Do you UK folks get stuff late over the festive period? Im still waiting for my KG, Weapons pack and Buzz-Off.
    Your Weapons Pack is well lost, mate. I have a real horror story about my own that is way too long to describe in full. But basically someone at the post office opened it to check if it was worth stealing, then tossed it into the "lost packages" pile. It was only "recovered" after 6 weeks, because my parents had other complaints about their postman and had a full investigation launched into the situation. The outer box was completely open, and the pack itself had been ripped open but then stuffed back into the white mailer. Unbelievable really. I guess it's a good thing that it wasn't a figure that looked more valuable.

But the good news is that international policy has changed since the dark days when we were all told "tough cookie" when packages were lost via the cheap shipping method. Now, you can complain through the support form on mattycollector.com after 30 days and they will do a (fairly quick and obviously pretend) investigation before sending you a replacement. But you'd best do it soon before they run out or decide to sell the remaining stock!
    Last edited by SirBushnell; January 19, 2011 at 08:31am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

I got two sets of guards, one to have with their human heads and one to use my spare MAA head on as another random guard. Not sure what to do with the left over guard though. Dont like the beast heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I got two sets of guards, one to have with their human heads and one to use my spare MAA head on as another random guard. Not sure what to do with the left over guard though. Dont like the beast heads.
    Put your extra Prince Adam head on him. Adam in training kinda deal!
    www.eamonart.com

I was thinking of using Bows extra head and try to get a beast guards helmt off to put on it. Adams extra head is waiting for a Horde Trooper body lol. Though im not really a fan of having more than one version of a character in my display together.
    Last edited by Rodster6; January 19, 2011 at 05:05pm.

i decided against buying them on the day ... i just didn't feel the connection or get that buzz with them ...

i'm figuring that when we eventually get a queen marlena, then man-at-arms is going to be her sole protector! ...

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Just got my Palace Guards and Venkman (and separate stands grrrrr) shipping notices. So excited!!!