Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Battleground Teela Thread

Wonderbread He-Man and Wonderbra Teela!!!

I can't say I don't like the blonde version of Teela. But it's far more generic than the version we have. I could do with a long pony tail in 200x style (but that should be an extra head and not a variant), but I feel that part of Teela being special is that she is a red head instead of the typical blonde barbarian girl (yeah I remember Red Sonja but still it's not the most typical hair color).

I might get that version of Teela, but it's not a priority to me. I love the version we're getting, with the flaming red hair

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, that would be a great Teela to have! Skeletor would be able to dispatch her with a cold breeze! An easily defeatable hero is always an excellent thing.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    That's why we have the standard figures and then there are the bonus figures for the niche audiences.
    Do you still really believe in that lie or trick from Mattel ? Because, personally, I see we could have seen 2 NEW FIGURES (no bonus/repaint/variant stuff) per month instead of one new and one "bonus" (bogus ?) figure !

I wonder if we will ever have a chance to see all the 80's MOTU/POP/NA characters made, or if we'll be filled with more bonus figures/repaints/variants before the line ends... or crashes down.

Right now, I'd say this chance is running thin... Hope I'm wrong !

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah, that would be a great Teela to have! Skeletor would be able to dispatch her with a cold breeze! An easily defeatable hero is always an excellent thing.
    Like a majority of the heroes who aren't wearing much?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Do you still really believe in that lie or trick from Mattel ? Because, personally, I see we could have seen 2 NEW FIGURES (no bonus/repaint/variant stuff) per month instead of one new and one "bonus" (bogus ?) figure !
    Why is it a lie or a trick? The bonus figures pretty much only cater to niche audiences. If you don't care for a He-Man variant, Wonder Bread He-Man, another version of The Sorceress or another Cosmic Enforcer, they aren't taking up any normal slots for the unique characters.

I wonder if we will ever have a chance to see all the 80's MOTU/POP/NA characters made, or if we'll be filled with more bonus figures/repaints/variants before the line ends... or crashes down.

Right now, I'd say this chance is running thin... Hope I'm wrong !
    You're getting 12 figures a month, just like before. Plus MORE figures if you want them. Why the anxiety?

Besides, the bonus figures are optional, not mandatory. They'll help pay for new tooling on upcoming characters.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 6, 2009 at 05:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    We have over 100 figures to go through, not including variants and the Meteorbs (which are just lame), and not knowing exactly how many never produced before figures were getting. That's over 8 years to get at the current 12 figures a year rate. And I seriously doubt MotUC will last half of that (if the movie does come out in 2011 we will probably get a new line and I'd be surprised if MotUC wasn't discontinued). So I'd rather have a second new figure each month than these bonus every month, which will soon look too much like resued parts of a collection which by itself reuses parts a lot. I'm getting all the variants and "extras" announced so far (even BA He-Man because he looks damn cool, but that's the only extra He-Man I'll be getting), so I hope they won't overdue on extras, because even though I'd like to get the full collection for once, I won't if it implies getting 20 He-Mans, 15 Skeletors and 10 Teelas. Just repaint Mer-Man and turn him into Stinkor, and call him a bonus figure if you will

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    I can't say I don't like the blonde version of Teela. I feel that part of Teela being special is that she is a red head instead of the typical blonde barbarian girl
    I love the version we're getting, with the flaming red hair
    I prefer the red hair any day as well actually
    Teela with red hair makes her look better imo, more fierce!
    But seeing as how I would love it even more to have a Teela with her long hair down, I'm all up for the classic DC Bikini Teela.
    Seriously, who wouldn't want to see a Wonderbra Teela
    I will repaint her Blonde hair to Red, buy a few of the 1st release as well, do a head swap between the figures to make all 3 versions and I'll be the happiest camper around

I'd by the Teela from the DC comics that was shown on the first post of this thread. I like how she seems to be wearing the furry shorts like all the other MOTU characters!! LOL!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

I heard that Teela will have the bikini on under her outfit, but you have to cut off her outfit to see it.

* This is just a joke, do not cut open the outfit on your Teela.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I heard that Teela will have the bikini on under her outfit, but you have to cut off her outfit to see it.

You mean people weren't planning on cutting off her outfit anyway?

*BAH-DA-BUM* Thanks folks, I'm here all week!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    ***Please remove images from quotes. Thank you.***

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Check it out

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2526/teeladc.jpg

I'm sure that the overwhelming response will be NO, but I really dig this outfit. She wore it in the first issue of that DC mini waaay back in '83.

I think it would make a fantastic figure. It actually is legit, no matter how short lived.
    NO, sorry but if they ever do a 'Flesh Gordon' version of the MOTUC characters, I wont be collecting!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    You mean people weren't planning on cutting off her outfit anyway?

*BAH-DA-BUM* Thanks folks, I'm here all week!
    LOL! Fans will want to see what's going on under there, articulation-wise.

If Teela had removeable clothes like the Polly Pocket line, she could have a removable white outer garment and a removable bikini, both swappable. Basically Mattel should just make a naked Teela and use the removable rubber clothing to create the variants.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post

But everyone is doing it!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I would LOVE this version!! Just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I would LOVE this version!! Just awesome!
    Me too!

I think Mattel can EASILY make her as a bonus figure, thanks to her dress being a separate piece from her actual body.

• New head
    • New bra
    • New female loincloth underwear
    • Repainted blonde Teela head
    • Give her Man-At-Arms' little gun
    • Make a new "generic" sword.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 26, 2009 at 07:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Me too!

I think Mattel can EASILY make her as a bonus figure, thanks to her dress being a separate piece from her actual body.

• New head
    • New bra
    • New female loincloth underwear
    • Repainted blonde Teela head
    • Give her Man-At-Arms' little gun
    • Make a new "generic" sword.
    I hope her armor will come off like all the other MOTU figures. They need to be consistent so that it can be interchangeable. Not that anyone else is going to be wearing those metal cups of hers.

No.

When I was a kid one of the coolest things Teela had going for her was that she had red hair. I was so sick of every heroine having blond. I couldnt stand it. No one had brown or black hair save evil people and no one had red. I wouldnt want it.

That is the end of my rant
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

i would like it and they can reuse the top for the king hiss slave girl

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    No.

When I was a kid one of the coolest things Teela had going for her was that she had red hair. I was so sick of every heroine having blond. I couldnt stand it. No one had brown or black hair save evil people and no one had red. I wouldnt want it.

That is the end of my rant
    I think you're concentrating on the wrong thing. The blonde hair is probably the most incidental thing to this version of Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Basically Mattel should just make a naked Teela and use the removable rubber clothing to create the variants.
    Didn't you know Teela IS naked underneath her clothes?

LOL!! obviously, but yeah I guess we'll find out how the FIGURE looks like underneath the dress. I'm sure someone will undress her!

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Didn't you know Teela IS naked underneath her clothes?

LOL!! obviously, but yeah I guess we'll find out how the FIGURE looks like underneath the dress. I'm sure someone will undress her!
    Purely for research purposes of course.

I wonder if anybody will cut her clothes off just to see whats there? I always wanted to cut the Rabbit suit off my BTVS Anya figure but never had the guts to.I still wonder to this day what was there.

I don't know guys Blonde Teela just doesn't look special anymore,just generic.But if people want one then I hope they make one..

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Check it out

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2526/teeladc.jpg

I'm sure that the overwhelming response will be NO, but I really dig this outfit. She wore it in the first issue of that DC mini waaay back in '83.

I think it would make a fantastic figure. It actually is legit, no matter how short lived.
    No thanks... looks more like Xena than Teela. If the figure doesn't resemble the character i see in the tv shows, i'm generally not interested. It looks like a blatant rip-off of slave Leia to me. i like Teela's standard outfit much better, since it actually looks like something original to me.

As others have said, imo Teela looks better with red hair. practically ever fictional female character is blonde, so it's nice to have a female once in a while that isn't.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I don't know guys Blonde Teela just doesn't look special anymore,just generic. But if people want one then I hope they make one..
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    No thanks... looks more like Xena than Teela. If the figure doesn't resemble the character i see in the tv shows, i'm generally not interested. It looks like a blatant rip-off of slave Leia to me. i like Teela's standard outfit much better, since it actually looks like something original to me.

As others have said, imo Teela looks better with red hair. practically ever fictional female character is blonde, so it's nice to have a female once in a while that isn't.
    The generic barbarian look is her appeal, much like Ice Armor He-Man or even the Barbarian He-Man. She looks more barbarian-like.

You're right...she is the Slave Leia of MOTUC. As for a rip off, I think she pre-dates Slave Leia by a year (IIRC, DC mini-series came out in 1982, Return of the Jedi came out in 1983). I'll have to check...

It doesn't replace her standard costume when she wears in in issue#2.
    It's just another outfit.

For some of us, Teela was originally blonde. She was like that in practically all the media before her actual figure came out. Since this is MOTU Classics, you'd think that she would had been blonde.

However, I wouldn't deny others a red haired Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    Teela doesn't need to only have one outfit, just like He-Man has his battle armor. What happens when there's a heat wave or her white leotard with the gold trim gets dirty/ hot and sweaty and it goes in the wash? Teela can change out of that outfit once in a while as her clothes aren't permanently bonded to her. I'm sure she doesn't go to bed in it but probably sleeps completely naked.

As others have said, imo Teela looks better with red hair. practically ever fictional female character is blonde...
    You mean like Jean Grey/Phoenix, Mary Jane Watson, Red Sonja, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Black Widow, Pepper Potts, Siryn, Spider-Woman II, Medusa, Hellcat, Firestar, Poison Ivy, Giganta, Artemis, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Starfire, Kaitlin Fairchild? Practically every fictional female character like those?
    Last edited by Teela-Na; September 28, 2009 at 09:55am.