Thread: Is Hordak's armor removeable???

Heroic Warrior

Is Hordak's armor removeable???

I know everyone has their opinion about Hordak's 3/4 armor and his painted, ab-less stomach. I have no problem with it, though I tend to agree with the majority of you that they should have gave him full armour and if you wanted to still give him ab crunch underneath, so be it. However, does Hordak's armor come off? I assumed that it did, but after reading about his list of accessories, I'm not sure. It mentions that he comes with his his magic staff, his crowsbow, and his bat companion, which i hope has a name on his bio, but no mention of his armor. Out of all 9 figures on the MOTUC page, they only ones not mentioned to have removeable armor is Hordak and King Grayskull. Now, we know KG's armor doesn't come off. I'm wondering as well if it has anything to do with Hordak's cape. I can't truly tell where it's attached to him, to tell you the truth. Anyone know for sure if the armor comes off like the 80's figure?

I'm pretty sure Hordak's armor will be removable as I am sure the KG re-release will have the same feature.They postponed He-man and Beastman so the armor could come off so I am sure removable armor will apply to all figures with armor,well one would hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, he will be removeable!

After the Panel at NYCC we could take some Pictures from the Prototype! We could take a look on the back of the Armor. He is removeable!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Yes, he will be removeable!

After the Panel at NYCC we could take some Pictures from the Prototype! We could take a look on the back of the Armor. He is removeable!
    Awesome! This is something I have been wondering since the announcement of this figure. I hope they release it this way.

I hope the extra "piece" at the bottom is removable as well. I would like to display my hordak without it

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    If it's removable and his abs are painted black: which is the colour of his chest?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    If it's removable and his abs are painted black: which is the colour of his chest?
    Now that's a good question... and why the armor is removable? I think the abs-less torso is going to look terrible without the armor.
    To infinity, and beyond!

I think maybe his entire upper torso will be painted black or molded in black plastic as if he is wearing an undershirt.I cant imagine they would just paint his abs black and leave his chest grey.

My original Hordak didn't have removable armor--at least not without breaking it, so I sure as heck didn't take it off! I would never want to take off his armor for MOTUC either, but I guess if I were a customizer it would be a different story. I can't imagine removing it though, he looks awesome as he is!