Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/1/2011)

MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/1/2011)

I figure MGM will step in and round these up tomorrow... but since Mattel sent out the answers a day early this time, I thought I'd go ahead and get a thread started for us night owls who may post their's tonight. Here's the link to mine-

http://www.motucfigures.com/2011/10/...-1st-2011.html

Sallah

Answer # 2 clashes with the infamous "taken for the ass" figure...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    very badly to

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Google analytics and hand counts brought the number 50 I see. I guess I better step up my game to make it 51

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    That too!
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Scott will forever reinforce his statements about the "small but vocal" minority here. He can never go back on his statement because he would then be contradict himself. That would make him appear to be reckless, which would undermine his position.

He should never have made that statement in the first place. He should never have made the same statement about the JLU customers way back when he did. He let his emotions get the better of him... and that is par for the course. He knows, as well as we do, that the Org membership is far greater than 200...

Instead of counting Org members' posts and analyzing Org web-activity, should he be paying attention to things like Digital River double charging and reversed shoulders?

According to the Mattel booth at NYCC, Scott, while Brand Manager, is head of Marketing for these brands. If the "fan" base is so small, it seems to be his responsibility to grow it. I've seen NO marketing for these toys outside of: SDCC, Wonder Con, Toy Fair, NYCC, and the several fan sites (which basically do all the work for him).

It makes no sense that Mattel (Scott) hasn't spent the money to advertise these lines (and Mattycollector) with the long-term in mind.

Then again, there is the rumor that Mattycollector is at death's door and that MOTUC will be handled online in a different way.. so maybe it's too late.

I just find that incredibly sad.

Now maybe Mattel will handle everything in-house (for the online collector lines)... that would be smart.

Scott and Mattel seem incredibly afraid of alienating their retail partners (Target, Walmart, etc.), when the reality is that online sales are THE sales of the future (if not the present day). Mattel should have executed a far more aggressive and self-sufficient plan for online sales a few years ago (starting with JLU Fan Collection). Instead, they tried to do that with Target. That was a huge mistake if for no other reason than Target is first and foremost a big-box store, not a TOY store. Mattel and toys are small potatoes for Target.

Ugh.

I just hope that Mattel really has a handle on this whole thing. They need to start marketing to people other than the adult collector audience that already knows what the company has planned 2 months before they announce plans
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 1, 2011 at 01:05am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    3.) After Toy Guru's recent statements about He-Man.org's relelvance to the MOTUC fanbase (i.e. saying things like "the small passionate He-Man.org "bubble" -with about 200 posters and 50 of which post regularly"), I just wanted to ask if you were aware of the actual numbers behind He-Man.org? He-Man.org has over 8000 registered members. Out of those, between 1000 to 1500 log in each day, with an additional 4000 to 5000 guests also visiting and viewing the forums daily. Unlike other forums, He-Man.org also purges inactive accounts, so the majority of their 8000 registered users are actual regular users. Given the statements in the past that the MOTUC line is done on very small numbers, it would seem that trivializing this amount of the fan community was a fruitless move. Does Mattel as a whole view He-Man.org as such a small portion of the fanbase when they see these numbers in comparison to the overall number of MOTUC sales (especially when this is the "lowest-selling" sub yet)?

Yes, we are well aware of the number of fans who are active posters and visitors to websites through both Google analytics and manual counts. Further:

From Toyguru himself:

"Hey guys, I meant no offence at explaining this. All I was attempting to do we manage expectations as to why we might not be able to hit certain fan requests that come up a lot simply because there is a difference in something being requested by a large number of fans vs something requested by a small number of fans over and over. It is very similar to the JLU line on a site like Actionfigureinsider.com. The fans there are extremely passionate but we know from sales data as well as manual counts of posters within a 30 day period that it really is the same small group that post over and over. The internet has a way of giving everyone a voice which can be a lot louder then it is accurate in terms of the total fan base. Personally I have nothing but respect for all of the fan sites and He-Man.org is a GREAT site to chat MOTU."

Here we go again. Scott just will not except the numbers the .org has. I definitely think he has some personal issues with certain people. That's the kind of unprofessional attitude that makes me have personal issues with him.
    SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.

UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    I figure MGM will step in and round these up tomorrow... but since Mattel sent out the answers a day early this time, I thought I'd go ahead and get a thread started for us night owls who may post their's tonight.
    Looks like only a few of us were home so far...

IAT/MOTUClassics.Com - http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=15095
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Looks like only a few of us were home so far...

IAT/MOTUClassics.Com - http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=15095
    I hope Mattel does a coupon thing for International collectors too. I want me some coupons!

The answer of "not in 2012" for the Ghostbusters Weapons Pack makes me very sad. Your picture is SO funny and true! I picked up FOUR extra Peters for the proton stream and stand though. The Rookie is coming in 2012 without those items.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I picked up FOUR extra Peters for the proton stream and stand though. The Rookie is coming in 2012 without those items.
    Doh! You're evil...

I was going to go $$$ crazy for awhile earlier. It bugs me that Venkman is the only one in gloves, so I was thinking about buying an extra Egon and swapping the arms out at the elbows, but then I realized with all the extra Peters and a gloved Egon, I could swap out a set for Ray & Winston and have 'em all gloved. And then there's SB Winston for some extra tri-pod traps... plus, I could swap those biceps out for a complete tan/GB2 set with a few more extras...

You make a great point about the rookie, but I can't order anymore from Mattycollector this month...
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Then again, there is the rumor that Mattycollector is at death's door and that MOTUC will be handled online in a different way.. so maybe it's too late.

I just find that incredibly sad.

Now maybe Mattel will handle everything in-house (for the online collector lines)... that would be smart.

(lots of snipping).

Maybe I missed something. I haven been on here a lot since power con... Is this a newly revealed rumor? While I have far less than love for digital river and thebmattycollector system, I can't see this as good news for the line...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    (lots of snipping).

Maybe I missed something. I haven been on here a lot since power con... Is this a newly revealed rumor? While I have far less than love for digital river and thebmattycollector system, I can't see this as good news for the line...
    It could just be a rumor.

It's something that many people have heard I hope it isn't true, or if it IS, that it's because Mattel is taking control of the "situation" and placing the management of online sales in other hands.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Doh! You're evil...

I was going to go $$$ crazy for awhile earlier. It bugs me that Venkman is the only one in gloves, so I was thinking about buying an extra Egon and swapping the arms out at the elbows, but then I realized with all the extra Peters and a gloved Egon, I could swap out a set for Ray & Winston and have 'em all gloved. And then there's SB Winston for some extra tri-pod traps... plus, I could swap those biceps out for a complete tan/GB2 set with a few more extras...

You make a great point about the rookie, but I can't order anymore from Mattycollector this month...
    I know what you mean. I went crazy and bought all the ones I was missing at 20% off. Then, when they went 40% off I bought the extra Peters. When they went 60% off I really wanted the extra tripods, but have no need for the extra Slime Blower Winstons (and essentially 3 more tripods would be costing me $44 after shipping and all that). If I waited until the 60% off sale...I would have bought the extra SB Winstons without a second thought...and maybe an extra Vinz and Egon with books. I just can't afford all the extra shipping! It's too bad regular Winston wasn't on sale. I don't have him at all! I probably would have got two of him for the traps! At least I have the ToysRUs set, so I have ONE working trap. No lightning effects though.

P.S. The Ghostbusters sale is over. Everything is regular price again.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Lets continue the discussion in MGM's thread.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback