Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FILMATION RATTLOR support thread

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

FILMATION RATTLOR support thread

In my opinion Clawful and Tung lashor are the most different design between the vintage toys and the filmation cartoon.
    Clawful is schedulded and Tung lashor is really well demanded

Here is the poll : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...MATION-release

But I am wondering if Rattlor could be also made in Filmation because he looks like different, nos as much as Tung lashor for sure, but way more bulky and with an alligator head.

I think that would be awesome if they produce him too.
    Maybe a Filmation snake men 2-packs with these 2 guys.

What do you think ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Yes please! But single carded thanks!
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

I definitely wouldn't say "most different" as far as Rattlor goes but I VERY much want the Filmation version! We all know Tung will be coming at some point, and he definitely needs his fellow Horde snake buddy!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't mind a rattlor but he's not near my top wants. I'd want characters like teela, man at arms, merman, triklops, roboto, ram man Hordak mekaneck fisto chopper, sorceress man evfaces whiplash, kobra khan, Grizzlor, leech, mantenna shadow weaver entrapta glimmer frosta perfuma mermista slotted in and released before mattel got to rattlor

please release accurate Filmation of-- Fisto, roboto, kobra khan, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, , spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, mekaneck, jitsu, ram man, frosta, bow, Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Of course Rattlor is not at the top wanted list as other characters as Hordak, Teela, Merman or Tung Lashor.

But it exists around 37 different characters they could make in Filmation style.
    7 have already been made.

So they can make 30 now in the club grayskull sub. So if they use the sub exclusive item, with at least 7 figures per year they can schedule to produce them on the next 4 years.

And since I think this Club Grayskull is awesome and will sell very well, that is completely possible to have this line keep going the next 4 years.
    Almost collectors who don't collect Motuc could just want to buy the Club Grayskull, because less figures in the collection, only 35/40 and if they remember more the cartoon they will choose that instead of the Classics line.

That's also the reason that the idea of Adultcollector to make a second run of he-man and skeletor with fix ankles and accurate skeletor's taff and he-man's sword in 2-pack would be very good.
    Because this line will keep going if everybody can have the main characters.
    Here is his poll to vote for a possible he-man skeletor 2-pack :

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...lmation-2-pack!

I think the he-man skeletor reissued this way will help the line to live enough to see characters as Rattlor to be made.

+1 for rattlor !!!
    Horde + snake man = must have !!!

I'd buy a two pack of both Horde snakemen.

While I would not buy Filmation Rattlor or 1980s Charmander, I hope they get made on the Filmation sub-line for those who want them.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    He's such an easy, cheap repaint, that I wonder if he really merits taking up a regular slot (even in the CG sub), rather than, say, being a Powercon exclusive repaint or something.

But I wouldn't say no to getting more Snakemen—the more, the merrier, as it's still one of the smallest factions. (Yes, the Filmation one is supposed to be a Horde member, which is one of the largest factions actually; but unlike Filmation Tungy, he doesn't wear the bat emblem, so he would join the Snakemen ranks on my shelves.)

And it would be a chance to get a non-blastic Rattlor...
    Last edited by uaxuctum; March 12, 2016 at 06:10pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    He's such an easy, cheap repaint, that I wonder if he really merits taking up a regular slot (even in the CG sub), rather than, say, being a Powercon exclusive repaint or something.

But I wouldn't say no to getting more Snakemen—the more, the merrier, as it's still one of the smallest factions. (Yes, the Filmation one is supposed to be a Horde member, which is one of the largest factions actually; but unlike Filmation Tungy, he doesn't wear the bat emblem, so he would join the Snakemen ranks on my shelves.)

And it would be a chance to get a non-blastic Rattlor...
    I don't think we could consider it like a cheap repaint, the toy one is like a snake, a cobra, the filmation one is more bulking like an alligator.

You are right he doesn't have the horde emblem, but they could add an armband for the ones who would love to have him in horde faction and I am one of these ones.

Damn, Rattlor been doin some crunches......got abs that Rick Rude would be jealous of!
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    Damn, Rattlor been doin some crunches......got abs that Rick Rude would be jealous of!
    Lol yea you are right.
    I am really expecting this figure sooner or later.
    It is an awesome addition to snake men and horde ( they just have to add him an armband as grizzlor or leech are wearing )

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'm not into the Filmation style that much, but I'd definitely buy a Filmation Rattlor.
    He's my favourite MOTU character after all.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I don't think we could consider it like a cheap repaint, the toy one is like a snake, a cobra, the filmation one is more bulking like an alligator.

You are right he doesn't have the horde emblem, but they could add an armband for the ones who would love to have him in horde faction and I am one of these ones.

http://pixel-dan.com/wp-content/uplo...ttlorThumb.jpg

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/jungle04.JPG
    Rattlor is a rattlesnake
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Yes to Filmation Rattlor!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I'm not into the Filmation style that much, but I'd definitely buy a Filmation Rattlor.
    He's my favourite MOTU character after all.

Rattlor is a rattlesnake
    Yes you are right. The vintage toy is a rattlesnake but in Filmation cartoon he looks like more bulky and more an alligator.
    That's why I would love to see him in Filmation sub sooner or later.

I'll by any and every snakeman Mattel produces.

I'll buy Filmation Rattlor, 200x Rattlor, Eternian Beach Vacation Rattlor, etc.

I can never have enough snakes.

Rattlor in particular has always been one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...mparison03.jpg

I agree with you ! He is also one of my favorite with Tung Lashor ! I like them so much in the Filmation cartoon !

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/...mparison03.jpg

Lol, thanks for the laugh

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Yes you are right. The vintage toy is a rattlesnake but in Filmation cartoon he looks like more bulky and more an alligator.
    That's why I would love to see him in Filmation sub sooner or later.
    There is no way whatsoever that Mattel is going to retool a new, bulkier, single-use torso for him. That much you can be 100% certain of. And more so in the cheap, close-to-zero-tooling-budget (*) underdetailed cashcow line. They will reuse the existing Rattlor torso, just like they've reused the existing human torso despite its higher, realistic level of detailing (as compared to the appalling, cartoony lack of details of the small newly-tooled Filmation parts). In fact, they'll most probably straight reuse the whole of the existing Rattlor figure as is, with the only exception of replacing the Snakeman-logo realistic furry shorts with the new Filmation He-Man no-details pseudo-furry shorts.

He'll be a cheaper—much, much cheaper, in fact, since they will skip all of the notoriously costly scale-by-scale paint ops—repaint of the existing figure, with no new tooling at all. The vintage figure had a bulkier torso, too (because it had to lodge the stretching neck part and its mechanism inside), but this bulkiness was not reproduced in the MotUC figure. The vintage Tung Lashor figure was also notoriously bulky (for the similar reason of lodging his extensible tongue and mechanism), but its MotUC figure was made, in fact, with a newly-tooled torso that looks notoriously lean (because of the lack of a bulky overlay that is present on most other figures) even when compared to the other MotUC figures (i.e., not only did they not make him look relatively bulky to imitate the look of the vintage figure in comparison with the other figures; totally on the contrary, they made him look even leaner-than-average for a MotUC figure). So we have zero reason to believe they will spend a single dime on an expensive newly-tooled bulkier torso for a figure that they can already make with zero tooling budget out of existing parts.

So if a bulkier, newly tooled figure is what you're actually expecting/wanting from a Filmation Rattlor figure, I think you're in for some really big disappointment.

(*) Don't be fooled by the presence of the full-tool Evilseed variant. That exclusive figure is there basically in order to lure/force Classics collectors into subbing who are not that attracted by the underdetailedness of this fork line, not actually for the sake of the fans of cartoonily underdetailed looks (in fact, this Evilseed variant is detailed enough to fit in seamlessly with the rest of the Classics line—unlike the notoriously underdetailed Beast Man and Trap Jaw Filmation variants—which is a good indicator of the intention). And the full-tool of this exclusive figure is, in fact, paid for by the notoriously cheap tooling and paint budget assigned/needed by the other Filmation sub figures.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; April 2, 2016 at 03:39pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Going for a shot in the dark here.....not a fan of Club Grayskull??

I would love to lock you and degra in a room and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    There is no way whatsoever that Mattel is going to retool a new, bulkier, single-use torso for him. That much you can be 100% certain of. And more so in the cheap, close-to-zero-tooling-budget (*) underdetailed cashcow line. They will reuse the existing Rattlor torso, just like they've reused the existing human torso despite its higher, realistic level of detailing (as compared to the appalling, cartoony lack of details of the small newly-tooled Filmation parts). In fact, they'll most probably straight reuse the whole of the existing Rattlor figure as is, with the only exception of replacing the Snakeman-logo realistic furry shorts with the new Filmation He-Man no-details pseudo-furry shorts.

He'll be a cheaper—much, much cheaper, in fact, since they will skip all of the notoriously costly scale-by-scale paint ops—repaint of the existing figure, with no new tooling at all. The vintage figure had a bulkier torso, too (because it had to lodge the stretching neck part and its mechanism inside), but this bulkiness was not reproduced in the MotUC figure. The vintage Tung Lashor figure was also notoriously bulky (for the similar reason of lodging his extensible tongue and mechanism), but its MotUC figure was made, in fact, with a newly-tooled torso that looks notoriously lean (because of the lack of a bulky overlay that is present on most other figures) even when compared to the other MotUC figures (i.e., not only did they not make him look relatively bulky to imitate the look of the vintage figure in comparison with the other figures; totally on the contrary, they made him look even leaner-than-average for a MotUC figure). So we have zero reason to believe they will spend a single dime on an expensive newly-tooled bulkier torso for a figure that they can already make with zero tooling budget out of existing parts.

So if a bulkier, newly tooled figure is what you're actually expecting/wanting from a Filmation Rattlor figure, I think you're in for some really big disappointment.

(*) Don't be fooled by the presence of the full-tool Evilseed variant. That exclusive figure is there basically in order to lure/force Classics collectors into subbing who are not that attracted by the underdetailedness of this fork line, not actually for the sake of the fans of cartoonily underdetailed looks (in fact, this Evilseed variant is detailed enough to fit in seamlessly with the rest of the Classics line—unlike the notoriously underdetailed Beast Man and Trap Jaw Filmation variants—which is a good indicator of the intention). And the full-tool of this exclusive figure is, in fact, paid for by the notoriously cheap tooling and paint budget assigned/needed by the other Filmation sub figures.

Imo Rattlor and Tung Lashor could be a really nice 2-pack.
    Sdcc 2-pack exclusive with sticker but then sold on the website to avoid the problem we had with rotar and twistoid.
    That will allow to get more filmation figures in 2017 !

Imo Rattlor and Tung Lashor could be a really nice 2-pack.
    Sdcc 2-pack exclusive with sticker but then sold on the website to avoid the problem we had with rotar and twistoid.
    That will allow to get more filmation figures in 2017 !
    I agree, a great Horde 2-pack. I'm sure that won't happen though. Either way, I hope they come in new packaging for the She-Ra cartoon!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

For Classics or the Filmation line?? If for Classics he could be given Cy-Chops Horde belt and be repainted in the Filmation colors. I'd like to see that!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Usually I have no interest in new characters and only like characters I knew as a child.

But when I saw what 4H did with Fangor, I am impressed.

I guess they could make a fantastic Rattlor, snake man and horde member that is a perfect combo !
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; November 14, 2017 at 08:51am.

I do think since we got Tung Lashor now it is time for Rattlor !