Page 153 of 235 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5865

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Spikor is here! And he is looking 'straight' ;->
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If you do sign up by DHL would you mind letting me know how much they're actually charging for shipping?

It's $13.45 for one figure with the cheapest shipping method, which I always assumed would be cheaper overall even with import duty and fees. If there's not much difference in price I might be tempted by DHL instead. That is assuming I can change the shipping method for my sub at this stage.
    I checked when I subbed up the cost for the DHL option - it was approx $28 for the single fig compared to $13.45 on the untracked method!

While the admin fee under DHL is less I think you are going to get caught by customs every time whereas you may get lucky and slip through the net with the cheap method - I know I haven't paid any customs charges all of 2012.

All things considered I used the cheap method but, if the functionality exists on the website as promised may switch to DHL in a figure heavy month

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I checked when I subbed up the cost for the DHL option - it was approx $28 for the single fig compared to $13.45 on the untracked method!

While the admin fee under DHL is less I think you are going to get caught by customs every time whereas you may get lucky and slip through the net with the cheap method - I know I haven't paid any customs charges all of 2012.

All things considered I used the cheap method but, if the functionality exists on the website as promised may switch to DHL in a figure heavy month
    That's great, thanks for that.
    Looks as though the cheapest shipping is the best option.

By my maths a single figure shipped by DHL that is charged import duties should be about £40 net, whereas a figure that comes through Royal Mail and is charged import duty should be just shy of £37 net. Not much difference, but I'd be really surprised if the Royal Mail figures didn't continue to evade the import duty entirely.

As you say, might work out differently on a figure-heavy month.... have to wait and see.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Spikor arrived today and he's looking straight ahead and the joints are all super tight, apart from a tiny yellow "teardrop" below his right eye, he is perfect!

got my spikor a couple of days ago and he is just PERFECT in every way!

seriously, he's up there with trap-jaw for me now in terms of quality and recreating/re-capturing the vintage look ... thank you 4H and mattel - this guy is incredible! ...

i think i might have a new favourite toy!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Yeah my Spikor came two days ago and he is awesome, no wonky eyes, and his joints are extremely tight, stiffer than any other figure.
    I like the head sculpt better in person but would still prefer if it was a little more like the vintage.
    And the red connector piece is a little too wide.
    So great to finally have him though, childhood favourite!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Sub Spikor arrived Friday and DOS arrived this morning in time for breakfast!

Spikey.jpg
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Just bought a cool new skeletor tshirt from HMV, i dont think they have them online yet. it has skeletor and beastman and trapjaw in the background. it was £12

also my spikor has arrived- love him and no funny eyes

Got my Spikor and finally my May figures this week (no sub charges)

Just waiting on Vykron now, and by the time he gets here it should be renewal time for SLL. Also tempted to buy another Royal Guard pack
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I got two from Amazon, both with Skelly, one with tag line 'bad to the bone' and the other one featuring the new art released for the anniversary! Unfortunatelly they didn't have any other with the new art.. Can we post links to the items here if they're not from eBay? 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by DrGrayskull View Post
    Just bought a cool new skeletor tshirt from HMV, i dont think they have them online yet. it has skeletor and beastman and trapjaw in the background. it was £12

also my spikor has arrived- love him and no funny eyes
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

I bought one of the bad to the bone ones from play, and had to send it back as it appears I may already have one for my birthday!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Can we post links to the items here if they're not from eBay? 8-)
    Not if it's to a page where the item is for sale. Why not just post the pic?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Mate if you haven't called your Parcel Force depo then I suggest you do ASAP as several fans in this thread have said they've called the depo, the package was there waiting for them and they'd had no note delivered despite parcel force claiming they should of had several notes through their letter box saying they had a package for them. I'd do this sooner rather then later in case they send it back.
    Ugh... I called and it was on it's way to being sent back. To Sweden!!!

I thought they only ship from the USA?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Got Vykron today with no customs fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Ugh... I called and it was on it's way to being sent back. To Sweden!!!

I thought they only ship from the USA?
    Arr man that sucks! Anything they can do or is it too late now its on its way back?
    If you contact Matty I'm pretty sure they will refund you once they receive it back. I think other UK Org-ers in this thread have refused delivery before and Matty refunded them once they receive it back.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

2 Vykron's showed up today - no custom fees delivered by Parcel Force. Package was huge!! Can't believe it was only $9.95 shipping.

Fingers crossed my luck with customs extends into next year.

Nice fig - I actually like the Tank Top outfit much more than I thought I would.
    Last edited by ADPriceless; August 15, 2012 at 05:14am.

Had a note from my new mortal enemy Parcel Force, waiting for me when I got home - £20. Must be my 2 Vykron's and a Dana

Update

It was not Vykron!
    sw1.jpg

I bought this from AFX's Ebay store, only cost £12 ($20) + £10 postage. For some reason they put a $50 insurance value on it which meant I had to pay another £20 to get it from ParcelForce
    Sw2.jpg
    Sw3.jpg
    While Tytus and Megator fight over the Sword, an opportunist sneaks up and nicks it!
    Sw4.jpg
    Last edited by Nianotreve; August 15, 2012 at 07:02pm.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

I have to pay a customs fee on my Vykron / Dana package, meaning they've cost me £59.54 (about $93) in total. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Had a note from my new mortal enemy Parcel Force, waiting for me when I got home - £20. Must be my 2 Vykron's and a Dana

Update

It was not Vykron!
    sw1.jpg

I bought this from AFX's Ebay store, only cost £12 ($20) + £10 postage. For some reason they put a $50 insurance value on it which meant I had to pay another £20 to get it from ParcelForce
    Sw2.jpg
    Sw3.jpg
    While Tytus and Megator fight over the Sword, an opportunist sneaks up and nicks it!
    Sw4.jpg
    Ooch, I've been thinking about getting that from AFX, not sure if I'll bother now. If I do I'll definitely email them and ask them not to put insurance on it so thanks for the heads up.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Ooch, I've been thinking about getting that from AFX, not sure if I'll bother now. If I do I'll definitely email them and ask them not to put insurance on it so thanks for the heads up.
    It's put me off ordering it too. Glad I've held off until now. Don't understand why they'd put on such a high insurance value.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Submit a claim to get the fees back. If you have an invoice from AFX stating item value was $20, then HMRC will refund the VAT. If they do, then you can claim the handling fee back from Parcel Force by sending them the reimbursement letter that HMRC will send to confirm the VAT refund. It's worth doing for the handling fee alone!

A similiar thing happened to me and I claimed back both VAT and the handling fee back.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Submit a claim to get the fees back. If you have an invoice from AFX stating item value was $20, then HMRC will refund the VAT. If they do, then you can claim the handling fee back from Parcel Force by sending them the reimbursement letter that HMRC will send to confirm the VAT refund. It's worth doing for the handling fee alone!

A similiar thing happened to me and I claimed back both VAT and the handling fee back.
    Thanks, I'll try that, I do have the invoicealso on the customs form that was on the front of the box it says Insured amount $50 the boxnext to it SDR value $19 (which i assume means actual value as that is what i paid) further down the value box says $50.

@ 13977, if you do and they agree to removing the insurance let us know please, as I had wanted to purchase that Grayskull business holder when it becomes availble but have been put off

Makes no difference what the customs label says. So long as you have prrof of the items true value your ok. I'd send them both the invoice and customs label and then state AFX likely insured for the item value and shipping value combined (which they shouldn't have done)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Vykron has arrived courtesy of the Royal Mail.

Definitely a reason to celebrate, as I am now officially one year without customs charges!
    I'm sure my luck won't last.

Have to say that, now I have him in hand, there's definitely an argument to be made for having three Vykrons.
    I'd have liked to have displayed all three versions of him - and might have bought three if the rest of 2012 wasn't so expensive...
    Maybe he'll appear in a Mad Matty Sale at some point.

Customs notice arrived today which I assume is for my Vykrons and other SDCC stuff. I'll find out tomorrow.