Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Battleground Teela Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    In the DC Comic, are there any other variations of the characters? Maybe Blue Vest Prince Adam? Also, are there any other decent characters that could be made into figures?
    Prince Adam (Blue Vest)
    Teela (Barbarian Bikini)
    King Randor and Queen Marlena (White Haired and elderly)

Those are the only characters who are strikingly different than their traditional appearances.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd really, really love to get this version of Teela!!
    Also it would be possible to switch heads with the regular first release, wich opens the option to just redecorate that one into the exact looks of the "Tale of Teela!" mini-comic! I'd SO love for that to happen!! Because I'd like to get both, this version of Teela as well as the mini-comic version...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I'd buy 5!
    I'd want 5 or maybe 6 for my collection(s), but I'd probable buy the whole set of 10 and re-sell 4 or 5 of them to folks here in Germany who don't want to buy internationally, don't have a credit card or missed out before it was sold out - and I'm sure it would sell out quickly!

And as far as the prototype-style Teela is concerned: I think that's what we'll get as first Teela-release.

edDy
    Last edited by Evil Ed; March 11, 2009 at 05:12pm.
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Ehhh.........looks nothing like Teela to me....just a generic 'slave girl' type character imo. Might as well be slave leia. It's certainly not Teela to me. imo, she looks like she belongs on conan the barbarian, or Xena...they can steer clear from that imo. I'd rather have motu a bit more unique than just another generic barbarian cliche.

on whether I'd want that version for Teela; that's ok...but no thanks... they don't need to do all the various 'unknown' or little known 'concept' versions of the characters. A 'classic' teela like the 80's version, or something along those lines is enough for me.

If they made that mostly nude DC version I'd still buy it, just to have a slave girl for Skeletor; but by no means would I ever consider it as a Teela figure. Pre filmation motu is not part of my mythos, nor will it ever be. fun to read, but that's as far as I go with it. Interesting to see how motu began in concept, but by no means part of my cannon.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Since Teela's clothes are going to be a rubber add-on, I wonder if her underclothes will be apinted in that outfit.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    How strange! I was just reading that series for the first time, and thought that was a really different, yet neat look for Teela! Now this thread is here, haha!

I would like cool versions like this. Liek someone else said, not before her classic, iconic look of course. But somewhere down the road I think it'd be great! This particular one can't happen I don't think, but I would buy it if it did indeed see release!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Since Teela's clothes are going to be a rubber add-on, I wonder if her underclothes will be apinted in that outfit.
    Seeing as this is technically an "adult" line where you have to be "18 yrs or older to order".

They could do whatever they wanted with Teela under her clothes...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Where did you hear that her clothes will be a rubber add on? I thought her white outfit is just going to be moulded as part of the figure.

I'd love it if she did have a bikini under the white outfit.

Mattel could kill many birds with one stone if they released this a bonus figure.

Release the blonde version of her normal head as a bonus accessory.

Perhaps we have just stumbled upon the 2011 subscription bonus figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Man View Post
    Perhaps we have just stumbled upon the 2011 subscription bonus figure.
    Or a future Comic Con exclusive.

I would definitely like this version of Teela!
    And I was just noticing how much this particular drawing of her looks like the actress Ali Larter! (Heroes, Final Destination)
    And now I'm thinking how she'd make a GREAT Teela in the next He-Man film!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8036/teeladc1a.jpg

They are even talking about this on Fwoosh. I guess people like Teela in a bikini.
    Personally, I think the look really takes MOTU back to it's barbarian warrior/sword and sorcery roots.
    – No comment.

Court Magician
    If they're going to make a bonus figure for Teela, this look seems like a no-brainer. Give her two new heads and this would be a very popular figure. Teela was always such a major character, giving her an alternate look makes too much sense. Mattel seems to be striving to give the collectors the figures they always wanted, and this one would certainly be wanted.

She's basically a female version of He-Man. Funny how some here are desensitized to He-Man's look but critical when Teela is in the comparable outfit.

Yum...I mean, Yes!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

here's a question, can't they technically do Teela ANY way they'd like as Teela is their character? take He-man for example, they can make Ice Armour he-man, martial arts he-man etc because they do own he-man as a character, those versions prior to the 2002 line didn't appear anywhere else. now I understand not being able to do a figure looking exactly like an appearance in other media, but Teela in a bikini is pretty generic, they can technically do that, just base the design on something more original or a bikini version of her regular look.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I like it Bring her on as a bonus figure.

Id like one she really looks like a barbarian queen. With lots of weapons
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Mmmmm, slave Teela.
    My feedback thread - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...36#post2355036

Great Traders!: kenobi96, engineer pwns, ByThePowerOf..., Amberbratt, REX-203, greyskull1, PowerOfGreyskull, Igorr, Stickfa, Beeto Bot, SKULLnBONES, JustariusX, tmthor, no_frills_inc, and KalesDad.

Quote Originally Posted by the80sdrummer View Post
    Mmmmm, slave Teela.
    I like this! Could this be the MOTU version of Slave LEIA? The costume has an extremely large fanbase...

Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 6, 2009 at 04:44pm.

I am definitely all in favor of that version of Teela.

Well, ANY version of her, really

I would buy it but not wantem right away
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

No i don't love! I prefer the Filmation style, such as royal guard!

I'm into it and would buy it. I really hope we get a Teela head with long hair at some point since she does let her hair down in the mini-comics.

Heroic Warrior
    Why not ? But for Heaven's sake, please do produce ALL the original 1980's MOTU, POP and NA figures BEFORE considering this kind of variant !

Too many variants kill the line (cf. the 200X line).

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde View Post
    No i don't love! I prefer the Filmation style, such as royal guard!
    Let me clarify something about this outfit...

This costume was simply something ELSE that she wore. It never replaced her regular costume. In the second and third DC issues, she wore her standard costume.

He-Man went to the palace to speak to the palace wizard. The guards stopped him at the gate and wouldn't let him through. He-Man was pressed for time. A fight would have ensued if Teela (in this outfit) didn't happen upon the scene and let him in.

Perhaps He-Man encounted her on her day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Why not ? But for Heaven's sake, please do produce ALL the original 1980's MOTU, POP and NA figures BEFORE considering this kind of variant !

Too many variants kill the line (cf. the 200X line).
    That's why we have the standard figures and then there are the bonus figures for the niche audiences.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I would LOVE to get the DC Comic version of Teela with the furry underpants and the metal bra!
    The "Bikini" Teela would be extremely awesome next to The (Green) Goddess
    I'd also love to see Savage He-Man with just the furry underpants.
    Those three would be classic

This would be the most awesome Teela figure and if we get Bikini Teela, we can swap heads to get this Teela