Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no love for Faker????

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar

Why no love for Faker????

I feel the need make a post on behalf of March's figure as I don't think he is getting enough love!

Whether it is because many of us have him already or because he is mostly a repaint, there is no excuse not to love this toy!

Some people have said he doesn't even have a dark wash on his skin, it is there if you look though, its even a little dark around the eyes.

The detailing on his belt and shackles is friggin cool!

The power sword being orange and having the metallic orange also?

This toy rules!!!

Fakerkicks all sorts of butt!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

I am looking foward to Faker.
    He was one of my favorite figures from the original line and was the first commemorative figure I bought.

Yeah he may be a repaint, but a repaint done very well to actually make him feel like a different character.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very pro-Faker and am looking forward to getting the new figure.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Yeah Rock On Skelly!

I'm with you on this one. Many folks cant stand him. Very easy character to reproduce (just has different paint job than He-Man).

I think he rules and being a very important character in the 80s, it would be an injustice to not make one.

I'm sure most of us have one by now, we all can agree that he came out excellent as well!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Faker is awesome.

Ain't no Fakin here!
    I'm all over faker!!
    I didn't get him at NYCC, and am SUPER stoked to have him in the collection.
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to him in my actual hands.
    But the hype hss died down on him to me,
    just cause we have seen so much of him before release.
    He has kinda gotten an extra month or half month of publicity
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    I feel the need make a post on behalf of March's figure as I don't think he is getting enough love!

Whether it is because many of us have him already or because he is mostly a repaint, there is no excuse not to love this toy!

Some people have said he doesn't even have a dark wash on his skin, it is there if you look though, its even a little dark around the eyes.

The detailing on his belt and shackles is friggin cool!

The power sword being orange and having the metallic orange also?

This toy rules!!!

Fakerkicks all sorts of butt!
    Imagine Simon Cowell's voice here:

He's a repaint. Not even a new head or even a battle damaged alternate head. No extra bang for your buck. Even after the 4H create a unique staction for him, showing that Faker can be approached with some semblance of originality (as opposed to just casting MOTUC He-Man in blue plastic), Mattel takes a step back with this "ultimate version" of the character. He has to look like He-Man and he can STILL do so with a different head sculpt.

Technically, I already have him. Just put Skeletor's armor on He-Man and there you go. All the Faker figure really does is provide an alternate character so I don't have to do this with the figures I already have. Since there isn't anything to make him past "He's just a repaint", I really can't muster any real excitement for him. I imagine that he's going to catch this flack in some reviews.

Am I buying Faker for my collection? Sure. Could he have been a little more than a repaint? Definitely.

That sums up my feelings on MOTUC Faker.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Faker = best repaint in the universe.

I love Faker. Always have. In another line (200X would have been perfect) I'd like to see him do a different trick besides being a blue He-man, but in this line it works flawlessly.

I love Faker. There was always something cool about a blue He-Man.

I think when he gets a Matty release you'll see the Faker love go up!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    This is really one of those figures that looks most impressive when you have him in hand. I was blown away by the vinbrant colors and wonderful paint job on him! He is easily one of my favorites in this line thus far, despite the fact that he is a repaint.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I've never owned/played with Faker, so i'm looking forward to finally getting him!

Heroic Warrior
    Faker sucks!!! Nobody should buy him at all.

(waiting eagerly by the computer hoping they don't sell out on me like Stratos did.....)

You know what's funny. When I got my Faker I took him on an action figure hunting trip and my brother and I couldn't stop staing at him. It was like taking him out in the sun brought out all of the awesome detail and colors. We seriously were looking at him for an hour while driving up to Sac. I didn't think it as safe cause my brother kept looking over at him so I put him in the back...it just made things worse. Oddly enough, even though I love Faker and this figure, I just haven't been able to get that same excitement as when he was outside.

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I love Faker. With this figure I don't have the feeling, that he is just a repaint. To me it is a completely new figure like Mer Man or Zodak. Maybe it is because I collect the line mostly because of nostalgia, so I don't need a different head sculpt or any other changes to this charakter.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Actually, I have a question, although this may belong more in the classic-line forum, about Faker:

What's up with his almost complete non-existence in the marketing for the original line? He's the only character missing in the 1984 promotional poster given out (the one with BA He-Man and Skeletor in the front, with all the other characters proceeding up the hills towards Grayskull & Snake Mt.) I don't think he was ever on the back of the mini-comics.

I also bought off ebay a few years ago a promotional 2-page flyer, from Toyfair, I think, of the 1984 MOTU product, and once again...everyone there except for Faker.

Couple in the fact that he only appeared once on the classic cartoon (and looked exactly like He-Man, just with glowing eyes), and he seems to be even less promotable than Stinkor was!

Anyone know why?

(That said, I bought Faker at NYCC - while he's not as interesting, per se, as the others, he's still a neat figure.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Faker = best repaint in the universe.

I love Faker. Always have. In another line (200X would have been perfect) I'd like to see him do a different trick besides being a blue He-man, but in this line it works flawlessly.
    Ding ding!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

i like faker, but yea, its a bit boring repaint figure n too he's been around for 2 months now i'm bored of him now.. lol but i will be getting him.

i would have love to see faker with bright red eyes with dark black circles around them and an added skeletor orange shirt would have been cool.

in others words if he would have that look like leo faker.. DA BOMB!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I'm very much looking forward to him as much as any figure released so far. The one figure that I wasn't as excited about was Stratos.

I can't wait to order Faker! Hurry up Monday!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm also of the Pro-Faker camp! I'll be ordering my 2 on Monday!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I don't understand being less excited about a figure based on the parts he's made of, especially in this line. The original line was all about parts sharing, but it's like no one notices until it comes to my man Faker because he's got He-Man's head sculpt.

It's not like we're getting Filmation Faker.

And a lot of characters were basically repainted He-Mans in the '80s. At least Faker has a different skin tone.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    I don't understand why folks are crazy about wonderbread/savage heman and not faker.....
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

The love I have for MOTU and POP characters is based on the FILMATION cartoons.
    Faker had never excited me and never had relevance to me on MOTU universe.
    I Love the Six Original Evil Warriors: Skeletor, Evil-Lynn, Beast-Man, Mer-Man, Tri-klops & Trap-Jaw.
    And this is my Evil List. And I also don't like any variants. That's all. Sorry Guys.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; March 10, 2009 at 09:40pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't understand being less excited about a figure based on the parts he's made of, especially in this line. The original line was all about parts sharing, but it's like no one notices until it comes to my man Faker because he's got He-Man's head sculpt.

It's not like we're getting Filmation Faker.

And a lot of characters were basically repainted He-Mans in the '80s. At least Faker has a different skin tone.
    The 4H proved that they could go the extra mile on various characters. Stratos got new feet, Merman got gills, MAA got loads of weapons. Here, we are not talking about a whole new figure, but a new head or expression--something that would have gone the extra mile and would have established Faker as something a little bit more legitimate to spend $20 on.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr