Page 198 of 233 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 5805

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I still havent opened the Jet Sled (or Castaspella which I collected from RM after paying customs) Last night was GTA5 night!
    GTA5? My backlog of games is getting out of hand!
    ...hangs head in shame...

Still waiting for my copy of GTA5 to show up! Damn your cheap offers Amazon!
    Am also still waiting for my day of Sales Shokoti to turn up. Is anyone else?

I still havent opened the Jet Sled (or Castaspella which I collected from RM after paying customs) Last night was GTA5 night!
    You chose GTA over MOTU?! Someone kick him off the forum!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    You chose GTA over MOTU?! Someone kick him off the forum!
    I know!, but I blame DHL, they had me so worked up, I just had to go home and smash something up, I found a nice yellow van in the game

Tonight will be a MOTUC night
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Got my Jet Sled and Sky High via DHL today. Cost just under £70 including customs. The Sled is great, always wanted it as a kid. Sky High is a pretty standard figure but the joints are tight.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Jet Sled and Sky High showed up today. Really impressed.

Out of interest, has anyone else pre-ordered the Pop Culture Shock statue of Filmation He-Man and Orko? I chose the third payment option, as I figured it was best to get Grayskull and Christmas out the way first and then pay for the statue in March.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I'm still waiting for my DOS Shokoti and Castaspella. Used snail mail.

My Sky High and Jet Sled are already in the UK. Used dhl.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Jet Sled and Sky High showed up today. Really impressed.

Out of interest, has anyone else pre-ordered the Pop Culture Shock statue of Filmation He-Man and Orko? I chose the third payment option, as I figured it was best to get Grayskull and Christmas out the way first and then pay for the statue in March.
    I was tempted, but with 2 CG's and plently of Troopers plus a USA holiday next year, I hd to give it a miss

as mentioned before tonight was MOTUC night (Still no Batros)

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Still waiting on Castaspella here. It is with the slower shipping option but seems to be taking a little longer than usual.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Picked up my DOS Castaspella after paying the £13.09 customs, interestingly the enclosed invoice said Shokoti,who I've also ordered. I just hope I haven't been sent two Casta's by mistake. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

My two jet sleds arrived this afternoon, they're perfect.
    Last edited by Battle Armoured; September 20, 2013 at 08:06pm. Reason: typo
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

So Received a custom note to pay £11.49 for Castaspella so in total she'll of cost about £36! Used slower shipping method. Should of just used eBay!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Plans for the October Sale

So, October's going to be a bit product-heavy to say the least.

I have a Mantenna, Lord Dactys, Nepthu and a Horde Trooper pack coming via the sub
    (that's the sort of parcel I wish was coming DHL!)

I also want to pick up an End of Wars Weapons Pak and a further two Horde Trooper sets.
    The Weapons Pak will be on sale via Early Access on the 14th... the Horde Troopers not until the following day.

Has anyone else decided how they're going to address is this little dilemma.

I want to get those Horde Trooper sets sent DHL. Financially, there's very little difference. My quandry is do I buy the Weapons Pak during Early Access, or do I wait and buy it with the troopers on the 15th? I could just snag the Weapons Pak on Monday, choose the cheap shipping and be sure that it'll arrive without any customs fees. But then, I have to wait longer dammit!

What do we think: is the Weapons Pak likely to sell out in Early Access? Surely it won't...

I'm thinking that if this years weapons pak is like last years then getting it won't be a problem, so I'm gonna take the risk and try and get it along with some extra Horde troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I have a Mantenna, Lord Dactys, Nepthu and a Horde Trooper pack coming via the sub
    I've sent an email to Matty about this. As some folks might know, I've been having my sub shipped to a USA based friend, but with October having so much and the fact it includes Horde Troopers and Mantenna I've changed my shipping address for the figures to come direct to me (which allowed me to via the My Subscriptions page) However since you can't change your shipping method supposedly... not sure where that leaves my sub I've sent them an email for them to change the shipping method to DHL. No way I'm waiting to get the Horde Troopers and Mantenna as they are worth paying the inevitable customs fees for!

I also want to pick up an End of Wars Weapons Pak and a further two Horde Trooper sets.
    The Weapons Pak will be on sale via Early Access on the 14th... the Horde Troopers not until the following day.
    I very much doubt the Weapons Pak will be an instant sell out. Kowl is popular, but NOT THAT popular. I think the question is do you want to be faffing about adding the Weapons Pak to your order whilst scrambling to secure your Horde Troopers? I think you will have no problems getting the Weapons Pak regardless.

I have a friend ordering extras, so my extra Mantenna will be ordered with his stuff. I'm undecided on the Weapons Pak as I'd prefer Filmation Kowl to be honest.

I want to get those Horde Trooper sets sent DHL. Financially, there's very little difference. My quandry is do I buy the Weapons Pak during Early Access, or do I wait and buy it with the troopers on the 15th? I could just snag the Weapons Pak on Monday, choose the cheap shipping and be sure that it'll arrive without any customs fees. But then, I have to wait longer dammit!
    If it were me I'd order it with the Horde Troopers. If you were ordering Mantenna too (which will probably be an instant sell out) then I'd say different. I doubt the Horde Troopers will sell out in minutes (though they probably will only last an hour or so I bet) So long as your online as soon as the sale starts I think you should be ok.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I'm assuming that the Weapons Pak won't sell out in early access so will get it along with my extra Horde Troopers. Bit silly that you have to play these sorts of guessing games.

I'm not going to tempt fate at this stage by asking Matty to change my shipping preference.
    I'll get the extra Horde Troopers quick enough... and Grayskull is coming by DHL.
    As much as it hurts to wait for Mantenna and Dactys, I'll manage somehow!

I think you're all right about the Weapons Pak.
    Fingers crossed for the 15th!

I'm not going to tempt fate at this stage by asking Matty to change my shipping preference.
    I'll get the extra Horde Troopers quick enough... and Grayskull is coming by DHL.
    As much as it hurts to wait for Mantenna and Dactys, I'll manage somehow!
    Got a reply back from Matty and my shipping will be changed to DHL within the next 2 business days. They asked for the last 4 digits of my credit card, expiry date and security code as well as confirmation of shipping/billing address. Hopefully it will go through ok... well they have around 18 days to sort it so it should.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

What do we think: is the Weapons Pak likely to sell out in Early Access? Surely it won't...

If I were you I'd take the chance and wait to get it all shipped together - can't see the Weapons pack selling out in EA - the last one hung around for ever. I was gutted last year as purchased the weapons pack day of then a month later it was in the Mad Matty sale!

Actually same boat. slow shipping on the sub items cos I'm not convinced DR would get the change right, so leaving as is.

Also agree about WP, I'm going for EA + slow shipping and then 5 packs of Troopers on the day by DHL - I think the pack will last but I don't want to waste time trying to order 2 different items during the chaos that will be Oct 15th.

And an update on Batros... he's gone, officially lost by DHL. Claim for replacement x3(if they are availble)/refund between DHL's Customer Services and Digital River has begun

Is anybody else still waiting for a sub Castaspella? As its now been more than a month and a week since it was shipped I'm starting to fear that its been lost. And my Shokoti had a customs fee of £17 which was an utter disgrace.

Court Magician
    Hey guys -
    First time poster, but long time lurker.
    Tempted to Sub, unsure of the total costs with shipping to UK and the different monthly/quarterly options (plus the customs charges)
    I've got the Club Filmation sub and have been stung with customs for Shokoti (luckily Icer made it through) - plus I buy alot of the day of sales. So I think I might sub, but I want to know the estimate costs. I've heard alot of people saying that DHL works out better than standard mail, but they still get stung on customs.
    Would any of you who have subbed for '14 be able to tell me the total cost for the year, and which shipping option you went for?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if this has been already discussed.

ps - sgmilne - my day of Casta turned up on Friday (had to pay the Royal Mail ransom though) - awesome figure

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Hey guys -
    Tempted to Sub, unsure of the total costs with shipping to UK and the different monthly/quarterly options (plus the customs charges)
    I've got the Club Filmation sub and have been stung with customs for Shokoti (luckily Icer made it through) - plus I buy alot of the day of sales. So I think I might sub, but I want to know the estimate costs. I've heard alot of people saying that DHL works out better than standard mail, but they still get stung on customs.
    Would any of you who have subbed for '14 be able to tell me the total cost for the year, and which shipping option you went for?

ps - sgmilne - my day of Casta turned up on Friday (had to pay the Royal Mail ransom though) - awesome figure
    Welcome aboard!

If it helps, I estimated the complete cost of all the options for the 2014 (including the cost of the toys + postage + VAT + import handling fees) on page 186 of this thread. Blackiecats was good enough to point out the error in my maths for International Express (Quarterly) so these are the revised figures:

International Post (Monthly):
    - $981.38 per annum

International Express (Monthly):
    - $1140.80 per annum

International Post (Quarterly):
    - $909.52 per annum

International Express (Quarterly):
    - $890.19 per annum

Those figures are based on the assumption that everything that should be charged import fees will be charged import fees (which may not happen with International Post, but I think you have to assume it will when budgeting).

I'm going for International Express Quarterly (DHL). By my estimate I have to make sure I put aside about £47 per month to cover the cost of the sub. Of course, that's now... any items sold outside of the sub, or any additional subs will revise that upward.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Hey guys -

Welcome to the boards! If you go back a few pages in the thread there is an approximate calculation of the cost of the 2014 subscription.

I, like a lot of people, subbed for 2014 with the quarterly DHL option.

edit: Neil beat me to it!

And an update on Batros... he's gone, officially lost by DHL. Claim for replacement x3(if they are availble)/refund between DHL's Customer Services and Digital River has begun
    That sucks! Infact I'm shocked that would happen with the more expensive and tracked shipping! I'm quite sure Matty should be able to send you replacements, but if not I have a spare Though like I said I'm sure that they will have plenty of CS stock for replacements anyway.

Court Magician
    While we're on the subject of Postage, weighing up the postage options for next year I'm tempted to go the el cheapo postage method to keep the costs down, the only concern I have is if anything gets lost. In practice how many of you have got figures lost on the way to you that never turned up. It looks like DHL isn't foolproof either after poor Nianotreve's Batroses (Batri ?) shenanegens !