Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POP TRIBUTE VIDEOS! A Way To Support POP Classics!

POP TRIBUTE VIDEOS! A Way To Support POP Classics!

PRINESS OF POWER TRIBUTE VIDEOS!
    A WAY TO SUPPORT THE PRODUCTION OF POP CLASSIC FIGURES!!!

Photobucket

SHE-RA is the alter ego of Princess Adora, the twin sister of He-Man. She first appears as Force Captain Adora, an agent of the Evil Horde that rules the planet Etheria. However, she then discovers that she is the long-lost twin sister of Prince Adam of Eternia, having been stolen by the Horde's leader, Hordak, as a baby. She is granted the Sword of Protection, which parallels He-Man's own Sword of Power, and gains the power to transform into She-Ra. As Princess Adora, she then joins the rebellion that seeks to free Etheria from the Horde. She-Ra is known as the Princess of Power. As such, she has superhuman strength and is highly resistant to damage. She also possesses superhuman speed and agility, a healing touch, as well as the ability to speak with animals telepathically. All her powers derive from the mystical Power of Grayskull. Together with Bow, Glimmer, Frosta, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue & Flutterina, She-Ra hopes to free Etheria from the tyrannical rule of Hordak & The Evil Horde.

Photobucket

BOW is one of the original Rebels. He often has to disguise his face when leaving The Whispering Woods, to prevent the Horde from identifying him. Bow is referred to as the best archer in all of Etheria. He is famed for the accuracy of his shot. Aside from his skill as an archer, Bow is also musically gifted. He often writes songs to serenade Adora; his instrument of choice is usually the harp and Adora seems to enjoy his songs. Like Glimmer, Bow is a rather impetuous member of the Rebellion. He is far too eager to rush into battle with the Horde, which more often than not gets him into trouble. He has also shown some ability as an illusionist. At different times he has made birds appear out of nowhere and made himself disappear. Bow is Etheria's most skillful archer, described as the best shot in all of Etheria. He is also a talented storyteller and has knowledge of old legends to entertain the children.

Photobucket

GLIMMER is a member of The Great Rebellion and was once its leader. She is the daughter of Queen Angella & King Micah of Bright Moon. She comes from a happy family, but her childhood is tinged with sadness. After the Horde arrived on Etheria, her father left to fight them, and was never seen again. Later, when her mother is in battle with the Horde, she too disappears. For many years Glimmer fears she will never see her parents again. One day, a spy discovers that Angella is being held prisoner by Hunga, leader of the Harpies. By this point Glimmer had established the Rebellion, but relinquishes her title to Adora, when her mother is rescued by He-Man and She-Ra. After she returns to her former role as Princess of Bright Moon, she travels to The Whispering Woods in disguise to prevent her from being identified by the Horde. Glimmer's powers, like her mother are associated with light and she is able to generate photonic energy blasts from her hands. This is her most utilized power, though she does display others, ranging from teleportation to the ability to fly by surrounding herself and others with an aura of light. One power which she only manifests once is the ability to render her and others invisible. She can also generate light on such a powerful scale that she can illuminate the entire area of the Whispering Woods for an hour. However this feat leaves her in a state of extreme exhaustion. Glimmer is a beautiful and hardworking young woman who sincerely believes in peace and justice and overthrowing the Horde to restore such ideals.

Photobucket

FROSTA is a valuable member of the Rebellion. She is the reigning Queen of Castle Chill in the Kingdom of Snows, an area located at the northernmost pole of Etheria. This area of Etheria has only been attacked once by the Horde, possibly because of the extreme temperature there. Frosta and her people hold a great hatred for the Selkies, a race of people who live in Galacia, near her own homeland. When the Horde arrived, these two races called a truce to their feud, to unite against them. She is depicted as being strongly attracted to He-Man, much to He-Man's discomfort. She becomes intensely jealous when He-Man seems attracted to Sweet Bee instead. Frosta, being the Queen of the ice realms, has power over ice. She is able to produce ice and snow even in warmer areas of Etheria. She can also fire ice from her hands enabling her to freeze objects or her enemies. She can also use her powers to give her a method of transportation similar to an ice bridge.

Photobucket

ANGELLA, the Queen of Bright Moon, is one of the most important members of the Great Rebellion. Some years ago Queen Angella and King Micah had a child they named Glimmer. They lived in peace for many years and then the Horde arrived. Micah left his wife and daughter so he could fight them. The Horde captured Bright Moon, when Angella went missing during battle. During Angella's absence Glimmer forms the Great Rebellion, hoping one day to see her parents again and rid Bright Moon of the Horde. It is only years later, when She-Ra and He-Man release Angella that she is reunited with her daughter and later with her husband. The Moonstone of Castle Bright Moon is the source of Angella’s magical abilities and it enables her to use her wings to fly. Her powers are affected by the position of Etheria's moons, as she is severely weakened during a lunar eclipse induced by Shadow Weaver. Aside from She-Ra she is regarded as the most powerful of the Rebel leaders. When at her full strength, she alone is more than a match for the entire Horde. Angella has, like her daughter, the ability to fly and fire photonic energy from her hands, which can stun or disable her opponents as well as blinding light. She is capable of erecting nearly impenetrable force fields. By bathing herself in her own light, she can instantly heal any injuries she has sustained and even regenerate torn clothing or armor. Angella has the power to temporarily open portals to other worlds and she appears far more skilled and experienced in the use of mystic forces than does her daughter.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; September 27, 2009 at 04:35pm.

Another thing people could do is vote for POP characters in the official 10 faviourate characters poll being run on thefwoosh.com. Vote for POP characters if you want them guys! I love these tribute video's as well!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Photobucket

CASTASPELLA is one of the closest friends of She-Ra. She was taught her magical abilities by a sorcerer called Norwyn, who used white magic. He also tutored Shadow Weaver. Castaspella worked hard for her power but Shadow Weaver was tempted by evil. The two are bitter enemies, but were once great friends, so much so that Castaspella knows enough that she can pre-empt any spells that Shadow Weaver may use against the Rebellion. Once Castaspella had achieved her great power, she was deemed suitable to be the ruler of Mystacor. When Castaspella sees Prince Adam for the first time she becomes very smitten with him, so much so that she "accidentally" leaves the Pool of Vision active, thereby pulling him into Etheria. Prince Adam also shows a mutual interest in her as well. Castaspella, being a sorceress, has many magical abilities at her disposal. She has exhibited powers such as teleportation, materialisation, and transformation. Castaspella has also demonstrated on various occasions her vast knowledge of all things magical and mystical. She also wears a pair of magical discs on her bracelets that can fire energy blasts.

Photobucket

MERMISTA is a member of The Great Rebellion and she is one of a race of Mer-folk who live on Etherian seas. Mermista, being a mermaid has the ability to change her tail fin into human legs so that she can walk on land. She is able to communicate via telepathy with various sea creatures. She is the Princess of Salineas, an underwater city on Etheria. Her father King Mercier believes it best to leave The Horde alone, in the hope that they will respect his decision and leave him and his people in peace. Mermista knows that The Horde will stop at nothing to conquer all of Etheria and she is the only member of the people of Salineas who supports the Rebellion. As the water is her home, she has been granted power over water. The source of her power, like all the other Mer-folk of Salineas, is the Power Pearl. Mermista can also conjure and control the seas.

Photobucket

PERFUMA is a ditzy blonde member of the Great Rebellion. She is an Etherian flower maiden. As such she has the ability to create flowers and other plant-life at will. Unlike the other members of the Rebellion, she does not appear to be afraid of Hordak and the other Hordesmen. On one occasion she is captured by Hordak and imprisoned in a dungeon in the Fright Zone. While prisoner in the Fright Zone, Perfuma decides that it can benefit from a bit of sprucing up. So she escapes and goes around the Fright Zone decorating it with flowers wherever she goes. Hordak is so incensed by this that he begs She-Ra to take her back into the Rebellion. From time to time she helps out the other members of the Rebellion. She has power over flowers and other vegetation, and she can cause them to grow wherever she wishes.

Photobucket

PEEKABLUE is a member of The Great Rebellion. She possesses blue peacock feathers which give her the ability of enhanced sight, with them she is able to see into the far reaches of the universe. Although afraid of Hordak, when she is captured, she does tell him that she will not use her powers for evil, however Shadow Weaver was able to cast a mind spell on her, compelling her to follow Hordak's orders, but with She-Ra's help is able to break the spell. Peekablue's power is to see in all directions and for vast distances in space. To access her power she allows her feathers to spread and she can use her powers to see either locally not only across Etheria, but also across the vastness of space and the universe. When Peekablue is shown to use her powers, she is shown to be in deep concentration.

Photobucket

FLUTTERINA is a member of The Great Rebellion. She has the power of flight due to the two wings on her back. She was originally a slave girl, called Small One, who lived in the Sand Valley. This area of Etheria was so remote it was unaffected by the Evil Horde. The area was ruled by an evil baron, named Condor. When he captured She-Ra and threw her into the dungeon, she met Small One. Small One attempted to free She-Ra but as She-Ra was freed Small One was knocked out by one of the baron's weapons. She-Ra took the girl to The Crystal Castle so that Light Hope could heal her. Light Hope tells She-Ra that the girl life is about to change and he enveloped her in a magical cocoon. The magic of the cocoon not only revived her, but transformed her and gave her butterfly wings and other special powers. After her transformation, Flutterina left her home in the Sand Valley and devoted herself to helping The Great Rebellion. Her wings are so powerful that they are capable of blowing clouds out of the way and also allowing her to carry a fully-grown man. Flutterina is also able to call upon the help of a swarm of butterflies and the ability to transform herself into a small butterfly.
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; April 30, 2009 at 11:30pm.

I always think about Peekablue as a thelepatic mutant from the marvel universe. hehe. I hope she gets a great classic figure!
    Cool video Adam!

Whoa! Really cool videos!
    Well, you just got to have ideas...
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Nice! Do a Spinnerella next! Or Netossa!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

THE GREAT REBELLION!

MEMORIES OF GRAYSKULL!

AN ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS!

Last edited by Adam_Portugal; December 7, 2009 at 11:57pm.

I can't wait for your next video...

check out the first post!
    New tribute video on Flutterina!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; April 1, 2009 at 08:20pm.

I just put my previous tribute videos all together on this thread!
    I wanna make this thread the "house" of my princess of power tribute videos.
    I hope you like them as much as I do, when I'm working on them.
    My videos are a way I found to manage my anxiousness about the releasing of POP classic figures.

I'll post my next tribute video soon, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; April 17, 2009 at 12:20am.

Your videos are really good, but I'm not so sure about your choice of songs...

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Your videos are really good, but I'm not so sure about your choice of songs...
    Thank's! About the songs, well, this is a very personal view about the POP world, and as a matter of fact my music selection is based on a style variety and language as well. I know some of you probably don't have a connection with all the songs, but that's why this is "my" video tributes. above it all, I just want to share my love for POP =)

Thank's for your feed back, I really appreciate it!

And I have a new video coming next week!

Now That I was finally able to buy the ruler of Ethernian Seas, here is my tribute video to the princess of Etherian Seas: Mermista!
    Check it out on the top of this thread!

Hey guys! Check out my first post and whatch Queen Angella's Tribute Video!

Heroic Warrior
    Yay! This is one of my favourite threads in the boards and it got updated!!! Loved the Queen Angella video and Mermista's one almost made me cry. I felt like I was a kid again. Besides, I love Part of Your World Estou grato pelos vídeos^^

great tribute videos
    Motu & Pop portuguese blog is going to my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    Yay! This is one of my favourite threads in the boards and it got updated!!! Loved the Queen Angella video and Mermista's one almost made me cry. I felt like I was a kid again. Besides, I love Part of Your World Estou grato pelos vídeos^^
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaloko View Post
    great tribute videos
    Motu & Pop portuguese blog is going to my favorites
    Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate your words, and for me is really enjoable to be able to produce this videos and share them with all of you!

I think I will have some time to post my next video around june 30, july 1 or 2

Thank's again!

Thats´s what i call a real support to the PoPs ! Really a big job !
    Hope, Matty saw them too...

Oh dearie my, why didn't I see this thread earlier?
    One of my favourite clips is Casta's. My favourite music is Mermista's.
    (Don't really why but it has a nice ending)
    Last edited by Orko-78; June 20, 2009 at 09:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton View Post
    Thats´s what i call a real support to the PoPs ! Really a big job !
    Hope, Matty saw them too...
    Thank's a lot Colton!
    And here is my new video:

PRINCESS OF POWER & THE GREAT REBELLION!

01 She-Ra, The Princess Of Power!
    02 Bow, The Knight Of Music!
    03 Glimmer, The Princess Of Light!
    04 Frosta, The Impress Of Ice!
    05 Angella, The Queen Of Bright Moon!
    06 Castaspela, The Queen Of Magic!
    07 Mermista, The Princess Of The Seas!
    08 Perfuma, The Fairy Of The Woods!
    09 Peekablue, The Lady Of The Visions!
    10 Flutterina, The Princess Butterfly!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; July 26, 2009 at 09:00pm.

Also nice.

Fantastic work!! Congratulations!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Thank you for posting these, I am really enjoying them!!
    Top wants: 3 main Twiggets, Red Knight, Granita, Hunga the Harpy, Dylamug, Vultak, Enchantress, Kothos, General Tataran, Evil Seed (Filmation), Masque, Sybiline (pack-in Gorgon), Melaktha, Despara, toy Catra, Master Sebrian, Andros, Sorceress NA comic, Kex Queen, Lodar, Green trap Jaw, Pink tri-Klops, pale monkey feet Stratos, Orange Ram man, Pale Man e Faces

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    Thank's a lot Colton!
    And here is my new video:

THE GREAT REBELLION (In My Own Vision)

01 She-Ra, The Princess Of Power!
    02 Bow, The Knight Of Music!
    03 Glimmer, The Princess Of Light!
    04 Frosta, The Impress Of Ice!
    05 Angella, The Queen Of Bright Moon!
    06 Castaspela, The Queen Of Magic!
    07 Mermista, The Princess Of The Seas!
    08 Perfuma, The Fairy Of The Woods!
    09 Peekablue, The Lady Of The Visions!
    10 Flutterina, The Princess Butterfly!
    I like this one very much! Give us more! Power to POP!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

NEW VIDEO ON THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

BOW!

Let's cross fingers and hope he gets a classic version on MOTUC in 2010!

NEW VIDEO ON THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

GLIMMER!

Let's cross fingers and hope she comes as a classic figure on MOTUC in 2010!

I really enjoy your videos. When I saw the swan though I thought - "Oh give me a break? A SWAN tribute video? Who really wants the SWAN to come back!" LOL. Silly me.

I'm hoping for Catra, over Bow or Glimmer. We can get to them in 2011, if need be. I really want to see awesome She-Ra and Catra figures to duke it out next year!