Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty Facebook News - Mer-Man, Battle Cat, and more (March 20, 09)

Heroic Warrior

Matty Facebook News - Mer-Man, Battle Cat, and more (March 20, 09)

I think this is great news.

Live from Eternia,

Well, things could not be going better in the MOTU Classics world. I just got off the phone with the Four Horsemen and they are keeping very busy working on accessories for our November release figure as well as starting to sculpt Battle Cat for a 2010 release. And yes, He-Man will of course fit perfectly in the saddle!

Obviously sales are going very well. So good infact that we are greatly increasing production of figures going forward. All of the figures produced so far had gone into production before He-Man even went on sale. So the first figure we were able to adjust quotas on (once we saw the figures were selling out so fast!) has been Mer-Man.

He is set to go on sale April 15th, but because we were late in requesting an increase in production, the entire production run will not be ready on the 15th.

What does that mean? Well likely (based on Faker sales) Mer-Man will sell out on day 1, but we should get our second batch a few days later. We will keep fans linked in as we find out more specifics.

The figures after Mer-Man, Zodac and Hordak will also have an increase in production, but hopefully should all arrive on the same day without a delay. If those also sell out, we will continue to adjust production runs. Ideally we would like the figures to be on sale for about 3-5 weeks so yes, figures are selling faster than anticiapted. But we are all over it and are working hard to get production numbers just right! And we will rerelease all of the sell out figures in time (may not be until 2010/2011) but we wouldn't want anyone's collection to be lacking!

Finally, we will indeed have a SDCC exclusive MOTUC figure which will be revealed in April. This figure will not be one of the "monthly" releases and will be the first "bonus" figure. He or She will also be available (along with the rest of our SDCC items) on MattyCollector.com after the show.

Alright, that's it for now. Please keep the feedback coming and we'll keep working on great new figures for all of our lines!

Best,

Matty

Just read that on Facebook also.. Great News.
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Wow, so there will be a bonus figure...

Indeed that is great. Thanks for updating us few that do not have facebook. I cant wait to see what the bonus figure will be.

Awesome news! This will hopefully make a lot of people very happy! By the way, where exactly is Matty's facebook page?

Cool news.

Hoping the bonus figure is Webstor!

Trap-Jaw in November?

Matty Just posted new news on Facebook, he made the comment that the FH were working hard on the accessories for Novembers Figure! TRAP-JAW..Thats my Guess. What do you think?
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

Lots of good news there (happy about Battle Cat and the exclusive being a bonus figure), but why haven't we heard anything about the 4H starting to sculpt POP figures? They're supposed to be coming in early 2010. How 'bout some info. on that?

I hope so and I hope he comes with a load of accessories.

That`s awsome new!! all of it!!!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    So will the exclusive differ from the convention to mattycollector.com?
    That is the question.

It sounds like they are doing it the same way as Faker, but it will be a bonus figure instead of a monthly figure.
    And that would be nice.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Sounds like great news all around!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    huzzah! re-releases
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Great news.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Lots of good news there (happy about Battle Cat and the exclusive being a bonus figure), but why haven't we heard anything about the 4H starting to sculpt POP figures? They're supposed to be coming in early 2010. How 'bout some info. on that?
    Hmmm.... I agree! But She-Ra is scheduled for 2010 so after the 4H have sculpted the november and december figures She should be soon after. Potentially she could be one of the next two characters they sculpt. I sooooo hope they can get her done by SDCC so we can see what she looks like!

Great news about Battle cat!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Finally I rest in peace.. I'm quite sure they will release all future bonus/exclusive/über figures also in mattyc.com I think that's a cool thing !

GO MATTY GO !!!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Part of me thinks that the con exclusive/bonus figure will be Adora. And the regular release that month will be She-Ra. No real proof but that's just the conclusion I drew because of the way they worded the facebook update.

I hope Battlecat is bigger than 200x version.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Bonus figure will be probably in the Teela month, so Green Goddess would make sence for tooling and $$$ saving. Im calling it now.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Hmmm.... I agree! But She-Ra is scheduled for 2010 so after the 4H have sculpted the november and december figures She should be soon after. Potentially she could be one of the next two characters they sculpt. I sooooo hope they can get her done by SDCC so we can see what she looks like!

Great news about Battle cat!
    Just a bit odd that they're already sculpting Battle Cat for 2010 when I don't think they've even started on a POP one. (last we heard, they didn't even start on She-Ra yet) Could they be fast-tracking him because of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Part of me thinks that the con exclusive/bonus figure will be Adora. And the regular release that month will be She-Ra. No real proof but that's just the conclusion I drew because of the way they worded the facebook update.
    Somewhere toyguru said there was a POP figure planned for the end of 2009, but that got bumped to 2010.

I think they can make more than one figure at time They have already told us that Battle Cat is coming, so that isn't news. Ofcourse they don't want to tell everything right away.. She-Ra might be even already done by now, but they will keep that from us for now
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    All good news here. More Mer-Mans, Battle Cat is coming, SDCC figure will also be a bonus figure on the site. But the biggest news for me is that all sold out figures will be coming back. That means those that missed out on Beast Man, Stratos, and Faker will get a chance at them. (Since we knew about He-Man and Skeletor already) Nothing bad here at all. I just hope they can find a way to give us Ram Man.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    I think they can make more than one figure at time They have already told us that Battle Cat is coming, so that isn't news. Ofcourse they don't want to tell everything right away.. She-Ra might be even already done by now, but they will keep that from us for now
    True, but Teela was needing to be finished last we heard, they're working on accessories for the November figure and, presumably, haven't done/finished the December figure yet. Plus, the larger stuff like pets (Battle Cat) was announced well after POP figures. Shouldn't they be going in order?

Movie mayhem!
    Once they have the base for a female though its probably easier/faster to then modify it for another character. Battlecat is going to be a completely new sculpt with new types of articulation. He's just prob going to take longer to create on multiple fronts so it doesn't surprise me that they are starting to figure that out. I mean even with this line in general they at least had the joining all figured out because of the DCU line, but animals will be a completely new... well animal to tackle.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    It is very possible that 1 of them is very good with beast, so he is putting most of his time on BC while the others are adding all the touches for figures this year.

Also possible that the want She-Ra and POP to be a big surprise so they are just not talking about it.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe