Page 199 of 226 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5627

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Court Magician
    Thank you for this.
    So, at current exchange rates, the quarterly international express will be about £554 (or as you said, £46ish per month) - I just wanna make sure I get that right.

How does it work with billing? Do they take any now or do they wait until Jan?

Thanks again for the info & sorry again if this is all repetition for you.

If the add-on sub is Filmation or POP then I'll definitely be getting that too!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay - I've subbed for 2014. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Looking forward to the figures, let's hope the second half of the year is as strong as the first.

Am I right in thinking the first quarterly parcel will include; Two Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, Modulok, Unnamed One and Blade?

Blade is April so I'm assuming he'll be in my second quarterly package.

1st Q: Two Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, Modulok, Unamed One.

2nd Q: Blade, Scorpia, Extendar, Battle Lion.

I am already excited about those packages arriving!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Welcome Horizon, I also have gone for the quarterly shipping by DHL for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    That sucks! Infact I'm shocked that would happen with the more expensive and tracked shipping! I'm quite sure Matty should be able to send you replacements, but if not I have a spare Though like I said I'm sure that they will have plenty of CS stock for replacements anyway.
    Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know, hopefully DR will have some and it wont be too much trouble getting him resent

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    While we're on the subject of Postage, weighing up the postage options for next year I'm tempted to go the el cheapo postage method to keep the costs down, the only concern I have is if anything gets lost. In practice how many of you have got figures lost on the way to you that never turned up. It looks like DHL isn't foolproof either after poor Nianotreve's Batroses (Batri ?) shenanegens !
    True, but I also had packages not turn up with Royal Mail (twice I think it's happened, over the 4 years) had to wait about 8 weeks before making a claim and that was also in the days of higher stock quantities
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

My subscriptions have now been changed to DHL shipping for the October items! What they did was submit a NEW combined order for my Mantenna, Horde Troopers, Lord Dactus and 2x Nepthu. It's in my order history as order submitted and says it will not ship until after the release date 11th October. My original subscriptions have been cancelled, which I've got confirmation of and they state inactive on the My Subs page (which is correct since the new sub order won't appear on the My Subs page until the October initial order ships) Similiar to when you first order a subscription and the sub only appears on the My Subs page once the first figure has shipped

DHL shipping worked out at $54.35, and if you count Horde Troopers as 2 figures that's $9.06 per figure! Not bad at all and even less than the old shipping price of $9.95 per figure! Plus getting them within 2-3 days will be worth the £25 or so customs fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    It looks like DHL isn't foolproof either after poor Nianotreve's Batroses (Batri ?) shenanegens !
    Yes, but the parcel is tracked/insured with DHL so your guaranteed replacements One of the main reasons why I changed my shipping to DHL for the Mantenna/Horde Troopers month
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

As each day passes without Castaspella showing up, I get more and more annoyed with Toyguru's "If you didn't pick DHL then you can get stuffed if your order goes missing" stance. He truly is the king of customer relations isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    As each day passes without Castaspella showing up, I get more and more annoyed with Toyguru's "If you didn't pick DHL then you can get stuffed if your order goes missing" stance. He truly is the king of customer relations isn't he?
    Don't think that using DHL will gauruntee it either (I used to) DR are disputing my claim (see previous posts above) as the DHL website shows it was delivered (which it was, just not to me)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

So if something goes missing in the mail via slow shipping, that's it, you're screwed, no replacement?
    That's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Don't think that using DHL will gauruntee it either (I used to) DR are disputing my claim (see previous posts above) as the DHL website shows it was delivered (which it was, just not to me)
    Then DHL are gonna have to either get your package back or compensate you for the loss. I'd keep on at both.
    10 figures I still need: 10/Peekablue, 9/Sssqueeze, 8/Lizard Man, 7/Hunga the Harpy, 6/Gwildor, 5/Filmation Clawful, 4/Mermista, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Evil Master of D&B
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    My subscriptions have now been changed to DHL shipping for the October items!
    I've done the same. I was thinking about it and after reading your posts went for it! I have two Club Eternia and two Club Filmation subscriptions so ten figures coming in one parcel seemed too risky without tracking/insurance. I also suspect shipping via 'International Post' for that many figures costs more than by DHL so am glad I've changed it. With four figures due in both November and December (one for each sub), I'm happy to stick with DHL for the remainder of the year as it'll only cost about four more dollars a month...

Quote Originally Posted by switcha View Post
    I've done the same. I was thinking about it and after reading your posts went for it! I have two Club Eternia and two Club Filmation subscriptions so ten figures coming in one parcel seemed too risky without tracking/insurance. I also suspect shipping via 'International Post' for that many figures costs more than by DHL so am glad I've changed it. With four figures due in both November and December (one for each sub), I'm happy to stick with DHL for the remainder of the year as it'll only cost about four more dollars a month...
    Yep I believe DHL works out around the same price for 3 figures as International Post. 4 figures and DHL becomes cheaper, so I think you were wise to change your subs to DHL. I have 1 main sub and 2x Filmation subs, so 3 figures will ship in November and December so it should work out around the same as International Post for shipping, plus DHL's handling charge is cheaper than Royal Mail (£5 vs £8) Since I ALWAYS get stuck with customs VAT, just no point having them shipped by the cheaper shipping at all to wait 4-5 weeks and pay at least £3 more in fees!

Court Magician
    Just wondering, has anyone received their Batros or Sky High/Sky Sled by slow shipping yet?

I'm expecting Batros this week hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone received their Batros or Sky High/Sky Sled by slow shipping yet?
    Not yet :-/
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Judging by the length of time my last few parcels have taken I'm expecting mine just in time for Christmas.

Guys, can anyone give me clear instruction about how much they are setting aside for castle grayskull and when they expect it to come off? I have a friend purchasing mine and want to give him roughly the amount for item and shipping before it comes out of his account! Any help would be appreciated.

He has ordered 2 and I'm paying half. Not concerned about customs just now, just how much he needs to order to go through
    Last edited by vid.tracey; October 8, 2013 at 02:57am.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

I pre-ordered the castle ($250) and with shipping, it came to $344. With today's exchange rate, that equates to around £214.
    [http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/]

Add on another £18+ for when customs screw you.

Grayskull will also likely get charged customs Duty as well Glad I didn't order it!

Evil Master of D&B
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Add on another £18+ for when customs screw you.
    I think the customs charge will be more like £50 including the handling fee.

Batros and Sky High just arrived, no charge!

Got my 3 replacement Batro.. er Batreese (must be Goose/Geese) for the lost DHL ones finally.

I do not want to go through that again, on the plus side I now know 7 people by name at DHL including a manager, senior CS rep and all their directlines, and at least 2 of them recognise me and know me by name when I go to collect from my local depot!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Batros just arrived without customs fee via cheapo post. Great figure but daftest real name yet.....Wiley????
    Hope you like him Rodster!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Court Magician
    My Batros arrived today too.... No customs fee - first one since Icer to slip through.
    Really really like this figure.

- - - Updated - - -

My Batros arrived today too.... No customs fee - first one since Icer to slip through.
    Really really like this figure.

Skyhigh and jet sled arrived today aswell no customs

Court Magician
    Got Batros today with no customs today. No sign of my Sky High yet.