Thread: WTFWTK 2.15 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.15 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Would it possible to include 2 extra unattached hang tags in an upcoming MOTUC figure, since many who ordered He-man and Beast Man received carded figures without a hang tag?

2. For Hordak's MOTUC bio, where does Mattel stand on the concepts of Horde Prime & Horde World in the MOTUC mythos?

3. Does Hordak's arm-bat have articulated head and wings?

4. When the 200X line was out, we were told there was a Wind Raider vehicle planned. Was this vehicle finished, and if so will we see it in the MOTUC line?

5. What percentage of MOTUC figures have being sold to collectors outside of the USA, and has it been consistent from month to month?

6. Of the twelve figures planned for 2010, how many are classic MOTU, then 2002, then NA and then POP figures?

7. Why are some people receiving MOTUC Stratos figures with the package taped at the bottom?

8. Will Tri-Klops' visor be moveable?

9. Will Mattel be selling any MOTUC Stratos in SDCC, or is he completely sold out?

10. Rather than all figures being re-released, Mattel has been stated that "core characters" will get re-released 8-10 months after a sellout. How are the core characters determined?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Movie mayhem!
    8. Will Teela sport ab-crunch and swivel waist under what appears to be a soft plastic outfit attachment concealing her body?
    ***Mattel did not answer this question***

can we re-ask this since it wasn't answered.

How can international fans who support the line get a hold of the chase/special figures your are releasing at the comic-cons?
    Last edited by fatman; March 7, 2009 at 12:16pm.
    My trade reviews/references by others
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168244

Heroic Warrior
    I just wanna know if Hordak's lil' bat buddy has name.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    If/When a movie toy line is developed, will the toys be in the same scale as MOTUC?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Has Mattel considered changing up the "recepies" of reused parts for new characters a bit, in places where it would make sense? I.e like Stinkor, wherein some fans feel the furry body-type that Beastman and Stratos use would be more suitable than the fish/creature body that Merman uses. For instance, in Stinkors case all that would be logical to keep, would be the lower arms of Merman, while the rest, except for the head, could be reused Beastman parts.

MATTEL introduced for first time the PRINCESS OF POWER toyline in 1985.
    Next year in 2010 would be the best time to celebrate the 25th. Anniversary of SHE-RA and the original PRINCESS OF POWER line (like BARBIE's 50's).

It is possible with a SHE-RA figure for MOTUC line to bring something extra as specials for the 80's collectors?

Don't miss it also later the 30th. Anniversary for the original MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Some collectors have been reporting loose joints on new figures. Is there anything being done to remedy this?

When and if Mattel will implement a subscription to the figures, will it include bonus figures or will these have to be ordered separately, or will there be two different kinds of supscription, one with and one without bonus figures?
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Heroic Warrior
    Will the female "Princess of Power" (POP) action figures utilise parts from the Teela body-sculpt or will the female POP figures have their own entirely unique sculpts?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Will we ever be able to PRE-ORDER the figures rather than wait until the day they come out?
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Heroic Warrior
    If the line continues doing as well as it is; would it be possible to get 1 uniquely sculpted figure like Ram Man a year?

Could we get gift sets? Such as the sorcerees with zoar or evil-lyn with screech?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not complaining, but why are we getting so many villians in MOTUC, compared to good guys? The next actual hero is Man-At-Arms in the summer, a huge gap since Stratos in February.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

While the re-use of parts is one of the primary reasons this line has been possible, it seems as if the action figure world has come too far to re-use the same heads for different characters that otherwise share all the same body parts, so might we get new headsculpts for characters like Moss Man and Stinkor? Or will they have the same heads as Mer-Man and Beast Man, or are these characters that are likely to have two heads?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

When do we get to see whats in the Matty Museum lol

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Is there no way more secure shipping methods can be used for overseas buyers? I ordered two Stratos figures and didn't receive them, and there seems to be little I can do about it.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Hello ToyGuru, my question is

If you re-release King Grayskull, he will be in the normal package and be release as a bonus figure. So can we buy the chase variant to?
    For example, the August figure is Triklops, can i buy 2 normal King´s and 2 Chase Kings´s with the regular figure?

Any chance of getting this version of TEELA down the road?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168807
    Always Expect the Unexpected!