Page 66 of 230 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5747

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

The VAT I could live with, it's the ridiculous post office charge that annoys me.

Still no sign of battlecat or a bill for me yet.

Still waiting on BC and getting a bit fed up with it now, if I get any customs fee's I'll be proper p*ssed off.

Here's an odd thing.

My single Battle Cat arrived today.
    The inner box was pretty beat up, but I'm not a mint-on-card collector, so that's no big deal.

The DR minion who wrote the value on the customs label did so with an inexplicable hieroglyph that could be interpreted as either $40 or $70 depending on how you looked it. Notice how neither amount bears any relation to the actual cost of the figure.

The parcel had a customs charge label, and a notice saying that it shouldn't be delivered until I paid the £12.45 customs fee.

But the postman delivered it anyway.

He left it with my next door neighbour while I was at work. No attempt was made to collect the amount due. In the face of DR's incompetence and the Royal Mail's greed it seems that the postman's bone idle laziness has come to my rescue. I'm feeling pretty lucky this evening.

I had the same problem as SirBushnell and posted about it here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=187166
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    My expensive subscription Moss Man has arrived today... BEFORE Battle Cat and five sets of stands!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagar View Post
    My expensive subscription Moss Man has arrived today... BEFORE Battle Cat and five sets of stands!
    well thats just daft, how you been mate haven't seen your name on here in ages
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Evil Master of D&B
    Got mine and my sister's Battle Cats the other day along with a Trap Jaw. They were delivered by DHL this time (probably due to the size of the package) and there was no custom fee to pay yet. I'm fully expecting an invoice from them in the next few days. Thought I might have got lucky for a minute but checked the DHL website and they bill you after delivery unlike Royal Mail. D'oh.

My Battlecat arrived today. The package has been marked up by customs for a charge on the $30 item however they hadnt bothered to collect the duty and it got delivered - bonus!

Great figure overall although I'm struggling a bit to fit He-man on without his legs splaying out too far

I got a card in my door today!
    17 quid!!!!

I will pay by check and that check is gonna bounce. I will submit my reeinberment by then too.

Angry as **** I am!!!

I'm gonna get deghital River to right a letter explainin this if I can!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I just got my figure stands through the door! I got 5 packs to cover all my current figs and right up untill She-Ra & Keldor. I was expecting a customs charge but didn't get one. Bet you any money I will be stung on Battle Cat!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I hope you escape.

Maybe we should be a bit loader about this as it seems to be that a lot of people got stung or at least had the boxes marked wrong.

Maybe make a pos on Matty and we try to keep it bumped to the top?! Just an idea!
    www.eamonart.com

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    This morning my second Battle Cat arrived, completing my February order of 2x Trap Jaw (sub) and 2x Battle Cat. Hoorah.

Didn't get stung my customs or anything - though as we've discussed previously, it seems to be pretty much pot luck.

As with my first 'Cat, his helmet isn't pushed right down, with his face poking out underneath. Not sure if this is intentional or I just got two flukes. Either way, mint condition otherwise - now to choose which one to open.

Hope this offers a ray of hope to those still waiting.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

congrats to you people finally getting your battle cats...(sooo jealous)

(although i doubt it but just thought i'd ask) does anyone from the uk have a spare battle cat they would be willing to sell or trade for anything...

I've been mentioning this on another thread, but here goes. I've been hectoring the UK 'ToysRUs' about the 'He-Man/Superman/Skeletor/LexLuthor' 2-packs. I was getting a lot of disappointing "Not happening here, mate" replies on the phone and had paid a visit to the company's site, emailing them about the prospect of seeing these figures.
    Well, this is what I received:

From 'Ross', 'Toys'R'Us' Ibrox, Glasgow;
    "We have had several enquires regarding US exclusives over the years, mainly from 'Star Wars' and 'Power Rangers' collectors. As with those lines, the 'DC/MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE' 2-packs you described would perhaps be in UK branches of the store around the end of the year, or early next year, if at all.
    We do sometimes take surplus US product, like exclusives and sell them in UK branches, the 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Rancor' exclusive being an example.
    I hope this helps."
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I think you might have trouble getting one here little noise! I say try the MOTUC market place boards. They do show up from time to time.

Good to see BC turning up for more folks but I betcha none of you had to cycle six miles this morning to pic him up.
    Yup my post office thought it was a good idea to keep BC at the postal depot. I had to make the journey twice as I had to pay 17 quid by cheque and I for got my checkbook. I even opened the box to show the receipt to the guy.
    Just now I cancelled said check. They can come chase me for a change!

Anyways here is the what I think is the coolest toy ever made!! Worth a 6 mile cycle any day!

www.eamonart.com

Battlecat arrived - Yay! Marked as $80 - BOO! I've post6ed about that in the other thread.

Glad to finally have him though. I was getting worried the longer it took for him to appear. He does look amazing, but the completist in me now NEEDS a Panthor so they can bookend the top shelf of my display.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I think you might have trouble getting one here little noise! I say try the MOTUC market place boards. They do show up from time to time.

Good to see BC turning up for more folks but I betcha none of you had to cycle six miles this morning to pic him up.
    Yup my post office thought it was a good idea to keep BC at the postal depot. I had to make the journey twice as I had to pay 17 quid by cheque and I for got my checkbook. I even opened the box to show the receipt to the guy.
    Just now I cancelled said check. They can come chase me for a change!

Anyways here is the what I think is the coolest toy ever made!! Worth a 6 mile cycle any day!

http://theextremist.co.uk/MVC/IMAG0134.jpg

awesome pic..!

Weird, I was just playing around with the camera too!

(For the record, this isn't my whole collection I've just had a mass opening of some of my second example characters)
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

What is it with folks and BC's helmet! Noone is put it on right.

Spacedust, put that helmet on right for the love of god!!!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    What is it with folks and BC's helmet! Noone is put it on right.

Spacedust, put that helmet on right for the love of god!!!
    I know, I realised after I'd taken the photo!!
    Rest assured it's firmly in place now
    ~jay firestorm~

Angel-T is gonna leave a saucer of milk outside his door tommorow to see it that will entice Battle Cat to arrive, hopefully minus the 17 quid customs bill for his rabies shot! Here kitty kitty kitty!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

still waiting for trapjaw

by any chance did anyone get a spare battlecat they want to sell
    New adventure wanted
    quakke / icarius / disk of doom skeletor / kayo / tuskador / artilla / staghornbattle blade skeletor/ thunderpunch he man / to tall hoove/ missle armour flipshot, spin fist hydron, staghorn
    mini boglins, moc Ghostbusters, moc Turtles, Transformers and M.A.S.K wanted

just gave in and bought from ebay.....

I think ebay is the only real way to go if you wan't Battle Cat NOW (i.e. aren't gonna wait x months for a reissue).

Out of interest, what kind of money did you pay?

As I've said several times previously in this thread, I'm seriously considering going the ebay route with future "big" characters/beasts (i.e. Tytus). It's quicker to receive them, and I just dodged customs this time by sheer fluke.
    ~jay firestorm~

i paid £40.00 for battle cat and a further £12.00 for fully insured trackable postage from the states....eamons pic sold it for me and just couldnt resist..lol