Page 171 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 5805

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Well it turned out my £19.83 charge from Parcel force wasnt for my December sub but for Granamyr! I've just opened him now but terrified to put him together!

Also got a £15.00 note from DHL for 2 Netossa's (ouch!!)
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

£19.83? Mine was £20.15! Think I've been ripped off!

Something weird's going on... decided to buy Prime, and when I logged in and got through to payment page my card details weren't in there like they normally are.
    There's a 'select card' tab but my regular card isn't listed, so I select 'new card' and put in the details of a card I have used previously and I get the red error message:

"We're sorry. The payment method selected is not available for your location. Please select another payment method.".

Never had that before. Then noticed under payment method it says Credit Card.
    Does this mean it has to be a credit card now? I have always used my debit card.
    I'm stuffed if this is the case as I have never owned a credit card and do not want one!
    Tempted to start a new thread about this, why would they change it now!?
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

I got my Netossa yesterday via DHL. Not used to my stuff arriving this quickly. Especially as I'm still waiting for Mosqitor and Procrustus to show up from December (hopefully they'll be here any day) funny how that works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Does this mean it has to be a credit card now? I have always used my debit card.
    I'm stuffed if this is the case as I have never owned a credit card and do not want one!
    I never knew they accepted debit cards from international customers! Though I think your very brave giving DR access to your bank account considering their reputation with fraudsters getting folks card details! Using a Credit Card is much safer Might be something worth looking into, infact some cards offer reward points on purchases and if you pay the balance off in full each month, it doesn't cost you anything extra!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Something weird's going on... decided to buy Prime, and when I logged in and got through to payment page my card details weren't in there like they normally are.
    There's a 'select card' tab but my regular card isn't listed, so I select 'new card' and put in the details of a card I have used previously and I get the red error message:

"We're sorry. The payment method selected is not available for your location. Please select another payment method.".

Never had that before. Then noticed under payment method it says Credit Card.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I never knew they accepted debit cards from international customers! Though I think your very brave giving DR access to your bank account considering their reputation with fraudsters getting folks card details! Using a Credit Card is much safer Might be something worth looking into, infact some cards offer reward points on purchases and if you pay the balance off in full each month, it doesn't cost you anything extra!
    I've always used my debit card with Matty in the past but have switched to a credit card for the 2013 sub as its a cash back card and like blackiecats says credit cards are much safer for all on-line shopping. I got a cash back credit card specifically for on-line shopping, I requested a low limit of £500 and set up a direct debit to pay it off in full every month so I don't get any interest. It being cash back so I save a few pence on each purchase and it also builds my credit rating up as I'm hoping I'll be able to by a house in the next few years.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I had to pay £23.19 to Parcel Force before they'd deliver my Procrustus, Mosquitor and (as it turns out) Mer-Man, and they arrived this morning.

Customs and VAT are unavoidable but their extra charges are outrageous.

Customs Duty £0.00
    Excise Duty £0.00
    Import VAT £9.69
    Other £0.00
    Clearance Fee £13.50
    Total £23.19

It's bad enough they charge us a fee for handling our mail in the first place (um, isn't that their job?) but to charge more than the VAT is disgusting.

I do like Procrustus though. Took me ages to get one of his arms in, and I ended up having to have a lie down for a few minutes afterwards, but he's a cool, solid figure. Not so keen on Mosquitor though. He's a bit plain and would have benefited from the pimped-out treatment like Fisto.

I have Granamyr on the way, so probably more charges there, and if I have to pay it for a single figure thanks to the 2013 price increase (Netossa) I'm going to be broke

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I had a £18.95 Parcel Force charge when I got home last night,
    Import VAT £10.95
    Other £0.00
    Clearance Fee £8.
    Total £18.95
    just paid it online so the box will be delivered tomorrow. I am waiting on my sub Procrust and Mosquitor (+ Frostra free gift) and also my Granny Myra, wonder which one it will be as it seems we've all been charged different amounts.
    Again weirdly my VAT is higher than Tribal Spacemen but clearance fee is a lot lower??!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Court Magician
    Got a Parcel Force customs fee of£20.15 for Granamyr,a bit ouch,but on the plus side,all of my 2012 stuff is here now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Well they definitely did! I have been using mine for years without any problems. Fraud doesn't worry me too much as there is very little in myy account to take!
    I don't understand why they would suddenly stop allowing debit cards without any warning or notification, very frustrating.
    I don't want to get a credit card just for buying MOTUC, I guess I should attempt to contact someone about it.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    I just got stung for the same £23.19 fee as Tribal Spaceman . I think I prefer Royal Mail.
    It's crazy the variation in fees and who does, or doesn't get charged customs across the UK.

Sad to see Angel T leaving this thread. Although I totally understand his reasons for not subbing this year. The Flippin Foe Men almost stopped me from signing up. But the lure of Ram man and Jitsu was too strong.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Also got a £23.19 slip trough the post today - not very happy also had to pay £15.27 to DHL this afternoon and the £19.83 for Granamyr!!

What a great start to the year!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Paid £17.69 to Parcel Force for Procrustus & Mosquitor (and a free Mer-man) today. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Also got a £23.19 slip trough the post today - not very happy also had to pay £15.27 to DHL this afternoon and the £19.83 for Granamyr!!

What a great start to the year!
    £15.27 in fees just for Netossa? What was the break down that? (VAT, Handling fee etc...?)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

It was for 2 Netossa's there was no breakdown as it from DHL - this is the first time I'm dealing with them. I really hope Matty allow us to change the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    It was for 2 Netossa's there was no breakdown as it from DHL - this is the first time I'm dealing with them. I really hope Matty allow us to change the shipping.
    Ah. I bet VAT was charged on the figures and shipping cost... though still seems a bit much considering the handling fee was meant to just £1.25...

Still no December sub stuff for me.Waiting for the inevitable random demand that most people seem to be getting.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Mine was that much! I think this whole customs malarkey is unfair. Should be one price!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    £20.15 from Parcel Force, no idea what figures it will be till I collect it.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    'Crusty arrived today. No customs. Lucked out there!

£17.37 was my Parcel Force charge today. Hoping it's December's Procrustus and Mosquitor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to go back to the DHL vs Parcel Force debate - when I chose DHL for my 2 x 2013 subs it was heavily influenced by a statement on their website which said they only charge £1 for handling charges for non-business customers (provided it's not too much, I think £250 MAY have been the cut-off or thereabouts). Ultimately, I decide to go DHL because I'd rather pay money for a fast service than see £8 a month disappear in dubious 'handling charges' again, which is a large proportion of the Parcel Force ransom note.

And in answer to a previous question about how much DHL cost me - Shipping for both my subs Netossa figures was $33.55. So the total I was charged for January for 2 subs, delivered to me the day before Netossa went on sale to the general public, was £53.50. I'm very happy with that, particularly since this month DHL didn't charge me any customs fees at all (although they really should have!)

- - - Updated - - -

... aaand the £17.37 was for Mosquitor and Procrustus (and a bonus Mer-Man) Arrived this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    Mine is £23.33!!!! Greedy SOBs

Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    Mine was that much! I think this whole customs malarkey is unfair. Should be one price!
    I think the reasons the customs price fluctuates for so many people is that it depends on what day they calculate the fee and hence what exchange rate they used to do so. With the latest figs there was a delay in shipping and as a result more time in between individual figures being sent out and more time for the $:£ to move.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    well mine was the December sub, mozzy looks good. Stratos was my freebie (Booo!! my second most hated figure since the line began in the 80's - first being Zodac) Crusty though - has a broken back arm my first damaged item from Matty

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got all of my December sub stuff and Granamyr today and I'm really happy with everything. The Customs for Granamyr and Procrustus/Mosquitor came to a fair bit though