Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Ram Arrival

Battle Ram Arrival

I received my Battle Ram today. I'm not able to post pics tonight, but I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am with this.

For the cost, this should have been near perfect. Mine has sloppy paint applications on every single piece...Battle Ram, Sky Sled, and MAA. The Battle Ram feels like it's made of thin plastic; it's very light and hollow. The whole thing only weighs about 1.5 lbs. In addition to the sloppy paint, there is also a hole in the eye on the back section design. It looks like someone jammed a metal pin into it.

The quality on this is just incredibly disappointing for the price. I am contemplating returning mine for a refund, and I am a completist.

Edit: Forgot to add that there are stress marks on the Sky Sled tabs that hold it in the back half. This was after pulling the sled out ONE time.
    Last edited by Slayor; November 19, 2014 at 12:00am.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Well that sucks

bahhhhhhhh....what a bummer!
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Not a good first report.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

There's a report on facebook. Seems happy with it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Definitely sounds like you should exchange it.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I'm not sure if I want to even bother exchanging it. Like I said, I'm a completist, but this really doesn't seem like it's worth the money, IMO. Then again, I've received only two figures this entire year that didn't have problems. I have horrible luck.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Sorry to hear that. I am curious to know how mine will turn out once I receive it in about a month (ordered from canada). I think I would still exchange it if I were you. It's the only way to let Mattel know of their poor quality of products, IMHO, and perhaps eventually make them step up with quality control.

Recently I ordered and returned a Rio blast and king hsss due to paint and plastics defects. Just couldn't stand paying so much for these figures and not getting what I paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to even bother exchanging it. Like I said, I'm a completist, but this really doesn't seem like it's worth the money, IMO. Then again, I've received only two figures this entire year that didn't have problems. I have horrible luck.
    Look at the reveals and see if your problems are typical. If they're not, I don't see why you wouldn't send it back.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Got my Battle Ram today.

From Beyond The Tub.
    Last edited by Jester; November 19, 2014 at 02:36am.
    Thank You for your support ....OCTAVIA 5000! Success rate 100% WooHooo!

Not a good first report. Glad I decided to hold off on picking this up.

I also like the disclaimer that this would be extra heavy and require more expensive shipping. I was expecting it to be at least a little sturdier plastic than described here.

I thought TG said this was going to be sooo heavy thus justifying the extra postage cost....
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm nervous about receiving this now I really hope it isn't that lightweight and with QC issues.

Again, no preview of the item beforehand - I'm just expecting Arrow to have swapped legs now as we haven't had no reviews of him either.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Mine hasn't even shipped yet...
    Awesome sticker included!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    My buddy said it was HUGE and very heavy in package. He hasnt opened it yet but seemed happy with it. I would love to see some pics when/if you can.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

mine is due in Saturday but I am less excited if it going to be a train wreck. fingers crossed. the light doesn't bother me too much but if it looks like crap after having this long to get it done..shameful
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I got one of the test shots from ebay and am very happy with the size/weight/plastic, but I'm sorry you're not! The rest does not sound good for sure though; maybe wait and see if there are a lot more reports like yours, and if not then exchange it, instead of returning it?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Then again, I've received only two figures this entire year that didn't have problems. I have horrible luck.
    I haven't had any issues with anything this year, except for RioBlast's obvious shortcomings. Sure you're not just nitpicking a lot of the figures? I can't speak for the BR- I have zero intention of spending 110 on it.

I can totally understand the lightweight feel, recently Generations Metroplex was about the same price and probably weight about the same as his G1 counterpart-yet this new one was 2-ft tall, I felt like I didn't get enough 'oomph' for my bucks.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Got mine yesterday its awesome. Impressed with the size and craftsmanship really a beautiful piece for the line.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

One thing reading reviews versus watching reviews has taught me-- especially where fandom is concerned-- everything is in the eye of the beholder. One person's "too light", "paint too sloppy", "stress marks", etc., are often minor annoyances to me but nothing worth returning the item for or getting worried about. Zero disrespect intended to the OP's opinion about his/her BR, but I have a feeling I'm going to be more satisfied with mine.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

So...does anyone want to post some pics for those of us waiting for it to arrive ? I'd love to see some pics of the BR in the wild!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Reeeeeeaaaaallllly wish someone could post some pictures. I'm like a Doctor who can't be trusted...no patients! Patience. Whatev, it's funny.

Why would you expect pics from an Arrival Thread?

I certainly do not mean to imply that concerns are not valid but I would agree with the sentiment of a number of people on this thread. I have seen what some people consider defects and though I would agree that something should be "perfect" that there is an acceptible level of error. So for instance a number of my figures will have a tiny bit of paint here or there that is off. I can usually either just scrape it off with no damage to the figure, or rub it off with a tiny bit of nail polish remover. That figure would still be perfect to me, it is not a big deal.

Rio Blast had no issuses for me even though I did modify some things. Out of package there was one thing, the hose that connects to his chest hinge, that didnt go in right, but some heat and glue and it was right. Rio was perfect, or near enough. That is not to say I loved his weird chest gun attch design, I fixed that, but the figure was what he was supposed to be.

So my point is I am pretty forgiving. I would definately rather not have shoulders switched, but usually it doesnt even matter. Frosta (I think it was her) I switched her gauntlets because as I recall they were reversed and I thought that was distracting, but even then I would have called her perfect because it was an easy enough fix.

Basically I cannot make a Battle Ram from scratch so to have one is priceless nearly. If there are some minor issues, I can work with that. Also I am poor as all get out, but if I can actually afford to buy it I will and if I didnt think owning this thing was worth the money based on the visuals alone I wouldnt buy it. Unless it is literally broken or missing pieces I would not judge what I got not worth the money based on in hand.

I hope it doesnt feel thin and light and really poor quality plastic. Sounds like so far most are not like that. I hope the paint aps are not way off. But if I have to do a tiny bit of touchup that is ok. That would suck if either were true.

I'd be mad if it came literally broken, or Duncan had no head, or he had two left legs, or basically something I could not fix to my satisfaction, even with the pricetag.

I have high hopes for this thing, but I love the idea of it so much I am also very forgiving if there is something I can do to put it right. Only when I cannot is when I get "returney". To date the only thing I got a replacement for was Carnivus because his chest armour had a pretty sizeable gouge in the paint, and repainting it you could still easily see that gouge. So they sent me a new one and I gave my old one to a friend who didnt have one.

I'll reserve my fear until I hear a few more negatives. Seriously pics though folks. In my estimation what I've heard to the negative is pretty minor. Let's see it!
    Last edited by baronterror; November 19, 2014 at 03:07pm.

LOL