Thread: He-Man's shield

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar

He-Man's shield

I don't know if this is happening to anybody else but the clip on the back of He-Man's shield is starting to discolor. It looks like the plastic is stressed, I don't know from what, it hasn't been played with or taken on and off repeatedly.

On a side note, who's bummed that Faker isn't coming with a copy of He-Man's shield and axe?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    yeah, it would have been nice if he did, seeing as he's the same price as He-man, but comes with less acccessories...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Maybe a future weapons pack could "conveniently" have Faker color versions of the axe and shield.

Hmm...haven't noticed anything distressing about the sheild yet. I always watch clip on accessories like a HAWK in case they might be getting weak, but the clip on the sheild has been tip-top so far. I'm not worried about it in the least, and I've been playing with it a bunch, so it's been on and off his arm quite a few times.

Anyway, yeah, I think the axe and sheild would have been a neat little addition, even if the original didn't come with them.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    When I got He-Man I tried to clip the shield to part of the power shield and it stressed the plastic.

The same thing happened to the shield of my he-man and KG so I left them in place from now on.
    To infinity, and beyond!

Mine have both shown signs of stress as well (KG and HM). They seem fine though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    FAKER never came with a He-man's axe and shield in orange colors! Ever!

Although, the Top Toys I think or something else, it was an Indian MATTEL released. FAKER not only came with Skeletor's belt but with his matching orange Havoc Staff as well. Now wouldn't that be nice?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    FAKER never came with a He-man's axe and shield in orange colors! Ever!

Although, the Top Toys I think or something else, it was an Indian MATTEL released. FAKER not only came with Skeletor's belt but with his matching orange Havoc Staff as well. Now wouldn't that be nice?
    I've got 2 of the new Faker coming my way, but if they released him later as Leo Faker i'd get 2 more, otherwise I'll have to get another skeletor and make 1!

But yeah, maybe at least the shield for Faker like Emiliano's staction illustration. And maybe another head which has more evil expression!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    That's what it was! LEO Faker! He comes with an orange prong belt and an orange Havoc Staff just like Skeletor's!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I know he didn't come with the shield and axe originally, but if we're going to spend the same amount of money on a figure that only has one weapon that we did on one that had four I don't see why we couldn't get some recolors.

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    I know he didn't come with the shield and axe originally, but if we're going to spend the same amount of money on a figure that only has one weapon that we did on one that had four I don't see why we couldn't get some recolors.
    I would have liked some extra accesories with Faker also. Luckily I had an extra ax from He-Man so I just painted it orange and I'm happy. I'll post pics when I get my Faker (which should be today!!!).

Heroic Warrior
    Agree 100%. Personally I never really thought of Faker as a "repaint". He's always been his own character to me. But we are paying the same price (or more) for the same figure with fewer weapons.

Can anyone tell me if the packaging is the same as He-man? Is there a place in the package for the shield and Ax, or did they actually spend money creating a new package so we wouldn't get the extra accessories?

I love the original figures and want them as close to vintage as possible... but I don't want us to shoot ourselves in the foot and miss cool chances "just because the original didn't come with it...."

Heroic Warrior
    I think mostly it's about spreading the X amount of tooling dollars among the characters where it's mostly needed, and not about making sure evey character is worth the exact same amount of money in terms of plastic and accessories. So some characters where it makes more sense will have more accessories and in effect actually be worth more than some others.

They could have priced each figure according to it's actual cost of course, but chose not to. Personally I'm happy with it. I'd rather have Stratos with no weapons if Mer Man gets an extra head and so on or the equivalent in future figures.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the packaging is the same as He-man? Is there a place in the package for the shield and Ax, or did they actually spend money creating a new package so we wouldn't get the extra accessories?

I love the original figures and want them as close to vintage as possible... but I don't want us to shoot ourselves in the foot and miss cool chances "just because the original didn't come with it...."
    I don't 'want them as close to vintage as possible'. I want them to be much much better than that. I want them to be better than both vintage and 200x. the 80's are long gone, but alot of fans seem to think the word 'classics' only applies to the 80's.
    MOTUC is supposed to be the all-encompassing motu line made to include all eras of motu, not just vintage. So, no i don't want them to stick to the 80's designs/accessories, when they can do so much better, and have many different sources to look at other than just the 80's versions.

200x Faker had the axe & shield, why not the new one? oh yes, I forgot... the 80's one had only the sword.
    look at all the stuff they gave MAA, and Tri-klops has extras he never had before... Hordak has the 200x staff. If they can do all that, why couldn't they have given faker the axe & shield. It's not as if they'd have had to make a whole new mold for it. just a simple recolor, which would probably cost next to nothing imo.
    Stratos should have had some thing included, rather than nothing. to pay $20 for a standard $7 action figure with no accessories is what i'd call 'rip-off'. hopefully that'll be the only one. not that they do the same for another character.

good question, though...did they change Faker's package to not include the axe & shield....it would have been simpler imo to just throw them in. oh, wait, he does have the half sword doesn't he? I guess that counts as two things... lol
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I always commented that Faker had to be sold with an extra head.

Ya...why not at least an orange shield?

And frankly I'm a bit disapointed that Faker didn't come with at least a battle damaged head, or arm. SOMETHING!!!!

Still a very cool figure-
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac101 View Post
    Ya...why not at least an orange shield?

And frankly I'm a bit disapointed that Faker didn't come with at least a battle damaged head, or arm. SOMETHING!!!!

Still a very cool figure-
    I agree.

I got one Faker from the NY show..and I missed out getting a second from Matty. BUt just got another He-Man to do my own custom damaged Faker.

Its just there was absolutly no new tooling envolved with Faker. Even the swords were just repaints. They couldn't spend a little extra to get a new head or a single hand made to look damaged?
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agree 100%. Personally I never really thought of Faker as a "repaint". He's always been his own character to me. But we are paying the same price (or more) for the same figure with fewer weapons.

The classics are already coming with more accessories than the originals with the multi heads and the full and half swords. MAA comes with an extra head and 2 Grayskull weapons he didn't come with orignally, plus all the stuff he originally did. Tri-Klops will have a doomseeker and possibly another accessory besides his regular sword. Hordak comes with an additional staff, and Teela is rumored to come with a sword as well as all her 80s weapons and armor, AND an extra head. Nice how soon all that is forgotten...

And all the basic figs (which is what we have in MOTUC so far) were all the same price in the 80s. Some came with 4 accessories.. some came with 2... further down the line (like Moss Man) some came with one. They were all the same price. Nobody was griping about that.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

One HUGE difference from the vintage line to this new Classics line. These are now $20 and the vintage ones were alot cheaper!

And yes you just proved my point-they spent the extra tooling dollars for a second head for Man-At-Arms and also his couple weapons he will come with. They could have at least done a repaint of the sheild-that was already tooled-and also even just a repainted He-Man head to look damaged or battle worn. Thats all my gripe was about. Hell, they could have had a few paint apps on an arm or a leg to look like battle damage.

This is for collectors-thats what they stated right off the get go-so make it that way with every figure not just one here an there.

Don't get me wrong I will support this line as much as I can-
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Hell, they could have had a few paint apps on an arm or a leg to look like battle damage.
    Then we'd be hearing it from the people who wanted a clean Faker. How many people griped when 20th anniversary Masterpiece Prime came out with battle damage vs. the Japanese version which was clean?

If they did Faker as they did, there would have been complainers (which there are).

If they did Faker with extra Skeletor accessories, there would have been complainers.

If they did Faker with extra He-Man accessories, there would have been complainers.

If they did Faker with battle damage, there would have been complainers.

Mattel can't win no matter what they do.

Maybe it would have been nice to have an alternate head for Faker.

I would hate for them to have added battle damage to Faker though, There is no need for it. No other figure has battle damage, so why should Faker? it would just take away from the figure IMO.

I am happy with the Faker we got, perfect redesign of the original.
    Last edited by Mye-Kah B; March 29, 2009 at 03:21pm.

One HUGE difference from the vintage line to this new Classics line. These are now $20 and the vintage ones were alot cheaper!

And yes you just proved my point-they spent the extra tooling dollars for a second head for Man-At-Arms and also his couple weapons he will come with. They could have at least done a repaint of the sheild-that was already tooled-and also even just a repainted He-Man head to look damaged or battle worn. Thats all my gripe was about. Hell, they could have had a few paint apps on an arm or a leg to look like battle damage.

This is for collectors-thats what they stated right off the get go-so make it that way with every figure not just one here an there.

Don't get me wrong I will support this line as much as I can-
    Toyguru explained back in one of hose Q&As how the accessory/new molds were distributed among the toys. Basically, some toys will have to be cheaper to produce in order for them to afford more expensive toys. Faker may have only had one weapon, and Stratos none, but because of that Merman will have a trident and extra head, Hordak will have his staff, and Man-at-Arms will have an extra head, more armor, and and 2 extra weapons. Some toys have to suffer to make others better. Personally, I think they are doing a good job of choosing which ones suffer. Sure it would have been cool if Faker came with more weapons, but I think Man-at-Arms needs them more (both heads are necessary, and how can the "man at arms" only have one weapon?)

Even without extra accessories, Faker is still a great toy.

I do agree with the He-Man shield though. Why wasn't it orange on the insets? I would like to see one in orange.