Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Lord Gr'Asp discussion

MOTUC Lord Gr'Asp discussion

I figure since the other 2 already got some threads i would make some for the other 2 1988 line characters. Think this is my favorite one, reminds me some snake sorcerer. I thought about how these guys could make sense in regards to motuc, and thought that maybe when the spell of seperation was cast it had some unexpected side affects on guys that were close by to the snakemen when theirdna was seperated and spliced with others nearby(ie fisto, rioblast, trapjaw, mosquitor, clawful, whiplash, squeeze) just a thought, any a great powercon exclusive or chase figure.
    mashup3.jpg
    mashup4.jpg
    mashup6.jpg
    Last edited by facet; July 13, 2016 at 11:32am.

This alligator/lobster guy (Al-Lob-Gator?) could be a neat-o addition. I'd take him!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Claw Hand lizard is my second favourite, under WhipJaw

I saw a custom that showed me the potential, and I dig it. Especially with a black body and coloured lizard (squeeze?) head and coloured claw...it'd feel kinda like a Remco figure.

This guy is my favorite next to the Snake Troopers. I'd prefer him to most the others.

The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new Snake Men head.

This could be Vypor from the mini-comics.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'm so glad that You put this together! I LOVE how those two totally unrelated elements (2 names without faces, 2 faces without names) just happen to jibe!

I was actually thinking about that - that this guy could technically by the "Vypor" from that Ultimate Battleground wide shot drawing and the crazy Whiplash head/Rattlor necked guy could conceivably be StrechNeck too right.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it is potentially a good idea. I'd put his Claw on the other arm, however, to differentiate him from Lawful.

This figure makes sense aesthetically. That Whiplash/Trap-Jaw hybrid, on the other hand, looks like they were just throwing random parts in a bag and pulling out whatever came up.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'm all for new Snakemen!
    Get him made, call him Vypor and this dragon's happy!
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The idea is cool but I hate the idea of reusing heads. "Classicize" this character by giving it an all new Snake Men head.

I agree absolutely with this!
    In my imagination, all these 1988 unreleased concepts are set in Preternia. That would help differentiate some of these mash-ups from their vintage sources.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    I was actually thinking about that - that this guy could technically by the "Vypor" from that Ultimate Battleground wide shot drawing and the crazy Whiplash head/Rattlor necked guy could conceivably be StrechNeck too right.
    Not a bad idea at all, although I still like the Idea of stretch nek being the Bruce Tim early concept rattler and vypor being the living embodiment of viper tower, But this could totally work as well

So now that we know he is Lord Gr'Asp what's everyone think of him?
    Most Wanted Kittrina,Granita,Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen,Tataran, and MissleToe.

He's my favourite of that 3 pack
    Really want to read that bio

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    If I were to get these, I guess I would have the human be an ally of Vikor... sort of the first "Man-at-Arms"; who paid Homage to He-Ro through the armor he wears. The snake men would, obviouly, be the "remaining snake men" that Vikron battled in the Valley of Gnarl... and on a side note... that Gar FFM, in my canon, is a disguised Skeletor who traveled back in time on a Roton to infiltrate the FFM.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Love the character, but he needs his hood.

Also they need to add some colour to his claw, as he looks a bit too bland right now. The claw wasn't black on the cardback art either.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Lord Gr'Asp is a great name, and my favorite figure of the McCarthy 3 pack from Powercon. Like many people, I find his black claw to be TERRIBLY dull and not in keeping with MOTUC aesthetics. I do love the yellow stripes on his arms and legs, and feel that would be the best way to keep the color going down his claw. Here is the current prototype from NYTF, and 5 new ways to color the claw, just using yellow. ( others have mentioned orange or other colors)

My personal; preference, is for #2 for a more serious, realistic vibe, and Number 3 for a great vintage, toy look. I also feel that ALL 5 of these, 2-6, look WAY better than just black.

Like many other people, I think that he should include the Lazer Light Skeletor Hood in green matching his cape.

Having the Removable hood Piece from Laser Light Skeletor would be a great addition to add character to the figure, and f you don't like it, you could always take it off.

Many people like the idea of the hood, but some say it isn't really there in the McCarthy drawings, and is just the folds of Scare-glow's cowl. Well, in Both McCarthy drawings of Lord Gr'Asp, it appears that there is plenty of material to pull over his head all the way (as a hood) and the cowl on Scare-Glows Cape in the McCarthy art of Scareglow himself looks NOTHING like it does for Lord Gr'Asp.

While important, the hood is not as big of a deal as Lord Gr'Asps lifeless black claw. It really doesn't make any sense that the yellow stripes just stop at the claw anyway. In nature, some of that yellow would have made its way into the claw, if not all the way down it.

Despite my constructive criticism, he's a great character and I am excited to see the BIO revealed!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Lord Gr'Asp is a great name, and my favorite figure of the McCarthy 3 pack from Powercon. Like many people, I find his black claw to be TERRIBLY dull and not in keeping with MOTUC aesthetics. I do love the yellow stripes on his arms and legs, and feel that would be the best way to keep the color going down his claw. Here is the current prototype from NYTF, and 5 new ways to color the claw, just using yellow. ( others have mentioned orange or other colors)

http://i65.tinypic.com/vht09k.jpg

My personal; preference, is for #2 for a more serious, realistic vibe, and Number 3 for a great vintage, toy look. I also feel that ALL 5 of these, 2-6, look WAY better than just black.

Like many other people, I think that he should include the Lazer Light Skeletor Hood in green matching his cape.

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b3&oe=593B0F85

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...whand_full.jpg

Having the Removable hood Piece from Laser Light Skeletor would be a great addition to add character to the figure, and f you don't like it, you could always take it off.

Many people like the idea of the hood, but some say it isn't really there in the McCarthy drawings, and is just the folds of Scare-glow's cowl. Well, in Both McCarthy drawings of Lord Gr'Asp, it appears that there is plenty of material to pull over his head all the way (as a hood) and the cowl on Scare-Glows Cape in the McCarthy art of Scareglow himself looks NOTHING like it does for Lord Gr'Asp.

https://battleram.files.wordpress.co...6&h=650&crop=1

https://battleram.files.wordpress.co...ack.jpg?w=1000

While important, the hood is not as big of a deal as Lord Gr'Asps lifeless black claw. It really doesn't make any sense that the yellow stripes just stop at the claw anyway. In nature, some of that yellow would have made its way into the claw, if not all the way down it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2m3jiqb.jpg https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...OA=w530-h353-p http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/w...8.jpg~original http://www.underwaterphotography.com...tion/39540.jpg

Despite my constructive criticism, he's a great character and I am excited to see the BIO revealed!
    Totally agree. I can live without the hood, but either a yellow stripe continuing onto his claw or just a completely yellow one would improve this figure a lot.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Lodar, Masks of Power Demons (2-pack), Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, NA Vintage line completed.

I like 2 and 3. I know MOTU is all about bright candy colors, but I think a majority-yellow claw looks real goofy.

And I don't see a hood in the art. It's the mantle of the Scareglow cape. Both pictures of him have him in a weird hunched over posture that would push the mantle up over his head. Forcing that Laser Light hood around his head looks bad. Makes his head look way too round. I've got the parts handy to try it out myself to see if in person but I get nervous taking off Scareglow's head.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think on this one, too many fans are trying to be "right" for something that only existed as a couple of black and white drawings. It's open to interpretation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think on this one, too many fans are trying to be "right" for something that only existed as a couple of black and white drawings. It's open to interpretation.
    To me it's not about 'trying to be right', it's what looks awesome.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Lodar, Masks of Power Demons (2-pack), Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, NA Vintage line completed.

image.jpeg

I need this to happen. It just does so much to make this look more MOTU.

It's striking in a great way. These sets are going to be expensive. A couple extra paint hits aren't going to drive profits down that much.

Please make this happen. Enough people are saying that they don't like the black claw.
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Totally agree. I can live without the hood, but either a yellow stripe continuing onto his claw or just a completely yellow one would improve this figure a lot.
    Same here.
    I thought the claw has a stripe like on his arm and on the picture #2 because I only saw a picture of him of the other side.
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; February 26, 2017 at 05:13am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I think the vibrant yellow claw looks best. Guess it's a pain going from black and white concepts to color figures.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I prefer the yellow claw, looks way better, feels more MOTU that way and makes the figure pop a lot more.
    The black claw just doesn't feel right for some reason.
    Please make this happen.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I fully support both the hood and the yellow claw
    in fact I fail to see how someone could not see a hood in those pictures.

Heroic Warrior
    Who came up with the name?