Page 174 of 227 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5663

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

I thought it sounded strange. Thanks for the advice, I'll ring again tomorrow!

Did you ring the depot direct or just the general Parcel Force number?

I can't stand incompetence!

Just rang the depot again and spoke to a guy, could tell straight away he knew his job. After two previous calls where the dopes couldn't find anything, it's took the bloke all of two seconds to say "Yeah we've got two parcels here for you from Sweden.". When I asked him why they hadn't sent a ransom note or letter he stated that it must've been an oversight. Ridiculous.
    Why on Earth Mattel send things to Sweden first is another mystery.

One heartbreaking payment of £44.46 later and my December sub stuff and Granamyr will be with me tomorrow.

It's getting VERY expensive for us isn't it?!
    Last edited by 13977; January 30, 2013 at 07:28am. Reason: merged back-to-back post
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

So how many people haven't received Granamyr or a ransom note yet? I think mine was shipped on January 3rd, so there should ideally have been some sign of him by now.

£20 ransom note for Granamyr yesterday. Picked him up today. Not overly impressed with him. He's cool but not £90+ cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    £20 ransom note for Granamyr yesterday. Picked him up today. Not overly impressed with him. He's cool but not £90+ cool.
    I got my customs note for Im presuming Granymer yesterday, paid today and its £23.98 +17.98 for decembers sub. Why does it go to Sweden? If its sent from Philidelpiha??

Can we claim these charges back???

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I rang PF myself this morning and surprise surprise, Granny Myra has been sitting there for a week, paid the £20.15 customs over the phone and it'll be sent out for Monday (wanted an extra £12 to deliver on Saturday!)

Paulio, was it my mate John? that's who I just spoke to.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    So how many people haven't received Granamyr or a ransom note yet? I think mine was shipped on January 3rd, so there should ideally have been some sign of him by now.
    mine was shipped on the 2nd Jan and according to PF arrived at their depot on the 25th - I never received a card though they say it was sent. I would call if I was you, try to speak to "your local depot" should be option 5 rather than customer services or trace a parcel options
    Last edited by Nianotreve; January 31, 2013 at 08:18am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I rang PF myself this morning and surprise surprise, Granny Myra has been sitting there for a week, paid the £20.15 customs over the phone and it'll be sent out for Monday (wanted an extra £12 to deliver on Saturday!)

Paulio, was it my mate John? that's who I just spoke to.

mine was shipped on the 2nd Jan and according to PF arrived at their depot on the 25th - I never received a card though they say it was sent. I would call if I was you, try to speak to "your local depot" should be option 5 rather than customer services or trace a parcel options
    I'd best give them a ring. I'm really not sure whats stopping them delivering it to you tomorrow instead of Monday. They will without doubt be delivering stuff tomorrow that hasn't even arrived at the depot yet. Bizarre!

Yeh I think his name was John. Sorted me out straight away, I'll ask for him first next time.

Items arrived today, free gift was Mer Man. Surprise!
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I got my December items about 2 weeks ago. The free figure was Mer-Man.

I hope Granamyr and Netossa show up soon.

I e-mailed Titan Magazines asking if they had plans to print MOTU in the UK as they seem to deal with DC comic reprints over here. I know it's a long shot and it would just be re-printing the material from the US comic but it'd still be cool to see a MOTU comic in the UK again and help brand awareness.

Court Magician
    No Netossa here yet,hope she arrives soon

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I e-mailed Titan Magazines asking if they had plans to print MOTU in the UK as they seem to deal with DC comic reprints over here. I know it's a long shot and it would just be re-printing the material from the US comic but it'd still be cool to see a MOTU comic in the UK again and help brand awareness.
    If you are just after the printed DC comics (6 pack and origins) - check out Comiczone.co.uk. They do a preoder and get them quickly from the US. I bought them all from there, they are based in London. No.6 and He-Man origins arrived this morning.

I am sure they will have the new series in april also
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

If you are just after the printed DC comics (6 pack and origins) - check out Comiczone.co.uk. They do a preoder and get them quickly from the US. I bought them all from there, they are based in London. No.6 and He-Man origins arrived this morning.

Comiczone won't have the new series as it shuts down at the end of February
    From their site:
    Important Notice
    It is with great sadness that we will be closing down our online store at the end of February.
    All outstanding orders will be sent out as usual and you will still be able to access your online account until the end of March. After this date you can call us on 01689 602073 with any enquires you have.

All subscriptions will be for filled until the end of March. We will send a list of recommended stores and sites to visit that can provide you with a good service...

If you have any questions please contact us at sales@comiczone.co.uk

I wish to thank you all for your custom and loyalty.
    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Just had a £20.55 ransom note for Granamyr. At least I hope it's Granamyr. If it's Netossa I'll cry!

I can't believe they don't deliver on a Saturday unless you pay an extra £12 (which I would never do). What is this, the 1950s?

Its the fact that they can't deliver till Monday if you pay your fees on Thursday that irritates me!

and why did they have to move their northwest distribution centre to the the middle of nowhere, so i cant even go and collect it (DHL is a 2 minute walk, UPS is on my route home, but PF? a deserted industrial estate with no close transport links!)

Thanks Eurocoin, i did not know that, i always go through my browser history straight to the my account page. At least I have 2 months to find a new UK stockist

I already get the US comics, I got issue 6 and He-man origins yesterday. I just like the idea of their being a UK comic again and it'd hopefully raise brand awareness over here too.

Heroic Warrior
    For any Club Black Freighter buyers, my Rorschach arrived today. No customs charge.

Lycan
    Any of you guys who got your DHL parcel with no TAX charge, expect a lovely bill to drop through your door any day now
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I paid my tax charge to them on the doorstep when they delivered the items 2 weeks ago - today I've had an invoice come through with the same charge! Also attached to the invoice were a load of copy invoices from DR for other people! My invoice for Netossa was there but some invoices for guys in Australia and a few in the UK

I called the office and they said someone on Monday should be able to help

Is this normal?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I already get the US comics, I got issue 6 and He-man origins yesterday. I just like the idea of their being a UK comic again and it'd hopefully raise brand awareness over here too.
    ah, sorry see what you mean now

Netossa arrived this morning, by my local "walking" postie, about 3 hours ago. Usually boxes are brought by van, even the small ones. No customs, figure though is just as "meh" as i was expecting, haven't even bothered to open it yet, i will at some point and stick her at the backof the cabinet somewhere - roll on a decent figure in Jitsu

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I paid my tax charge to them on the doorstep when they delivered the items 2 weeks ago - today I've had an invoice come through with the same charge! Also attached to the invoice were a load of copy invoices from DR for other people! My invoice for Netossa was there but some invoices for guys in Australia and a few in the UK

I called the office and they said someone on Monday should be able to help

Is this normal?
    Seems very incompetent. I had an invoice for someone in Canada aswell. But thats got to be DR's fault, not DHL.. I had to check I wasnt paying tax on someone elses bill. Its a bit out of order for them to demand taxes on a package delivered 3 weeks ago.

it does say on the bill if you have paid already to ignore it. so if you've paid it thats what you should do.

Its a bit of a concern for what might happen in future though.. obviously *not* getting away without paying the highway robbery extortion bills afterall.

Netossa arrived today - nice looking lady! :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Seems very incompetent. I had an invoice for someone in Canada aswell. But thats got to be DR's fault, not DHL.. I had to check I wasnt paying tax on someone elses bill. Its a bit out of order for them to demand taxes on a package delivered 3 weeks ago.

it does say on the bill if you have paid already to ignore it. so if you've paid it thats what you should do.

Its a bit of a concern for what might happen in future though.. obviously *not* getting away without paying the highway robbery extortion bills afterall.
    Thanks - ill see what they say next week, btw I entered my package number, invoice number and account no on their website and it brought up nothing, so all this could be sent out my mistake.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Has ToyGuru commented on why the shipments to the UK go via Sweden? Do all European shipments take this circuitous route?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Thanks - ill see what they say next week, btw I entered my package number, invoice number and account no on their website and it brought up nothing, so all this could be sent out my mistake.
    I had to put in the 'waybill' number. If nothing comes up for that, then they should have had their money.