Thread: A Fix for Loose Thighs?

A Fix for Loose Thighs?

Having a real problem with my Blue Hordak standing. His thigh joints are so loose, he can hardly stand. Is there any way to repair this?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    A Fix for Loose Thighs?
    Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe a STD scare?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I've heard people have dabbed a tiny bit of super glue in the joint but I'm not sure. But yes I've noticed with a lot of the dcuc and motuc over time thighs and shoulders getting loose

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What??? No picture this time???

With loose joints I use floor polish by pledge. Works like a champ.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ha! Beat me to it!!

You guys are insane in the membrane! Thanks for the pledge tip CocoaSmooth...will try it tomorrow!

Pledge will work or even finger nail polish.

Master of New Adventures!
    With the title of the thread I thought, for a moment, that this belonged in The Tar Swamp, where I could certainly provide the solution.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    What??? No picture this time???
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    With loose joints I use floor polish by pledge. Works like a champ.
    Please try this first. Excess wipes off easily with water. You can use a brush to apply, then let the figure sit overnight. You may need to reapply over time if your figure gets a lot of use.

Small, clear rubber bands like the ones that hold the figures in the package can be used as well by wrapping around the loose joint and pushing into to a joint so it's not visible. This is a bit more difficult to do, but is pretty permanent and non-destructive. This works best for hips or shoulders, may not work well on a thigh unless you boil and pop the joint, then wrap the post.

I don't personally recommend super-glue, the margin for error is too high and the excess dries with a rough texture and a white color.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; December 8, 2015 at 11:33am.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Please try this first. Excess wipes off easily with water. You can use a brush to apply, then let the figure sit overnight. You may need to reapply over time if your figure gets a lot of use.

Small, clear rubber bands like the ones that hold the figures in the package can be used as well by wrapping around the loose joint and pushing into to a joint so it's not visible. This is a bit more difficult to do, but is pretty permanent and non-destructive. This works best for hips or shoulders, may not work well on a thigh unless you boil and pop the joint, then wrap the post.

I don't personally recommend super-glue, the margin for error is too high and the excess dries with a rough texture and a white color.
    As I said, Tar Swamp material.