Page 113 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5803

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    That makes 2! Anyone else? ;-)
    Me too. Custom charges are a big reason I'm not getting a sub next year.

That's 4!! Anyone else??
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Just got my ransom notice this morning handed to me by the postman.

My charge was £11.65 so I wonder why it's cheaper? I wonder if it is down to the exchange rate. I swear the difference is only pennies these days for large figures.

I also ordered 3 wrestling DVDs last week and got them today without a customs charge! I wonder why Matty items take like a month to arrive (20 working days.)

By the time I get Catra, the wonder will have died down as I'll have seen all the pics of her on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTheHonour86 View Post
    Just got my ransom notice this morning handed to me by the postman.

My charge was £11.65 so I wonder why it's cheaper? I wonder if it is down to the exchange rate. I swear the difference is only pennies these days for large figures.

I also ordered 3 wrestling DVDs last week and got them today without a customs charge! I wonder why Matty items take like a month to arrive (20 working days.)

By the time I get Catra, the wonder will have died down as I'll have seen all the pics of her on the forums.
    That's what happened to me with Sy-Klone and Panthor (although when I got them I was more impressed than I was expecting) ... I got charged £14-something for those though!

I got my £14.00 ransom note! I will hopefuly pick them up tomorow. I am so done with the sub next year (unless they offer a bare bones 12 figure + Exclusive package) I want Megator and Swift Wind so it was worth it to me this year.

The beasts left that I want are Storm, Clawdeen, Arrow, Catra's Panther form, Mantisor, Teela's Unicorn, He-Ro's Flying dyno, King Hiss's T-Rex, Battle Lion, Adult Cringer & Illumina's Cat. I would buy the robotic horses, but I suppose they would be classed as vehicals. But I will take my chance on Matty for these beasts as, when and if they come along. The core Steads for me are Battle Cat. Panthor and Swiftwind. And with Tytus and Megator out of the way after next month I will be good on the biger figures. The only other big figures I would want are Horde Prime and Serpos.

I got my £14.00 ransom note! I will hopefuly pick them up tomorow. I am so done with the sub next year (unless they offer a bare bones 12 figure + Exclusive package) I want Megator and Swift Wind so it was worth it to me this year.

The beasts left that I want are Storm, Clawdeen, Arrow, Catra's Panther form, Mantisor, Teela's Unicorn, He-Ro's Flying dyno, King Hiss's T-Rex, Battle Lion, Adult Cringer & Illumina's Cat. I would buy the robotic horses, but I suppose they would be classed as vehicals. But I will take my chance on Matty for these beasts as, when and if they come along. The core steeds for me are Battle Cat. Panthor and Swiftwind. And with Swift Wind and Megator out of the way this year I will be good on the bigger figures. The only other big figures I would want are Horde Prime and Serpos.
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 17, 2011 at 12:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I ended up paying £14.09 in charges for the April figs. Haven't opended Sy-klone yet but really impressed with Panthor - I love the helmet.

I'm also on the fence about renewing the sub next year - I've loved everything I've had so far and never had any probs with it (despite changing address and credit cards) but these customs charges are really adding up and making the wait too long.

Unless I'm blown away by the reveals at SDCC I think I will pick and choose and brave Matty every month next year.

Sounds like a lot of people are thinking the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    The only other big figures I would want are Horde Prime and Serpos.
    Interesting idea that you'd want Horde Prime as a 'giant sized' figure, I think I'd prefer him regular size and in the UK comic style! Gbagok did a awesome version of this!

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    So maybe that's the way to go - let's make a petition for all figs over $30 sent to UK to be packed in white mailing bag? ;-) Sure they will say logistic ******** to that, but let's make it anyway ;-) Who's with me? 8-)
    I can't remember for sure but didn't we determine in this thread that the mailer bags weren't from Matty and the boxes were but in the bags at some other point (maybe Germany) along the line?

If I'm not remembering that correctly and Matty do send them in the bags then I'll sign a petition.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I can't remember for sure but didn't we determine in this thread that the mailer bags weren't from Matty and the boxes were but in the bags at some other point (maybe Germany) along the line?

If I'm not remembering that correctly and Matty do send them in the bags then I'll sign a petition.
    The ones that came in bags were defo from Germany... if that helps

Widget
    Hi mighty .orgers!

I got my Catra fig yesterday!!! No customs fee! I pay for fast shipping so i can track my MOTUC ...... (stu hangs head in shame of weird figure online stalking-ness!)
    It has its down sides though, I got a weapons rack last month and got hit for customs charge of £18! (thats WELL more than what the freaking rack is worth!)
    but enough talk of this weapons rack/customs tom-foolery!

Catra is FANTASTIC! the thing with her rubber hand is nothing like the one that Pixel Dan had on his review! Its the same colour as the rest of her skin and isn't as rubbery as I thought it would be! (I was expecting a "special needs" Catra, but shes nothing like that!) lol

Quote Originally Posted by stustu25 View Post
    I got a weapons rack last month and got hit for customs charge of £18! (thats WELL more than what the freaking rack is worth!)
    but enough talk of this weapons rack/customs tom-foolery!

You were stung for the weapons rack? Did you order it by itself? There's no way you should have been hit by customs if it was just that in the package.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Paid my fee

I'm liking Sy-Klone MUCH more than I thought I would - I like the playskool colours and overall he's a pretty solid figure, I really like the 200X disc/shield/structure/hula-hoop-thingamy....

Panthor's a bit of a dissapointment though - the sculpt is amazing - but the plastic feels cheap and shiney and quite light-weight when compared to Battle Cat.

Also his joints a quite loose!

hit and miss this month - hopefully Catra doesn't let me down...
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; May 19, 2011 at 03:04pm.

Is anyone else still waiting for their weapons rack? It has been over a month now since mine was dispatched but it has not arrived yet. I'm already waiting on them to let me know if they will replace my faulty Panthor and this is a month after they had to send me a replacement King Hiss too. I worry that they will think i'm playing silly beggars if I contact them yet again asking for a replacement of a third item in just two months and I won't get anywhere.

Ok this is worrying, so am I the only person not to receive the weapons rack yet?

I have messaged Matty about this and posted on their forum but the forum thread was deleted and I get no reply about my faulty Panthor so doubt I will have any more luck about my missing Weapons Rack. They have customers outside the US by the balls as if they want to ignore our e-mails it will cost us an arm and a leg to phone them and complain.
    Last edited by Rodster6; May 23, 2011 at 09:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry to hear about your problems :-( In regards to phoning them - why don't you try one of those 'cheap calls' numbers - I pay like 2p per minute to US and I'm sure there are even cheaper ways to call like Skype - for £3 or something you can have like a thousand or more minutes to landline so it doesn't have to be arm and a leg as you say kind of cost ;-)
    One way or the other - good luck with all your problems! :-)

Thanks, the weapons rack did finally turn up today! The guy said they had tried to delivery it before but rather than let me know they just took it back to the sorting office and let it sit there a week or two! Not sure why they decided to re-deliver it to me today as was to bewildered to ask him before he shot off.

Cool! ;-) glad to hear you've got it!

Catra arrived this morning. Amazing how much quicker the delivery is when it's not stopped by customs.

The figure arrived in a large jiffy bag instead of a box. The white mailer inside was fine, and the figure was in perfect condition. Catra is an awesome figure.

Sorry I haven't sorted out the letter to HMS yet guys! I am totally up the walls with work lately.

Glad to see Catra is coming. I am as excited as jewish kid getting circumcised!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Makes your bits look bigger apparently though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Makes your bits look bigger apparently though lol.
    Really????

My Catra arrived yesterday - not had a chance to pcik her up yet though.

That's really quick! Just shows what impact customs has.

Stratos came today. That was a short wait. Still 2 Catras and 1 She-Ra to come though.

I got my Catra today! LITERALLY a week or two after I got Panthor!

I have to say she is 'fierce' lol. The soft hand is not as bad as I thought seeing Pixel Dan's review. It is softer and bendy but still is neat looking and the colour matches the rest of her body.

The masks are also cool. Although, her red mask has a couple of green dots between the eyes but it fits on her face and forehead neatly but I see how it could be stretched in while if left on her face.

Her silver mask is great and fits over her face but doesn't fit this version of Catra. Maybe a toy variant in the future?

I found her whip hard to put in her hand but looks cool now it is fitted and you CAN pose it without ever seeing the comb part!

Overal, one of the best figures yet and she stands by Skeletor sitting on Panthor, Hordak and Force Captain Adora. Seeing that group together is a force to be reckoned with!

Got my Catra today.

Aside from the issues that people have reported already (warped sword and shield, soft hand) she's an amazing figure.

Bring on the rest of the Horde!

Heroic Master of Rubbish Eats-the-Trash's Avatar
    Catra showed up here too (in a really ripped and beaten up jiffy bag)
    Awesome adj. inspiring or displaying awe.
    Sticker n. an adhesive label, poster or paper.
    Included vr. 1. to have as contents or part of the contents; be made up of or contain. 2. to add as part of something else; put in as part of a set, group or category. 3. to contain as a secondary or minor ingredient or elememt.

I got my Catra today too... love the figure, thought I was gonna prefer the silver mask, but having it in hand, I prefer the red one.

Lucky I'm not a MOC collector because the card was absolutely battered!!