Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Check out his answers to your Round 13 questions!
1. Will Mattel offer more shipping options through the United States Postal Services for international fans?
We are not offering additional shipping options yet, but we have been working with German fans sites to improve distribution since while sales are higher in German than in any other area outside of the US.
2. In regards to the possible Direct to Video feature, might it be a new story or a continuation of the 2002 story?
This comment actually seems to have been taken a bit too literally. To clarify, we are not currently in development of an animated direct to DVD movie or project. This is just one of many MOTU related projects that is on the table right now under discussion. At the moment, 100% f our MOTU time and resources are going into making the best possible figures in the Classics line. If sales take off enough that we can start looking into other projects, a DVD film is at the top of our “wish list” to do and we do have some ideas and concepts brewing. Our comment at NYCC was that we would “like” to do a DVD feature which is true and we are pushing for one, but there is not a project literally in the works at the moment.
3. If two figures shared parts in the '80s line, and since MOTUC figures seem to be recycling similar parts as well, is it safe to expect Mattel to make certain characters first in order to provide the recyclable components for other characters? (eg: Mekaneck before Stinkor [armor], Fisto before Clamp Champ [armor], etc)
Absolutely. One of the reasons we are able to do this line is the fact that so many parts were legitimately reusable. But just because Stinkor shared Mekaneck’s armor that doesn’t mean we will stick with that release order. Characters who shared parts whether in body type or accessory in the old lines will share them again. We could certainly do Clamp Champ first. All remains to be seen!
4. Why are Hordak's abs showing and painted black, rather than having a torso piece of armor?
This was a concept created by the Fourhorsemen to aide characters with armor articulate better. We think it is keen.
5. Will Hordak's head be articulated separately from the his rear head armor, or with the head be affixed to his rear head armor like in the classic toy?
His head is a separate pieces. It is actually one of the coolest parts of the figure!
6. Due to the concerns over costs, instead of creating a whole new Castle Grayskull or a build-a-castle feature, would it be possible to release a modified classic '80s Castle Grayskull as part of the MOTUC line?
That would cost the same amount. We no longer have the tool for the original castle (they weren’t built to last back then) and we would need to retool the castle again from the sculpt.
7. When Battle Cat is released in 2010, will he take up that month's figure slot or will he be released in addition to that month's figure?
He would be a bonus figure that month.
8. Will Teela sport ab-crunch and swivel waist under what appears to be a soft plastic outfit attachment concealing her body?
***Mattel did not answer this question***
9. Will Tri-Klops come with a stand for his Doomseeker?
Yes, it will be the same stand used by Slimed that was on display in the NYCC booth in the Ghostbusters case. We just didn’t have two at the convention and Slimer “rolled over” more without the stand then did the Doomseeker, so he got it in the display case.
10. Last year at SDCC we were told there wouldn't be any more chase figures. Now at NYCC we were told there might be a chase for the SDCC exclusive. Will you tell us the rarity of this particular chase so the many fans who will want one know their odds, as well as helping them avoid paying high after-market prices?
We actually have not locked down exactly what we are doing. Our challenge this year is that now that we have Matty-Collector.com and the exclusives are available online after the show, we wanted to make the figures actually at the show a little extra special as they were intended to be. It is likely that the batch we bring to the show itself will get something extra not available online. Whether this is an accessory change or a paint op change will depend on the figure, but it is something you will see in a few of our exclusives this year.
Click here to ask questions in Round 15!
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 13 questions!