Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How powerful is Faker in your universe?

Heroic Warrior

How powerful is Faker in your universe?

So, with the release oh MOTUC Faker on mattycollector.com tomorrow, I want to know how powerful you all think Faker is? Back in the day, Faker appeared in that one Filmation episode as a pure replica of He-Man with glowing eyes and was actually getting the best of He-Man in battle until He-Man side-stepped him and Faker plummeted down that bottomless pit by Castle Grayskull. In his one mini-comic appearance, the Search for Keldor, he got a spear thrown through his chest by known other than King Randor. In this new bio, which is based on his his supposed MYP Season 3 appearance, Faker is nothing more thdn a robot created by Duncan to fill if for He-Man that gets reprogrammed by Tri-Klops. But other than that, do you view Faker as this physically powerful doppleganger of He-Man, or if he just meant to fool others to think he's He-Man?

Faker is very powerful in "my" universe. In fact, I gave an origin and name for the sword he wields. Check out below who first wielded Faker's sword in my universe and let me know what you think of my King Faker.

After being sent to Despondos by King Grayskull, Hordak is seeking revenge. He has been there for two years and has used all his dark magic and the power of Despondos to create a "Sword of Destruction" to even the odds against King Grayskull when he is released from his dimensional prison. But he has discovered after creating his new weapon that no living being can wield the sword. So using his knowledge of science and magic he creates a robot in the image of the man who sent him to Despondos who will use the Sword of Destruction to destroy King Grayskull. But once the fake King Grayskull picked up the sword, it transformed him into a blue alternate version of King Grayskull, full of pure evil and a unquenchable desire for mayhem and destruction. Now Hordak waits for the day he is free, and he can finally have his revenge on King Grayskull. But Hordak doesn't know that time moves differently in Despondos. And while it has been two years since he has been there, it is hundreds of years later on Eternia, and he does not know King Grayskull perished during their battle. And when he finally returns to Eternia he will not only have to deal with Skeletor, King Hiss and The SnakeMen, but he will have to face the descendant of the very man who sent him to Despondos, He-man. Will Hordak and his evil Horde ever make it back to Eternia? And if they do return, what will become of Hordak's "King Faker"? Will he be able to defeat He-man and the Masters of the Universe, or will he fall? And what will become of "King Faker's" Sword of Destruction? Will another ever wield it? Only time will tell!

Last edited by Joe Amato; March 15, 2009 at 10:27pm.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    FAKER in my created MOTUverse is as powerful as powerful a robot can be. I don't think he's as strong as He-man but he's strenght is up there. Strong enough to hold on his own for a little while but not strong enough to fully out-might He-man!

Confused?!?

Yeah, me too...
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Great story Joseephus.I always wondered about your faker grayskull.

I love faker but havent really given any thought to how powerful he is.I do consider him being more then a robot or wants to be more then a robot in my universe.
    Last edited by Vorgon; March 15, 2009 at 11:30pm.

Interesting question. Since original material pegs Roboto as the most powerful robot in the universe, but Faker is a doppleganger of HM, where does it all lead?

Personally, I would have faker stronger than Rboto, but not quite the tactician that he is. No firepower either, of course. In comparison to He-Man, Faker is dang close, maybe even stronger as he doesn't tire as easily. Where HM might struggle to lift something, Faker doesn't even strain a bolt. However, He-Man has the wisdom and ingenuity that this robot does not. Faker is a purely physical threat in my Universe. He will never outsmart He-Man, but in a straight fight, he could give him a run for his money.
    As for his sword, perhaps it is Skeletor's own attempt at forging He-Man's blade? Remind me, is it a double of Skeletor's or HM's? That would make the difference, I suppose.

Of course, I may change my mind about all of this in ten minutes. Then there's the "Faker" HM of the 200X comics, as alluded to in those stories.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Faker is just a robot. Awesome story joseephus.

I've been thinking about this as I make my new universe for these figures. I can't remember what Faker was to me back in the day other than my favorite figure. I'm pretty sure I made him important, but of course I'd do that, I was a child and that was my favorite figure! One way or another, though, I can't remember a lick of what I originally did with him.

So, with that in mind, I realize that my love for Faker hasn't changed, and I once again want to create an important role for him! How powerful, though? Good question. I've been throwing around all the various ideas that other people have posted, and I like the idea of his sword being more than just a replica, though I don't want it to rival the sword of power in any way. So I've been working with ideas where Skeletor creates the sword and a wielder for it (like joseephus up there) or something in reverse where Faker is made for the purpose of being a fake, but various things turn him into his current state and the sword comes in sometime around there.

Anyway, sticking strictly to his power level, I'd like him to rival He-Man in brute stregnth. This will make him quite dangerous, but he'll spend a good while just being in control of one person or another (usually Skeletor, as that's where his armor will come from). I want him to evolve with time, however, and I think he'll become more of a threat. His power will probably stay the same, though. He'll just learn new ways to use it as time goes on!

Also: Do you mind, grenadaspice, if I tack on an extra question to the post?

How does everyone work the sword into Faker's existance? Special, or just a copy in shape only?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

Here's a What if? backstory...

When I opened my FAKER fig. The one I got from eBay. He seemed to have a sad look on his face which gives me this notion...

What if... He's evil because he's made to be evil, but inside of him, since he's new bio was to replaced He-man in an hour of need, he's actually has good in him trying to come out.

Like, he's sad because he's made to be evil, but he has this nagging feeling that he don't want to be evil, but unable to fight off the evil forces that made him evil. Like in that She-ra episode, "Enemy with my Face".

Anyway, nothing to do with the strenght discussion but it makes a good backstory, don't you think?

About the sword. It could be forge deep within the bowels of Snake Mountain in the same appearance of the Sword of Power but re-acts in reverse of it. It's powers conjured by the dark-half of the power sword!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; March 16, 2009 at 01:54am.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

My Faker is ver y powerfull and strong. He is kinda like the Bizaro to Superman. The only difference from He-man to Faker is the Power of Grayskull. Ol'Skelly put his magic into the Orange power sword to help battle the real Power Sword. But in the end Faker may punch hard put not hard enough for He-man.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Faker was my favourite figure as a kid, and and I often pondered about how powerful he is.

I'm not overly keen on the new MOTUC bio for Faker; I still prefer to think of him as a robot clone created by Skeletor that came out wrong, hence the blue colour.

I think Faker is powerful, as in a strong robot that feels no pain, and can defeat weaker warriors, but I also like to think that, as he came out wrong, he is 'mis-programmed' and this is his Achilles heel. (In a way, I consider him to be like K.A.R.R. from the original 'Knight Rider' - powerful but with duff programming that is ultimately his downfall).

He can only hold his flesh-toned 'He-Man colour' for a short time, to cause chaos, dupe his way into Grayskull, etc., and I like to think his extra strength also only lasts this long.

Also regarding his orange power sword, I like to think that this also has some power - nothing to match the real Power Sword(s), but he can use it to increase his strength, as well as using it to cause electrical interference that messes up nearby computers, machines and vehicles.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    [QUOTE=Spacedust;2074796]

He can only hold his flesh-toned 'He-Man colour' for a short time, to cause chaos, dupe his way into Grayskull, etc., and I like to think his extra strength also only lasts this long.

QUOTE]

I'd say he's nearly as powerful as He-man. Thats why in the current storyline, Duncan would see his usefulness in a time of need, but Faker can only be programed for certain tasks, he can't think for himself. so the real he-man has the advantage.Tri-clops maybe gave him an upgrade.

I also see the reason why Duncan discarded him after the robot served his purposse. The healthy flesh-toned bio-organic material that Duncan used for the robot, with time (for some reason) decayed, and the organic tissue died, giving him the "dead mans blue" color he has now. The robot no longer could pass for he-man, unless he was prepped and spraypainted with flesh-color paint, which was a hassle. So he was discarded like an old fridge, and tri-clops took him. Skeletor didn't mind the color.

at least as strong as he-man. he-man may be the strongest man in the universe, but faker is not man.

As powerful as the Fembots were in The Bionic Woman.

for me his power is like a terminator !!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here's my interpetation of Faker.

Faker is your standard "I'll trick my way into Grayskull with a He-Man robot". Or maybe he is a way to discredit He-Man. In any case, I'd imagine that Faker was originally Skeletor's doing, not Man-At-Arms making a He-Man robot.

I'm thinking that Faker is an android enhanced by Skeletor's magic to be as strong as He-Man. I'm also thinking that making Faker that powerful is a one-time, all the stars are aligned, circle magic enchantment, so that's why Skeletor just doesn't mass produce an army of Fakers.

Maybe Faker ONCE looked exactly like He-Man, but the Sorceress placed a curse on Faker that changed his skin to blue and changed the power vest to Skeletor's armor to reveal his true allegiances.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    To me, the idea that Faker is almost as strong as He-Man is dumb. If you can make a robot that can almost defeat He-Man, why not make an army of them.? They would easily defeat the Masters. Conversely, if MAA is the one who made the robot, why not make an army of them? They would easily be more effective than Man-E-Faces, Mekanek, etc.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    To me, the idea that Faker is almost as strong as He-Man is dumb. If you can make a robot that can almost defeat He-Man, why not make an army of them.? They would easily defeat the Masters. Conversely, if MAA is the one who made the robot, why not make an army of them? They would easily be more effective than Man-E-Faces, Mekanek, etc.
    That's why I was explaining why Faker is so unique...Skeletor can't make an army of them...

MAA probably didn't intend for Faker to actually do anything more than just show up at the same place as Prince Adam, just to fool Teela and the Royals. In actual battle, Faker would have been redundant since the real He-Man would have been present.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Hmmm....The magical strenght enhancement makes sense, he'd have to be 'unique'. If not, the army theory would come up.

To me he is a cyborg like the terminator with a necromancer spell cast by skeletor that regenerates is dead blue flesh rapidly and enhances his strength

To me he's stronger than your average warrior, but not as strong as He-Man. Maybe halfway in between? And his sword would be a replica with a few technology-based abilities.

In "my" universe Skeletor's intention was to use Faker to discredit He-Man, not to fight him, so he doesn't have to be able to go toe-to-toe with the hero for very long.

I see him as some unholy fusion of magic and technology, but still mostly a robot. Kind of like a cyborg-zombie.

And it would be one of those once-every-thousand years situations, so there couldn't be an army of them (even though he's not powerful enough in "my" universe to make an army powerful enough to be worth it). He'd have been more powerful, but the "good guys" stopped the ritual before Faker could be imbued with the full extent of He-Man's power or something like that.

I've thought of him as like the Thor replica from Marvel's Civil War. Mostly robotic with a mix of flesh/organics cloned from original.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Faker is very powerful in "my" universe. In fact, I gave an origin and name for the sword he wields. Check out below who first wielded Faker's sword in my universe and let me know what you think of my King Faker.

After being sent to Despondos by King Grayskull, Hordak is seeking revenge. He has been there for two years and has used all his dark magic and the power of Despondos to create a "Sword of Destruction" to even the odds against King Grayskull when he is released from his dimensional prison. But he has discovered after creating his new weapon that no living being can wield the sword. So using his knowledge of science and magic he creates a robot in the image of the man who sent him to Despondos who will use the Sword of Destruction to destroy King Grayskull. But once the fake King Grayskull picked up the sword, it transformed him into a blue alternate version of King Grayskull, full of pure evil and a unquenchable desire for mayhem and destruction. Now Hordak waits for the day he is free, and he can finally have his revenge on King Grayskull. But Hordak doesn't know that time moves differently in Despondos. And while it has been two years since he has been there, it is hundreds of years later on Eternia, and he does not know King Grayskull perished during their battle. And when he finally returns to Eternia he will not only have to deal with Skeletor, King Hiss and The SnakeMen, but he will have to face the descendant of the very man who sent him to Despondos, He-man. Will Hordak and his evil Horde ever make it back to Eternia? And if they do return, what will become of Hordak's "King Faker"? Will he be able to defeat He-man and the Masters of the Universe, or will he fall? And what will become of "King Faker's" Sword of Destruction? Will another ever wield it? Only time will tell!
    i like this backstory
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

He's like the Terminator to me, basically.

Answer:Not very.

I've always had Faker be pretty much as powerfull as He-man. To me Faker is as intellegent too. Basically He-man if He-man were evil.