March 17, 2009, 07:55pm
WTFWTK 2.16 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Will Mattel offer a way for international fans who support the line get a hold of the chase/special figures you are releasing at the comic-cons without having to resort to eBay?
2. If/When a movie toy line is developed, will the toys be in the same scale as MOTUC?
3. Will Mattel be doing anything special for the 25th anniversary of the POP toy line?
4. Some collectors have been reporting loose joints on new MOTUC figures. Is anything being done to remedy this?
5. With the success of the MOTUC line thus far, can you tell us your plans (if any) for more unique sculpts?
6. Are there any upcoming plans for gift sets that including multiple figures, or figures with vehicles/creatures?
7. Does Mattel have plans to balance the number of villains with the number of heroes in the MOTUC line? With the announcement at NYCC of upcoming figures, the line is currently villain-heavy.
8. For figures that will reuse body parts, will the same be true of head sculpts like in the classic line? (eg: Moss Man and Beast Man, Mer-Man and Stinkor, etc)
9. Does Mattel have plans for more secure/insured shipping methods for international fans who never receive items?
10. When will the subscription service be available?
So ask those questions!