Page 74 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5683

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

Got a card in the letter box today asking for £14.81 customs fee, this must be for my second Lyn/wun-dar. Will have to look what the declared value on the sticker is but on my first one that didn't get customs fee' s it was $40. If the invoice says $20 + $9.95 shipping but the customs sticker says more I'll ring up and tell them I've be incorrectly charged and try to get some of it back.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil Master of D&B
    sgmilne and 13977,

It sounds like you're in the same boat. You may have some luck trying Digital River/Matty but if not you could try the UKBA. It took me some time to find the link but have a read of this - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/paying-tax.htm#2.

I nearly had to go down this route when I ordered some stuff from Telltale Games but they refunded me immediately when I emailed them about the customs form being incorrect. Now that was customer service!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Cheers, Matt.

Wun-Dar came this morning from BigBadToyStore. He had a really loose right ankle, but also a really tight left ankle, so he can still stand up!

Not a bad figure, and the map's pretty cool too.

Instead of receiving Evil Lyn, I got a card through the letter box today saying that there's a custom charge of £21.63 to pay. This is for a SINGLE non-subscription Evil Lyn figure, not two figures together. This is ridiculous. Why should there be such an extortionate fee to pay when I've never had to before, and not even for two figures combined?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Instead of receiving Evil Lyn, I got a card through the letter box today saying that there's a custom charge of £21.63 to pay. This is for a SINGLE non-subscription Evil Lyn figure, not two figures together. This is ridiculous. Why should there be such an extortionate fee to pay when I've never had to before, and not even for two figures combined?
    That sucks.
    Was it with UPS? I always got customs with them regardless of what it was. I've never had it with Royal mail on a single figure.

Unless DR/Mail on the Move have put an incorrect value on the customs declaration (which has been known to happen) there is no way it can work out as that on a single figure - even with the declining pound

Even Battlecat (the only single-packaged item I have been caught for) was £12 odd so it cannot be right.

Well I have complained to Matty and asked for a refund. They gave me one before for the incorrect customs charge on Trapjaw and Battlecat, so they ought to for this one. They can't say that they had to send it via Spain or whatever, so that's why there's a charge, as that isn't anything to do with me but their choice. Evil Lyn is lighter than Battlecat, and certainly lighter (and less expensive) than Trapjaw and Battlecat combined (which was a charge of £16.90), so it can't be higher than that for a single figure.

Another example of DR's incompetence.

Well I have complained to Matty and asked for a refund. They gave me one before for the incorrect customs charge on Trapjaw and Battlecat, so they ought to for this one. They can't say that they had to send it via Spain or whatever, so that's why there's a charge, as that isn't anything to do with me but their choice. Evil Lyn is lighter than Battlecat, and certainly lighter (and less expensive) than Trapjaw and Battlecat combined (which was a charge of £16.90), so it can't be higher than that for a single figure.

Another example of DR's incompetence.
    What was the value written on the customs label? This sounds odd to me since the value would have to be close to $100! (for a £21 fee...)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I mailed the customer services about my Moss Man subs not arriving and it seems they are replacing my order...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    What was the value written on the customs label? This sounds odd to me since the value would have to be close to $100! (for a £21 fee...)
    It was $120.00 on the customs form, which is absolutely ridiculous. The figure is sold at $20.00 and they add $100 to inflate the value.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I mailed the customer services about my Moss Man subs not arriving and it seems they are replacing my order...
    Cool!

It was $120.00 on the customs form, which is absolutely ridiculous. The figure is sold at $20.00 and they add $100 to inflate the value.
    That is really bad! I'd scan the charges sticker and customs form and post it on the Matty forums. I'm scared this will happen with me so I'm only ordering the figures that I most want. So far that's just She-Ra and Adam/Orko.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I got my Weapon Pack and 12" Venkman this mornin. No Costumes!!

I have to say the weapons pack is nice but the colours are just crap. Yes I know they are based on vintage colours but that don't make them good. Ya have these kick ass looking weapons only to have your enemies keel over with laughter.

12" Venkman however is just great. He's my first 12" GB and I am super happy with him. No tis no Hot Toy but still very very good for the price.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Thats what put me off the weapon pack though I guess I could have painted them but I rfeally was not bothered enough to pay as much as they wanted for the weapons.
    Id rather a weapons pack that has an extra Adora gun and holster for Teela and some sword sheaths.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    That is really bad! I'd scan the charges sticker and customs form and post it on the Matty forums. I'm scared this will happen with me so I'm only ordering the figures that I most want. So far that's just She-Ra and Adam/Orko.
    Well it could happen with any figure and with anyone. All my single figures have never had a customs charge on it before, only multiple figures, and even that was the Trapjaw/Battlecat fiasco when everyone had $80 written on their customs form. THis time it seems as if I am the only one who had an inflated price as everyone else who received Evil Lyn got it with no problems whatsoever.

Optikk just arrived which really caught me off guard. It was only yesterday that I was thinking he'd maybe be here next week at some point if I was lucky. I think that could be the quickest shipping time yet.

Another arrival here. Let's hope they continue to be this fast in the future.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Man that's fast. Glad to hear that they are starting to show up.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Mine too - 11 days from postage to here - that's the way it should work.

Optikk is very, very cool.

Got my Optikk today too. A day of watching NA ahead now lol.

Optikk arrived for me today as well.
    Only 10 days to get here - that's actually a reasonable time!

By that standard Tytus should be with me on Monday....

Optikk arrives in Brighton.

I'm shocked about customs- I've never had any for MOTUC figures, even Wun-Dar and Evil-Lyn. I thought the lower limit was a declaration of £18 (or equivalent). Can anyone confirm?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Optikk arrived here in Plymouth today, no customs as usual, great

Good News, I hope he makes it down into Cornwall today as well!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Bloomin heck! MasterofTheUK and Motorthing getting figures early? There must be some sort of Blue moon or flock of flying pigs!!!
    sgmilne am I right in thinking you are in Dundee? If so then it can't be long until Optikk is making his way to me.
    Neutral Forest Spirit