Page 179 of 234 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5840

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I was in a meeting which was suppossed to finish at 2:30 kept checking my watch as it naturally overran. I legged it down the corridor at 3:02, logged on to Matty, bought Strobo and a pack of clamshells, 3:07 the page confirmed my order. I came in here to let others know, but by the time it was posted he was gone.

Kinda wish i had bought 2 now, could have ebayed scalped one and it would have covered a years custom charges!.

We should totally do the UK Con, even if it's just in a pub!
    Agreed! Who needs a fancy convention centre? We'll just sit round a table and have a few jars!
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    Agreed! Who needs a fancy convention centre? We'll just sit round a table and have a few jars!
    Im up for that! lol

Where would the best place be to a hold something do people reckon??

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Whilst its not an actual sheath, there is a store space on jitsus back for his sword, inbetween his sickles
    I can't get the sword to fit in there.

I also missed out on Strobo, had him in my basket, clicked submit, got the sold out message But now I'm thinking it might not be a bad thing. If I can get someone on the Org to pick me one up from PowerCon, Grayskull Con or another con, I'll get cheaper shipping then from Matty and definitely wont get customs fee's.

Yes a UK con would be awesome!. There was rumours awhile back that Busta Toons was going to do one but I've never heard anything about it since.

We've talked about doing a UK Orger's meet up several times over the years but they've never come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    We should totally do the UK Con, even if it's just in a pub!
    I like your thinking mate!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Im up for that! lol

Where would the best place be to a hold something do people reckon??
    It'd be a good idea to find out who would be up for it and where everyone lives. Then we can work out the best area that suits the majority.
    Last edited by paulioscorchio; March 15, 2013 at 07:11am.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Missed Strobo too - hopefully I get one from Matty end of the year
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

UK Con or Meet-Up Discussion

Guys I've just created an Org Group for us called United Kingdom Orgers (can't believe there wasn't one already). If you all join the group and there we can discuss sorting a UK Con or Meet-Up. Like paulioscorchio said, if you want to start by posting where you live, then we can work out the best area that suits the majority.

United Kingdom Orgers
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yes a UK con would be awesome!. There was rumours awhile back that Busta Toons was going to do one but I've never heard anything about it since.
    I asked him about it a couple of months ago. I think he's basically just too busy.
    Last edited by byinfernoslight; March 15, 2013 at 08:49am.

Lycan
    Also missed Strobo..

DHL have started being awkward. My parcel has arrived but they are holding it until they recieve payment?? Whats wrong with collecting a cheque as usual?
    Has had an indian call me asking for bank details. I told her no way and Ill pay with a cheque as always when they deliver on Monday. The british woman I spoke to when I called at lunchtime told me it was fine to pay by cheque when they deliver so I dunno why they are now messing around like this.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Also missed Strobo..

DHL have started being awkward. My parcel has arrived but they are holding it until they recieve payment?? Whats wrong with collecting a cheque as usual?
    Has had an indian call me asking for bank details. I told her no way and Ill pay with a cheque as always when they deliver on Monday. The british woman I spoke to when I called at lunchtime told me it was fine to pay by cheque when they deliver so I dunno why they are now messing around like this.
    I had the same issue, there's a Pay section on DHL's UK site if you'd prefer that. I've just paid £13.26 customs for my King He-Man & Fang Man. Was very easy, they'll be with me tomorrow.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

At what point does DHL become cheaper than International post? 2/3 figures?
    Think I will try and swap when the Foe Men/Karatti come since shipping will be expensive anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Also missed Strobo..

I had the Indian lady call me last month for my details and told her I'd pay online. I missed a call from her this afternoon, so I guess I'll have to wait until next week to get my figures.

Really good that they get here so quick and the cost plus the customs has worked out OK so far for me.

EDIT: Just had the woman call me again for the £11.54 , and I did pay over the phone using their automated payment method - seemed painless - I did use my CC though just in case it was anything dodgy! I get them on Monday
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; March 15, 2013 at 01:24pm.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Lycan
    Yeah I paid online after asking if I could pay by cheque on monday so Ill probably be asked for a cheque. But Ive printed out the receipt to show the driver. No way I ever give card details to anyone who phones me up.

Im still annoyed though, its held everything up over the weekend when should have just been delivered today and paid by cheque as normal.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    At what point does DHL become cheaper than International post? 2/3 figures?
    Think I will try and swap when the Foe Men/Karatti come since shipping will be expensive anyway...
    I've swapped from this month. All seems to have gone well, so far at least. I decided I was willing to pay more to make sure I got my figures. Think it's 3 or 4 figures before the prices start to match up.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Strobo and a pack of clamshells + £25 postage and £15 customs, maybe buying on Ebay would have been cheaper after all... Oh well, he is here and so much better than the Zodac/ks. I think that is why i disliked Zodac so much, seeing Strobo in the comic, then getting such a basic figure was such a let down.

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got my March figures yesterday. £31.34 DHL shipping for 2x Fang Man and 2x King He-Man and 2x maps and got a £11.54 customs charge.

I know we paid for the sub exclusives before, but this month the sub worked out around £19.00 per figure for me or If I include the costs for my 2 sub He-Men then the cost works out to £27.22 - not too bad.

Last month my 2 Ram Man and 2 Jitsu's worked out to £29 each (including shipping and charges)
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; March 19, 2013 at 06:33am.

King He-Man and Fang Man arrived yesterday. Wasn't keen on King He-Man during the reveals. However he's far more impressive in person so I've had a change of heart. Really pleased with both figures. Only trouble is I'm a MOC collector so won't be able to read the comic. Hopefully I'll get the chance to find an extra down the road.

Also purchased a Strobo from a European seller. I'm far too impatient to wait for the conventions or when he goes back on sale on Matty. I'd rather just save myself the irritation and get him now.

Next item on the agenda is the Icon Heroes statue of Grayskull. I've never used Big Bad Toy Store before, but I'll probably get it from them.

King He-Man and Fang Man arrived for me this morning.
    Will check the details when I get home from work - but no customs charges for me this month (something of a relief).

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    King He-Man and Fang Man arrived for me this morning.
    Will check the details when I get home from work - but no customs charges for me this month (something of a relief).
    yeah - got my note to say they're at the PO depot; and no customs note!! ...

kind of a relief for me too seeing as im selling them both
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Fangy and the King arrived for me this morning also, no customs.

I think Fang Man is what i expected...THE No.1 MOTUC ever for me! a never before made but always wanted figure, a great looking figure with 3 accessories no issues with paint or loose joints. 100% perfect! It may not be my birthday for 2 more weeks, but i have the present i wanted!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Thats so cool for u mate. Im really looking forward to Fang Man too.
    Out of interest did u get DHL shipping, ive just upgraded my shipping in the hopes I dont have to wait 4-5 weeks for future figures.
    Think getting never made characters is a massive buzz. I expect to be in aowe of the filmation sub and essentials like madam Razz and batros. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Thats so cool for u mate. Im really looking forward to Fang Man too.
    Out of interest did u get DHL shipping, ive just upgraded my shipping in the hopes I dont have to wait 4-5 weeks for future figures.
    Think getting never made characters is a massive buzz. I expect to be in aowe of the filmation sub and essentials like madam Razz and batros. etc.
    i have the regular shipping on the main sub (zero custom charges so far this year), and DHL for the Filmation sub. This way, come June I will get figures at different times each month so it wont feel like a long wait between figures, plus as I have 3 Filmation subs shipping was cheaper.

can't wait for icer, Batros, Shokoti, PLUNDOR!! Strongarm - is it because they never had figures that I want these so bad??

Are any UK customers still waiting on their map refund? I bank with Lloyds and haven't received mine yet.

Ive done the same , im hoping it cuts down on custom charges and the time in recieving the new figures

Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    Just rang my local depot to see if they had anything and they received a parcel today. £24.12 customs fee!

It may be Rammy and Jitsu, could be some other stuff I've ordered. Hmmm.

On a slightly different note, I emailed Mattel VIP and have requested that my shipping method be changed to DHL. I'll let you all knows how that goes!

Got my sub Fangman and King He-man this morning with no customs. Once again the relief is amazing.

Also or my map refund email come through.