Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a loose Teela worth $100.00?

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar

Is a loose Teela worth $100.00?

I have a chance to buy a loose complete Teela, she's $100. Am I getting a good deal?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Checking on e-bay, there's one loose comp going for about 139.00 Buy it now "or best offer" which will definitely go for a little less than that, and there's one at about 91, but it's been bid on 7 times, and still has 2 days left. I can never figure out how to search "recently ended" lots on e-bay, but I'm told there is a way. If you can figure that out, you can research it a bit more. It sounds high to me for a loose one, but I don't know the market, so that opinion may be ill informed.

That is a question only you can really answer. If you think it is a good deal, go for it.

Factors that come into play are if she is complete, does she have the "bobble head" thing going, play wear, smoking house, customized (because a lot of guys think nothing of painting their figures) etc.

You may want to inquire about her forearms. The official release has what is known as "backwards" forearms, because the high outside points of the gauntlets are on the inside of the arm, which is based on her cross-sell card back art from the 80's, but they are technically backwards, so many fans swap them. The method is easy. I heated her bicep with a hairdryer, and removed both arms from the ball jointed shoulder. I then did the same thing with the hands, and swapped them over, so that the high point of the gauntlets is now on the outside of the arm, which is much more aesthetically pleasing to most people, myself included. No damage should be done in this process and it is easy to undo, but depending on how it was performed, and if it was performed, there may be reasons to ask questions about if and how the person did this, and if they did, was any damage done to the figure. If they did it, and you want the original look (reversed forearms) then you may want to ask them to do it if you're not comfortable with the heat and swap (it really is easy). Some people boil the figure in water, but it requires more time and is a little messier. The hairdryer is quick and easy; no mess.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree with Kid Canada; If you think it's a good deal and have faith she's in good condition with all her accessories, go for it.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

A very large number of Teelas suffered from super loose necks causing a serious bobble-head issue. In my personal opinion, a loose Teela that can be verified to have a tight neck peg is worth more than a MOC Teela.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    It's about the going rate, so I wouldn't call it a "good" deal, but you wouldn't be over paying either.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I can never figure out how to search "recently ended" lots on e-bay, but I'm told there is a way.
    Next to the big [Search] button, you should see a smaller "Advanced" link. Click that. The page you should see will have a checkbox for "Sold listings."
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Next to the big [Search] button, you should see a smaller "Advanced" link. Click that. The page you should see will have a checkbox for "Sold listings."
    Ah-ha! Take me on!

So that's how it's done aye.

unfortunately is probably is a 'good deal' considering the going rates on her these days, is she worth 100.00? no way, but I have over paid for items in the past,
    if you want her bad enough, go ahead.

If you really want the figure and you're willing to pay the price of a $100 bucks, then buy her. Any figure is worth whatever amount you feel comfortable with. She might only be worth $30 to one person and $200 to the next. Just pay what you feel comfortable with.

that is a matter of perspective. To me... I would say no. But to some others they would jump at the chance.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Heroic Warrior
    "Is it worth it?" and "Is it a good deal?" aren't quite the same question. It is probably "worth it" in the sense that you are unlikely to find a Teela for much less than that at any point in the near future. So if you are determined to get a Teela figure, then this is definitely worth considering.

At the same time, I don't think this is notably less than what I would expect for a loose Teela, so it's not exactly a "good deal." Still, if you don't collect things on card anyway, then her being open doesn't really matter beyond saving you some money.

I'd say so.

For me, from the UK... loose/complete Teelas go for around £60-80.. about $120? So i'd say you're getting a decent deal. Amazing deal? No.. but it's teela. she's gonna cost!

I sold a MOC one a while back now. Got around $200 for her. (£120) so, the price for her loose seems fair.

That is about the going rate...if she doesn't go much higher...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I never quite understood how the secondary market prices for these figures get to where they are. I can understand Teela being expensive, given that she's one of the main characters and was never re-released, but why is Whiplash worth nearly twice as much?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Any figure is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay. 100 bucks for a figure that is five years old seems steep, but Teela is such an integral part of the MOTU world that she demands those prices...

Unfortunately, she will continue to sell at inflated prices for as long as people buy her at inflated prices, that is how this business works..... I know because I am guilty of waaay over-paying for eBay items due my lack of self-control and impatience...

However, if you do pull the trigger, as mentioned earlier watch out for the "bobble head", out of the four Teela's I own, the two I've opened have the bobble-syndrome.....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Sounds like a terrible deal. Where are you trying to buy it from? I'll give this seller a serious talk'in to!

j/k I've already got a teela. But honestly as a figure, I don't feel it's worth $100. The figure itself really isn't that great. Not as articulated as standard MOTUC figures, bobble head/neck and all that, risk of other loose joints, etc.

However now, if you "Need" teela for your collection... I don't see em coming much cheaper than that. It may be a painful $100 to spend, but if it's something you really need go for it. Think of it this way, you'll never have to spend $100 on teela ever again. And then you can move on to the next rare/expensive item that you need.

Heroic Warrior
    I recently bought a loose Teela, in perfect condition, and with all her accessories, for $120, or so. Now, as stated elsewhere in this thread, she is, by no means a perfect figure. Her head is really loose, she lacks any form of waist/ab articulation, and my particular figure has some minor paint blemishes on her.

Is this figure really worth $120! In my opinion, NO, never!

Am I happy to have this figure, even at this vastly overrated price? YES, I certainly am!

She really is quite gorgeous, and my collection would NEVER be the same sans her!

This is, i believe, both the blessings and curses of being a collector. Yes, you may have to pay more than 5 - 6 times the value of the item that you want, but, as I have experinced quite a few times allready, with Fisto and Beast-Man, for instance, when I finally have the coveted item in hand, I find that the joy of finally having it, more than makes up for having to pay an insane amount of money for it.
    To all ends, there is a limit, of course, and I could not see myself paying, say, $300 for a MOTUC figure, but I seriously do not think, that things will ever come to that, anyway.

And, of course, there is the question of priority. If the money needed to buy the loose Teela, really should have been spent on a holiday, or a refurbishing of a room, for instance, then I guess the choice is obvious, but I just thought I would mention it...

As it is, I bought my Teela, loose, in perfect condition, with all of her accessories, for $120, and I have not regretted it, for one second..!

Heroic Warrior
    I am not going to get one, I am ok with bg teela, because wtfn? really from what I am reading here it sounds like a pretty butt figure. TG should make a deal that if you sub for the final year you should get a couple figures that clearly need updates such as teela, he-man, beastman are a couple examples that stick out in my mind! not wanting to change the subject so I will leave it at that

I agree with most of the people above... it is all about supply and demand really. If you want her enough then it doesn't really matter how much you pay for her. It is only you who can answer that. She is a difficult figure to get hold of unless you want to put down a lot of money like this.

Hope you get her at some point my friend.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Even tho my parcel I received seem to have been sat on by someone during there lunch break. upon opening my nearly, up to date MOTUC collection. from ebay, where all good due to the how they where paked.with extra wraped in paper and placed in extra large sanwich bags made the dfference. and I got lucky my Teella, seemed to be good suffuring no bobble head no loose ankles joints. never realy noticed that Teela ever had reversed wrists I thought that as only Stinkor?

and least but not least I can honestly say the Teela, I have has the most beautiful paint apps. and is nearly beautiful as my wife LOL but anyways. if you can find one in the way I just described. above then yes 100 smackaroos is cheap, I know it can be tedious and poor sometimes. but ask the seller to tell you of any issues with the figure. and you wont be surprised with a figure you expectd to receive perfect. if you want perfect you can find it with an honest seller who will tell you the exact condition of the figure exspecialy, when buyng loose.

it is also worth noting, that some of these figures are sometimes hand picked for there good paint apps. there skillfully corrected forearms, tight joints, never played with. and put on a shelf these are the figs that of course are going to be more valued to the die hard collector. who is probley only selling because they need money maybe even cry after selling them. a hand picked perfect paint app, never played with no bobble head or loose joints. reversed wrist, ect. is well worth $200 $300.but there is allways someone who will find fault and the fig won't live up to there expectations.so in many cases the seller is better off to just say good condition, sold as is.

One of the best figures in the line, despite any nit-picky "flaws." Paying $100 would be worth it, although with a little patience you can probably get a better deal.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I think for Teela the forearms were sculpted with the bracers intentionally pointing inwards, so while they may look reversed the figures were still assembled correctly as opposed to Stinkor or Frosta. Of course, this also meant that the same pieces were carried over to Goddess and Evil-Lyn even though they weren't supposed to ever look like that.

I paid about $100 for Teela (it was MOC, but I ripped it open as soon as I got it) and I'm quite happy with it. The figure does have quite a striking, elegant design and has a particularly nice face sculpt, especially if you compare it to the blank, vacant stare sported by Teela Sr. Of course you can never fully justify dropping that amount of cash on a hunk of plastic, but if you're going to spending that money on MOTUC anyway it's preferable to have one figure of a character you really love over six Karattis or whatever.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    If you are so...... SO desperate for "vintage style" Teela, then close your eyes and go for it ! But you might get a "ripped-off" feeling in the future !

If you just want a "Teela" figure, get BG Teela as a place holder ! The reason I say place holder is because if you can wait till 2016, there is a chance that Mattel *might* give us a new Teela figure (possibly Filmation variant) ! However, this is just a guess. So WAITING will be at your OWN risk !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !