Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.16 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.16 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Will Mattel offer a way for international fans who support the line get a hold of the chase/special figures you are releasing at the comic-cons without having to resort to eBay?

2. If/When a movie toy line is developed, will the toys be in the same scale as MOTUC?

3. Will Mattel be doing anything special for the 25th anniversary of the POP toy line?

4. Some collectors have been reporting loose joints on new MOTUC figures. Is anything being done to remedy this?

5. With the success of the MOTUC line thus far, can you tell us your plans (if any) for more unique sculpts?

6. Are there any upcoming plans for gift sets that including multiple figures, or figures with vehicles/creatures?

7. Does Mattel have plans to balance the number of villains with the number of heroes in the MOTUC line? With the announcement at NYCC of upcoming figures, the line is currently villain-heavy.

8. For figures that will reuse body parts, will the same be true of head sculpts like in the classic line? (eg: Moss Man and Beast Man, Mer-Man and Stinkor, etc)

9. Does Mattel have plans for more secure/insured shipping methods for international fans who never receive items?

10. When will the subscription service be available?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Heroic Eternian Actor Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar

Production increases

Hi there,
    I know it has been stated that Mattel would have to wait and look at sales to determine increasing production of product, but after the frustration of seeing Faker sell out in less than three hours as well as the others selling out in three days or less, my specific question is-- Has Mattel determined if they will increase production numbers on figures? It can be hard to always buy at noon on the dot!

Thanks for your consideration.

Will Hordak's title be changed to its classic "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde", or something other than Evil Leader? Evil repeated sounds a little silly.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Warrior
    Q: Will the female POP figures share any parts of the Teela body sculpt?

A majority of adults work during the day and a lot of people can't be on the computer ordering figures at noon when they first go on sale, so is it possible to have at least some figures released at an evening time instead?

Hi TG. I have always loved Panthor and believe he is Skeletor's last connection to both his former self Keldor and his humanity.
    My question is will Panthor have a bio ? so we will at last know his orign.
    Last edited by Vorgon; March 17, 2009 at 10:35pm.

Hearing the way cool news about Battlecat and Panthor...

Are there plans to produce Swift Wind (hopefully, white and NOT pink, and without rooted hair) and/or Mantisaur?

The girl and the "evil leader of the evil Horde" need steeds as well, right ")

Continuity restricting design?

Will the new "unified" continuity in the bios prohibit the Classics line from including characters (or versions of characters) specific to one particular continuity, e.g. a 200X cartoon-accurate King Grayskull, with the 200X-accurate sword, belt etc.?

Movie mayhem!
    Awhile back you had announced that sales had justified you doing vehicles... but in the latest QandA you said no vehicles are planned and instead just large beasts... why was this changed?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If the fans don't like some aspect on a figure that is more than 3 months away, is there a chance (or is there time) to enact a change on that very figure if there is enough negative feedback towards it?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Since Faker still has it, when will the smaller Beast Man/Stratos crotch piece become the standard so that the figures aren't forced in a bow-legged stance, and will the Teela/female body see similar attention?
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; March 19, 2009 at 06:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi Toy Guru, after reading the bio for Zodac, can you finally confirm for us alll that when/if the 200X version of Zodak is made, they are indeed 2 separate people, since this version of Zodac has nothing mentioned in his bio about the ancient rivalry with King Hiss & the Snake Men, which was well established in the MYP cartoon.
    Last edited by grenadaspice; March 21, 2009 at 11:55am.

Why not change that MOTUC-paperlogo to be a sticker ?
    Last edited by Tuukka; March 20, 2009 at 06:57pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

It is obvious from the MOTUC figure sales that there is more demand for the figures than the actual production. Why does Mattel wait until 2010 to re-release the sold-out MOTUC figures? Since the figures are ready for production the only question is: How many should be re-released? If there would be a possibility to preorder these sold-out figures the answer of this question would be known already. According to the number of preorders Mattel can judge whether to re-release a figure or not. Each time the number of preorders reaches certain amount the figure can be re-released asap. Please comment.

Many fans are a little wary that other armored figures such as King Randor, Fisto, Clawful and so on will be showing there abs like Hordak. Can you put our fears to rest and tell us that the rest of the armored figures will have armor go down to their waist like the 80's figures had. There's a great agreement amongst fans that if King Randor wants to do his ab crunches he needs to take off his armor first. thank you

My my question is :
    Mattel is one of the biggest Toyproducer in the world. How is it possible that Mattel produce much mistakes with the Toys-i mean my Fakers are damaged, becaus they have all just right feet and a bad paint job! With no figure there are so much big quality problems. What will you ToyGuru to reduce this mistakes to 0,01%?
    I love so much the line, but i think you will loose much fans and me too, if the quality will be so bad.

how about adding BUTTON to the figure's page on matty when it sells out that can say " i would like to be notified when this item is back instock". it would be an easy and fast way to gauge interest in a 2nd run of figures.

it would give mattel cold, hard data about how many they should make rather than guessing or using sales models that may not actually not fit for MOTUC.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Marvel/STAR Comics characters are off-limits, but do you have access to the limited DC Comics series? This includes Warrior-Bikini Teela and Adam in the blue outfit (He also appears this way in some of the Mattel mini-comics.)
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

What is the philosophy of "real" names to the characters? Is there some sort of a logic when coming up with a new "real" name for a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    What is the philosophy of "real" names to the characters? Is there some sort of a logic when coming up with a new "real" name for a character?
    TO add to this one, what is the approval process? I mean we all understand MEr-Man, Trap Jaw aren't going to be names they are born with, but a name like Zodak or Hordak are pretty alien and though they may be based on words we know they are changed enough to make them fine names for alien characters. but HEC-Tor? I mean that's sillier than other MOTU names.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Can you give us anymore insight into the upcoming Teela Classic? Such as what her alternate headsclupt will look like, (such as hair style, color, & facial features it's based on), as well as her weaponry, (like will she also include a sword)?
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Is it possible to change the color of the either the sky or the bricks on the cards to differentiate the various Branches of Toys ( horde - blood Red,POP-Purple,NA -Blue , etc?) it seems this would be neat and very effective concept.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    will all future exclusive figures be packed on blister cards or be boxed exclusives like King Greyskull & the 200X figures? i think the displayability of your collection is better w/ uniform packaging.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

How serious are fan concerns taken in regards to the already set and established corporate plans that are laid out? With what happened in the last line we are still nervous about this line and about our voice not being heard, or to be more fitting, our voice not being taken seriously. But fans called it in 2002 and there is a reason to listen, even if sales are way beyond your predictions there is still room for and reason for concern. The numbers show that people LOVE MOTU, but so does the negative reactions to things that may not reflect in the numbers, but are seen on the board, just like in 2002 the numbers can change very quickly if those negative issues aren't taken care of.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

What did you guys do with the giant King Grayskull and giant Faker statues from the comic conventions? You could always sell raffle numbers on MattyCollector.com and give us a chance to own them.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!