Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kobra Khan: Evil Warrior of Skeletor's or Snake Man?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

10. Vorgon: In the mini-comics and Filmation cartoon, Kobra Kahn was an Evil Warrior. But in 200X he was allied with the Snakemen. When we get to Kobra Kahn in MOTUC, will he be an Evil Warrior or a Snakemen?

You’ll just have to wait and see!
    I asked this question in WTFWTK way back when and that is what TG replied with.

I see Kobra Kahn as an Evil Warrior.MGM I dont think Kahn was treated any better by King Hsss,actually I think Skeletor treated him better.I never really saw Khan as a lackey for Skeletor though.In Filmation Mer-man and Beastman always seemed to be the only lackeys among the evil warriors.In 2002 MYP cannon i felt they were ALL lackeys for Skeletor,even Evil-Lyn i grew tired of.In MYP Kahn was less then a lackey he was a groveling mess who just wanted King Hssss' approval.I can't speak for his protrayal in the mini comics as i never read them.

But to be pefectly honest its not really his bio I care about its his toy.
    I dont want him to have the sculpted Snake men Logo on his belt.The vintage figure did'nt but the 2002 figure did.I hope that perhaps the horsemen will do something akin to the heart on bow's chest.So if you want Kahn a snakemen you can have the logo or not if you plan to have him with the evil warriors.

What i do Want is to have Webstor on Kobra Kahn's cardback.I think it would be an awesome little easter egg.You know a nod to them being bestfriends in filmation.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I asked this question in WTFWTK way back when and that is what TG replied with.

I see Kobra Kahn as an Evil Warrior. MGM I dont think Kahn was treated any better by King Hsss, actually I think Skeletor treated him better. I never really saw Khan as a lackey for Skeletor though.In Filmation Mer-man and Beastman always seemed to be the only lackeys among the evil warriors.In 2002 MYP cannon i felt they were ALL lackeys for Skeletor, even Evil-Lyn i grew tired of. In MYP Kahn was less then a lackey he was a groveling mess who just wanted King Hssss' approval. I can't speak for his protrayal in the mini comics as i never read them.
    Khan wasn't around the Evil Warriors long enough for Skeletor to start abusing him. The other Snake Men might hate Khan, but all that matters is King Hssss' constant approval.

King Hssss never tortures any of the Snake Men for failure or for a laugh like Skeletor always did. The relationship with the Snake Men is quite different than the Evil Warriors, as none of the Snake Men want to overthrow King Hssss. Skeletor's Evil Warriors are like organized crime, while The Snake Men are like a perverse King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    What if...?

Just an idea... what if they made Kobra Khan as an ally to Skeletor and after his betrayal he's becoming Camouflage Khan, a full Snakemen transformed by King Hsss?

That way they could justify his variant (many fans want this one) and give him two different bios without making him two separate characters...

what do you think?!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Khan wasn't around the Evil Warriors long enough for Skeletor to start abusing him. The other Snake Men might hate Khan, but all that matters is King Hssss' constant approval.

King Hssss never tortures any of the Snake Men for failure or for a laugh like Skeletor always did. The relationship with the Snake Men is quite different than the Evil Warriors, as none of the Snake Men want to overthrow King Hssss. Skeletor's Evil Warriors are like organized crime, while The Snake Men are like a perverse King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
    Okay, so this was a previous thread afterall.

But yeah, I agree with you MGM. Not to mention, the card back of the vintage toy says "Snake Man Henchmen". Based on that, and based on the fact that TG is a 200X'er, as well as the fact that much of Filmation can't be utilized, it's pretty safe to say that KK will be a Snake Man, as he rightfully should be.

Besides, the Evil warriors seem to be the largest faction at this point. The Snake Men only have 6 (if you include KK). Their ranks need to be increased.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Kobra Khan is an Evil Warrior cuz Benedict Judas Hel said so...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Kobra Khan is an Evil Warrior cuz Benedict Judas Hel said so...
    Who? Is he somehow related to Chuck Norris?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Who? Is he somehow related to Chuck Norris?
    Somewhat. Both have a legendary underground status about their exploits. But Benedict's also the universe's foremost authority on Evil. No one knows the mindset or psychology of villainy (mortal or supernatural) like he does. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's super-mega-awesome-cool with a keen fashion sense to boot...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 27, 2011 at 02:29pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

What makes Kobra Kahn special is that he is a snake man who belongs to skeletors troops. He was the first Snake Man before Snake Men were around. I think he tries to get advantage from both factions but in the end both factions use him like a puppet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Okay, so this was a previous thread afterall.

But yeah, I agree with you MGM. Not to mention, the card back of the vintage toy says "Snake Man Henchmen". Based on that, and based on the fact that TG is a 200X'er, as well as the fact that much of Filmation can't be utilized, it's pretty safe to say that KK will be a Snake Man, as he rightfully should be.

Besides, the Evil warriors seem to be the largest faction at this point. The Snake Men only have 6 (if you include KK). Their ranks need to be increased.
    Filmation can't be used... but minicomics can. I loved the 'spy' aspect of the minicomic Khan.

Personally, I'm in favor of using whatever makes the character COOLEST. filmation he was kind of a non-entity... Myp he was a groveling whipping boy... mini comics he was a double agent.

Oh yeah... that's cooler

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    The card back of the vintage toy says "Snake Man Henchmen". Based on that, and based on the fact that TG is a 200X'er, as well as the fact that much of Filmation can't be utilized, it's pretty safe to say that KK will be a Snake Man, as he rightfully should be.
    That tagline was just for his 1986 reissue. In his original 1984 release he was the "Evil Master of Snakes".

I do agree that for his bio they probably will end up putting him with the Snake Man, although it would be nice if they'd include the Snake Men logo sticker unapplied for those of us who prefer him to be one of Skeletor's Evil Warriors.

I like him best as a Snake Man, who seeks refuge from Skeletor's leadership when King Hssss arrives on the scene. Even though the other Snake Men are wary of him, he wins favor and approval from his King.

Heroic Warrior
    Kobra Khan should be loyal to the Snake Men. I love the 200x storyline. KK joins Skeletor's warriors for a while (longer than on the cartoon). But his agenda is always to free King Hsss. After freeing Hsss Kobra Khan joins the Snakemen. The other Snakemen may have looked down on Kahn but he was treated with value and respect by King Hsss.
    Last edited by NagAAsi; April 28, 2011 at 03:23am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I dont know why but that first sentence makes me laugh. But i do have to agree with you,the snakemen are loyal to King Hssss.In some demented way i would go as far to say that they love him.I remember when King Hsss was thrown in the abyss that surrounds Castle Grayskull and all the snake men start jumping in after him.Now that is love.

Does leave one to wonder if he has done something for them to love him so much? I mean did he save them? Far as we know they have been stuck in the void after their failed attack ,yet they still remain loyal and harbor no ill will towards their king Hssss.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I dont know why but that first sentence makes me laugh. But i do have to agree with you,the snakemen are loyal to King Hssss.In some demented way i would go as far to say that they love him.I remember when King Hsss was thrown in the abyss that surrounds Castle Grayskull and all the snake men start jumping in after him.Now that is love.

Does leave one to wonder if he has done something for them to love him so much? I mean did he save them? Far as we know they have been stuck in the void after their failed attack ,yet they still remain loyal and harbor no ill will towards their king Hssss.
    He infected them with a techno-lemming-virus-gene ... or maybe his poison is a lovepotion?

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    Kobra Khan should be loyal to the Snake Men. I love the 200x storyline. KK joins Skeletor's warriors for a while (longer than on the cartoon). But his agenda is always to free King Hsss. After freeing Hsss Kobra Khan joins the Snakemen. The other Snakemen may have looked down on Kahn but he was treated with value and respect by King Hsss.
    I personally think Hsss also respect KK because he knows how to use tech and with an army that mostly uses muscle or magic that is a nesscessity. Plus he is the only guy on their team that is somewhat aware of current events and the past history of Eternia post void imprisonment.

Also now that I have seen MYP and read most of the comics over the years I think it was KK who installed the laser blaster in SSSqueeze's staff which was probably a plain flexible staff during KG's time.

Also I really hope Mattel gets back the magazine rights in one of the old issues there was a giant Robo-Snake vehicle that was touted as a Snakeman ride and had KK piloting it in the picture. I always figured he made this as well because Hsss' army is mostly limited to a few soldiers, 5 henchmen, and one Tyrantsaurus Rex for Hsss to ride, while the Evil Warriors, Horde, and Space Mutant have at least a base and two or the rides/steeds.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    Also I really hope Mattel gets back the magazine rights in one of the old issues there was a giant Robo-Snake vehicle that was touted as a Snakeman ride and had KK piloting it in the picture. I always figured he made this as well because Hsss' army is mostly limited to a few soldiers, 5 henchmen, and one Tyrantsaurus Rex for Hsss to ride, while the Evil Warriors, Horde, and Space Mutant have at least a base and two or the rides/steeds.
    DO you happen to recall which magazine that Snake vehicle was in? I would really love to see that. I always bemoaned the fact that the Snakemen had no vehicles.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    DO you happen to recall which magazine that Snake vehicle was in? I would really love to see that. I always bemoaned the fact that the Snakemen had no vehicles.
    It was in the U.S. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Magzine Summer 1986 pages 16 and 17. The cover has He-Man facing King Hssss in his Hydra/Snake form with Snake Mountain, KK, Toung Lasher, and Rattlor in the background. also picture with the snakemen vehicle are the Blasterhawk with BA He-Man driving, The Bat Pak with Filmation Manteena piloting, and the Up-Scaler(frog like suction cup thing) being driven by Moss-Man. There is also a blank space to draw your own ride. Unfortunatly except for the Blasterhawk all these other machines are probably off limits.

The Exact Quote in the Magazine for the Rattle Trap(picture has KK driving):

Rattle Trap: Slithering Spy Vehicle for the Snakemen

This vehicle is designed to move over very rough terrain. Its tail swings forward to clear everything in its way. Wired for voice-command, this transport can rear up to provide unobstucted veiws over fortress walls. The Snake Men would feel right at home in this scaly vehicle. "end Quote"

The machine has KK riding in the mouth-like seat and has atread runnig the length of it's body with laser guns serving as it's eyes. The tail at the end also features three nasty looking spikes.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery