Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why no love for Faker????

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Faker = best repaint in the universe.

I love Faker. Always have. In another line (200X would have been perfect) I'd like to see him do a different trick besides being a blue He-man, but in this line it works flawlessly.
    Ding ding!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The 4H proved that they could go the extra mile on various characters. Stratos got new feet, Merman got gills, MAA got loads of weapons. Here, we are not talking about a whole new figure, but a new head or expression--something that would have gone the extra mile and would have established Faker as something a little bit more legitimate to spend $20 on.
    But my point is where do you draw the line? Is it simply because of the head sculpt? Is it OK to share everything else but not the head? Is that the only thing that counts as far as differentiation goes?

No one will care that Tri-Klops has the exact same torso, chest, legs, and right arm as He-Man. He's even got the same skin, belt, and bracelet color. But Faker shares no colors with He-Man and some think he's boring.

I don't get why people would discredit the figure because he has what the character's supposed to have, that being an exact likeness of He-Man.

I guess I just don't look at Faker and see He-Man. I see Faker. I loved the Faker staction's look, but seeing it hasn't made me think that every Faker from then on should be similar to it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    But my point is where do you draw the line? Is it simply because of the head sculpt? Is it OK to share everything else but not the head? Is that the only thing that counts as far as differentiation goes?
    Faker is supposed to look like He-Man, so I would limit any changes just to his head or even his facial expression. The whole point is that in 2009, Faker being only a straight repaint just seems lacking considering what the 4H could have done with the character.

While I don't hate MOTUC Faker, my enthusiasm toward this particular version of the character is at an all time low, considering the 4H's creativity toward making everyone more than just different characters painted differently.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I have never had any version of Faker, so I can't wait to buy this one!

Heroic Warrior
    It took me awhile to get a Faker as a kid....I hope history doesn't repeat itself. When I did get him, he was always one of my favorites.

Heroic Warrior Captain Greyskull's Avatar
    Evil.

Robot.

Is there anything cooler than that?

of course not.

We're just lulling everyone into a false sense of security. Make everything think we have no interest in Faker so that when he goes on sale -- BAM! Gone!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Greyskull View Post
    Evil.

Robot.

Is there anything cooler than that?

of course not.
    I second that! This man knows what he's talking about.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I've heard the Faker wasn't released in the UK. I never saw him in the shops or in any catalougues but I didn't get into MOTU until wave 3 arrived in the UK in 1985.

I wanted one but I don't think my mum would gave let me have one (She wouldn't let me have BAHe-Man/ Skeletor).

I was really disappointed that Faker 200x was an exclusive, and then it looked like I might get a staction Faker but it was cancelled.

I'm hoping to get back from uni early so I can make sure I FINALLY get a Faker.

I think it's those bright vibrant colours that make it work. Not all the characters will have that (Rio Blast, Extendar)
    Last edited by Tiggerbeast; March 11, 2009 at 04:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I like Faker...never had the vintage or commemorative versions, but definitely made sure to get the 200x version. I got mine coming later this month & can't wait to add another villan to the set.

I guess I don't see Faker as a repaint of he-man (even though he is) since he's got different armor and only has the sword.
    To me, Faker is a shape changer (like shang tsung in Mortal kombat) and an organic being, not a robot.

No love for Faker? why not? he's the most underused character & certainly deserves all the love he can get. he's like the motu version of Bizarro.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I CAN say that the only thing I am a "little" disappointed in are the weapons. He really should have gotten an orange shield and ax. So its kind of like paying the same price for He-man, but not getting everything that he came with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    No love for Faker? why not? he's the most underused character & certainly deserves all the love he can get. he's like the motu version of Bizarro.
    I agree. Still I would loved an exta head (evil looking or battle damaged) and more accesories. Maybe in a second release.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Heroic Warrior Captain Greyskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamps View Post
    I agree. Still I would loved an exta head (evil looking or battle damaged) and more accesories. Maybe in a second release.

Now you are talking. I battle damaged head with a robotic eye showing would rule.

Faker owns us all.

We should just accept it before his awesomeness consumes us.

Faker is a bad paint job He-Man...he was in the 80's and he is now. Ok when does he go on sale so I can buy him up?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

No one will care that Tri-Klops has the exact same torso, chest, legs, and right arm as He-Man. He's even got the same skin, belt, and bracelet color. But Faker shares no colors with He-Man and some think he's boring.

I don't get why people would discredit the figure because he has what the character's supposed to have, that being an exact likeness of He-Man.

I guess I just don't look at Faker and see He-Man. I see Faker. I loved the Faker staction's look, but seeing it hasn't made me think that every Faker from then on should be similar to it.

I'm with you, all these figures reuse parts. Just because it's the same head sculpt? Faker is every bit as different with the different armor and colors. Most MOTU figures re-hashed the same parts, especially at the beginning.

The only reason my excitement for Faker isn't as high is because I know Merman is coming and was going to be now, and that figure is so freaking awesome!!!

But I love Faker. There have been no let downs for me in this line. Unless Gwildor is scheduled soon I don't see my excitement winding down

I am looking forward to ordering Faker on Matty on 3/16 because Faker was the one and only figure I never had as a kid (the Talon Fighter was the only vehicle I couldn't find). Then, I missed out on the 200X Toyfare exclusive Faker. Then the Kobra Khan/Faker staction-figure two-pack got canceled. Man, getting a Faker has been tough! I don't won't to miss out again.

Quote Originally Posted by nutnog View Post
    Faker is a bad paint job He-Man...he was in the 80's and he is now. Ok when does he go on sale so I can buy him up?
    See? There's no avoiding the greatness of Faker!

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    Unless Gwildor is scheduled soon I don't see my excitement winding down
    It's best if we don't even speak his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    I've heard the Faker wasn't released in the UK. I never saw him in the shops or in any catalougues but I didn't get into MOTU until wave 3 arrived in the UK in 1985.

I've heard this a couple of times lately, but I'm sure I bought him from a shop in the 80's (well mum and dad did anyway!)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    I'm glad they didn't change much.
    If they would have made the hair shaggy I would have been dissapointed.
    This is a classics like and thus my guess is that it should str8 up look like their classic counterparts.
    Atleast they really detailed the belt and arm braces for those that wanted change. They even threw in a half sword! This thing is pure awesome!
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

I am very excited about Faker! He is simple and awesome not despite it, but even because of it! An evil robotic double of the protagonist who for no explcable reason is blue and wears armor that more closely matches his master? Sign me up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Too much love for Faker it seems....stop loving Faker everybody!! Then I might actually be able to get one on Monday.......

I think the character Faker > is perfect!
    The Figure Faker > the best version of Faker i´ve ever seen. Because the MotuC He-man is the best He-man EVER made.

I can't wait for Monday! Faker just looks so smooth, I don't care if he is a straight up repaint. Bring on Faker!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post
    He was - I had (and still have one). He was one of the first figures I got. I had him on display until a few weeks ago, when I realised that the sunlight was turning his torso green!

Not sure if the late re-release was available though - maybe as with other late figures (Randor, Sorceress, Ninjor, etc.) he was only available in very small quantities UK-wise.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I thought I had heard that Faker was originally planned as just a NYCC exclusive and not the regular monthly figure. Mer-Man was delayed, so he is now the March figure. I find him acceptable as a comic-con repaint. It's very similar to the DCSH repaints Mattel did last year for NYCC.

As the monthly figure, it would have been cool to have a different headsculpt. I'd still like to have the shield and axe in orange as well. Other than that, I wouldn't want him much different than what we are getting. So I'm pretty good with Faker. Looking forward to Monday.