Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobra Khan: Evil Warrior of Skeletor's or Snake Man?

Heroic Warrior

Kobra Khan: Evil Warrior of Skeletor's or Snake Man?

Just wondering how you all would like to see Mattel deal with Kobra Khan's bio in regards to which evil group he belongs/belonged to. We all know he started off as one of Skeletor's evil warriors in toy form & in the Filmation cartoon, and when the Snake Men were released, he was told by Skeletor to join them as a spy in the King of the Snake Men mini-comic. Now, in the 200X line, he was introduced as a Snake Man, and in the MYP cartoon, he did "join" Skeletor's crew for a few minutes, but that, of course, was a trick just so he can enter Snake Mountain in order to free King Hiss & company from the void. So, with the mish-mashing of canons, how would you like Mattel to handle KK's bio? Do you want to see him start off as an Evil Warrior who maybe leaves Skeletor to join the Snake Men or have him start off as a Snake Man from the get go?

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Just wondering how you all would like to see Mattel deal with Kobra Khan's bio in regards to which evil group he belongs/belonged to. We all know he started off as one of Skeletor's evil warriors in toy form & in the Filmation cartoon, and when the Snake Men were released, he was told by Skeletor to join them as a spy in the King of the Snake Men mini-comic. Now, in the 200X line, he was introduced as a Snake Man, and in the MYP cartoon, he did "join" Skeletor's crew for a few minutes, but that, of course, was a trick just so he can enter Snake Mountain in order to free King Hiss & company from the void. So, with the mish-mashing of canons, how would you like Mattel to handle KK's bio? Do you want to see him start off as an Evil Warrior who maybe leaves Skeletor to join the Snake Men or have him start off as a Snake Man from the get go?
    As much as having Khan be a Snake Man makes sense, I prefer him as one of Skeletor's guys, hanging out with Webstor and all that. Personally, then, I'd prefer the spy route of the mini-comics.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

This was discussed in the Original fourm. I like the idea that he started out as an evil warrior and then started to spy on King Hiss but turned on Skeletor and then joined the snake men

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    This was discussed in the Original fourm. I like the idea that he started out as an evil warrior and then started to spy on King Hiss but turned on Skeletor and then joined the snake men
    MYP looked like they were setting Khan up to betray Hsss and join Skeletor, after being humiliated and looked down upon by the others.

I keep my 2002 Khan with my Evil Warriors. I would do the same for MOTUC.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Khan should be a Snake Man.

King Hiss and the other Snake Men don't respect him, but he's far better off with them than he is with Skeletor. Besides, he'd be valued more as one of 6 Snake Men, rather than just another Evil Warrior.

Life is bad when Beast Man is higher on the totem pole than you are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Noo.. what happens to Webstor if Khan is gone Those two guys are mates !!! Like Batman & Robin.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Noo.. what happens to Webstor if Khan is gone Those two guys are mates !!! Like Batman & Robin.
    That was before the Snake Men showed up...

It would have been interesting to see a Filmation King Hiss. Why didn't King Hiss show up, while Rattlor and Tung Lashor did?

Yes, I'm an evil warrior in disguise and spying on King Hiss and his henchmen.

When I bought Khan in the 80's the Snakemen weren't around yet, so he's been an evil warrior for a long time; when the other came out I used the minicomic story to justify his new affiliation to Hiss, and I still like to see him as Skeletor's spy.
    I don't dislike the myp version, but nostalgia wins over everything.
    Last edited by Kobra Khan; March 11, 2009 at 05:11am.

I second that - that's what he is to me anyway...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I'd like to see Khan as an Evil Warrior for this line.

And I hope once we get to the Snake Men that they turn out to be ancient galactic conquerors like in the original mini-comics.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

For me, Khan is an Evil Warrior.

I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be. Khan's like the original Snakeman to me, and I like the idea of Skeletor having one amongst his ranks. Skelly's got that much pull and power.

Heroic Warrior
    I like him as an evil warrior and eventually a spy among the snake men....at least at the beginning, as in the 80's he've been like that for a lot of time before the snake men arrived. After being a spy he could actually betray skeletor and join the snake men...

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Khan should be a Snake Man.

King Hiss and the other Snake Men don't respect him, but he's far better off with them than he is with Skeletor. Besides, he'd be valued more as one of 6 Snake Men, rather than just another Evil Warrior.

Life is bad when Beast Man is higher on the totem pole than you are.
    Amen....

Khan is a snake, and a man... so IMO he's a Snakeman and belongs with them more than Skeletor. He & Web-head didn't exactly get along so well anyway...lol And he wasn't really utilized as part of that group much anyway, except maybe a couple times. The rest of the time he was on his own.

Khan could also be a free agent imo, and turn on anyone he sees fit. It's fitting since he's a 'snake'....

I see the snakemen as a 6 member unit, so Kahn (not the Star Trek guy, lol) belongs with them since he's got the snake theme going. There's Kobra, Rattlesnake, Boa Boy, Tongue Licker, Medusa Face & the King Cluster of Snakes.
    Anyway, at least to me, khan is a part of the Snakemen and will be displayed as such, regardless of what bio they give him.

yeah, now on to the debate as to whether modulok is a horde member or not....
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I think he is an Evil Warrior, but belongs with the snake-men. I think there is enough matterial in mini-comics and 200x to justify him being either a spy for the EW or a spy for the SM. Personally I will place him with the SM regardless that the package/mattel/popular opinion says.

I think he should join the horde!

Hmmm...this is an interesting scenario indeed.

While I like him as an evil warrior and eventually a spy among the snake men.... as in the 80's, There is also a lot to be said for him being the distant relatives of the snakemen from 200x.

I think the "perfect" solution would be a melding of the two.

Have him start as a bad guy...on team Skeletor, spying on, decieving the snakemen initially, but DISCOVERING his true heritage and then TURNING on Skeletor.

which i suppose would make his true origin of snakemen decent.

so...I guess I'm for the snakemen origin, roundaboutly.
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    See my thread in the original lines forums.
    Of course I think this one already has more replies
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    See my thread in the original lines forums.
    Of course I think this one already has more replies
    Was not trying to rain on your parade. This thread was posted in regards to how you would like to see Mattel handle his bio in the MOTU Classics line, so I would say this is the perfect forum for this discussion. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be.
    I always thought the explaination for that was to even the forces out since they couldn't just make more Horde and Snake Men. Hordak and King Hiss have far less warriors than He-Man and Skeletor, but they were written as being very powerful in order to make up for that difference in numbers.

Kobra Khan (evil warrior)was always for me a snake monster on Skelis side.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Was not trying to rain on your parade. This thread was posted in regards to how you would like to see Mattel handle his bio in the MOTU Classics line, so I would say this is the perfect forum for this discussion. :-)
    Oh I dont really care.
    In my post I asked where people placed him in thier MOTU world.
    I wondered what a majority of people had him placed.
    I always had him with Skeltor until I got King Hiss and then he kinda spyed on skeletor or just flatout betrayed him.

I dont know where I would have him stand today.
    As for the Bio, I want as close to the original as possible.
    Yet jazz it up some.
    If he is gonna be a Snakeman then have him betraying Skeletor or having him spying on him, make it really add some drama.
    Or if they keep him an evil warrior, have him betray King Hiss.
    Just add some good ol trechery in there or something
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I hope they have that rivalry with General Rattlor up in that bio.

He's gotta make up for the fact that he hasn't tasted flesh like the others.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That was before the Snake Men showed up...

It would have been interesting to see a Filmation King Hiss. Why didn't King Hiss show up, while Rattlor and Tung Lashor did?
    I always assumed it was a lack of compatability....you could have Rattlor and Tung Lashor working for either Hordak or Skeletor (although the switching back and forth was weird), but I can't see a character called King Hiss working for someone else. Just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    For me, Khan is an Evil Warrior.

I think the Snakemen were overblown in 200X/MYP, and I've never much cared for how powerful they were made to be. Khan's like the original Snakeman to me, and I like the idea of Skeletor having one amongst his ranks. Skelly's got that much pull and power.

I agree with you...in the vintage line, to me, the Snake Men were kind of a neat gimmicky-subset, kind of affiliated with Skeletor, but I got very tired of them in the MYP cartoon. I suspect it's because their personalities were all kind of similar, as was the gimmick...basically, they're all snakes, to state the obvious. (At least with the Evil Warriors you get variety...fish, spider, crab, skunk, etc.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I thought the snake men were one of the dumbest concepts in motu, but the MYP cartoon portrayed them pretty well, as they did with many other characters I previously didn't like.
    Anyway I think Kobra Khan is a bit of a double agent.

For me....Khan is part of the Snake Men. If you display the figures by groups...Heroic, Evil Warrior, Snake Men, Horde.............I think Khan looks out of place with the Evil Warriors, and definately fits in perfect with the rest of the Snake Men.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
    I second that - that's what he is to me anyway...

edDy
    I agree with the above 2 statements, i prefer this route aswell. Makes sense.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!