Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why no love for Faker????

for me, faker is the best looking figure so far. he as awesome paint apps and really nice colors. though i'm sure i will be changing my tune when i have MAA in my hands.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I never liked Faker as a toy or as a character. It just seemed like a poor excuse to sell yet another He-Man variant (but this time in really cheesy colors!). I've never owned a Faker figure and I don't plan on buying the MOTUC version.

I'm very much looking forward to him as much as any figure released so far. The one figure that I wasn't as excited about was Stratos.

I can't wait to order Faker! Hurry up Monday!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm also of the Pro-Faker camp! I'll be ordering my 2 on Monday!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I don't understand being less excited about a figure based on the parts he's made of, especially in this line. The original line was all about parts sharing, but it's like no one notices until it comes to my man Faker because he's got He-Man's head sculpt.

It's not like we're getting Filmation Faker.

And a lot of characters were basically repainted He-Mans in the '80s. At least Faker has a different skin tone.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    I don't understand why folks are crazy about wonderbread/savage heman and not faker.....
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

The love I have for MOTU and POP characters is based on the FILMATION cartoons.
    Faker had never excited me and never had relevance to me on MOTU universe.
    I Love the Six Original Evil Warriors: Skeletor, Evil-Lynn, Beast-Man, Mer-Man, Tri-klops & Trap-Jaw.
    And this is my Evil List. And I also don't like any variants. That's all. Sorry Guys.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; March 10, 2009 at 10:40pm.

Faker, I liki liki. Nice colours, blue and orange, dutch national colours . I like all Motu figures. I'm not so into NA and POP.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I don't understand being less excited about a figure based on the parts he's made of, especially in this line. The original line was all about parts sharing, but it's like no one notices until it comes to my man Faker because he's got He-Man's head sculpt.

It's not like we're getting Filmation Faker.

And a lot of characters were basically repainted He-Mans in the '80s. At least Faker has a different skin tone.
    The 4H proved that they could go the extra mile on various characters. Stratos got new feet, Merman got gills, MAA got loads of weapons. Here, we are not talking about a whole new figure, but a new head or expression--something that would have gone the extra mile and would have established Faker as something a little bit more legitimate to spend $20 on.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

He's awesome!! I can't wait until Monday to order two of him!

Still... too bad about the staction...
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Faker is the one who gave me my interest in evil robot versions of the hero. I dunno why, but that just struck me as awesome, and the fact that he's freakin' blue and orange was always a draw for me. Some real big interests in terms of toys are robots, and anything that makes me laugh. An orange and blue robot He-man was hilarious! The thing that was most important was the fact that he was a robot, though.

Anyhow, I am psyched for this one, and it's one of the single most important MotU characters that this line could give me.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i am excited for faker ..but i can not feel a bit cheated when you look at what i wanted from faker
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

He's not my favorite all time character but I think he is cool all the same. I will get mine on monday and be just as excited when he arrives!

i like faker, but yea, its a bit boring repaint figure n too he's been around for 2 months now i'm bored of him now.. lol but i will be getting him.

i would have love to see faker with bright red eyes with dark black circles around them and an added skeletor orange shirt would have been cool.

in others words if he would have that look like leo faker.. DA BOMB!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    NO LOVE?!?! Whatever do you mean?

I think FAKER looks awesome even though he's a repainted He-man. My Faker fig looks cool. I'm still looking forward to Mer-man and the other characters, but there's definitely love there from me for my Faker figure!

I mean c'mon! It's MOTUClassics! What's not to love?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

There's also just something inherently attractive about the "Evil Twin" to the main hero in just about every fandom/property.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Mattel actually has gave some love for Faker already by giving him his own statue during a mega-convention & even honored the character by debuting Faker-Matty at a previous mega-convention.

Anyways...only about 5 more days & counting for me. My son has Faker in his collection already but I can't wait to have one opened & in my own posession.

Matty even changed the mainpage header for Faker already...check it out! Mattycollecter.com Home Page

Bad times don't last forever but bad guys do ~ Razor Ramone

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    I don't understand why folks are crazy about wonderbread/savage heman and not faker.....
    Agree. I want a Faker.

i skipped out on he-man, but i REALLY want to get my hands on faker!

that's how much i like faker.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Faker was my first MOTU figure that I owned in the 80's. I thought he was cool back then, because for a little while, he was my He-Man. Now, he's just kind of "meh", knowing that he's a repaint......and knowing that he pushed back some awesome characters release dates an extra month. I need to learn patience.
    That's the thing, he didn't push the other characters back, mer-man wasn't ready! The original plan was for Faker to be an extra figure. I think if this had been the case, there would have been less complaining! By all accounts, Mattel are back on track now, so this shouldn't happen again.

Damn lazy Mer-Man!

I love Faker, and can't wait to get him, as I was unable to get a 200X version
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I for one CANNOT WAIT for Faker. He one one of my favorites and I am countning down to Monday at noon. I even custom painted an extra MOTUC He-Man ax for him (I'll have to post pics, I think it looks pretty good).

I think the fact that he has been a little overexposed, plus a number of people have him from NYCC attribute to the fact that there isn't a lot of hype for him. No worries though, I'm sure he will sell out in a day or so.

Faker is under used and under appreciated!!!

I always wished that Faker was used more in the cartoons...Possibly as a roque vigilanty who always intended to be like He-Man(trying to do good), but who would always solve his problems by over using his super strength and causing massive amounts of damage...He would also think that he was He-Man and that the real He-Man was the Faker.

...a good plot twist, no?
    THE HUNTER OF MOTU

I'm looking forward to Faker ... I think he looks awesome and I don't really care about lack of new parts, paint schemes etc. ... he looks great and I will buy him ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Faker was one of the first figures I had as a kid, and has always been one of my favourites. So I was really looking forward to the MOTUClassic.

And it's looking good, except to say - and sorry to sound like a broken record (as I've already said it on other threads) his colours are a little disappointing IMO. I'm not against giving some characters a 'worn' look where apt, but Faker needs to have his neon orange armor and flame red hair. It's what Faker is all about!

I also would really have liked (in the vein of extra heads), an orange version of He-Man's armor. It's obviously a pre-existing part, just a different colour, so I would have loved if they had throw this in.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...