Page 279 of 290 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 7228

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm not worried about customs as I never had a package get stuck with them.
    Wow. Incredibly lucky. Especially stuff coming from the States as most (everyone I've dealt with at least) refuses to mark the value lower. Every single parcel I've had from that country has been collared. China, Japan and Hong Kong however sail straight through and they're always quicker too. Record is two days from order to delivery from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
    Wow. Incredibly lucky. Especially stuff coming from the States as most (everyone I've dealt with at least) refuses to mark the value lower. Every single parcel I've had from that country has been collared. China, Japan and Hong Kong however sail straight through and they're always quicker too. Record is two days from order to delivery from Japan.
    No I didn't mean I never pay customs fees. I meant my packages do not get held up for weeks and seem to go through customs quite kick whether there is a charge applied or not
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Hi guys,

Postage rates for shipping direct from Power Con are up.

Shipping for one set of all three figures will cost $67.50 from Power Con.
    Two sets will set you back $94

So if you only want to get one set of the exclusives (like me) then getting them from Germany instead of Power Con will work out about £17 cheaper.
    If you want two sets then the German option will be £34 cheaper.

Do check my maths, but I'm confident enough to get them from Grayskull Con like last year.
    Last edited by Neil; April 7, 2018 at 05:20pm.

Hmmmm, maybe I’ll try that option this year.
    Although I’d like to see if BBTS will have them also, as they can work out cheaper if you also happen to be ordering other stuff.

BBTS will probably sell these for close to $80 each as the mark up is usually higher on exclusives. It does indeed look like the German distributor is the cheaper option for me as well. I do still have concerns though if you end up with figures with two left legs or very poor paint apps. It doesn't help that these figures are being rushed through production either. It really is a gamble this time with these exclusives isn't it?

At least with Power-Con they might replace a figure that is completely broken but the German distributor (whose profit margin on reselling these must be quite small) can't help you if that happens.

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I don't know what to do with these, I'd like to have seen another set of figures in peoples hands so we can see what QC updates there've been before I put yet more money into this line.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post

At least with Power-Con they might replace a figure that is completely broken but the German distributor (whose profit margin on reselling these must be quite small) can't help you if that happens.
    Totalły get the reseller not dealing with returns as it’s not worth the hassle for them, but if we got a broken or defective figure surely Super7 or Power Con would accept responsibility for it?
    If I paid £50 for a broken figure and they wouldn’t return it I can’t imagine I’d want to make any future purchases after that.

I probably will just take the chance though as I’ve never had any huge unfixable issues so hopefully it’d be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Totalły get the reseller not dealing with returns as it’s not worth the hassle for them, but if we got a broken or defective figure surely Super7 or Power Con would accept responsibility for it?
    If I paid £50 for a broken figure and they wouldn’t return it I can’t imagine I’d want to make any future purchases after that.

I probably will just take the chance though as I’ve never had any huge unfixable issues so hopefully it’d be fine.
    Not if you order from the German option as it's clearly stated in their terms. Power-Con also state they won't deal with returns unless the issue is a major one like broken parts. I think issues like paint smudges and poorly painted apps your stuck with.

I usually buy extras to trade or sell, but I don't think it's worth the risk in doing that with these. I might just order one set and maybe an extra Trollan 2-pack.

That’s what I meant, a broken figure... not bad paint apps, loose limbs, or anything ‘fixable’, a figure that is irreparably damaged in some way.

That’s what I meant, a broken figure... not bad paint apps, loose limbs, or anything ‘fixable’, a figure that is irreparably damaged in some way.
    Yes but the German option won't even deal with that as it's stated in their terms. Power-Con might replace in that situation if they have any spares left.

The only option where your totally covered is BBTS, but your paying a lot more for that privilege.

I know that. I think you missed the point of my first post on the matter.
    IF I go with the German re-seller, I know that they won’t replace any defects, but IF I got a broken figure from them (not a dud in terms of paint apps or whatever but a defective, broken figure - leg snapped off or whatever), I would hope that Power Con or Super7 would accept some responsibility and do what they could to replace it.
    I would be very disappointed if they didn’t and it would certainly affect my decision to buy anything from them in the future.

Anyway, I’m sure it wouldn’t come to that and hopefully we all get perfect figures, wherever we order from!

I know it won't help replace defective figures, but if you order on credit card and figures are broken, then you could claim against the credit card payment...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hi guys,

Postage rates for shipping direct from Power Con are up.

Shipping for one set of all three figures will cost $67.50 from Power Con.
    Two sets will set you back $94

So if you only want to get one set of the exclusives (like me) then getting them from Germany instead of Power Con will work out about £17 cheaper.
    If you want two sets then the German option will be £34 cheaper.

Do check my maths, but I'm confident enough to get them from Grayskull Con like last year.
    The $202 shipped for one set does not include import duties though. Minimum 20% on top takes the price from £143 (the $202) to £171

The Grayskull price is Ä170 (52 per figure, and 14 shipping). No import duty so the cost will be £148.

So for a set, shout be at least £23 cheaper. The import duty at 20% doesnít include the handling fee either, so could be higher?

For two figures is works out £124 from Power-Con Vs £111 from Grayskull.

Of course, someone should check my maths before making a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either way it’s crazy expensive!

I’m not sure I can stomach paying £25 for a Trollan haha

It is crazy expensive, but it's only half as crazy expensive as last year. So there is that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    The $202 shipped for one set does not include import duties though. Minimum 20% on top takes the price from £143 (the $202) to £171

The Grayskull price is €170 (52 per figure, and 14 shipping). No import duty so the cost will be £148.

So for a set, shout be at least £23 cheaper. The import duty at 20% doesn’t include the handling fee either, so could be higher?

For two figures is works out £124 from Power-Con Vs £111 from Grayskull.

Of course, someone should check my maths before making a decision.

Your maths looks fine to me! Based on today's exchange rates from Google:

One set of figures from Grayskullcon is 156 Euros for the figures + 14 Euros for postage. No import fee. Total = 170 Euros or £148.25

One set of figures through Powercon is $135 for the figures + $67.50 for the postage. Import duty on is 20% of $135 ($27) plus a handling fee that I'm going to assume is £8. It might be more. Total cost of Powercon figures is $229.50 + £8 or £170.49

Saving on getting one set from Germany is £22.24

I think the really important question is which would arrive soonest, powercon or German reseller?

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I think the really important question is which would arrive soonest, powercon or German reseller?
    Emailed them, and they said that the exclusives need to ship to the States, then to Germany. So probably a shade faster direct from power con?

Then again Grayskull May get theirs shipped first as theyíll have a big order?

Donít think thereíll be much in it.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Just ordered mine from Grayskullcon - 4 (1 full set of each plus one extra figure) inc postage 224 euro (£201.62)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    Exactly the same thing here, second set that I didnít order arrived today and got the delivered email as well.
    I have another customs charge! Hmmmm...

I know that. I think you missed the point of my first post on the matter.
    IF I go with the German re-seller, I know that they won’t replace any defects, but IF I got a broken figure from them (not a dud in terms of paint apps or whatever but a defective, broken figure - leg snapped off or whatever), I would hope that Power Con or Super7 would accept some responsibility and do what they could to replace it.
    I would be very disappointed if they didn’t and it would certainly affect my decision to buy anything from them in the future.

Anyway, I’m sure it wouldn’t come to that and hopefully we all get perfect figures, wherever we order from!
    I understood what you were saying, but no Power-Con or Super7 won't replace anything sold by a secondary market vendor, otherwise you'd have figures bought from BBTS being entitled to the same privelage. Grayskull Con are Power-Con's customer and NOT the individual that buys them from Grayskull Con. Power-Con will simply say contact Grayskull Con since that is who you paid for your figures and their disclaimer states that they won't issue refunds for/or replace defective figures (not even broken ones).

- - - Updated - - -

It is indeed very expensive, especially when you also consider these figures don't include any accessories (only possibly flight stands for the Trollans...) However I look at them and say this is the only way we are going to get these Filmation versions and 100% new tools like the Trollans. What with Mattel dumping the line, delays with Wave 1, QC issues and disappointment with Wave 1 then the line might be on borrowed time. I'd sooner pay £50 for Filmation Spikor now because once the line has ended I won't be paying anything for MOTUC or any other action figures since these are the only thing I actively collect.

Spikor and Chopper are definately at the bottom of the list in regards to popularity and appearances in the cartoon and without them being Power-Con exclusives, probably would not have made it into the line considering there are still so many Filmation Evil Warriors and Horde members still to come. I guess getting them made right now is worth the extra cost than them sitting at the bottom of the road map.

Reading the power-con info, seems like they are going to be just as unlikely to replace or refund defective figures too though. And buying through power-con is still not buying from S7.

So I donít know. Sick of giving couriers handling fees on top of the postage paid already. The Grayskull dudes seem really friendly, and answered my email almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    So I donít know. Sick of giving couriers handling fees on top of the postage paid already. The Grayskull dudes seem really friendly, and answered my email almost immediately.
    I'll very likely go with Grayskull Con as well and just cross my fingers I get decent figures. I'll likely keep them boxed anyway so I just hope for good face paint apps as I can live with small splodges anywhere else on the figure. I also like the fact that the figures are the same price and you don't have to order in sets of 3 to get a discount. Otherwise the OCD freak in me would be tempted to buy them in complete sets rather than add individual extras!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Urgh 🤮
    Iíve just had a reminder for £67.00 from FedEx! I didnít even get the invoice.

Guess I wasnít so lucky afterall
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Urgh ��
    I’ve just had a reminder for £67.00 from FedEx! I didn’t even get the invoice.

Guess I wasn’t so lucky afterall
    Oh dear. I haven't had mine yet.... was beginning to think I'd got away with it.
    Guess it's just a matter of time.

Ordered my power con set through grayskull con. Canít wait. Hope they come before Christmas!