Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Battleground Teela Thread

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    FORGET Veena. This Teela will be King Grayskull's main squeeze!
    The Teela counterpart in KG's group (the only one to get a line other than KG & Veena themselves) was bald.

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    This Teela reminds me this Filmaion's character (sorry, I don't remember her name right now).... and I think she will be pretty awesome with Vikor's helmet

http://gi85.photobucket.com/groups/k...king-teela.png
    Snowflake. And, while I'm 100% certain that she WILL officially be the Teela we know in the bio (as I've been saying), hmmm... I was going to think of her as Vikor's Red Sonja, but "Region of Ice" is a favourite episode of mine and it will be closer than some of the figures are to the corresponding Filmation design even when they ARE the same character...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Reboot; February 14, 2011 at 01:08pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just happy for MegaGearMax!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Time for an avatar change!

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    I'm just happy for MegaGearMax!
    Thanks Vaults!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

There's some sad comments on the forum today, lol. I can't believe there's people saying "That's not Teela", "Make it not be Teela", "that will never be Teela to me", etc. I guess Teela always has to wear the same clothes. The lowly woman can't have a variant..right? Just the men.
    She's just as deserving of an A-list variant as any of the others that have/will have them.

"She doesn't fit in" was my favourite. Because a character in furry shorts with a sword and a gun doesn't fit into motu. It's amazing what strange hangups people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    There's some sad comments on the forum today, lol. I can't believe there's people saying "That's not Teela", "Make it not be Teela", "that will never be Teela to me", etc. I guess Teela always has to wear the same clothes. The lowly woman can't have a variant..right? Just the men.
    She's just as deserving of an A-list variant as any of the others that have/will have them.

"She doesn't fit in" was my favourite. Because a character in furry shorts with a sword and a gun doesn't fit into motu. It's amazing what strange hangups people have.
    Exactly I don't get why people want her to be a different character. Read the DC comics, the Teela that wears these clothes also wears the regular Teela's clothes in parts 2 and 3!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Cool.. so Vikor has himself a lady.... errr wait!! WTH!? This is lame

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Exactly I don't get why people want her to be a different character. Read the DC comics, the Teela that wears these clothes also wears the regular Teela's clothes in parts 2 and 3!
    People don't like what they didn't grow up with. They don't know this Teela. It's not surprising.

LOL! She fits in moreso than any female in MOTU--She's wearing furry boots, furry loincloth, bracers...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL! She fits in moreso than any female in MOTU--She's wearing furry boots, furry loincloth, bracers...
    Yeah, I think you have to be given that point. This is basically as direct a female translation of He-Man's "costume" as Mattel's standards people will allow

People don't like what they didn't grow up with. They don't know this Teela. It's not surprising.
    Although some of the same people were all for Gygor, Vikor, and The Green Goddess.

Since you like the sword & sorcery element more than anything for MOTU, I'm surprised you're OK that she has a raygun.

I think it has a lot to do with her hair length & color. I'm sure there would have been just as many people wishing Vikor & Wun-Dar were new characters if they were instead released as "Frozen Tundra He-Man" & "Baker He-Man".
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 14, 2011 at 03:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Is the headsculpt the same as the original Teela?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    She is just perfect from her weapons to her" weapons"

Too much armour. & couldn't we have a furry g-string?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Since you like the sword & sorcery element more than anything for MOTU, I'm surprised you're OK that she has a raygun.
    Her dad is Man-At-Arms.

Although I like swords and sorcery, I don't have an issue with tech in MOTU. I always likened any tech that they find to be leftover from the Great Wars and restored by MAA.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Oh boy, that "Buck Rogers" gun fits perfectly! Frazetta approved
    Last edited by JimPansen; February 14, 2011 at 05:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Exactly I don't get why people want her to be a different character...
    Well first of all if she is a same Teela we know of: "hey I'm a warrior, but I want to running around almost naked, but my boobs I must protect". Who the h.e.l.l. will use that kind of outfit if you have the white one?

Second: storywise I just don't get it why or when Teela needs to use that kind of outfit.

If she's someone else I'll understand.. maybe Green Goddess before transforming or something like that. Her outfit screams Preternia!
    That's why Teela sounds stupid. Hey look what thei did with Vikor!
    Last edited by Tuukka; February 14, 2011 at 05:16pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Now that Baena has his Green Goddess and MGM has his Warrior Bikini Teela, who's next to get their dream figure?

Will...

Tallstar get his Tallstar?
    RockinHard get Ram-Man?
    PixelDan get Mosquitor?
    I get ANY toy PoP designs or Illumina?!

P.S. GREAT shots from Figures.com
    I just had to at that, its about the same way I feel but substitute NA for PoP
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I just hope the skin tone is the same as original Teela so we can swap heads. This one with the gold helmet will look great.

I thought I had a set number of characters I want to buy. But if the 4H keep coming out with awesome hardcore fantasy based sculpts like this and Vikor, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to expand my collection a bit, or a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Well first of all if she is a same Teela we know of: "hey I'm a warrior, but I want to running around almost naked, but my boobs I must protect". Who the h.e.l.l. will use that kind of outfit if you have the white one?

Second: storywise I just don't get it why or when Teela needs to use that kind of outfit.

If she's someone else I'll understand.. maybe Green Goddess before transforming or something like that. Her outfit screams Preternia!
    You mean like how He-Man runs around in his normal costume or Thunder Punch rather than wear his Battle Armor full time?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post

I'm going to repost what I posted in another thread about the same subject:
    Color me confused, but I don't see why Ultimate Battleground Teela should be anyone other than the Teela we already know. It's not like Vikor who was a concept character that never made it past his inital sketch or Wun-Dar who was an obscure He-Man redeco with no backstory or name for that matter. This Teela appeared in the comics with this outfit as well as the more iconic outfit we all know. If we can get Adam/He-Man/Battle Armor He-Man/Comic He-Man, as well as Skeletor/Keldor/Battle Armor Skeletor/Comic Skeletor, not to mention Adora/She-Ra, then there is no need to make UB Teela a separate character when the precedent has been set and is in full effect.

After seeing TEELA, SHE-RA, and ADORA, I wondered how MATTEL would handle this figure because of her exposed stomach. I am very, very pleased with what I see. I do not think they could have handled it any better.

And by the way, I'll be happy to take the chick with the shaved head if MATTEL wants to make her, too.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 14, 2011 at 06:17pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

You mean like how He-Man runs around in his normal costume or Thunder Punch rather than wear his Battle Armor full time?
    Like you said his normal costume and yes we know he also has power ups!

Can he use that a full time.. they didn't tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    Color me confused, but I don't see why Ultimate Battleground Teela should be anyone other than the Teela we already know..
    Like I said it won't make a sense Teela to look that way in this canon/story, but we all know 90% don't make a sense in this canon/story

I'm not against Teela variants. I just want this story to work in my head, but it just won't and this is a another thing I would love a "prototype" figures that just tells you where they came from and not trying to fit in to the canon.
    Last edited by Tuukka; February 14, 2011 at 06:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I kinda like the idea that this armor is what Teela wears as an homage to He-Man... you know, once he gets summoned to the future to defend Primus and she's left on Eternia defending the planet with She-Ra and co.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I kinda like the idea that this armor is what Teela wears as an homage to He-Man... you know, once he gets summoned to the future to defend Primus and she's left on Eternia defending the planet with She-Ra and co.
    Hold on.

You might be on to something. It might be Teela imbued with some King Grayskull power. She'd be like Skipper to She-Ra's Barbie.

Of course I'd not like that because it would further water down She-Ra. Mattel doesn't seem to mind doing that though
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The different hair colour probably has a lot to do with it. To most fans Teela has always been a redhead, not a blonde.

I suppose a lot of people want her to get the same treatment as Wun-Dar & Vikor; receiving a brand-new character that they can use alongside Teela, instead of just a wardrobe change.