Page 294 of 296 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296 LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 7386

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I've ordered slime pit he man from space figuren but he's worked out at about 90 quid!
    Me too, and the movie He-Man and Skeletor. But at least you donít pay the preorder until itís in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Got my invoice too. Now I just have to find some money to pay for it!

Bummed I missed out on Slime He-Man.
    Maybe email space figuren and see if they have a waiting list. Their preorders are free, so maybe more people will cancel when they arrive than if they were pre paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Slime He-Man available again at Space and BBTS.
    Some people are bound to cancel their pre-orders before these toys ship.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Maybe email space figuren and see if they have a waiting list. Their preorders are free, so maybe more people will cancel when they arrive than if they were pre paid.
    They did briefly have a reserve list, but it was closed quickly. Always worth rechecking though.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I've ordered slime pit he man from space figuren but he's worked out at about 90 quid!
    It's getting ridiculous with those extortionate prices, I will sooner see this line die than to pay that much for yet another 'repaint'! I mean seriously! Anyone remember the price of Castle Greyskull?? Kudos to those who don't have to concern themselves with things like Family or monthly budgets, I am not in this group however so I voted with my wallet and skipped everything for the first time. Enough is enough 8-/

Ps
    I hope you will enjoy your figure when it arrives ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Yeah it's getting to that point where it's becoming really, really hard to justify the price of these figures. Especially repaints/variants/figures not of the highest quality.

I always thought I'd just be all in on everything until the line died but I've had to skip a few items recently.
    If I was a wealthy man it wouldn't be an issue but paying more than a day's wages for clear green version of a figure I already have is a hard pill to swallow!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Widget
    I’m in for the next club greyskull wave as it’s all fully paid off now but think that’s my lot after she-ra just arrived and she’s such a disappointment, despite having low expectations

I have everything except a couple of the first powercon exclusives from 2008 through to now, but just can’t justify it any more
    It’s been a great ride
    I will buy snake mountain I will crumble for that, but I think I’m done on figures now.

Didn’t order any of the movie wave, they are cool and all, but despite watching in the cinema on release, having all the stickers in the collect & swap sticker book, the toys..etc etc its the original cartoon and figures that were dear to my childhood (and adulthood)

I have more figures than I can cope with, army builders of troopers, robots, snake men, palace guards and soooo many unique figures I could only dream of as a child

I thank super 7 for the effort in trying to carry on the line, and some of the unique tooling has been above Mattel, but I’ll go out with a nice fuzzy feeling this way rather than become more bitter about the figures I used to buy for $20 all those years ago and didn’t think about it compared to the price they are now after shipping and import duty - you don’t get lucky with uk import duty when there are packs anymore (or at least I haven’t in years now)

To drop the ball so bad on she-ra and deny/gloss over it...
    Even if they hadn’t done this my most wanted are all done now, can’t think of anyone from the cartoons or other media that would get me to jump in again

I'll pick up a Toxie when he comes out but slime pit he man is the last masters of the universe figure for me, I can't justify that price though. My wave 3 CG figures and ultimate he man turned up today, all look ok though I've not opened them yet, he man is definitely getting a matte coating though, I might put one on the others as well.
    Last edited by felgekarp; April 21, 2019 at 07:06am.

I’m so sad that people are losing interest

I know it’s expensive, and there have been issues... but it just feels like a golden age is ending.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I’m so sad that people are losing interest

I know it’s expensive, and there have been issues... but it just feels like a golden age is ending.
    Well, we had a good run and it was fun while it lasted. What more a fan can ask for?
    Last edited by robaczek; May 2, 2019 at 03:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    Well, we had a good run and it was fun while it lasted. What more a fun can ask for?
    I'm out too. I cant afford them anymore at their current price and the quality isn't as good anymore. I feel selfish spending so much money when I should be using that money for my daughter and family.

I'm not out quite yet.

It strikes me that the golden age is really ending and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the MOTU movie figures is the last Collectors Choice wave, and that the line ends with Snake Mountain. And if that's the case, then I'd really kick myself for not seeing it through to the end after 11 years of figures.

Buying Snake Mountain is going to be painful... but I'll do it. I'll reassess after that. I can see myself dropping the Filmation range as those designs have never really excited me. I'm really just getting them out of habit. The Filmation sub-line may have a little more longevity than Collectors Choice, but I can't see it lasting that long either. Once S7 has burned through the a-listers, can such a line survive on the more obscure characters and repaints?

And the whole thing may be academic anyway, if Mattel claws back the licence so it can produce figures for the MOTU movie.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    After receiving CG Wave 3 recently, I'm in two minds whether to continue or not. The figures themselves seemed better quality than the previous wave, however, I paid nearly £200.00 for them, its a lot of money. I think part of what I've been doing is just blindly buying MOTU stuff from S7 but now the price is becoming a major factor. That £200 could have been spent on something else.

I have already paid for the next wave through S7 and I have got the movie line coming through Comics & Cocktails again (great service btw), but after that I may just cherry pick or give up completely. I've decided I'm not getting Snake Mountain, I don't have the room for it.

The only few figures left I really want from Collectors Choice are: Hunga, King Miro, Staghorn, I hope they're made next. I'd also be up for movie figures of Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Teela and MAA - I'd then be happy for the line to end on that note.

I kind of wish Mattel get the licence back and then start producing new MOTU figures and stuff when the movie comes out, if anything the price will be a lot lower.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Evil Master of D&B
    I'm another that has had to pass on the Power-Con exclusives for now at least. The jump in price for non attendees compared to previous years means I simply can't afford them. £80 odd a figure is pretty crazy. I've got every other MOTUC figure so hopefully I'll be able to trade something for them in the future as I'd love to have them. Snake Mountain is going to be a tough ask too not just with the price but the amount of space needed. I really hope I can get one though!

Yeah, €90 a figure is a lot to fork out. I only ordered Slime PIt He-Man. The three pack isn't worth 200+ for me. Especially since I was saving up for a Castle Grayskull (which I've bought now).

But still, had the 3-pack been something I absolutely had to have I would've forked out the cash, but two Snake Troopers and Slamurai aren't high on my list. The Slime Pit He-Man though I just had to have.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

How much did you pay for CG if you don't mind me asking?

How much did you pay for CG if you don't mind me asking?
    Well, probably less than you but I got it directly from Mattycollector back in 2012.
    Taking into account shipping and import duty it was about $380 all told (the Castle was $250).

$380 was about £236 in 2012. It's £291 at today's rates.
    Last edited by Neil; May 1, 2019 at 04:35am.

I might have to finally get around to selling my spare Castle Grayskull if I’m gonna get SM

Edit: never mind the extra 1, I might have to sell both if the US domestic shipping is any indication of how much it’ll be to get it here.
    Last edited by Raziel443; May 1, 2019 at 02:38pm.

I remember thinking the Castle Grayskull price was madness back then, and felt like I was a loon for spending that much on a toy.
    Now it's going to be 3-4 times more for Snake Mountain!
    I just don't think I can do it sadly.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I remember thinking the Castle Grayskull price was madness back then, and felt like I was a loon for spending that much on a toy.
    Now it's going to be 3-4 times more for Snake Mountain!
    I just don't think I can do it sadly.
    Just as well they arenít selling to us meagre peasants in the rest of the world!
    Just when I thought super7 couldnít get any worse

Quote Originally Posted by Krystoff View Post
    Just as well they aren’t selling to us meagre peasants in the rest of the world!
    Just when I thought super7 couldn’t get any worse
    I think you need to read that pre-order notice again mate.

“The Snake Mountain Playset is available to U.S. DOMESTIC DELIVERY ADDRESSES only. The per unit shipping cost will be $150 per playset in addition to the item’s price and any taxes. International Order details to follow soon.

The US domestic stuff just means the folks in the US can not have this delivered at their office or something. Chillax.
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Keldor, 200x Zodak, Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, Tung Lashor, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Hahaha $150 shipping in US!! That was the shipping back then for international fans if my memory serves! Imagine how much S7 will ask now! :-D This is getting more ridiculous with every minute and only confirms what I said before about S7. This is too big for them to handle, they wanted to join the big league but they're simply too small to offer this at a reasonable prices - low enough to generate enough orders and high enough to justify all the spending that went into this so far and will still go in order to produce it and ship it! Now just imagine the fans who find QC issues that usually would warrant an exchange.. If they have any left in stock or for that, this will become a whole new story when they will require the Customer (as always) to return the playset first before they can send the replacement and all of that at the Customer expense! Watch my words. Say what you will about Matty and Scott but.. Ech.. Doesn't matter.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I might have to finally get around to selling my spare Castle Grayskull if I’m gonna get SM.
    I've been thinking the same thing, but it's buried at the back of the attic.

It's still possible that we could get the same (or less!) postage - if they arrange to ship directly from China to us, rather than to them in the US then back out to us, we might be ok, as China does give us quite reasonable postage deals. Or maybe they'll go the Power-Con route and only let SPACE order them, and then we have to buy from them, for a higher start price but lower postage
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Hahaha $150 shipping in US!! That was the shipping back then for international fans if my memory serves! Imagine how much S7 will ask now! :-D This is getting more ridiculous with every minute and only confirms what I said before about S7. This is too big for them to handle, they wanted to join the big league but they're simply too small to offer this at a reasonable prices - low enough to generate enough orders and high enough to justify all the spending that went into this so far and will still go in order to produce it and ship it! Now just imagine the fans who find QC issues that usually would warrant an exchange.. If they have any left in stock or for that, this will become a whole new story when they will require the Customer (as always) to return the playset first before they can send the replacement and all of that at the Customer expense! Watch my words. Say what you will about Matty and Scott but.. Ech.. Doesn't matter.

Hold off on the gloating until we actually know the shipping quotes for Europe, will you? It's shipping directly from Hong Kong, so why should it be that m uch more (if at all) expensive to ship it to Europe? Makes no logical sense unless they got a sort of bulk deal for the US and every shipment elsewhere needs to be priced individually.

Here's hoping but in the meantime just got email from BBTS for preorder at a cool $800 ;-) Let the madness ensue! :-D

But seriously if Mattel couldn't do it why do you think S7 can swing that! 8-/ Stop kidding yourself if anything the Power Con route is much more plausible