Page 97 of 232 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5786

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Just got my Palace Guards and Venkman (and separate stands grrrrr) shipping notices. So excited!!!
    Got my shipping notice too. No mention of the refunded postage though.
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    I can tell you exactly where you stand here, and several possible outcomes.

When this first happened to me with Sideshow stuff, FedEx left a "missed you" note so I called to arrange going to pick up the package. At the same time, I asked the manager about customs charges. She laughed before commenting, and her exact words to me were "no, we don't collect money - we're just a delivery company, so there are no charges for you to pay".

Based on that fact, I picked up the package and placed other orders with Sideshow in disbelief that there was an apparent loophole in customs charges.

A week later, I got the same type of bill through the mail that you mentioned yourself. It included a ten quid surcharge for FedEx fronting the customs fee, so I thought, stuff that - she assured me there were no charges yet they now have the cheek to ask for ten quid extra! So I ignored the letter.

Some time later they sent another bill, with extra charges on it for late payments. Of course I ignored that as well. Then they sent a letter saying it had gone to a debt collector. Then I got one from said debt collector asking for the money. Both of those met no reply from myself. Finally, the debt collector sent a different letter offering to settle for 50% of the (current) total owed!

Now that was tempting, as overall it would mean slightly less money paid out than the customs bill itself (i.e. minus their preposterous ten quid surcharge). But by this point I was sick of it and didn't get around to paying. I still might... one day.

Meanwhile, other Sideshow packages arrived - without charges at the time, but the same bill after the event and ultimately followed by the same debt collection process. But it never goes any further than that described.

So your options are:

1. Pay the bill, but feel ripped off,
    2. Wait for a few letters, before paying a (significantly cheaper) settlement,
    3. Ignore everything and never pay.
    4. Take the package back to FedEx, unopened (or resealed), and say you refuse delivery.

Options 2 and 3 will no doubt affect your credit rating, so that's a matter of personal circumstance and choice. It seems there are no conditions that will stop FedEx delivering packages to you, though, as their billing department is completely separate. And of course, the shipper is their actual customer anyway. We're just the poor sops who are supposed to clean up their mess. Option 4 is untested, but I assume they will have to return it by law and you will then have to fight their billing department about it later.

Thanks for your advise mate. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I would take the hit with the customs free, it just the FedEx £10 admin fee I'm ****** about. How can they just charge you for some thing you asked or agreed for them to do? Can I just send them an invoice for processing their payment?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thanks for your advise mate. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I would take the hit with the customs free, it just the FedEx £10 admin fee I'm ****** about. How can they just charge you for some thing you asked or agreed for them to do? Can I just send them an invoice for processing their payment?
    Technically, you can do what you like if you feel they owe you money for agreed services. I say do it if you have the balls. Hehe.

But I'm totally with you on the admin fee - that was my gripe all along, too. She says no charges at all on the phone, then I get hit with an additional charge for their "services". Obviously the import taxes themselves aren't their problem, so I would have paid those. When they start adding their own little surcharges without telling me, though... I have a problem with that.

SirBushnell SPEAKS!

Get ready for a future with a magical blend of science fiction and fantasy. A brand new legend. A whole new war.
    It's coming...

Quote Originally Posted by SirBushnell View Post
    Obviously the import taxes themselves aren't their problem, so I would have paid those. When they start adding their own little surcharges without telling me, though... I have a problem with that.
    I think we all feel this way about customs charges. I got my sweeeeet Serenity Architectural Cutaway Set yesterday , having to pay £13.18 release fee at the post office, £8 of which is their service fee. What service? I had to walk down and collect it. They never attempt to deliver, only pop the ransom note through the door.
    With this year's sub we are all boned. We are liable for that charge 8 times, that's £64 for nothing. As said earlier, I'm sure most of us have no problem paying the actual tax, but the rest is gonna hurt.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats-the-Trash View Post
    I think we all feel this way about customs charges. I got my sweeeeet Serenity Architectural Cutaway Set yesterday , having to pay £13.18 release fee at the post office, £8 of which is their service fee. What service? I had to walk down and collect it. They never attempt to deliver, only pop the ransom note through the door.
    With this year's sub we are all boned. We are liable for that charge 8 times, that's £64 for nothing. As said earlier, I'm sure most of us have no problem paying the actual tax, but the rest is gonna hurt.
    Hello all, i've been reading the customs posts... and theres something i don't really understand...

I seem to get a charge for one item and not another... even though the item i don't get a charge for blatantly has a big customs sticker with a charge on it. It appeared to be quite random, until i realised I almost appear to be 'allowed' 1 shipment per month to a single address. Any more and I get charged.

I have my Club figures delivered to my nan's address, and the extras delivered to my address, and i very rareley get charged customs. However, if I have 2 extra orders both delivered to my address or i get the extras delivered to my nans, i always get stung for a charge on one of them.

I always go for the cheapest international shipping option and royal mail deliver to me. I figure if i went for the more expensive shipping option (with tracking) then DHL or someone would deliver to me and there would definitely never be '1 allowed' per month!

Just my thoughts on 'avoiding' customs charges.

Oh and I second everyone who says they're happy to pay the charges... just not the massive handling fees - i feel exactly the same! I rang HMRC once and asked for some advice on how i could get round this, they said there was a long winded process i could go through to have the charges paid at the point they come into the country... either that or the sender can do something to ensure that taxes are paid... I don't suppose we're going to get matty to do the latter!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Been reading all the comments on customs charges; I've had the same problems myself early on in MOTUC's life. Worst part of it is, it's very hit and miss - you'll get charged on one but not another.
    As I've said waaaay back in this thread, I've decided to go with ordering each figure individually, so as not to risk getting stung by customs. Course, the worst part of that is that, for any figures ordered 'manually' on Matty's site, the time it takes putting through each individual order - and sitting through the R/WSOD! - is risking them being sold out before you get what you want.
    It's a real con. I've said it before, but without wanting to turn it into a "them and us", if our American friends had to go through this whole saga, there would be outcry.

Anywayyy... I wish ol' Vikor would hurry up and arrive, just for peace of mind. As I've mentioned previously, I had to change my card late last year after someone else tried to access my bank account. Got the details changed on Matty in time for Buzz-Off, but realised at the last minute that the changes hadn't gone through for my 2011 subs. Hope I changed it in time (the order was "pending" when I realised; went through to "complete" after I changed it), but I won't rest easy until Vikor turns up on my doorstep.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Get ready for some excitement wee to leak out Eamon. Vikor is here!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    I was awoken from my post TNA wrestling show/beer drinking slumber this morning by the postie with my Vikor. Well worth braving the sore head. Really tight, well made figure. Love it, even if he doesn't have that nostalgia factor of some of the vintage figures.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Oohh I can here the lamenting of the woman already!!

Hopefully I will have him tomorrow!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Yep, came home and the RM card was in the hallway ;-) Has to be Vikor! ;-P Going to pick him up tomorrow ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Oohh I can here the lamenting of the woman already!!

Hopefully I will have him tomorrow!
    I'm hoping it will be the same here; Vikor is one figure I'm particularly looking forward to!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Well I got Vikor yesterday! So was quick shipping this time round...

Must say I would be happy to not of had to buy this one though, really not a fan of it... it looks odd with my other figures I think, but oh well next months figures look to be much better. Can't wait for Bow.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Hi peeps.

Just to report in, the doorbell has just gone with my first (of two subs) Vikors.

I'm so relieved, after the hassle I had changing my credit card details at the end of last year (but to reiterate once again, it can be done, you just have to find the right (well buried) page on Matty).

Weird how the second seldom arrives with the first; I can't wait to have both in hand so I can choose which one to open and which to keep MOC. But I'm really pleased one has arrived at least - and the figure looks great, one of my favourites for the line.

Hope others get theirs today / soon!
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Hi peeps.

Just to report in, the doorbell has just gone with my first (of two subs) Vikors.

I'm so relieved, after the hassle I had changing my credit card details at the end of last year (but to reiterate once again, it can be done, you just have to find the right (well buried) page on Matty).
    Glad he arrived okay. When I changed my credit card details last year I had to phone some dude in America who unsurprsingly struggled with my accent but it all worked out in the end, stressful at the time though!
    Are you going to be posting a poll on the rating out of 10 like you did with Buzz and Grizzlor? Vikor's looking like an 8 or a 9 at the moment.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

My sub Vikor turned up today as well - great figure, loving the new ankles/boots all of the joints are really tight as well.

Top notch

hoping mine (vikor) turns up tomorrow because i have a day off work, would tie in nicely! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

My Vikor arrived a few days ago and have to say i'm very happy with his new feet/ankle design. It's rock solid. Time will tell but if it stays true then this could be the answer to our ankle woes.

HOWEVER..my molar/skeletor set has NOT arrived.. I'm giving it more time but I have a horrible dread that it's not going to turn up. I pray that I am wrong.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

For me - false alarm, different parcel, so maybe tomorrow..? ;-)

Vikor arrived yesterday, hoping for guards this week
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Yes, he's here ;-)

Heroic Warrior
    Sub Vikor arrived today, hoping the guards arrive this week.....praying they come in the big white bag.

Heroic Warrior
    One of my Vikor's arrived on Saturday. That was quicker than usual. Still waiting for the others and the Palace Guards.

Still not quite worked out how parcels get selected for charges though. I'm not going to call it the Customs charge any more since I realised that actually it's VAT (plus PO handling fee). I have only ever paid VAT on boxes containing two figures. Larger (and costlier) parcels just get delivered.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Masters Chronicles Host! Vinto-Man's Avatar
    My vikor also arrived on Saturday. Nice to see it arrive sooner but I'm kind of worried for next month and what the customs charges bring!
    Masters of the Universe Chronicles Podcast!

To listen to any show click here

To join the facebook page click here

To subscribe via Itunes click here

Guys quick question, When we bought the subs back the last year the total was about 49USD my understanding is that covers Jan Figure and the Sub Figure? Just that I’ve been charged for Vikor!? Tad confused am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Guys quick question, When we bought the subs back the last year the total was about 49USD my understanding is that covers Jan Figure and the Sub Figure? Just that I’ve been charged for Vikor!? Tad confused am I missing something?
    Shiva, that's just the way the Digital River do things.

I think they just validate the cost of the Preternia figure, the Jan Sub figure (Vikor) and the shipping (a total of $49.95) against you card, but they only charged you the $20 for Preternia He-Man back in July. The Order History on mattycollector is rather unhelpful in this regard, but go back and check your credit card statements. Around the date of the $49.95 invoice on Matty, you should see a debit of only $20 from your credit card. They took $20 from my account on 22 July, and I bought the 2011 on the first day it was available.

BTW - Vikor arrived with me this morning!