Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Battleground Teela Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    You mean like Jean Grey/Phoenix, Mary Jane Watson, Red Sonja, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Black Widow, Pepper Potts, Siryn, Spider-Woman II, Medusa, Hellcat, Firestar, Poison Ivy, Giganta, Artemis, Hawkgirl, Batgirl, Starfire, Kaitlin Fairchild? Practically every fictional female character like those?

Sorry, that's just dang funny! Good call.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Teela doesn't need to only have one outfit, just like He-Man has his battle armor. What happens when there's a heat wave or her white leotard with the gold trim gets dirty/ hot and sweaty and it goes in the wash? Teela can change out of that outfit once in a while as her clothes aren't permanently bonded to her. I'm sure she doesn't go to bed in it but probably sleeps completely naked.
    Actually from what I see here she does sleep in it And her boots!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    You never know when Skeletor is going to attack...

thats funny.

Mother ? can't she see its Skeletor ,I mean he is right above her!! If only she looked up and not to the side. Blondes yeash.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You never know when Skeletor is going to attack...
    MGM Thats funny too!

I guess I should update this thread with this tidbit from August 7th. Matty was answering a few fan questions that day on Facebook and I couldn't resist asking about a blonde Teela variant...

Matty, if I could pick your brain for a minute....if Teela was originally a blonde, why isn't she that way in MOTUC? Is there a bonus figure coming or special head in an accessory pack representing this original look?

This would be a great way to refresh Teela again down the road, but no plans in the immediate future.
    I wasn't asking specifically about THIS Teela, but packing that variant head with this look would definitely kill two birds with one stone.

She was probably just taking a nap. They were hardly going to treat us to naked Teela and her bare boobs in the mini comics.

And to add to the point I was making earlier to Multibot, and this applies to Vorgon too, is that blonde fictional female characters are far less common than you'd think. There are tons of red heads (as listed above) so a red-haired Teela is nothing out of the ordinary and would be much more generic. A blonde Teela WOULD be different and special.

Other red heads would include Maxima, Mystique, the original Shanna, Tigra, Vindicator (Heather Hudson), Gypsy Moth, Bethany Cabe, Spitfire to name a few.

Other non-blonde female characters include:

Wonder Woman, Huntress, Catwoman, Spider-Woman I, Batwoman, Wonder Girl, Vampirella, Big Barda, Psylocke, Storm, Vixen, Viper, Wasp, Zatanna, Mary Marvel, Elasti-Girl, Jade, She-Hulk, Star Sapphire, Kitty Pryde, Silver Sable, Scarlet Witch, Isis, Witchblade.

Virtually all the major comic characters aren't blonde except for a handful.

Even Black Canary isn't really a blonde.
    Last edited by Teela-Na; September 28, 2009 at 04:21pm.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Teela na When I said blonde makes her generic I mean when you think barbarian chick a blonde girl wearing leopard skin clothing comes to mind like barbarella or Shana(savage land boxset) you don't think firey red head.At least I don't think red head.

Those are some of the greatest females characters you brought up who aren't blonde so why would you want to deny Teela to be popular group?
    Instead you guys want to put her with Emma Frost,Magik,Purfuma,Double Trouble, Super Girl,Vandala, Sweet Bee,Buffy,Angella,She -ra,Power Girl,Sue Storm,Ms.Marvel,Magma,Sailor Moon.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I just am not a blonde lover and I think for me Teela would loose something if you take her red hair away.BUT I can see if blonde Teela was the first way you knew her why you would want her blonde.

Not really and I don't think it wold happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Not really and I don't think it wold happen anyway.

I can not believe you got He-Man as a screen name.That is wicked awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    Teela na When I said blonde makes her generic I mean when you think barbarian chick a blonde girl wearing leopard skin clothing comes to mind like barbarella or Shana(savage land boxset) you don't think firey red head.At least I don't think red head.

Only that Barbarella wasn't a barbarian but a space chick, never wore leopard skin and wasn't blonde:

Blonde Shanna (from the Savage Land box set) is not the original version either but a reimagining, just like red-haired Teela from the Filmation cartoon is a reimagining of the original blonde Teela. Blonde Shanna isn't even in proper Marvel continuity but is just called Shanna because she resembles the comic character. The original Shanna is a red head:

If you're talking about girls in leopard skins, they're jungle girls not barbarians. As far as I know, Teela was never a jungle girl. When you think of barbarian girls too, the stereotypical image is probably a red head like Red Sonja. While anyone can edit Wikipedia, I agree with this paragraph on her entry:

Red Sonja has become the archetypical example of the fantasy figure of a fierce and stunningly beautiful female barbarian who typically wears armor resembling a bikini or lingerie.

Those are some of the greatest females characters you brought up who aren't blonde so why would you want to deny Teela to be popular group?
    Instead you guys want to put her with Emma Frost,Magik,Purfuma,Double Trouble, Super Girl,Vandala, Sweet Bee,Buffy,Angella,She -ra,Power Girl,Sue Storm,Ms.Marvel,Magma,Sailor Moon.
    But now you're contradicting yourself because if all those greatest females aren't blonde, then how can it make blonde Teela generic and not special anymore? If anything, as a blonde, she's more likely to stand out. Red heads are probably far more common among females in comics.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I just am not a blonde lover and I think for me Teela would loose something if you take her red hair away.BUT I can see if blonde Teela was the first way you knew her why you would want her blonde.
    As Battle Brak mentioned in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Brak
    For those of us that grew up primarily on mini-comcs and storybooks Filmation feels so far removed from what MOTU is supposed to be. It's like how the 60s Batman show was to the Batman property. For a long time it was the most recognized incarnation even though it was also the most cheesy and *******ized version.
    Similarly, the red haired Filmation Teela is like most people knowing the Adam West Batman which was the popular version in people's minds for decades.
    Last edited by Teela-Na; September 28, 2009 at 06:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx324/synthalus/motuc/teela_loose_blondhair.jpg
    I don't care if her hair is blonde, red, or strawberry blonde, as long as her hair looks like this. That's Teela! I don't mind her current head at all though, but would like to see this down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    I don't care if her hair is blonde, red, or strawberry blonde, as long as her hair looks like this. That's Teela! I don't mind her current head at all though, but would like to see this down the line.
    That's why it would be a good idea for Mattel to make THIS Teela (which would come with the hair down look) and come with the alternate blonde head. That way you could switch heads at your leisure.

That's why it would be a good idea for Mattel to make THIS Teela (which would come with the hair down look) and come with the alternate blonde head. That way you could switch heads at your leisure.
    Do you think her bikini top armor might have trouble staying on? Not that I would be complaining.

Nice to see this thread popping back up.

After finally seeing how fantastice the TEELA figure turned out, it makes me wish for a 'Savage' TEELA all the more. The HORSEMEN would make it rock!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

First, I must reiterate that I would love this version of Teela, and my (very blonde) girlfriend would also appreciate the change of hair color. Still, Teela is and always will be a red-head to me. I'd take both versions anyhow!

Oh, and (in most incarnations) April O'Neil is a red-head!

She's also shown wearing some sort of nightgown in the MYP episode "Ties That Bind".

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    She's also shown wearing some sort of nightgown in the MYP episode "Ties That Bind".
    It's just the santized, kiddies version. A true warrior goddess sleeps in the nude.

Do you think her bikini top armor might have trouble staying on? Not that I would be complaining.
    Nah! It'll be glued on as tightly as Stratos' wings were.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Nice to see this thread popping back up.

After finally seeing how fantastice the TEELA figure turned out, it makes me wish for a 'Savage' TEELA all the more. The HORSEMEN would make it rock!
    If they are just adding dresses to bare bodies (If the upper torso underneath Teela's dress has a sculpted stomach and navel, then all a DC Teela would need is just three new pieces (head, bra and lower torso).

If there isn't sculpting underneath, then it's four new pieces and even more unlikely, because they have to sculpt a new bare female torso. IIRC, DC Teela might be the only MOTU character with a bare stomach.

It's just the santized, kiddies version. A true warrior goddess sleeps in the nude.
    And with a knife under the pillow.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 29, 2009 at 11:54am.

Sure I buy her, but not anytime soon. I rather see other vintage figure get released 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by DaViper View Post
    Sure I buy her, but not anytime soon. I rather see other vintage figure get released 1st.
    She most likely would be a bonus figure ala Battle Armor He-Man, so she wouldn't interfere with the standard monthly releases.

She most likely would be a bonus figure ala Battle Armor He-Man, so she wouldn't interfere with the standard monthly releases.

What would she be called? Horny Male Fantasy Teela? With so many people talking about removing her clothes(not that it's beneath me to try myself...), that's what it seems like.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    What would she be called? Horny Male Fantasy Teela? With so many people talking about removing her clothes(not that it's beneath me to try myself...), that's what it seems like.
    Well, she is the least dressed out of the MOTU females, so I'd expect the whole Slave Leia vibe that this figure can channel.

Good question though...what "official fandom name" do we call DC Comics Teela?

To Tempt the Gods Teela?
    Blonde Teela?
    Barbarian Teela?
    Bikini Teela?
    Off Hours Teela?

Well, she is the least dressed out of the MOTU females, so I'd expect the whole Slave Leia vibe that this figure can channel.

Good question though...what "official fandom name" do we call DC Comics Teela?

To Tempt the Gods Teela?
    Blonde Teela?
    Barbarian Teela?
    Bikini Teela?
    Off Hours Teela?
    To Tempt the Collectors Teela
    Over dressed Teela

To Tempt the Collectors Teela
    Over dressed Teela
    Overdressed Teela?

So...if Blonde Teela in MOTUC isn't the Teela we know, who is she?

This thread is fun it goes from being very "gay" all us hairdressers..lol to being very hetro, bikini girls!! love it...its all very male though...heheh...cant post anymore on this cause I think i would start getting into xxx land....maybe Teela is Eternias answer to Madonna and enjoys re-invention..hehehhe....is that "uber" gay???? Love it!