Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.14!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.14!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 14 questions!

1. Would it possible to include 2 extra unattached hang tags in an upcoming MOTUC figure, since many who ordered He-man and Beast Man received carded figures without a hang tag?
    While this seems like a great idea on paper, it is a bit harder considering the cost and logistics it would add to the figures adding up over the whole run. The best solution we have for fans is to contact and art supply store. Most good stores will sell you a hook that can stick onto the back of a MOTUC package for wall mounting. Going forward, all future MOTUC figures will have this hook. We apologies for the few fans who bought an early figure that did not have the hook. Sometimes the best laid plans go sour. This was one of those cases.

2. For Hordak's MOTUC bio, where does Mattel stand on the concepts of Horde Prime & Horde World in the MOTUC mythos?
    You’ll just have to wait and see!

3. Does Hordak's arm-bat have articulated head and wings?
    No, it is not articulated.

4. When the 200X line was out, we were told there was a Wind Raider vehicle planned. Was this vehicle finished, and if so will we see it in the MOTUC line?
    This vehicle never made it to the full tooling stage so it is unlikely it will be in the MOTUC line at this time. During a movie year it is possible the line will also move to retail and larger items may make it in. But right now the line will be figures only with larger beasts coming in 2010.

5. What percentage of MOTUC figures have being sold to collectors outside of the USA, and has it been consistent from month to month?
    For a variety of reasons we can’t release any exact numbers, but we do sell figures to over 50 countries with Germany by far taking the largest amount outside of the US. However, at this time, we are not seeing the numbers that would justify a second distribution center. If that changes, and over seas fans do order in increased amounts we would love to be able to open up greater distribution centers to help with international shipping. And yes, international orders have been constant for all the figures so far.

6. Of the twelve figures planned for 2010, how many are classic MOTU, then 2002, then NA and then POP figures?
    It is too early at this point to reveal that.

7. Why are some people receiving MOTUC Stratos figures with the package taped at the bottom?
    We are honestly not sure. This may be an error from the factory and we have passed this feedback along to them.

8. Will Tri-Klops' visor be moveable?
    No, but there is some sculpting under the visor if you hold it up and look (or break it off).
    Toyguru has verified that he misread the question,
    and that Tri-Klop's visor will in fact rotate.

9. Will Mattel be selling any MOTUC Stratos in SDCC, or is he completely sold out?
    He is completely sold out.

10. Rather than all figures being re-released, Mattel has been stated that "core characters" will get re-released 8-10 months after a sellout. How are the core characters determined?
    Right now we are just looking at He-Man and Skeletor, but if there re-release goes well we will look at brining other sold out figures back. It is too early at this time to comment exactly.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 16!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 14 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    8. Will Tri-Klops' visor be moveable?
    No, but there is some sculpting under the visor if you hold it up and look (or break it off).
    That seems weird to me.
    And the way his answer is worded makes me wonder if he didn't mis-read that as "removable" instead of "moveable"
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Poor Tri-Klops.
    That's really bad news.
    If Man-E will rotate, cause its part of who he is, how does Tri-Klops not fall in that area, or will Man-E end up the same way?
    I don't like this at all.

Edit:
    Good point guitargod694. Maybe we can get that reasked, or rechecked as to if he read it correctly.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

How could they not make his visor move?

That is probably one of the dumbest things ever if that is the case. I hope he just mis read it.

hmmm....I thought TG might have bitten to my question about Hordak, Horde Prime & Horde World. Hopefully it will all be in his MOTUC bio!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

This set of answers wasn't all that exciting this time around.

On a side note, I thought King Grayskull was definitely coming back.

I am not liking that answer about Tri-Klops, they really need to change that before he comes out, 1 of the MAIN points of him is that rotating visor.
    There is no way they can NOT let us have options on which eye to show.
    That would be epic fail.

I'm almost thinking he read that as RE-MOVABLE & not movable.
    We need clarification on this asap from our good friend Toy-Guru.
    Last edited by JafariStew; March 17, 2009 at 07:45pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Sounds to me as if he misread it as well.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That Tri-Klops answer is a shocker! I'd thought it would have been a no-brainer to make it actually rotate. It isn't like it would mess with the sculpt. What gives????

Is it too late to protest against this???

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

i read it as removeable too so the answer didn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    That seems weird to me.
    And the way his answer is worded makes me wonder if he didn't mis-read that as "removable" instead of "moveable"
    agreed, the answer seems to indicate a mistake.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Sorry, this time the answers were mediocre at best.

1. Would it possible to include 2 extra unattached hang tags in an upcoming MOTUC figure, since many who ordered He-man and Beast Man received carded figures without a hang tag?
    While this seems like a great idea on paper, it is a bit harder considering the cost and logistics it would add to the figures adding up over the whole run. The best solution we have for fans is to contact and art supply store. Most good stores will sell you a hook that can stick onto the back of a MOTUC package for wall mounting. Going forward, all future MOTUC figures will have this hook. We apologies for the few fans who bought an early figure that did not have the hook. Sometimes the best laid plans go sour. This was one of those cases.
    I don't have sour grapes over it but I seriously thought it was just a tiny piece of plastic that matty could afford to throw out a few of...makes me almost wish I didn't open my HM w/o hanger.

I accept the apology of fault in their answer (which in sincerity should actually read, "We apologize" instead of "We apologies.")

I hope that they can start catching these flaws & other ongoing issues more ahead of time in the future. I do give them some credit though so far, for atleast trying to address such issues & whatnot.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

I honestly read it as removable also, so I'm relatively confident that this was a simple mistake. Tri-Klops will have his rotating visor; mark my words!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think everybody are going to be very mad if Triklops visor doesn't move at all. It can't be so hard to make I think. And I hope the next rereleases after He-man and Skelly are KG and Faker.
    Last edited by Jamps; March 18, 2009 at 11:57pm.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Oh man that sucks.I mis-read the question too so thought nothing of it.Now that I see moveable as in rotates this is a huge bummer.How can it not rotate and as if sculpting underneath will satisfy me enough, who cares about sculpting underneath he wll be standing on my shelf not lying down.

I hope he like I read it wrong which is why he said the sculpting underneath comment.

That Tri-klops news cannot be correct. He -must- have misread the question. Had to.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I for one am incredibly disappointed that Tri-Klops' visor won't be moveable. That's the whole core of the character IMHO.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

If Tri-Klops' visor doesn't rotate it doesn't really bother me. It's still an awesome figure, and that's a really minor feature to me.

It's late, so bear with me on this one:

What's alarmed me a little is the fact Mattel has seemed reluctant to even commit to the extremely obvious and necessary re-releases of He-Man and Skeletor even though the line seems to be doing very well. What's worse is the re-releases aren't happening till late this year, which isn't soon enough in my opinion, and they'll have to judge their sales before any other re-releases can happen (so my unfortunate brothers in collecting who missed Faker, Stratos, or Beast Man should go ahead and shell out the dough it takes to get them on the secondary market).

It's still early in this whole process, and I'm not advocating they jump the gun and do something that would hurt the line's longevity. I'd just hate to see the potential greatness of this line limited by Mattel's reluctance to put out more than 12-14 figures a year or have more than one figure available on MattyCollector.com at a time.

As has been said, don't worry about the Tri-Klops thing. I'm 100% sure that it'll rotate. The answer only makes sense if he misread it as "removable."

still looking for "the POWER"

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This set of answers wasn't all that exciting this time around.

On a side note, I thought King Grayskull was definitely coming back.
    I have the answers to the next ***.WTK ***sorry for the abrv. ***...

"No"
    and
    "we can not tell you at this time..."

repeat and spread these around as needed....

I was planning on sending them a full 20 dollars sorry for the $19.63 cents...
    "Sometimes the best laid plans go sour. This was one of those cases." they can call some other store and get it from them...it would be easy based on the customer list to send clips in an envelope...just for the principle of it if no other reason...it was advertised as such...just not willing to deliver.

Not trying to hate ...but it is hard for me to believe that the tooling and manufacturing cost is $19.99 and they are only making a cent on each one...as each figure comes out they only recoup more funds with most tooling already being done. Stratos must of saved them a bunch...not even a weapon? 3 cents worth of plastic that could later be released as weapons/armor pack and weapons of Grayskull.

Ok so are they paying 4H too much? is the initial release and these constant sell outs(one month, three days, now three hours) not showing this thing is on fire? it seems as they are throwing water on this thing any chance they get... I can send an email to all my friends for..about 0 cents per email costing me about 0 cents total...so no news letter? going to facebook to keep up on whats up? Would I be less critical if there was a build a figure part with each...well yea...lol

I have loved Mattel for over 25 years...won't stop, but please put fans first (remember the ones that made you millions of dollars the first time around at $4.99 per figure)
    Last edited by mastergamer; March 19, 2009 at 01:51am. Reason: relized it could be seen as innapropirte..sorry not intent

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    How could they not make his visor move?
    No worries, his visor will move, at least in his prototype. I bet they don't glue it... or do they
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Nothing really earth shattering this time around. I would be amazed of the Tri Klops visor did not move. That is the whole essence of the character.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Whoever posed the question in the first place about Tri-Klops should've phrased it differently: eg "Will Tri-Klops visor be able to rotate?" "Movable" is too ambiguous and doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as "rotate", or could be misinterpreted to mean "removable" which is what it seems it has.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I guess we'll be hearing from Toyguru soon to clarify if his visor turns at all.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fairly certain I saw pics from Tri-Clops at the show he was revealed that showed a different eye facing forward in 2 different pics. I'm with the "mis-read" crowd, as his visor rotating is not really an "action feature" per se and would be very easy to do, I'd imagine.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb