Page 204 of 231 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 5760

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

2 customs notes showed up yesterday - both for £20.37 ...

now, as i have previously posted on here - i had a long drawn out saga with my FFM/karatti shipment (the july subscription order - i believe?) ... which seemingly got lost in the post ... having contacted mattel to say i hadn't received anything for 2 months, they shipped me a replacement order FOC ... and then that didn't show up either!!! ...

i've got a feeling that these 2 cards are for my FFM/karatti shipments - as why would 2 show up for the same charge? ... plus the customs charges on the cards don't seem to correlate with what you guys are being charged for the horde troopers/dactys/mantenna shipments ...

i have a fellow he-fan waiting on karatii, and i also secured a sale for the FFM but since the original and replacement shipments didn't show up - the buyer has now gone elsewhere to secure a FFM set ...

my dilemma is now that i will be stuck with 2 FFM sets, and i really don't want to pay customs for them - id rather just send them back! ... is there anyway i can check what the shipments are before i pay? ...

anyone have any thoughts on this? ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    2 customs notes showed up yesterday - both for £20.37 ...

now, as i have previously posted on here - i had a long drawn out saga with my FFM/karatti shipment (the july subscription order - i believe?) ... which seemingly got lost in the post ... having contacted mattel to say i hadn't received anything for 2 months, they shipped me a replacement order FOC ... and then that didn't show up either!!! ...

i've got a feeling that these 2 cards are for my FFM/karatti shipments - as why would 2 show up for the same charge? ... plus the customs charges on the cards don't seem to correlate with what you guys are being charged for the horde troopers/dactys/mantenna shipments ...

i have a fellow he-fan waiting on karatii, and i also secured a sale for the FFM but since the original and replacement shipments didn't show up - the buyer has now gone elsewhere to secure a FFM set ...

my dilemma is now that i will be stuck with 2 FFM sets, and i really don't want to pay customs for them - id rather just send them back! ... is there anyway i can check what the shipments are before i pay? ...

That's a tricky one, Tom. I wouldn't want you to send back the Horde Troopers by mistake! :/ I guess it could be them...three FFM and Karatti = four figures. Two Horde Troopers, Dactus and Mantenna = four figures...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

In the past I've had charges on unknown parcels and I've been able to see the box before deciding to pay any charges. I'm doubtful, however, that they'd actually let you open the package to check the contents. Nothing to lose by asking, I guess!

If they are both FFM/Karatti parcels, then that would mean you got one set free since it was a replacement. Though having a customs fee on the replacement set is odd since it should have a zero value since it's a replacement...

I'd just pay the charges on both, claim back the customs charge back on the 2nd set (the invoice should be proof they were replacements) Then if you sell both sets, you should at least break even. I wouldn't rely on them going back and getting a refund. With International Post, they are more likely to get lost, especially with the post starting to get busy on the run up to christmas.

As for what they definitely are, since both are worth $100 it would be impossible to tell if it's the FFM/Karatti or October stuff. £20.37 does sound about right as 20% of $100 = $20/£12.37 +£8 handling fee = £20.37

So maybe it's 2x FFM or 1x FFM and 1x Horde Troopers?

and I think the reason why some folks have paid more is because they also had their Filmation sub figure shipped with their Club Eternia sub.

My gut feeling is one is FFM/Karatti and the other one is Horde Troopers/Dactus/Mantenna. Like I said, if one is the FFM replacement, the invoice inside should have a zero value, so you should be able to claim those fees back on that one
    Last edited by blackiecats; November 17, 2013 at 04:19pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Got my Sea Hawk's from DHL yesterday, decent figure, nothing special. Customs inc handling was £18.99.

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Can I ask how much are people putting aside, in pounds, for castle grayskull next Wednesday?
    Had a chat with the girl on the desk about CG coming shortly, and while she said it was only an estimate, it would be about £50 C&H on a $250 item via DHL
    Last edited by Nianotreve; November 19, 2013 at 08:04am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Can I ask how much are people putting aside, in pounds, for castle grayskull next Wednesday?
    My Grayskull (including shipping) was about $350. That's about £220.
    20% VAT and DHL's £5 handling on top of that ups the price to £269... so that's about what I'm expecting.

Even Grayskull isn't expensive enough to trigger a Duty payment.

Just checked my account £214.14 has been pre-authorised for Castle Grayskull. Can't wait to get this no idea where its going yet

My figures showed up yesterday, though I'm a bit disappointed with Sea Hawk for reasons already discussed. Wish his jacket didn't make him look so big, but oh well. Although Geldor is slightly on the plain side I'm a sucker for obscure characters like these. Plus he gave me a reason to read the old mini comic again which I enjoyed.

Also been billed for the castle which is exciting. Hopefully it will show up in time for Christmas.

Just recieved the custom manhole cover for castle grayskull,just need the castle now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

By some miracle the Grayskull charge arrived at such a time yesterday so that's it's on the Nov-Dec credit card bill, rather than the Oct-Nov one which - due to some unexpected bills - was pretty much at its limit. Can now relax and wait the shipping email.

Really need to order one of those manhole covers. Would it really have cost Mattel that much to include something similar with the castle?

The charge for Grayskull (£214.12) has appeared on my credit card!
    Hopefully will get a shipping email in the next few days.

The Castle will beat this month's orders to my door.
    Hard to credit that the next parcel I'm going to get from Matty will be Castle Grayskull.

Have those who have been charged for the castle had emails as well? I've heard nothing so far...

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    Have those who have been charged for the castle had emails as well? I've heard nothing so far...
    I'm still waiting for an email too

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    If the payment has processed ok, the first thing you'll hear from Matty is a dispatch email which'll happen sometime over the next few weeks.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    I believe it's "no news is good news" - only those who have had a problem are getting emails.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    My original order was cancelled - so I'm just waiting for my new order to come through - feeling really nervous about this, hopefully they charge the correct card I have given them too.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    That's a tricky one, Tom. I wouldn't want you to send back the Horde Troopers by mistake! :/ I guess it could be them...three FFM and Karatti = four figures. Two Horde Troopers, Dactus and Mantenna = four figures...
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    In the past I've had charges on unknown parcels and I've been able to see the box before deciding to pay any charges. I'm doubtful, however, that they'd actually let you open the package to check the contents. Nothing to lose by asking, I guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    If they are both FFM/Karatti parcels, then that would mean you got one set free since it was a replacement. Though having a customs fee on the replacement set is odd since it should have a zero value since it's a replacement...

I'd just pay the charges on both, claim back the customs charge back on the 2nd set (the invoice should be proof they were replacements) Then if you sell both sets, you should at least break even. I wouldn't rely on them going back and getting a refund. With International Post, they are more likely to get lost, especially with the post starting to get busy on the run up to christmas.

As for what they definitely are, since both are worth $100 it would be impossible to tell if it's the FFM/Karatti or October stuff. £20.37 does sound about right as 20% of $100 = $20/£12.37 +£8 handling fee = £20.37

So maybe it's 2x FFM or 1x FFM and 1x Horde Troopers?

and I think the reason why some folks have paid more is because they also had their Filmation sub figure shipped with their Club Eternia sub.

My gut feeling is one is FFM/Karatti and the other one is Horde Troopers/Dactus/Mantenna. Like I said, if one is the FFM replacement, the invoice inside should have a zero value, so you should be able to claim those fees back on that one
    thanks for the info guys ... turns out the 2nd customs note was a DUPLICATE!!

it was infact for my mantenna/horde troopers/lord dactys subscription package - so at least the mystery is solved!!! ...

i guess my FFM and karatti packages are just lost in the Bermuda Triangle - never to be seen again!!!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Duplicate?! So you could have ended up paying customs twice?!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Just phoned my credit card company and my Castle pre authorisation went through ok. £213.23 on the 19th Nov. Great stuff. Now if they would only ship it before I move house!!!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Just checked my online banking and my CG charge is still pending.. At the same time on my history page at Matty it says 'order in process' so not sure if it's normal, or if I should address this with someone somewhere.. 8-/

edit: so I called my bank and they said the transaction is authorized and they're waiting for the money to be 'claimed' so it looks like everything is on the right track and as soon as Matty / Digital River is ready to 'collect' they can do so! :-)

So... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :-D

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x1600.jpg

Edit 2: so my pending charge came and gone, there is no sign of it and my matty history page still says it is processing my order.. Not sure what to do about it..
    Last edited by robaczek; November 26, 2013 at 03:54pm.
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    checked the bank today no preauthorisation, plus no email so ive sent an email to customer services hoping for update
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by maltesefalcon View Post
    checked the bank today no preauthorisation, plus no email so ive sent an email to customer services hoping for update
    And what's the status of your order at Matty?
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    spoke to customer services said payment authorisation had gone through dont know why my bank said it hadnt
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I looked up my order which says 'order in process'. I'm assuming that unless I get an email to tell me that it failed, my castle will ship when ready... ...or am I placing too much trust in Digital River?

So just to make sure... the flash sales will be happening from 5-10pm our time, correct?
    My internet's been slow this week so think I'm going to head to Uni so I can use their faster connection
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration