Page 182 of 221 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5501

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    My Snake Face arrived with customs of £11.30,first time I've ever been charged for a single $25 figure, oh well, looking forward to him arriving.
    same here!

yet i got an early-access mosquitor 2 days ago customs-free and also my fang-man and king he-man boxed shipment arrived customs free a few weeks ago ...

puzzled as to how they work this out?? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I changed to DHL from February. It was all done via e-mail with a guy from Matty Collector VIP. The e-mails were responded to very quickly and I didn't have to make one call.

The only issue I had was that my Sub showed as Inactive on the My Subscriptions page for the first two months. They had to cancel it and re-open it a couple of times before they got it right.

To save hassle, I'd says
    it's been worth it. Financially, including a £12 customs charge and the increased shipping cost, Snake Face cost me over £50. The saving should come later in the year if I can combine my Filmation sub.

Also, the figures arrive astonishingly fast. For example, Snake Face was with me in 3 days. It would have been 2 but the customs charge caused a slight delay.

If you want to ensure that the figures arrive quickly and guaranteed, I'd say go for DHL. In previous years via International Post, I probably wouldn't even have Snake Face yet.

These figures are costing too much now as it is; with increased family commitments I may have to rethink 2014.
    But for now, as much as I love that we UK collectors have this thread, I'm glad I don't have to come on here as much to see how many others still haven't got our figures for that particular month. It's a lot less stressful!

I made the decision after many e-mails to and fro. They were quite helpful in assuaging my concerns and guaranteeing that I wouldn't miss any figures. Also, because it was the VIP e-mail, I got the same advisor (Brady) throughout the whole process. This was nice as it was consistent and when I did have an issue I didn't have to explain it all again because he knew the score.

Honestly, like most of us, I've had numerous issues with Mattel and Dr over the past 4 years but changing to DHL was one of the easier processes.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

£50 for Snake Face?
    That seems a little steep.

You said a £12 customs charge on the figure from DHL?

My custom charge from Royal Mail was £11.30.
    That's £3.30 in VAT and £8 handling fee.

If DHL only charge a fiver as a handling fee, that means they charged £7 in VAT.
    Which means it looks like they charge VAT on the cost of the item + the cost of the shipping.
    (which is what the should do according to the law, but I've never seen it done before).

If DHL are working out VAT based on the value of the item + shipping, instead of just the value of the item, then that would make my sums way off.... and it would make DHL a lot less attractive as an option compared to international shipping.

Does that sound right to you?

I've looked for the customs note attached to the box but I must've thrown it away when I reused the box. I've still got the DR slip from inside so I'll have another look for the DHL stuff and see the breakdown.
    The exact amount charged was £12.24. So they must be charging VAT on the shipping; can't think of another explanation.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulioscorchio View Post
    I've looked for the customs note attached to the box but I must've thrown it away when I reused the box. I've still got the DR slip from inside so I'll have another look for the DHL stuff and see the breakdown.
    The exact amount charged was £12.24. So they must be charging VAT on the shipping; can't think of another explanation.
    I paid £11.67 to DHL for my 2 Snake Faces
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I just got my Snake Face via DHL..no customs!!! Yah! makes a nice bloody change. Sure FFmen will make up for it though!
    Do like Snake face but I need to get another one..anybody??? lol

Just once it would be nice if something was straight forward, wouldn't it?

So it looks as though sometimes DHL charges VAT on the cost of the item, sometimes they charge it on the cost of the item + shipping, and sometimes they don't bother to charge it at all.

Anyone else care to share their DHL experiences?

Also got custom charge from Royal Mail of £11.30 for Snake Face, first time I've every been charged for a single figure
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

My Snake Face turned up last weekend via the Intl Post - customs free. While the DHL method seems to be a great service, no way would I want to pay £50 for a single fig! Too rich for my blood.....

I went to pay my custom charge and pick up SnakeFace today and the declared value says $28, it's a sub figure it should be $25, this is why I've been charged a customs fee for a single figure.
    What does everyone else's value say?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Interesting.

I'll check the box when I get back tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I went to pay my custom charge and pick up SnakeFace today and the declared value says $28, it's a sub figure it should be $25, this is why I've been charged a customs fee for a single figure.
    Okay - had a look on my box, and it does appear that the figure has been marked at $28.
    But then I got to thinking: why would it? The day-of-sale price is $27, not $28....

To be honest I think that the person who filled in the label suffered from florid handwriting.
    It seems that he's written $25, but the 5 is so showy that it looks like an 8.

That's annoying if it's the reason we were charged import duty this month when we wouldn't otherwise be... but on the other hand it's peversely comforting if it's the *only* reason we were charged and that $25 figures should still be slipping through.

I think, given everything we've discussed over the last few posts, that I'm going to hold off moving my postage option to DHL. It's too late for Karratti and the Foe Men now anyway, and the next few months are fairly lean and would be noticeably more expensive. I think I will order Rokkon and Stonedar via DHL just to see how it works, though.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Even if it said $25, you still should technically pay a customs charge, as that's over the value of £15, which is the customs limit. I've been hit with a customs charge every month this year so far.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Just wondering if anyone subbed up to the He-man DC comic - I bought the sub from DC and went with the international option obviously.
    Did anyone else do the same? Has anyone received the first comic yet?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Not had my comic yet either
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Warrior
    Still waiting for my Snakeface.

Widget
    Snakeface is sitting in the post office waiting for me to pay customs fee, comic arrived last week

Heroic Warrior
    Grr. £11.54 ransom for my Snakeface.

Update: DHL do indeed charge VAT on the full amount including shipping. Have received an invoice that confirms it.

Duplicate Snake Face was £12.08. &5 handling and £7.08 VAT.

Not good.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!

Anyone getting tomorrow as their arrival date for Red hordak? Supposedly my friend got a phone from DHL to pay a custom charge and its for delivery of red hordak. Will post pics if true but if so, that will be the fastest figure ever
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I have ordered the castle and never ordered anything from matty before,Does anyone roughly know how much the customs charge will be on this.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledak View Post
    I have ordered the castle and never ordered anything from matty before,Does anyone roughly know how much the customs charge will be on this.Thanks
    Brace yourself.

First of all add together the cost of the castle and the amount you paid in shipping together.
    Convert that from dollars into sterling via Google.

In addition to that, you will pay:

- An additional 20% of the value in VAT.
    - An additional 2.5% of the value in import duty (but this is waived if it comes to less than £9)
    - A flat handling fee to the courier which will either be £5 (DHL), £8 (Royal Mail), or £13 (Parcelforce)

If you're lucky, the VAT and import duty will be calculated on the cost of the Castle alone, and not the Castle + Shipping. But it's best to assume that you won't be lucky when it comes to saving up!

So, as an example... I paid $250 for Castle Grayskull and $94.30 in express DHL shipping.
    That's $344.30, or £224.24 by today's reckoning.

I'm going to pay another £44.85 (224.24*0.8) in VAT, but the value isn't enough to trigger a Duty charge.
    And then I'll pay another £5 on top of that to DHL as a handling fee.

Total amount payable: £274.09
    Total amount I'm saved so far: £80 (need to work on that!)

Finally have Snake Face. Can't believe he cost about £37. Really don't know how I can justify that amount for an action figure, I remember when I used to think £20 was ludicrous!

Could anyone tell me what the general re-sale price for Ram Man, Fang Man, and King He-Man is at the moment? Still need those 3, don't know whether to try and attain them now or wait it out.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Could anyone tell me what the general re-sale price for Ram Man, Fang Man, and King He-Man is at the moment? Still need those 3, don't know whether to try and attain them now or wait it out.
    Best bet would be to look at the closed listings. Though I'd be interested in hearing folks thoughts on selling King He-Man... I know he won't ever reach Shadow Weaver prices, but if I were to sell him is it best to do so now while there are still some collectors after him or will waiting it out mean he goes up in value? I need to get some cash back due to the amount in shipping it will cost me very soon!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

anyone tell me what time early access open today?

Karatti and the FFM arrived today. Customs? Nothing! Yet I paid £12 for Snake Face. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe they felt sorry for me.

Now to see if I can grab myself a Spirity of Hordak...
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!