Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no love for Faker????

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar

Why no love for Faker????

I feel the need make a post on behalf of March's figure as I don't think he is getting enough love!

Whether it is because many of us have him already or because he is mostly a repaint, there is no excuse not to love this toy!

Some people have said he doesn't even have a dark wash on his skin, it is there if you look though, its even a little dark around the eyes.

The detailing on his belt and shackles is friggin cool!

The power sword being orange and having the metallic orange also?

This toy rules!!!

Fakerkicks all sorts of butt!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

I am looking foward to Faker.
    He was one of my favorite figures from the original line and was the first commemorative figure I bought.

Yeah he may be a repaint, but a repaint done very well to actually make him feel like a different character.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very pro-Faker and am looking forward to getting the new figure.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Yeah Rock On Skelly!

I'm with you on this one. Many folks cant stand him. Very easy character to reproduce (just has different paint job than He-Man).

I think he rules and being a very important character in the 80s, it would be an injustice to not make one.

I'm sure most of us have one by now, we all can agree that he came out excellent as well!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Faker is awesome.

Ain't no Fakin here!
    I'm all over faker!!
    I didn't get him at NYCC, and am SUPER stoked to have him in the collection.
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to him in my actual hands.
    But the hype hss died down on him to me,
    just cause we have seen so much of him before release.
    He has kinda gotten an extra month or half month of publicity
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I will buy him, but I have no love for him. Faker is such a boring character. This is just my opinion.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Zero new parts means:

1. Doesn't feel like a great value

2. No surprises

3. No innovation

Plus he's been released several times before.

He looks cool because the sculpt on the He-Man figure is so good.
    But the slightly flashier paint ops aside, he brings nothing new to the table.

I'm still definitely looking forward to getting him, but the lowered excitement compared to other figures is no surprise whatsoever to me.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Lord of Destruction View Post
    I feel the need make a post on behalf of March's figure as I don't think he is getting enough love!

Whether it is because many of us have him already or because he is mostly a repaint, there is no excuse not to love this toy!

Some people have said he doesn't even have a dark wash on his skin, it is there if you look though, its even a little dark around the eyes.

The detailing on his belt and shackles is friggin cool!

The power sword being orange and having the metallic orange also?

This toy rules!!!

Fakerkicks all sorts of butt!
    Imagine Simon Cowell's voice here:

He's a repaint. Not even a new head or even a battle damaged alternate head. No extra bang for your buck. Even after the 4H create a unique staction for him, showing that Faker can be approached with some semblance of originality (as opposed to just casting MOTUC He-Man in blue plastic), Mattel takes a step back with this "ultimate version" of the character. He has to look like He-Man and he can STILL do so with a different head sculpt.

Technically, I already have him. Just put Skeletor's armor on He-Man and there you go. All the Faker figure really does is provide an alternate character so I don't have to do this with the figures I already have. Since there isn't anything to make him past "He's just a repaint", I really can't muster any real excitement for him. I imagine that he's going to catch this flack in some reviews.

Am I buying Faker for my collection? Sure. Could he have been a little more than a repaint? Definitely.

That sums up my feelings on MOTUC Faker.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Faker = best repaint in the universe.

I love Faker. Always have. In another line (200X would have been perfect) I'd like to see him do a different trick besides being a blue He-man, but in this line it works flawlessly.

I love Faker. There was always something cool about a blue He-Man.

I think when he gets a Matty release you'll see the Faker love go up!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Actually, I have a question, although this may belong more in the classic-line forum, about Faker:

What's up with his almost complete non-existence in the marketing for the original line? He's the only character missing in the 1984 promotional poster given out (the one with BA He-Man and Skeletor in the front, with all the other characters proceeding up the hills towards Grayskull & Snake Mt.) I don't think he was ever on the back of the mini-comics.

I also bought off ebay a few years ago a promotional 2-page flyer, from Toyfair, I think, of the 1984 MOTU product, and once again...everyone there except for Faker.

Couple in the fact that he only appeared once on the classic cartoon (and looked exactly like He-Man, just with glowing eyes), and he seems to be even less promotable than Stinkor was!

Anyone know why?

(That said, I bought Faker at NYCC - while he's not as interesting, per se, as the others, he's still a neat figure.)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    This is really one of those figures that looks most impressive when you have him in hand. I was blown away by the vinbrant colors and wonderful paint job on him! He is easily one of my favorites in this line thus far, despite the fact that he is a repaint.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I've never owned/played with Faker, so i'm looking forward to finally getting him!

Heroic Warrior
    Faker sucks!!! Nobody should buy him at all.

(waiting eagerly by the computer hoping they don't sell out on me like Stratos did.....)

You know what's funny. When I got my Faker I took him on an action figure hunting trip and my brother and I couldn't stop staing at him. It was like taking him out in the sun brought out all of the awesome detail and colors. We seriously were looking at him for an hour while driving up to Sac. I didn't think it as safe cause my brother kept looking over at him so I put him in the back...it just made things worse. Oddly enough, even though I love Faker and this figure, I just haven't been able to get that same excitement as when he was outside.

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I love Faker. With this figure I don't have the feeling, that he is just a repaint. To me it is a completely new figure like Mer Man or Zodak. Maybe it is because I collect the line mostly because of nostalgia, so I don't need a different head sculpt or any other changes to this charakter.

We LOVE Faker over here. My brother & I can't wait to get him & think he looks to be possibly the best MOTUC fig so far!! C'mon Monday!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Evil Master of Punishment Spankor's Avatar
    I bet even with all the Faker haters out there (and the new limit of 4 per person) Faker'll still sell out first day.

I've always loved Faker. Especially Robot Chicken Faker.

Faker was my first MOTU figure that I owned in the 80's. I thought he was cool back then, because for a little while, he was my He-Man. Now, he's just kind of "meh", knowing that he's a repaint......and knowing that he pushed back some awesome characters release dates an extra month. I need to learn patience.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I am excited about Faker, definitely one of my favs.

Heck no. All kinds of Jazzed about Faker. He just looks sweet with the rest. The repaint fact does suck as most have pointed out everything he has we already have in some form. But the Evil He Man Duplicate if killer. I really dig the sotry on the back about him too. And my biggest cool is the fact that he Replaces he Man on the back of the card..killer nod to his figure
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

I love The Blue He-man...I mean Faker. I'll take him along with The Meteorbs, Gwildor, and every other figure that people seem to hate. I want everything!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian30 View Post
    This is really one of those figures that looks most impressive when you have him in hand. I was blown away by the vinbrant colors and wonderful paint job on him! He is easily one of my favorites in this line thus far, despite the fact that he is a repaint.
    I agree w/you here 100%

He is easily my favorite out of them all right now. Something about the colors and applications of different types of paint and washes makes him pretty special.