Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kobra Khan: Evil Warrior of Skeletor's or Snake Man?

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Kobra Khan: Evil Warrior of Skeletor's or Snake Man?

Just wondering how you all would like to see Mattel deal with Kobra Khan's bio in regards to which evil group he belongs/belonged to. We all know he started off as one of Skeletor's evil warriors in toy form & in the Filmation cartoon, and when the Snake Men were released, he was told by Skeletor to join them as a spy in the King of the Snake Men mini-comic. Now, in the 200X line, he was introduced as a Snake Man, and in the MYP cartoon, he did "join" Skeletor's crew for a few minutes, but that, of course, was a trick just so he can enter Snake Mountain in order to free King Hiss & company from the void. So, with the mish-mashing of canons, how would you like Mattel to handle KK's bio? Do you want to see him start off as an Evil Warrior who maybe leaves Skeletor to join the Snake Men or have him start off as a Snake Man from the get go?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Just wondering how you all would like to see Mattel deal with Kobra Khan's bio in regards to which evil group he belongs/belonged to. We all know he started off as one of Skeletor's evil warriors in toy form & in the Filmation cartoon, and when the Snake Men were released, he was told by Skeletor to join them as a spy in the King of the Snake Men mini-comic. Now, in the 200X line, he was introduced as a Snake Man, and in the MYP cartoon, he did "join" Skeletor's crew for a few minutes, but that, of course, was a trick just so he can enter Snake Mountain in order to free King Hiss & company from the void. So, with the mish-mashing of canons, how would you like Mattel to handle KK's bio? Do you want to see him start off as an Evil Warrior who maybe leaves Skeletor to join the Snake Men or have him start off as a Snake Man from the get go?
    As much as having Khan be a Snake Man makes sense, I prefer him as one of Skeletor's guys, hanging out with Webstor and all that. Personally, then, I'd prefer the spy route of the mini-comics.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

This was discussed in the Original fourm. I like the idea that he started out as an evil warrior and then started to spy on King Hiss but turned on Skeletor and then joined the snake men

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    This was discussed in the Original fourm. I like the idea that he started out as an evil warrior and then started to spy on King Hiss but turned on Skeletor and then joined the snake men
    MYP looked like they were setting Khan up to betray Hsss and join Skeletor, after being humiliated and looked down upon by the others.

I keep my 2002 Khan with my Evil Warriors. I would do the same for MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Khan should be a Snake Man.

King Hiss and the other Snake Men don't respect him, but he's far better off with them than he is with Skeletor. Besides, he'd be valued more as one of 6 Snake Men, rather than just another Evil Warrior.

Life is bad when Beast Man is higher on the totem pole than you are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Noo.. what happens to Webstor if Khan is gone Those two guys are mates !!! Like Batman & Robin.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Khan should be a Snake Man.

King Hiss and the other Snake Men don't respect him, but he's far better off with them than he is with Skeletor. Besides, he'd be valued more as one of 6 Snake Men, rather than just another Evil Warrior.

Life is bad when Beast Man is higher on the totem pole than you are.
    Amen....

Khan is a snake, and a man... so IMO he's a Snakeman and belongs with them more than Skeletor. He & Web-head didn't exactly get along so well anyway...lol And he wasn't really utilized as part of that group much anyway, except maybe a couple times. The rest of the time he was on his own.

Khan could also be a free agent imo, and turn on anyone he sees fit. It's fitting since he's a 'snake'....

I see the snakemen as a 6 member unit, so Kahn (not the Star Trek guy, lol) belongs with them since he's got the snake theme going. There's Kobra, Rattlesnake, Boa Boy, Tongue Licker, Medusa Face & the King Cluster of Snakes.
    Anyway, at least to me, khan is a part of the Snakemen and will be displayed as such, regardless of what bio they give him.

yeah, now on to the debate as to whether modulok is a horde member or not....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I'm fine with any bio that addresses this issue.

I second that - that's what he is to me anyway...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I'd like to see Khan as an Evil Warrior for this line.

And I hope once we get to the Snake Men that they turn out to be ancient galactic conquerors like in the original mini-comics.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I like him as an evil warrior and eventually a spy among the snake men....at least at the beginning, as in the 80's he've been like that for a lot of time before the snake men arrived. After being a spy he could actually betray skeletor and join the snake men...

For me, Khan is an Evil Warrior.

I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be. Khan's like the original Snakeman to me, and I like the idea of Skeletor having one amongst his ranks. Skelly's got that much pull and power.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be.
    I always thought the explaination for that was to even the forces out since they couldn't just make more Horde and Snake Men. Hordak and King Hiss have far less warriors than He-Man and Skeletor, but they were written as being very powerful in order to make up for that difference in numbers.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That was before the Snake Men showed up...

It would have been interesting to see a Filmation King Hiss. Why didn't King Hiss show up, while Rattlor and Tung Lashor did?
    I always assumed it was a lack of compatability....you could have Rattlor and Tung Lashor working for either Hordak or Skeletor (although the switching back and forth was weird), but I can't see a character called King Hiss working for someone else. Just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For me, Khan is an Evil Warrior.

I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be. Khan's like the original Snakeman to me, and I like the idea of Skeletor having one amongst his ranks. Skelly's got that much pull and power.

I agree with you...in the vintage line, to me, the Snake Men were kind of a neat gimmicky-subset, kind of affiliated with Skeletor, but I got very tired of them in the MYP cartoon. I suspect it's because their personalities were all kind of similar, as was the gimmick...basically, they're all snakes, to state the obvious. (At least with the Evil Warriors you get variety...fish, spider, crab, skunk, etc.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
    I second that - that's what he is to me anyway...

edDy
    I agree with the above 2 statements, i prefer this route aswell. Makes sense.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Khan is an Evil warrior.
    The King of the snake men made it very clear to me back in the 80s

Last edited by Mike Bock; April 28, 2011 at 02:26pm.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I could've swore I posted in this thread already,but I can't find my post.But he is an Evil Warrior for Skeletor,Not a Snakeman for King Hiss.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I always liked Kobra Khan as The Evil Master of Snakes! One who has powers over all serpentine creatures, just as Beast Man has powers over all the evil beasts of the forests and Mer-Man of the monsters of the deep!

Then when The Snake Men got introduced, I like the whole idea of Khan being a spy for Skelly Face! I mean, he's not really, like NOT REALLY a snake man anyway. Just a repton. An offshoot, sub-species, under-type, sub-category of the Snake Men genes.

So, Kobra Khan should be as he should be. A member of Skeletor's ranks!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; March 11, 2009 at 03:11am.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    In my mind Khan will always be an Evil Warrior.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    I always liked Kobra Khan as The Evil Master of Snakes! One who has powers over all serpentine creatures, just as Beast Man has powers over all the evil beasts of the forests and Mer-Man of the monsters of the deep!

Then when The Snake Men got introduced, I like the whole idea of Khan being a spy for Skelly Face! I mean, he's not really, like NOT REALLY a snake man anyway. Just a repton. An offshoot, sub-species, under-type, sub-category of the Snake Men genes.

So, Kobra Khan should be as he should be. A member of Skeletor's ranks!
    I don't understand how you can say KK is a offshoot sub-species of the Snake Men. I mean, at least we know he based as an actual cobra, like Rattlor is based on a rattlesnake and Squeeeze is based on a boa/python/anaconda. Anyone figure out what Tung Lashor is based on yet? He always felt more lizard with those geoko-looking hands and that dragonfly crossbow. And Snake Face was just a guy who looked like a rottening corpse with snakes coming out of him. I think KK deserves better Snake Man status than at least those 2 guys, but that's just my opinion.

I like Khan as a Snakeman just because the Snakemen only have a few members and need all the help they can get.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Khan is a part of the Snakemen, but also an evil warrior when it suits him.

I wonder if the figure can come with a "clip-on" Snakemen logo to put on his belt?

Would anyone except that Kobra Khan is simply twofaced trying to please both Skeletor & Snakemen.

I would like to think he wants to be usefull to both parties but at the same time really wants the glory for himself.

I like KK being a snakemen. It makes more sense.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Would anyone except that Kobra Khan is simply twofaced trying to please both Skeletor & Snakemen.

I would like to think he wants to be usefull to both parties but at the same time really wants the glory for himself.

Yeah. Maybe he's just using everyone to get what he wants. Maybe he doesn't care about sides. Maybe he could care less if Skeletor enters Castle Greyskull or whatever that ninny King Hiss is up to. Maybe he just wants to make enough cash so he can go retire on Etheria with enough bling to impress Frosta, Castaspella and all those other sexy chicks. Then Skeletor and He-Man can fight over Eternia as usual while Kobra Khan lives it up. This is now my official view of him. Kobra Khan is a pimp. I hope his bio reflects this.