View Poll Results: How many multiple headed characters will you buy?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • One to have MOC, don't care about the heads

7 7.78%
  • One to have loose and alternate heads now and then

34 37.78%
  • One MOC, one loose with the same head as on the card

4 4.44%
  • One MOC, one loose with the opposite head as on the card

6 6.67%
  • Two loose, one with each head

12 13.33%
  • Three, one MOC and two loose, one with each head

16 17.78%
  • Other (please post)

11 12.22%

Thread: Multiple headed characters: How many will you buy?

Multiple headed characters: How many will you buy?

With Mer-Man on the horizon and Man-At-Arms not too far behind, I'd like to get an idea of how many people will buy multiples to display both heads at once. I'm on the fence about this and I think this will help me decide.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    As far as Mer-Man is concerned, one MOC, the other loose with whichever head I feel like displaying him with at the time. Really, REALLY looking forward to Mer-Man.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

I voted for one to keep loose, and cahnge the heads whenever I feel. May use the heads as well when Classics Man-E gets released!

However, I will probably buy 2 Teelas, as her second head basically gives us another character!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I buy 2 extra with each extra head. Normally I buy 4: 2 to keep MOC, 1 to display and 1 for the kids.
    Wtih every extra head I need 1 more to display and one more for the kids.

So for Merman, ManatArms, Stinkor and Mossman (those are the confirmed extra head ones) I will get 6 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I buy 2 extra with each extra head. Normally I buy 4: 2 to keep MOC, 1 to display and 1 for the kids.
    Wtih every extra head I need 1 more to display and one more for the kids.

So for Merman, ManatArms, Stinkor and Mossman (those are the confirmed extra head ones) I will get 6 each.
    When was Stinkor confirmed? I missed that!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Now that i read it again, not officially confirmed, but LIKELY.. which is sorts of a Mattel way to confirm things with a backdoor

Toy Guru already answered this in a German Q&A:

Q: When they get released, will Stinkor and Moss Man feature repaints of the Mer-Man cardback head and the Beast Man head, or will they feature new head sculpts?

A: Likely those characters will get the original toy head repaint and an all new head with a bit of 2002 flair.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=165464&page=3

Heroic Warrior
    I voted other because i want to have two loose, one with each head for display and I'd buy other 3-4 figures just to have at least one 100% good MOC. I'm both loose and MOC collector and I've seen that to have a good MOC figures You have to buy more of them, if You buy just one this couldn't be mint...if, as TG said, from MAA the figures will come with some protection, then I will just buy 1-1-1...

Heroic Warrior
    Just one to display with whichever head I like better. Don't want more than one of a character on the shelf. I will however be buying an extra Man-At-Arms to make a quick Eternian Guard custom with the alternate head.

Voted other. For now I will buy one of each figure to keep in box (no matter if a figure have one or more heads), but if money would allow me to spend more, I probably would buy more of each with multiple heads.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I will buy 2. One MOC and one loose with the "new" head. I would buy 3 if there were two different package versions.

I will buy 10!!

other: I will buy 10 of each character with 2 alternate heads! And I'll actually keep most of them or even all of them: 2 for each of my 5 collections...!

- 2x loose in showcase
    - 2x MOC (if there are alternate versions with either one or the other head applied)
    - 2x loose as room decoration
    - 1x or 2x MOC to keep in case I some time can't spend money on collector's items any more and need something to trade
    - maybe 1x or 2x for decorating other rooms

Total: minimally 7 needed in case all MOCs are identical or 8 if not. Maximally 10. In any case I'll buy 10 and re-sell what I in the end decide not to keep.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I am mulling it over, but I keep thinking I will buy two extra Mer Mans to have a pair of fishy warriors for him to boss around. We'll see what the money situation looks like at the time.
    I do not intend to buy more than one MAA, however, or any other character who couldn't be used as more than one entity. (I suppose all of them could, but you get the idea.)

The mention of MEF brings me to wonder.... Would a pack of extra heads be feasible for him? Then we could pop those heads on him to broaden the range of his awesomeness!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    One to have loose and alternate heads now and then.

I voted 'Others'.
    Cause as Dark Luke, I'm gonna buy 3; one to keep MOC, and two loose with different head/weapon.

Just one for MOC. I'm keeping the enitre run in the package, I just think it displays better.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

So far, the only announced character with an extra head who i'll be buying 2 of is Teela. So, for now, i'm going with 1 loose.

The head issue is not a big deal to me. I think it would silly displaying two of the same character just with different heads each. I will stick with what my buying routine has been thus far with the classics line...I buy 3. I open one, keep one MOC, and another one MOC to sell at a later date.

I will probably be getting 3. I will open 2 of them and I am not sure if I will customize the 3rd or leave him moc.
    JD

two if it makes a new or important variant. trapjaw and marlena and two packs (so far) but really they hardly count as the are more than just an extra head

Snappy Threader
    I voted two loose, one with each head. The way the line is going, with characters from different times/generations...it's cool to have both displayed...I think so anyway.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    depends on the figure really and it's useability eg only one Ram Man (the unhelmet head will never be used by me) Dekker I use one head on his body the other on a palace guard. Mer-Man though i have 3 one as a leader and his 2 minions. I also have 2 Rattlors one with a long neck the other wears the 200x General armour
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I have a duplicate of every figure that came with an alternate head, 4 Man-E-Faces (one displaying each classic face, and one with the alternate head), 4 She-Ras (2 sporting the variant "mask" positions", one with the Filmation head and one BP She-Ra with the Filmation head and cape). I also have a double of Zodac, Mer-Man, and Beast Man wearing the alternate armors and weapons from the Weapons Paks.

My "alternate versions" shelves are nearly as numerous as my Vintage line shelves, between straight repaints (DC versus He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, Stratos, and Zodac + temple of Darkness Sorceress, Battleground Evil-Lyn and King Grayskull), variants (Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor and Faker, Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Battleground Teela) and alternate heads (really, too many to list).

Then there's the "Before they were..." shelf, which features Marlena Glenn and Young Dekker vs Keldor, Kronis, and "young Evil-Lyn", with the unhelmeted head.

A lot of characters have a lot of representation in my collection!
    My MOTU Classics Wish:

The 2015 Subscription - C'mon people, we can do this! If you have any ability to sub, if you were going to purchase elsewhere, please, do it for the rest of us just one more time, so we can complete the vintage MOTU and POP toylines and finish on a high note!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    One MOC, one loose with the opposite head as on the card.